Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

FractalSandwich posted:

That's about it. She attacks when you want to use her ousia or pneuma for overworld puzzles.

You can also use her pneuma/ousia to clean up dirt in commissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RoyalScion posted:

The best ones are probably Dvalin (well, as long as you have Ganyu I guess) and Shogun because you can just turbomurder them without having to deal with any of that garbage.

I will not stand for this Childe erasure.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Ideally you use E three times, wait 11 seconds then burst (when it's up). Otherwise you just use E three times every 12 seconds. I don't really like running her except with tighnari where you have spare field time.

Her burst has the ability to skip ICD on aggravate teams, so it's really good on those. Other than that, I pretty much never play her.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Yae has been a staple of my teams since I got her. So much so I've started saying "what a nuisance" when something bothersome happens.

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008
Yae has been a comfort pick for me for a long time, and even moreso since I accidentally got her c1. Her + Nahida + Kokomi was my go to team for a lot of Sumeru. Spin around to apply dendro, put down jellyfish and turrets, then watch things die.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

In my search for kuki dupes I now have c2 Kirara and so far have just tried her on a team with Nahida, Fischl and Kuki (pls Hoyo I wasted my guarantee give me dupes).

It’s actually really good. Kirara makes things really comfy, especially since the only shielder I’ve ever used is Diona. Kirara’s shield fits nicely into the rotation (unlike Diona in some teams usually, imo) and my initial fear of her being a sidegrade to Yaoyao is gone. I’m going to have to try more teams. It’s also nice to have a good on field Nahida team since usually she is off field when I use her. Can have her blasting away while protected this way.

Kirara is only lvl 70 too so I’m excited to see how much stronger her shield is when I’m done with her.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yae/Fischl/Yaoyao/Sucrose is one of my preferred abyss teams. Everyone can do their job from long range, and the damage output is great.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I use Yae as an on-field driver in a Yae/Nahida/Fischl/Jean aggravate group.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

*Looks up from throwing Yae/Tighnari at the whale* This is supposed to be hard? :confused:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

yanfei is my favorite character (gameplay wise) and I would give anything for more Cons of her

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Meowywitch posted:

some of the bad bosses I hate:

OCEANID
Back in the day I pulled for Ganyu specifically because I hated this boss (and also specifically for speeding up Dvalin). I do not regret it, Ganyu makes Rhodeia a joke. Yeah real nice ice sculptures you got there, you planning to actually attack me at some point? :smug:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is Freminet's c2 a reference to Neuschwabenland? Is Freminet a Nazi?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nilou, Furina, Kokomi, Nahida

because I don't like Xingliu.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

note: every loving boss should have a warp next to them

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Most of them have a quick jaunt, but if I know I'm going to be doing them alot, I just through down a temporary teleporter https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Portable_Waypoint

rio
Mar 20, 2008

One of the (only) perks of mobile is if you leave the game for a short time, when you go back you get a loading screen. So after a boss kill I just tab out to read the forums or do something else, and when I open the game again after a short load the boss has respawned without me having gone anywhere. I usually put my portable waypoint near things I’m farming (especially that Liyue domain where you can float down and catch a lot of crystalflies) so this ends up and easy way to get my ascension boss mats without the teleports that require a bit of running to get to the boss. It’s been nice for Kirara for example since they really wanted to waste some time getting there even after taking down that destructible wall by the closest of the two teleports.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

4.3 special program this Friday (7am EST on Twitch, 8 am on youtube)

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 6, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

4.3 special program this Friday (7am EST on Twitch, 8 am on youtube)

Oh yeah! Some other party official better not die. Unless its Xi of course

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

Ah, farming cubes I see.

If its the respawn timer thing just enter your teapot and leave again by plonking down another teapot. That way you only have to wait it out while watching YouTube rather than actively moving.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Zipping off to Enkanomiya or the underground Chasm for a little bit seems to work well for quickly resetting boss cooldowns too. Basically anything that gives a chance for the world map to reset I guess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

1 weird trick they don't want you to know about!

Build a portable teleporter

Use all the fragile resin you need right then and there so you don't have to worry about having to go back there for another 19 months.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man that Freminet event had jarring ending. Haha we're doing a fun lighthearted fantasy thing to help a sick kid! Oops turns out the kid killed himself and the mom's insane! It goes from Make-a-Wish Foundation to The Traveler Does Not Dream of Water Imp Kingdoms in seconds.

Oh well, I got Freminet and a cool clockwork penguin out of the deal so whatever.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Asimo posted:

Zipping off to Enkanomiya or the underground Chasm for a little bit seems to work well for quickly resetting boss cooldowns too. Basically anything that gives a chance for the world map to reset I guess.
It always takes at least 5 minutes. You can see the remaining respawn time in the Adventurer's Handbook. You do have to get far enough away to make the area unload after the timer is up, yeah, but another zone on the other side of the same region will work just as well as going to a completely different map. Though I guess you could get really sweaty and start benchmarking load times...

The respawn timer has another weird property, which is that it starts when when boss loads, not when it dies. This means that if you're chain-farming the same boss, faster clear times and a shorter run from the waypoint don't actually make it faster: it just means you'll spend more time waiting for it to respawn instead.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

It always takes at least 5 minutes.

It's 3 minutes, fyi.

Cool kids use the teapot widget to teleport into their teapot and do things or afk, then use the teapot widget from within their teapot to return back to the exact original location. No fuss, no muss.

:11tea:

Note Block fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 6, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So I guess there's some sort of giant whale boss in my future. I hope I can pull Subaru Natsuke from a wish before then.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Note Block posted:

It's 3 minutes, fyi.

Cool kids use the teapot widget to teleport into their teapot and do things or afk, then use the teapot widget from within their teapot to return back to the exact original location. No fuss, no muss.

It's 5 minutes, starting when you load in. If it looks shorter, it's because the timer rounds down and it's not trivial to get to a boss, kill it, and find it in the handbook in under 60 seconds.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
You dont have to leave the boss, you can just quit to the menu and enter again. Same timer, but easier.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

It's 5 minutes, starting when you load in. If it looks shorter, it's because the timer rounds down and it's not trivial to get to a boss, kill it, and find it in the handbook in under 60 seconds.

Anyone under AR 59 using the handbook is a weirdo

Use the teapot

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Some nice QoL stuff in the new dev notes. Finally we can refine R1 to R5 on a weapon in one go!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Retrying a domain putting you right next to the key is the best thing 4.3 will bring.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Expeditions being a lot easier to manage is pretty huge. That's something I've been wanting for ages, even before HSR dropped

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Expeditions being a lot easier to manage is pretty huge. That's something I've been wanting for ages, even before HSR dropped

Would be nice if you got 1 expedition per person you owned.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Descar posted:

Would be nice if you got 1 expedition per person you owned.

No that's awful. Expeditions have like, seven total rewards, and once you cap one, it refuses to let you collect that person until you've brought yourself back down below the cap.

You don't really want to add more inventory management, do you? Also the 'destroy stuff' interface is trash. Worse than zoom in/out being reversed.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

It's 3 minutes, fyi.

Smart kids just logged out to the intro screen and came back after 3 minutes..

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Why on earth aren't they porting the star rail energy changes

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Why on earth aren't they porting the star rail energy changes

What are those?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ugh stuck between wanting to go for that last Kuki constellation at 45 or so pity and not wanting to trigger the 5 star spark since already have Ayato and don't really have use for Cyno. Don't really think that ones worth the risk right now and pretty satisfied to get away with just 1 for her and a couple Kirara's. Taking it pretty slow with the game right now, but might dive into the ancient colors Melusine village stuff before the end of the patch. Barely explored there so good chance to farm up now that I'm -12000K Primogems or so after Furina and there seem to be quiet a few possibly cool banners in the coming patches.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What are those?

240 max energy

if you go over the 240 max you also get "reserve energy" at 1/3 the rate, up to another 240

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
is that Star Rail's version of resin or, like, burst energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I just assumed we were talking about Trailblazer Power (~resin) :shrug: