Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
EA games haven't ever really been removed from Game Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Bad Company was.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So have FIFA 15, FIFA 16, FIFA 17, FIFA 18, FIFA 19...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

So have FIFA 15, FIFA 16, FIFA 17, FIFA 18, FIFA 19...

wtf!!!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

That’s because EA shut off servers for all those games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

That’s because EA shut off servers for all those games.

drat, Game Pass cutting everything.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MJBuddy posted:

EA games haven't ever really been removed from Game Pass.

No, because most of them are actually via EA Play or whatever which is currently part of GamePass Ultimate. That agreement could end at any time, like if EA Play does a deal with PS+.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Is there not a right click > repair option? Having to redownload everything definitely sucks.

That also failed a few times :/

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Graveyard of EA games: https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I got Jedi Survivor knowing full well I haven't been able to get it up for a single player game in years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I got Jedi Survivor knowing full well I haven't been able to get it up for a single player game in years.

You should see a doctor about that!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

got'em

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

there isn’t much to gather about gameplay from the GTA VI trailer but i really hope you can rob places by unleashing an alligator inside of them

e: also i grew up in south florida and can attest to the authenticity in the trailer. i am HYPED

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 6, 2023

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I just hope they stick a Disney World parody in there somewhere

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I paid 3,54€ for one month of game pass ultimate then bought Dead Space Remake Deluxe for 8.99€. That's a loving deal right there. I don't think it needs further explanation.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Dec 6, 2023

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

That new Avatar game looks pretty good ngl

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
As the de factor Halo Infinite thread I'd like to echo that the new Firefight update is amazingly good fun with a lot of thoughtful and clever touches.
If you survive a wave with no deaths you get a skull added for the next one, so the difficulty self-regulates.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kri kri posted:

Because games get removed from gamepass.

Also your 5 paragraph diatribe could have been 1 sentence.

Ya usually a game being on gamepass doesn't dissuade from buying the game but from not buying the bad ones. I get to try a bunch of games for any amount of hours with no refund policy like Steam.

Like in the past I would have 100% bought something like Atomic Heart and then regretted later. That game looked gorgeous but imo on release it was a bit too buggy. Honestly it just seems like such a waste to buy games on release in the modern era. Games release half rear end all the time, even Baldur's Gate 3 apparently had issues in the third act. By the time I got it, it was already fixed. Even by waiting a few months you can save $20-30 on brand new games.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Can you do local splitscreen firefight? Up to 4 players? I've been getting my 5 and 7 year old gradually worked up to Halo, but the story stuff and running around levels is challenging still. Firefight would be perfect I think.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Douche4Sale posted:

Can you do local splitscreen firefight? Up to 4 players? I've been getting my 5 and 7 year old gradually worked up to Halo, but the story stuff and running around levels is challenging still. Firefight would be perfect I think.

2 player split screen is available.

Be warned though, the matchmaking difficulty for Firefight is not easy. Investigate doing Custom Games where you can fine tune this a bit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The main difficulty is that the rocket brutes are very good at leading their targets lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1732450391500222469

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The dev is insane. Blessing us with all this new stuff for pennies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

That new Avatar game looks pretty good ngl

From reviews it looks to be a pretty mid game https://www.metacritic.com/game/avatar-frontiers-of-pandora/ going to just sub to UBISoft+ though, one month should be enough time to finish the game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looks like the usual Ubisoft slop

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Looks like the usual Ubisoft slop

that is disappointing, was really hoping this would actually be a good game. The movies are pretty bad, but they felt like a video game, so the setting seemed perfect.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's made by Massive actually and it looks fairly hype.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

cool

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

That new Vampire Survivors dlc with Among Us is insane, I love it.

Here's the video trailer + game footage they posted. I don't know why I keep learning about new VS stuff on TikTok lol

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/????8????5?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Are Tiktok embeds working on the site normally or is it one of my adblockers that is putting some placeholder in there?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

priznat posted:

Are Tiktok embeds working on the site normally or is it one of my adblockers that is putting some placeholder in there?

I see it too

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Same.

Where are my videos of kids flossing or whatever’s on that site these days

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I wish the forums would blacklist Twitter and tik toks

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I said come in! posted:

From reviews it looks to be a pretty mid game https://www.metacritic.com/game/avatar-frontiers-of-pandora/ going to just sub to UBISoft+ though, one month should be enough time to finish the game.

I never really look at reviews. When you look at the spread for this one, the scores go from 9/10 to 5/10. It's just some person's opinion in the end.

But subbing to Ubi+ for a month seems like a good plan to try this one out. There's a 30-minute gameplay video online and I think it looks like fun.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The one review I watched described it as a "even balance of combat, exploration, and hunter/gather" which sounds like a pretty good recipe for an open world game for me. Also apparently it's really true to the source material if you're a huge Avatarhead, which I am not.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm watching Castle Super Beast and the situation at Bungie is a disaster. So, they have to maintain a certain level of profitability or Sony assumes complete control and the board loses their jobs. They are making massive cuts everywhere except executive salaries. Slow death by a thousand cuts.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
what was the point of sony buying bungie again. Something about them having GAAS experience or something

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seltzer posted:

what was the point of sony buying bungie again. Something about them having GAAS experience or something

Yeah, Sony is wanting to go all in on GAAS.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

It came out during the FTC stuff that Phil had contemplated buying Bungie but passed because they're not sustainable and burn too much money iirc. I think he considered them to be overvalued as well? I imagine that when Sony had a look they probably came to the same conclusion which is why there's a takeover clause if they're no longer profitable. They likely bought them knowing that a takeover would be inevitable, they probably didn't expect them to damage other studios as well though. Feel sorry for the devs, Destiny has been a complete shitshow from the start and it's all down to leadership repeatedly loving up.

I'm guessing Bungie will eventually join the Sony graveyard or be an entirely different studio that just keeps the name for branding like Naughty Dog.

American McGay posted:

The one review I watched described it as a "even balance of combat, exploration, and hunter/gather" which sounds like a pretty good recipe for an open world game for me. Also apparently it's really true to the source material if you're a huge Avatarhead, which I am not.

Has the game been massively downgraded like other Ubisoft titles or does it actually look like the initial gameplay reveal? I'm not a huge Avatar fan but the reveal appealed to me because the world looks so nice and ideal as a chill exploration game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

Seltzer posted:

Assistance making the 10 live service games they want to have out within 3 years, and hope that Destiny 2 will pick back up at some point and Marathon will be a success in 2025 I guess.