Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Set your stopwatch, let's see how long until the shield is vaulted. I think it can work, but it's op as gosh darn heck right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
plus 'everyone-using-a-shield' battles are BOOOOOOOOOOORING.
knock back easier, or stay knocked back longer.
Fully sick reload animation though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Riot shield needs a healthbar

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I dunno I haven't had an issue taking out shield guys. Movements so fast on here I think the shields are kind of a detriment.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they're putting so much effort into the lego stuff, they must expect it to have some serious legs

https://twitter.com/FinnTheCoookie/status/1731343774079463654

however

https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1731313650709733691

:smith:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm definitely planning on trying it. Not to interested to guitar hero mode since it's on you're controller which doesn't seem fun. Racing im tentively interested.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will say I am very curious what “survival crafting” is with the Fartnite Lego stuff

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I liked when they used to do this stuff back in the day. Hope they continue. It used to be a little arg-like.

A good banner.

The troll berries have had their zero effect increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. No more dying by jumping.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
They really gotta fix what they did to lockers/presets.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1731856848658039169?t=OIeI4KtpRzG77oXcMtMEBA&s=19

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Not a fan of the daily mission change, can't build that stuff over two games now, and it sucks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My biggest frustration with this season so far is the inability to sight read weapons. Two seasons ago, the color would tell you most everything you needed to know about a weapon. Last season it was the color and/or the model

This season I find myself having to walk up to a weapon and read its name in order to make a call on whether or not I want it.

Is there a way to sight read them at a glance from a distance that I’m missing?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

My biggest frustration with this season so far is the inability to sight read weapons. Two seasons ago, the color would tell you most everything you needed to know about a weapon. Last season it was the color and/or the model

This season I find myself having to walk up to a weapon and read its name in order to make a call on whether or not I want it.

Is there a way to sight read them at a glance from a distance that I’m missing?

Marking them should give you a picture of what it is. You just have to learn what the different attachments look like.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
it's like your hips and feet have weight but your legs are rubber so i can turn and corner faster but there's an "ice" like effect on movement so course correction is sluggish. i'm able to scramble away a lot better so retreating is a valid strat now.

i've won mostly because A: everyone's plan seems to be just to rush and B: no one ever looks up until you've fired the first shot and C: no one expects you to turn around and they will rush animation, by the time they get their gun out they're already half dead
seriously, last night i won two fights right on top of each other by turning a corner and jumping up to the roof then just jumping down behind people, or running around a corner and then turning to face them as they rush to chase me

as for the weapons i find myself taking a lot of practice shots to see what the gun is. more than once i've had someone try to snipe me with a shotgun and i so far have been able to not do that at least. i've been dividing guns into "lots of bullets" and "one shot" instead of what gun it is and i try to have a mix. i'm carrying multiple medium rifles more often

i don't like that the storm is so aggressive though, and the cars seem sluggish at best. the game seems optimized for slower gunfights but also rush rush rush to get out of the storm

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they just nerfed the storm. i do think storm fleeing is fun but there wasnt really enough time for some of the npcs

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

movement feels a lot better now than it did in the past. Like there's more intentionality to the feedback im getting with the character now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Some Lego stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wS4HnfFVZQ

As long as the Lego game is fun to play, I think it is going to be a huge hit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Got my first win today--had no medallions at first, saw about 5 orange circles closing in on me, so I hid in a shack by a pond while I waited for the storm to adjust. Thankfully I snagged a forecast earlier, so I knew where I needed to go at all times. When I finally made a break for it, a medallion holder had gotten sniped, so I hopped in a car, got the medallion and just kept on driving ahead while everyone shot at me. Tiny circle was on a railroad bridge over the water, so I parked perpendicular on it, used it for cover and waited for people to come to me. No one thought to blow up my already shot up car, which was weird, but whatever! Came down to three, riot shield guy took out one and then I killed riot shield from behind for the win.

Extremely stressful. Tweaks here and there and I think this chapter is gonna be a blast.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
There are definitely bots in ranked matches. I just got a victory royale with 12 kills... and I am not good at all.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Hey is it still possible to have the game pick a random character preset from the ones I made? The UI changed and I can't figure it out now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Overbite posted:

Hey is it still possible to have the game pick a random character preset from the ones I made? The UI changed and I can't figure it out now.

Nope. They removed shuffle and claim it is currently bugged.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Has there been any word on video issues with the new patch? I got a new video card during chapter four and it's run like a dream since, but now I'll just get two minutes into a match and either have my framerate drop to unplayability or just straight up crash.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
If you need some setting recommendations, ItsJerian puts out a video every season. I play on performance mode exclusively.

https://youtu.be/V7zSzLhdOik?si=ch5ZH5tQKlZ2fT4g

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mine has definitely had some shader compilation hiccups but that’s getting better as I play.

Start by posting your specs

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Some of the settings stuff in that video seemed to help with general performance but it's not like, a general performance problem, more like "It runs fine until something triggers it to go crazy". Slurp barrels seem to be a guarantee but they're not the only thing doing it. I'm running an RX6650 XT and an i5-12400F with 16 GB ram.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
When the honeymoon period is over and I finally stop gawking at how gorgeous this map is, I'll finally bump the settings down from max so I can actually enjoy 60fps gameplay. Kind of just love the island right now, it's doing everything it can to justify their investment into lumen technology. This thread does a good job at exploring the minutia of the map and showcasing its detailing.

https://twitter.com/Guille_GAG/status/1731448248693350409

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i knew the map was cash money when i was scoped down looking for enemies near my position, thought i saw something, and it was just some birds moving around in their habitat.

the italian theme kicks rear end

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FauxLeather posted:

When the honeymoon period is over and I finally stop gawking at how gorgeous this map is, I'll finally bump the settings down from max so I can actually enjoy 60fps gameplay. Kind of just love the island right now, it's doing everything it can to justify their investment into lumen technology. This thread does a good job at exploring the minutia of the map and showcasing its detailing.

https://twitter.com/Guille_GAG/status/1731448248693350409

god drat that looks amazing

maybe I'll try playing on PC instead of Switch sometime

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

shame on an IGA posted:

god drat that looks amazing

maybe I'll try playing on PC instead of Switch sometime

Do it once or twice to enjoy the graphics, then go back to the much more favorable match making on switch. I get clowned on when I play PC, versus a respectable 10% win rate on switch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Does switch get its own matchmaking pool? I thought they were all mixed together these days

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Does switch get its own matchmaking pool? I thought they were all mixed together these days

Hm. It used to be that you could preferably match within platform, unless you were running a party of mixed systems. I guess I don’t know if that’s been removed in the last two seasons

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
The matchmaking has some quirks that I'm not sure anyone has all the details on. I often play in a trio of mixed inputs (one Xbox, one PC, one who goes back and forth between a console and PC). And the games are noticeably harder when we have two PC players. Same players, same stats, strange stuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Lego cinematic trailer.
https://twitter.com/LEGOFortnite/status/1732415651191611539?t=WzcasDiBZ9ddQm9z8gg_Mw&s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeKTrjGdJ2E

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 6, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I can't stand to play on the switch but games are definitely easier there. although I think there might also be some element of your mmr being recalculated on each new platform you play on per season? like games get harder the more i play in a season but if i switch from pc to ps5 then theyll get easier again for a bit

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I think it also calculates group MMR based on who you're squadded up with. When I play with my kids I get into significantly easier lobbies than when I play with my Real Gamer (TM) friends.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Starting playlist for rock band fortnite

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
At the current rate I dont think I'm going to capture the train within the next week or two.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how do you capture the train even, ive landed on it from the bus before and its always empty

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

there's a box near the front to interact with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Train is easy, but the loot is meh so people don't do it very often.

People do the Medallions.