Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Seems like a former MP for the Danish People's Party got caught up in the whole nazi online bookstore leak. :)

https://redox-dk.translate.goog/nyh...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Leandros posted:

The Dutch like their fascism subtle and to inch the Overton window to the right. Baudet is this weird combination of elitist and very obviously Nazi that makes most people uncomfortable. His fixed base consists of I would say people who view PVV/Geert Wilders as the working man's populist, rambling uninformed nonsense and lowbrow one-liners, preferring the educated incel with the big words vibe of FvD

Yet I worry more about Baudet and Forum because Wilder's party well, isn't a party. Wilders is officially the party's only member. There's literally no other members. No internal party democracy, a dearth of structures. Everyone in his parliamentary fraction refers, and must refer, to Wilders for all important decisions. They often have to read or hear in the media what the latest party line is. His party has accurately been described imo as a tall tree with no roots. If Wilders were to drop dead today, little would remain of the PVV tomorrow.

Forum, on the other hand, is deliberately constructing a parallel society. They have their own media, organize lots of physical get-togethers, started their own schools, have their own dating app, plus an app to do all sorts of business with other Forum members, and I'm sure the list goes on with poo poo I'm not aware of. Their tree might not be so big right now, but their focus is on burrowing their roots in deep and wide.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Orange Devil posted:

Forum, on the other hand, is deliberately constructing a parallel society. They have their own media, organize lots of physical get-togethers, started their own schools, have their own dating app, plus an app to do all sorts of business with other Forum members, and I'm sure the list goes on with poo poo I'm not aware of. Their tree might not be so big right now, but their focus is on burrowing their roots in deep and wide.
goons/sa mart/awful app ftw

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

SplitSoul posted:

Seems like a former MP for the Danish People's Party got caught up in the whole nazi online bookstore leak. :)

https://redox-dk.translate.goog/nyh...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Surprised it took this long, the leak was published months ago.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark cut primary and lower secondary education by 22.2% from 2014-19, now the children can't read or do math good???

Also asking members of parliament to come in to vote with active COVID. :rubby:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the bavarian president seems like a cool guy

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

mawarannahr posted:

some relevant recent studies and articles
https://fra.europa.eu/en/publication/2023/being-black-eu

https://www.dw.com/en/racism-in-germany-is-part-of-everyday-life/a-61700339

quote:

Almost half of the respondents said they believed that human "races" exist, despite this having long been debunked by science.

Well this comes as some surprise but I am glad to learn that the Dutch aren't real.

heard u like girls posted:

goddammit this loving sucks, why did we elect dutch hitler jfc what is wrong with people

because it was a dutch election?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark has banned the public destruction or desecration of religious scripture. It applies to the scripture of all legally established religious communities, but it came about because some nazi shitheads couldn't stop themselves burning Qur'ans in front of embassies.

Sharia!!!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1732900468924494119

lmao GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
we need a fizzy for the europe thread

loving social democrats, loving greens, europe really is just hopeless

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
europe is fail

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the bavarian president seems like a cool guy

the best thing you can say about Söder is that he's not Merz. He's still in the CSU + he's still a loving Bavarian

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what's this about lol
https://twitter.com/vonderleyen/status/1734598749454823930?s=20

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

concentration camps and gladio 2

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

quote:

In particular, the demand for civil society organisations to disclose foreign funding risks designating them as foreign agents, which could expose civil society to unwarranted and perilous stigmatisation.
lmao, the hypocrisy never ends

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

quote:

Freedomhouse.org

Factsheet
Russia's NGO Laws

(...)

The central, controversial aspect of the amendments was a requirement that organizations engaging in political activity and receiving foreign funding must register as foreign agents, even if the foreign funding they receive does not actually pay for political activities. The state determines whether an organization is engaging in political activity based not on the goals defined in its charter, but rather on its involvement in the logistical or financial organization of, or participation in, "political acts" aimed at influencing the decision making of public authorities, changing public policy, or influencing public opinion with respect to government policy.

Designated foreign agents are then obliged to adhere to a number of other rules, such as the following:

• Foreign agents must produce financial reports about their political activities on a quarterly basis, file documents describing the composition of their management bodies and activities semiannually, and submit to a state audit annually.
  • While planned audits may only occur once a year, foreign agents are subject to an unlimited number of unscheduled audits.
  • Political activities must be registered with authorities before the organization is permitted to participate in them.

(...)

In Russian, "foreign agent" evokes the Soviet-era term for spies and plays into the regime’s longstanding narrative that foreign interests are bent on interfering with Russia’s sovereignty and destabilizing the country. The law's language stresses the danger of these NGOs, requiring them to "warn" the public by labeling all of their materials, even their websites, as the propaganda of a foreign agent.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
the values we stand for are hypocritical only because of gas station gdp jokes

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SplitSoul posted:

Also asking members of parliament to come in to vote with active COVID. :rubby:

Reaping: Bunch of people got sick from it :lmao:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

EU accession talks for Ukraine are now OPEN

lol that they let this happen since it's the most obvious pandering imaginable. can't wait for the thinkpieces in two years asking why talks haven't made any progress

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

i say swears online posted:

lol that they let this happen since it's the most obvious pandering imaginable. can't wait for the thinkpieces in two years asking why talks haven't made any progress

libs: if the ukrainians win its only because of us, if the they lose its because they backstabbed us

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

question: is it reasonable to be anxious about the prospect of living in Germany under a CDU/AfD government

given all the fashy poo poo everyone's talking about itt, I don't think it's unreasonable

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

depends if you're white, how good your german is, and if you are cis-hetero passing

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
it is reasonable to worry about living in germany under any government

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

depends if you're white, how good your german is, and if you are cis-hetero passing

well, I'm white, but my German sucks, I'm quite obviously trans, and on top of that I'm an ausländer and I am not afraid to say that I don't like the Palestinian genocide

so I guess the answer is yes

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it is reasonable to worry about living in germany under any government

true, but I lasted for two years under Merkel :v:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I'm white, my German is B1/2 (okay, but obviously not fluent or native sounding), and I'm cis-hetero passing, and I feel like if I were to live in Germany I'd be very worried about declining material conditions but perhaps less existentially worried than if I were living in the US.

in Switzerland the "Far Right" party (Schweizerische Volkspartei) has held the plurality of votes for a couple decades. the quality of life for anyone able to migrate here legally is quite high, but it's extremely difficult to migrate here legally. there's a ton of racism, both verbal abuse and systemic, but if your paperwork is in order the minimum threshold of material conditions is so much higher than anywhere other than like the good nordic countries imo. but of course this all depends on a gruesome regime of capitalism, neocolonialism, and exploitation of periphery labor

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Venomous posted:

I am not afraid to say that I don't like the Palestinian genocide
A German would obviously understand this to mean "the genocide Palestinians are trying to carry out against Israel".

I'm white, my German is B1/2 (okay, but obviously not fluent or native sounding), and I'm cis-hetero passing, and I feel like if I were to live in Germany I'd be very worried about declining material conditions but perhaps less existentially worried than if I were living in the US.

in Switzerland the "Far Right" party (Schweizerische Volkspartei) has held the plurality of votes for a couple decades. the quality of life for anyone able to migrate here legally is quite high, but it's extremely difficult to migrate here legally. there's a ton of racism, both verbal abuse and systemic, but if your paperwork is in order the minimum threshold of material conditions is so much higher than anywhere other than like the good nordic countries imo. but of course this all depends on a gruesome regime of capitalism, neocolonialism, and exploitation of periphery labor
What are the "good nordic countries"?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What are the "good nordic countries"?

nordics with (seemingly) better functioning welfare states: Norway and Finland. they're all racist as gently caress and trending in a bad direction, worse every year, but like homelessness, food insecurity, infant mortality, etc are not yet on the rise. I think?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

nordics with (seemingly) better functioning welfare states: Norway and Finland. they're all racist as gently caress and trending in a bad direction, worse every year, but like homelessness, food insecurity, infant mortality, etc are not yet on the rise. I think?

sure but who do you think is more likely to be say food insecure or homeless, etc, in the nordic countries, someone with 10 generations, or someone whose parents moved there

its usually only good if youre in the club

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

you didn't say sweden, so you're off the hook

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

nah the norwegian welfare state is still hanging in there for the most part

there was an interesting anthology on the state of racism research in norway published last year, its main finding was that the welfare state was the most effective anti-racist and integrationist programme yet seen

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Venomous posted:

question: is it reasonable to be anxious about the prospect of living in Germany under a CDU/AfD government

given all the fashy poo poo everyone's talking about itt, I don't think it's unreasonable

:shrug: expect Schikanen, but not really anything exceptional. Austria had the far right in government quite a few times and the difference was degree, not kind. Expect a general downwards trend but it's not going to be one election that does it

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

i say swears online posted:

It's not like it means anything at all. Turkey has been an officla accession candidate since 1999. They have been "in negotiation" for 24 years and counting.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

genericnick posted:

:shrug: expect Schikanen, but not really anything exceptional. Austria had the far right in government quite a few times and the difference was degree, not kind. Expect a general downwards trend but it's not going to be one election that does it
historically, germany getting a far right government after austria is bad news

Peggotty posted:

It's not like it means anything at all. Turkey has been an officla accession candidate since 1999. They have been "in negotiation" for 24 years and counting.
hey, they helped us getting rid of england

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

sure but who do you think is more likely to be say food insecure or homeless, etc, in the nordic countries, someone with 10 generations, or someone whose parents moved there

its usually only good if youre in the club

yeah but this is true of any capitalist country. at least a semi-functional welfare state reduces the likelihood of things being especially lovely for migrants vs states with fully neoliberalized social programs?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

there was an interesting anthology on the state of racism research in norway published last year, its main finding was that the welfare state was the most effective anti-racist and integrationist programme yet seen

nice

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh given that I'm in Scotland rn my material conditions are almost certainly going to decline no matter what I do

I've got time

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah but this is true of any capitalist country. at least a semi-functional welfare state reduces the likelihood of things being especially lovely for migrants vs states with fully neoliberalized social programs?

i mean im danish so im kinda biased by experience but if norway really is somehow still managing to not be actively belligerent against immigrants & descendants, thats good

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Carthag Tuek posted:

i mean im danish so im kinda biased by experience but if norway really is somehow still managing to not be actively belligerent against immigrants & descendants, thats good

it's gotten very close but norwegian insistence on public piety is really doing a lot of work for us wrt this stuff. a lot of the substantial policy is rather similar but we've dodged a fair amount of the most demonstratively racist stuff like ghettolovene or outright robbing refugees or sending them to rwanda etc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

V. Illych L. posted:

it's gotten very close but norwegian insistence on public piety is really doing a lot of work for us wrt this stuff. a lot of the substantial policy is rather similar but we've dodged a fair amount of the most demonstratively racist stuff like ghettolovene or outright robbing refugees or sending them to rwanda etc

at least the idiotic rwanda plan keeps falling apart

but dont worry, that doesnt stop us from sending people to a some weird black site prison in kosovo

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Denmark has a Rwanda scheme too? lmaoooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Venomous posted:

Denmark has a Rwanda scheme too? lmaoooooo
We beat you to the idea by a year, which is just further proof of how much the UK has fallen behind. It can't even come up with its own racist schemes anymore, it has to import them.