Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Did they fix Exhilarating Takedown?

since the previous patch before this, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

since the previous patch before this, yes

But not in any of the patch notes?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

It was a hotfix and there were notes.

For chainaxes I think I prefer the original, not only does it sound better on every attack but the new ones light attacks come out too slow and wimpy for horde clearing, rather use the olds heavy horde clears and the olds fast lights for elite takedown.
Plus I hate most new weapon shove attacks that are a single target stab.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
New assault chainsword is pretty good if you're spamming light attacks and block pushing people but it doesn't do anything really amazing.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Arc Hammer posted:

New assault chainsword is pretty good if you're spamming light attacks and block pushing people but it doesn't do anything really amazing.

It sounds great for smoothbrains like me who don't want to learn complicated chains!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Did they fix Exhilarating Takedown?

Since hotfix 1.2.12.

Kibayasu posted:

https://www.playdarktide.com/news/hotfix

"Fixed an issue where the Veteran “Exhilarating Takedown” talent was increasing the toughness damage taken instead of decreasing it."

Your google-Fu sucks as much as pubbies playing this game. :v:

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 6, 2023

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
ngl spamming held left clicks does hurt my hand eventually so it's a decent alternative

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For chainaxes I think I prefer the original, not only does it sound better on every attack but the new ones light attacks come out too slow and wimpy for horde clearing, rather use the olds heavy horde clears and the olds fast lights for elite takedown.
Plus I hate most new weapon shove attacks that are a single target stab.

dammit i was hoping the new axe with the simpler moveset would be deec

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thank god they took out the delay during the post match screen. It didn't mean much, but it sure was annoying.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 6, 2023

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

So wait, which one is the dumbed down chainsword?
All these mark/variant names suck and confuse me

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
OK Plasma Gun is a little flakey, you don't always get the audio/animation when shooting

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

New map is really cool but I definitely appreciated being bubble psyker as some of the rooms seem like they'd be brutal without one, although the bubble is so good that I increasingly feel like this about a lot of situations

The stim with a grimoire icon on it restores some health including if it's purple, so it can remove a wound. it's very nice.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How are the new veteran shovels? the ogyn ones are thunderhammers.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Legit Businessman posted:

Since hotfix 1.2.12.

https://www.playdarktide.com/news/hotfix

"Fixed an issue where the Veteran “Exhilarating Takedown” talent was increasing the toughness damage taken instead of decreasing it."

Your google-Fu sucks as much as pubbies playing this game. :v:

To be fair, just because it's in the notes doesn't mean it actually got fixed. This is still Fatshark, so its still a valid question

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
dead game

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

There are a lot of dead in the game. Although I'm not sure if the lore counts the nurgle infected as undead or not. They certainly look like zombies.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Mega Comrade posted:

There are a lot of dead in the game. Although I'm not sure if the lore counts the nurgle infected as undead or not. They certainly look like zombies.

Eh, they're called plague zombies for a reason.

isndl
May 2, 2012
As I recall, poxwalkers are alive but their bodies are controlled by the worms. They're also fully aware of being parasitized and can't do anything but watch as their body deteriorates.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Thats pretty grim. And dark

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

isndl posted:

As I recall, poxwalkers are alive but their bodies are controlled by the worms. They're also fully aware of being parasitized and can't do anything but watch as their body deteriorates.

They have audio cues yelling "Help me" when you're far enough away that they haven't noticed you yet

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fishstick posted:

Thats pretty grim. And dark

Yeah despite the memetic understanding of happy papa nurgle he's really more a spreader of misery than joy. His most gifted might have the sentience to enjoy the writhing teeming bulk of their grotesquery but he's just as happy inflicting horrifying pain and torment on everybody else.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 6, 2023

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Oh I see the Evis mkII combo game now. Gee whiz, that is a bit bigger than I thought.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Apparently the overpowered bomber fire was unintentional and will be hotfixed soon:
https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/the-traitor-curse-part-2-anniversary-update-out-now/88606/254

celewign posted:

New evis kinda sucks though. It doesn't chop people straight in half like the Tigris.
I mean with how easy it is to hit nothing but heads with that thing this is barely noticeable :v:

But yeah that and the new chainaxe feeling like the original beta chainsword makes me think these weapons were in the works for a long while and didn't get any of the other's updated gfx/sfx.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

New Ogryn shovel is loving great.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So is there an indicator of which stims do what?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

New heavy las pistol is really satisfying to shoot. I guess its value over a Mk IV lasgun is its tighter reticule on the hip fire?

isndl posted:

Groaners are still alive, but the later stage poxwalkers are animated corpses. The person's soul is still trapped inside the poxwalker but they have lost all control by that point so they're the quieter of the two (groaners say "save me" and such).

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Red stimm is damage, blue attacks faster. Red stimm bolter kills a crusher in four shots, that's 3¾ dead crushers per magazine. Hot dog!

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
I'm thinking the new Catachan combat blade might be good with the Haymaker blessing? Since it has cleaving heavies it'll be really quick and easy to get the instakill chance up to 20% and having a 20% chance to instakill Ragers, Maulers or even Crushers sounds good on paper at least.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Arc Hammer posted:

So is there an indicator of which stims do what?

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/the-traitor-curse-part-2-anniversary-update-out-now/88606

quote:

Stimm Types:

Med Stimm
Restores one health segment, or 25% of max health, whichever one is larger, of health and corruption damage.
Med stimms can’t be used on a target, on one self or other players, if the target has no health or corruption damage to restore.

Combat Stimm
Lasts 15 seconds.
Increase in Power 25% (Damage + Stagger Strength).
Rending 25% (Armour Penetration).
Reduction of Peril Generation -33% (Generate less Peril when using Psyker’s Warp Abilities).

Celerity Stimm
Lasts 15 seconds.
Increase in Reload Speed 15%.
Reduction in Stamina Costs -25% for Pushing, Blocking, -50% for sprinting.
Increases Attack Speed by 20%.
Increase the following by 25%:
Charge up time of Plasma guns, Psyker’s Brain Burst and Psyker Staves.
The speed of which the Psyker’s Smite propagates between enemies.
Speed of which the Psyker can throw Shards using Assail.
Speed of which the Psyker Quells their Peril.

Concentration Stimm
Lasts 15 seconds.
Increases your Combat Ability Cooldown Regeneration speed by +300% (Four times as fast as usual).

None of this is in game, of course. Or maybe I missed it?

Exodee posted:

I'm thinking the new Catachan combat blade might be good with the Haymaker blessing? Since it has cleaving heavies it'll be really quick and easy to get the instakill chance up to 20% and having a 20% chance to instakill Ragers, Maulers or even Crushers sounds good on paper at least.

I've only tried it in one mission with my crit cooldown reduction zealot and it felt kinda weird but I still did my job of spamming Chorus. Didn't notice the haymaker procs but I also didn't get a wall of ragers or maulers to really try it on. Will have to give it more playtime to see how it feels. My Haymaker is also only rank 3 so I need a better knife before I can make my final judgment.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 6, 2023

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The stimms just have a color and an icon, kind of wish they had like a 3 letter abbreviation or said what they did when you have them out. I had no idea what I was picking up last night when I was playing. I did guess correctly on the health one and administered it to a lil un when I was playing Ogryn and we were the only two left standing. It was a pretty funny visual.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Concentration Stimm
Lasts 15 seconds.
Increases your Combat Ability Cooldown Regeneration speed by +300% (Four times as fast as usual).

15 seconds of uninterrupted charging you say

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It would be nice if the examine key would just spell it out for you.

I think it goes like:

Green is health
Blue is speed
Red is damage
Yellow is ability CD (why not purple again?)

Green is the most valuable, followed by yellow depending on class, blue and red just pop whenever things look dicey.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Reiley posted:

Red stimm is damage, blue attacks faster. Red stimm bolter kills a crusher in four shots, that's 3¾ dead crushers per magazine. Hot dog!

Oh boy, I bet I can bring the number of rounds it takes to kill a crusher from 3 to 2 with my bolter build using a combat stim. :clint:

E: yep, kill ‘em with two, good to know for the future when I run into a crusher wave.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 6, 2023

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Thought about playing with a different gun on my vet then the game reminded me why I always bring plasma

https://i.imgur.com/WTnyVVL.mp4

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Back Hack posted:

Oh boy, I bet I can bring the number of rounds it takes to kill a crusher from 3 to 2 with my bolter build using a combat stim. :clint:

E: yep, kill ‘em with two, good to know for the future when I run into a crusher wave.

What's your build like that kills them in three pre-stimm? My bolter is pinning/shattering.

Tildryn
Mar 18, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The biggest tell my group is going to wipe is when they don't open any of the boxes, and walk past med stations (duh gently caress?). I'll even ping ammo or grenades when i know they're out, and they don't go for them. whhhhhyyyyy

god forbid they get a hold of a med pack. You won't see it again until you pluck in off their corpse

The hardest part of the game is getting pubbies to TAKE THEIR loving MEDICINE.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Diephoon posted:

Thought about playing with a different gun on my vet then the game reminded me why I always bring plasma

:drat:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Reiley posted:

What's your build like that kills them in three pre-stimm? My bolter is pinning/shattering.

Bet you anything the build is "doesn't play Damnation."

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Diephoon posted:

Yeah, every so often I get tempted by the recon lasgun or a shotgun, but it always comes back to this.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Reiley posted:

I put together a stupid vet build for playing with pubbies because I got tied of experiencing team wipes because pubbies don't know how to kill anything other than hordes. So I decided I'm just going to delete everything not a zombie from the game with the confetti gun.

Here is the Bolter:

Here is the build:

So more or less, every shot I do is a crit shot. I went with Marksmen over Focus because Markmen is basically always up, it gets a reload bonus, and getting headshots with the Bolter isn't really hard for me. Most elites pop in one shot, with the only exception being Crushers which take 3.

This is also without the use of executioner stance mind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012

Back Hack posted:

because I got tied of experiencing team wipes because pubbies don't know how to kill anything other than hordes.

I feel like it's the opposite in my experience, groups tend to be very good at efficiently cleaning up specials and then crack under pressure as the next pack of specials show up while they're bogged down by a horde. Maybe it's a regional thing?