Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
like when you really think about it. it doesn't count for as much coming from a cowboys fan because TO sniffle that's my quarterback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The worst Dak has looked on his own was in a lost effort against the 49ers where he was clearly forcing throws to try and get anything started.

The bigger issue consistently on offense has been Fat Mike and their run game.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

I'm just gonna say it, I believed in and hyped up Dak more than blarzgh ever could

stolen valor

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CowboysStats/status/1731776406571348112?t=8aVBPNe-MG7Y5ynTVO_lxg&s=19

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Doltos posted:

The niners game combined with hbomberguy's 4 hour plagiarism video targeting two youtubers I dislike immensely has made this the greatest hater evening since the super bowl

drat, it's a mega cross-over event featuring hbomb legaleagle swoop and more.

Weird as hell I didn't see the upload in my subs, fuckin youtube

Edit: oh goddamnit, i liked internet historian's stuff, sigh

kalensc fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 5, 2023

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It was a fun season. Interested to see what the eagles do in the off-season

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

re: hbomberguy video

I haven't followed Cinemassacre/AVGN in years, but I wasn't all that surprised about what happened there. Before COVID and fatherhood I was fairly involved in the local retro gaming scene with some friends and had been in mutual company with a lot of the Screenwave people, and they were all kinda skeevy. James Rolfe got surrounded by, or chose to surround himself, with just the wrong people.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 5, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shyduck posted:

re: hbomberguy video

I haven't followed Cinemassacre/AVGN in years, but I wasn't all that surprised about what happened there. Before COVID and fatherhood I was fairly involved in the local retro gaming scene with some friends and had been in mutual company with a lot of the Screenwave people, and they were all kinda skeevy. James Rolfe got surrounded by, or chose to surround himself, with just the wrong people.

But what's he like in a 4-3 scheme?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

he's a ballhawk in coverage

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants waived Barkley.

The QB.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Giants waived Barkley.

The QB.

u got me, I admit it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can’t believe he’s not playing anymore.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eagles probably signing Suh again too? The last year mid-season replacements are almost back

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
James Rolfe is from Philly

Anyways I'm in agreeance with euphronius, that loss was so loving soul crushing this season is loving over. You can't come back from that kind of not showing up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyways I'm in agreeance with euphronius, that loss was so loving soul crushing this season is loving over. You can't come back from that kind of not showing up.

i hope so

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Asproigerosis posted:

Thank you, Philly Kawalimus.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Asproigerosis posted:

You can't come back from that kind of not showing up.

Like when the 49ers beat the Cowboys 42-10 and ended their season?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

that loss was so loving soul crushing this season is loving over. You can't come back from that kind of not showing up.

Me when the 49ers took us behind the woodshed early in the season

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cheetah/status/1731713080021635120?t=FD72HYV3sFHBP1gNkmhUMw&s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tua is the best in the weld

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Asproigerosis posted:

Bullshit. Of course you can. Off the top of my head, and I know I'm old, but the 86 Bears got wrecked by the Miami Dolphins on MNF and the league was fixated on how the 46 defense was finally figured out. You can go on from there and find an embarrassing loss for every Super Bowl team since then with the obvious exception of the NE 16-0 season where they saved their turd of a game til the end.

Last year, the SB champion Chiefs lost to the 4-12 Colts

The year before that, the Champion LA Rams lost to SF twice, once by 31-10

The TB Bucs before that lost to NO 38-3.

poo poo happens and nothing is over yet simply because we got our asses kicked by a very good football team.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Genuine take: if you can’t get the #1 seed, I genuinely think it’s not worth winning the NFCE but rather taking the (presumed) #5. Because who would you rather play round 1, an actually good team or whatever the NFCS shits out?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Genuine take: gently caress the Cowboys

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cartoon Man posted:

Genuine take: gently caress the Cowboys

An important and timely message

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
whoa whoa whoa, we saying gently caress the cowboys in here?

because gently caress the cowboys

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Genuine take: if you can’t get the #1 seed, I genuinely think it’s not worth winning the NFCE but rather taking the (presumed) #5. Because who would you rather play round 1, an actually good team or whatever the NFCS shits out?

I think the only thing you can say for sure is that a first round by is always better than the alternative, and that the vagaries of seeding are too hard to predict in any actionable way so you're always just better off trying to win every game

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

CapnAndy posted:

If you don't get the #1 seed and it goes to the 49ers, you want to be the #2 or #3 seed, not #5.

In a scenario where #1, #2, #3, and #5 win, the matchups would be 49ers vs Cowboys/Eagles and Lions vs Cowboys/Eagles. If you're an Eagles fan would you rather play the Lions or 49ers?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles probably need to be on the road. The fans are going to turn on them soon

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

whoa whoa whoa, we saying gently caress the cowboys in here?

because gently caress the cowboys

Yep, checks out.

gently caress the Cowboys.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

BiggerBoat posted:

Bullshit. Of course you can. Off the top of my head, and I know I'm old, but the 86 Bears got wrecked by the Miami Dolphins on MNF and the league was fixated on how the 46 defense was finally figured out. You can go on from there and find an embarrassing loss for every Super Bowl team since then with the obvious exception of the NE 16-0 season where they saved their turd of a game til the end.

Last year, the SB champion Chiefs lost to the 4-12 Colts

The year before that, the Champion LA Rams lost to SF twice, once by 31-10

The TB Bucs before that lost to NO 38-3.

poo poo happens and nothing is over yet simply because we got our asses kicked by a very good football team.

Rich Kotite's greatest hour was a 40-8 beat down of the 49ers in 1994.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Also gently caress the Cowboys, but also fast recovery for Mike McCarthy.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1732446925478105585

MD2020 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 7, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

:lmao:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

MD2020 posted:

Also gently caress the Cowboys, but also hast recovery for Mike McCarthy.

god drat. hope he recovers fully and becomes healthy again quickly so that i can return to hating on his coaching without feeling bad about it also for his own sake, im not just a football hating goblin

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

im ready to see the thumbhead philly fans start booing jalen in slow-mo after he trips out of pocket again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hell yeah. Mike going to extreme lengths to rally the troops for a probable division-deciding game. you can't teach appendicitis, you either have it or you don't. that's my coach.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Harlock posted:

If you don't get the #1 seed and it goes to the 49ers, you want to be the #2 or #3 seed, not #5.

In a scenario where #1, #2, #3, and #5 win, the matchups would be 49ers vs Cowboys/Eagles and Lions vs Cowboys/Eagles. If you're an Eagles fan would you rather play the Lions or 49ers?
Yeah, okay, and I suppose the Vikings/Rams/Packers/maybe Bucs aren't exactly a terrifying round 1 opponent either. Fair point.

MD2020 posted:

Also gently caress the Cowboys, but also hast recovery for Mike McCarthy.

Will they let him coach sitting down?

Because I had appendicitis and lol at the thought of standing up for three hours straight two days after you get released from the hospital. Very small holes cut into your stomach are still holes cut into your stomach.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 6, 2023

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, okay, and I suppose the Vikings/Rams/Packers/maybe Bucs aren't exactly a terrifying round 1 opponent either. Fair point.

Will they let him coach sitting down?

Because I had appendicitis and lol at the thought of standing up for three hours straight two days after you get released from the hospital. Very small holes cut into your stomach are still holes cut into your stomach.

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t coaching from up in the booth

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I poke around the other conference threads and the disparity in activity is still odd to me. It can't be a regional thing because the AFCE thread gets, by far, the most amount of posts among the six and just about every other one gets more than this one.