Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

poor life choice posted:

It’s illegal to make a bunch of posts in this thread while we’re on New Game+ high alert.

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Old Gods of Asgard will perform at The Game Awards. That should be fun.

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1731689817547649095

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Zat posted:

Won't accept this if Ilkka's isn't doing the crab dance on stage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Looking forward to Geoff Keighley getting taken over by the dark presence and going on a killing spree on stage.

(Well, as much as a killing spree as you can with a foam dorito sword.)

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
drat this game really needed Barry

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fighting Elegy posted:

yeah..

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zat posted:

sam lake dancing at the vgas, the prophecy is being fulfilled

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Fighting Elegy posted:

https://youtu.be/bPhOp_G0A_Y?si=ziI0K5NgYZ2vmQGT

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

I hope Barry makes a DLC appearance. Make it happen, Remedy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Barry making GBS threads his pants in .... night springs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Show me the champion of liiiiiiiiight

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Show me the champion of liiiiiiiiight

went back and played through the first part of the game yesterday so i could have a save slot specifically for we sing

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Did anyone actually find any of the cosmetics? There's a menu option on the main menu for them. Or is that probably part of NG+?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Crain posted:

Did anyone actually find any of the cosmetics? There's a menu option on the main menu for them. Or is that probably part of NG+?

That's a good question, I kept meaning to find out more and forgot. I had a café themed sweater for Saga and a preorder gun skin for Alan early on, but I don't think I ever had anything else show up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Are there cosmetics to find in game? I thought it was all just the deluxe edition items?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crain posted:

There were pre-order cosmetics too

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
New game + I hope we get classic Alan outfit

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
I want the "Alan Wake on painkillers" skin from the first game where he's wearing the hoody and sunglasses inside so he looks like a real douchebag.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of the only things that could get me to watch a games award show.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mahler posted:

I hope Barry makes a DLC appearance. Make it happen, Remedy.

One of the DLCs is supposed to be an anthology of playing as different characters but it's called Night Springs which will probably be the framing device and also an excuse to elaborate on Door some more but I have to hope that Barry will be one of the playable characters along with some of the others who didn't appear or got short shrift in this.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When you find yourself playing as a supporting character in (maybe) non-canon DLC you might just be in… Night Springs.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why on earth would it be non-canon?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If it’ll make you feel better I’ll edit that out in the next loop.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Can't quite get a feel for whether or not I should check nooks and crannies or follow along with the story (currently in the morgue). Is it easy to just check out the nooks and crannies later on?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

Can't quite get a feel for whether or not I should check nooks and crannies or follow along with the story (currently in the morgue). Is it easy to just check out the nooks and crannies later on?

It's worth exploring the immediate areas while doing the main objectives for sure but I wouldn't bother scouring the outer edges of the bigger areas you go to later on because you get a couple key items that let you fully access bits of them as part of the story anyway. Right before the endgame it gives you a warning that is a good indicator that you can now go hogwild.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I wonder if they'll let you replay We Sing in the new update instead of having to replay the game. But Aw2 might be the first game in a while that I'll just replay all over again right away with new game+ anyway

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

thebardyspoon posted:

It's worth exploring the immediate areas while doing the main objectives for sure but I wouldn't bother scouring the outer edges of the bigger areas you go to later on because you get a couple key items that let you fully access bits of them as part of the story anyway. Right before the endgame it gives you a warning that is a good indicator that you can now go hogwild.

Hmm, that still leaves me uncertain about how I should play through main story bits, but it's probably good for me to not get hung up on exploring every single corner anyway.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

Hmm, that still leaves me uncertain about how I should play through main story bits, but it's probably good for me to not get hung up on exploring every single corner anyway.

I did most of my exploring areas post the various boss fights. There are several areas in Saga's side of the story that don't fully open up until you beat the boss of that chapter anyway. It's a bit easier to find collectables and stuff as you work through a level in Alan's chapters.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There’s a couple of times as Saga when solving an optional puzzle as soon as you find it before a boss is absolutely the best thing to do.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
NG+ request: give Saga the dual uzis

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

NG+ request: give Saga the dual uzis

let her throw concrete chunks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Al! posted:

let her throw forklifts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:hmmyes:

plenty of deerfest floats around too

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Saga might be FBI but she is NOT Forklift Certified

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Saga might be FBI but she is NOT Forklift Certified

just finished the game, couldnt believe that saga was a female body inspector all along

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Unrelated, but how the gently caress do you get into the cabins just north of the car in the woods? I kept trying to get there and would always be told that it wasn't relevant for me to go there.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If that's the path I'm thinking of, that leads to The Lake House, a FBC site which is confirmed as where one of the DLCs will take place

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Kchama posted:

Unrelated, but how the gently caress do you get into the cabins just north of the car in the woods? I kept trying to get there and would always be told that it wasn't relevant for me to go there.

There's a gate on the west side that's locked with a chain that requires bolt cutters. If you don't have bolt cutters yet you just have to come back later.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

finished it yeah this game rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fighting Elegy posted:

there's an email where Barry told Alice he had been going to some strange wellness centre headed by a guy whose name escapes me, but is very distinctive, and that he has been sufficiently cured of all his delusions and concluded that everything that happened in Bright Falls in 2010 was just a prolonged nightmare, so it sounds like he may appear in either a DLC or a new game in the Remedyverse