Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
why, lad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Morpheus posted:

I will never stop seeing YLAD as anything but Your Lad.

ichiban and kiryu are indeed my lads and i will hit anyone with a bike to defend their honor

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Sera is a GREAT character, she's just also obnoxious, unlikable, has a bad haircut and a terrible intro.

She's infested with internalized racism, self hatred, and mommy issues.

The romance path with her as an elf is something I've never seen in a video game before, a straight up bad relationship.
The fights about magic and elf culture never stop; you can either be a calm 'mommy' presence or snap at her in anger and watch her wilt and cringe from you.
One of the fights gets violent and the game sorta plays it off by turning it into angry sex.
It ends with an insane ultimatum that the PC disown their family and culture.

There's no fixing her with your vulva, no romantic power fantasy, just a really hosed relationship.

It reminded me so much of some of my lesbian friends in their mid to late 30s trying to date women in their early 20s that I have a hard time believing it's unintentional.

Dear god, I just looked it up...lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

since Halo: Combat Evolved

Since myth 2: soulblighter

Remaster 1 and 2 and show daddy sony the big bucks

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Sera is a poo poo character, the writer never met a single northern english person and decided to make sera like that never fully understanding the many nuances of the word piss.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

haveblue posted:

Not great but it’s not an action game, feeling bad never really gets in the way of anything

AcidCat posted:

Seemed fine to me, the only thing I noticed was a stutter anytime it would autosave. Not a game I would have paid for, but it's pretty chill and I enjoyed the couple hours I spent with it last night.

:tipshat:

Thanks, sounds good!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Here in the piss5 thread we have a deeply nuanced understanding of the word piss

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
To Bioware's credit they knew Sera was unbearable because she's the only companion you can fire at any point after recruiting

Unfortunately she's also one of the best classes in the game

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Bungie hasn’t made a good game since Halo Reach

Give them Halo again imo

I just played that for the first time (along with the other Halo sequels) this past week. loving great game.

I’d played the first Halo a while back because I liked the shooting in Destiny but hated the repetition of clearing waves in copy pasted rooms… then Halo was mostly clearing waves in copy pasted rooms so I thought “I guess that’s just what bungie does.” Didn’t touch the rest until recently.

But then on thanksgiving the MC collection was on sale for $10 bucks so I decided to give the rest a try and drat am I glad I did. Their arcadey take on wide-linear level design is awesome and has never really been well replicated (not even by 343, although Infinite got closer than 4). Wish they, or anyone, still made campaigns like 2 through Reach.

Uh, anyway here in the Sony thread… perhaps a hostile takeover is justice for kneecapping Factions 2.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Morpheus posted:

I will never stop seeing YLAD as anything but Your Lad.

Come play shogi with me, My Lad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 I can just buy the PS4 version for 20 bucks and upgrade to PS5 right? Is there a reason why it's still 50 bucks digitally?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://x.com/geoffkeighley/status/1732540442959622601?s=20

As someone who's been playing Persona games for fifteen years, I'm still wary about anything with Katsura Hashino's name on it

Also, this game's title is bad

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Can't wait to play Re Metaphor Phantazio or whatever, game looks so drat good! Hopefully it comes out before GTA 6.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Bungie deserves to fail for kicking off this loving “games as a service” trend

Also destiny sucks compared to halo sorry nerds

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

90sgamer posted:

Bungie deserves to fail for kicking off this loving “games as a service” trend

Also destiny sucks compared to halo sorry nerds

post on ur main

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Destiny feels great but the weapon loop of using what the enemies you kill drop and flowing from melee to guns to grenades just makes Halo better

Sony should bring back Halo killer Killzone back

Actually just give Bungie Killzone and do Halo but with space nazis instead of space zealots

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

mcmagic posted:

If I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 I can just buy the PS4 version for 20 bucks and upgrade to PS5 right? Is there a reason why it's still 50 bucks digitally?

CDPR has never had the digital version below 50% MSRP, they've held the line the whole time, but retail outlets were much more willing to drop the discs to fire sale prices. And yes, the PS4 discs (you technically only need the Play Disc) that match your PSN store region will upgrade to the PS5 version for free, and you can buy the Phantom Liberty DLC if you want from there.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It's the nature of digital commerce.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Soul Glo posted:

Destiny feels great but the weapon loop of using what the enemies you kill drop and flowing from melee to guns to grenades just makes Halo better

Sony should bring back Halo killer Killzone back

Actually just give Bungie Killzone and do Halo but with space nazis instead of space zealots

Sony should bring back Resistance

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hell yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dp4srUh5yg

paging vikar

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

bring back resistance and killzone and i'll play fps games again other than doom (RIP)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vikar Jerome posted:

Since myth 2: soulblighter

Remaster 1 and 2 and show daddy sony the big bucks

Myth was given to Take 2 a long time ago, who seems to have completely forgotten that they own it :/

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

In case you missed it, a 2.5 GB update for Teardown was released that includes an inverted Y-axis toggle. It’s finally playable!

https://twitter.com/teardowngame/status/1732455138944573865?s=20

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

having a lot of fun with lies of p. i think i can get some decent mileage in before the month is up and it will definitely rise in level on my goty list.

it feels so immediately familiar having played a handful of fromsoft games (only still haven't played ds2 and, ironically, sekiro) and i played the lies of p demo which helped get me acquainted with the mechanics.

i ate poo poo over and over to the second boss before learning to stop moving around as much and just learn the timing to perfect block more regularly. it's immensely satisfying when you nail it, but crazy frustrating when you screw it up.

i tested out summoning a spirit to help with the third boss and it's basically easy dumb baby mode and i barely had to do anything to win. definitely takes the fun out of it so i don't think ill do it again.

the weapon degrade system is a little lackluster and im not sure it adds anything to the experience. i lost in one of my attempts with the second boss bc my durability was drained in the middle of the fight. bleh

overall im really loving this and glad i pulled the trigger.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
The Bungie situation is kind of wild. Any time a buyout happens, number 1 clause to keeping independent decision making is that you're going to stay on a very specific trajectory. Bungie got bought and then immediately hosed a launch that they had to know would not be up to par while the buyout was being negotiated. Those contracts have long term performance stipulations outlined, it's absolutely insane to sign and then do what they have done over the last few months.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

The Bungie situation is kind of wild. Any time a buyout happens, number 1 clause to keeping independent decision making is that you're going to stay on a very specific trajectory. Bungie got bought and then immediately hosed a launch that they had to know would not be up to par while the buyout was being negotiated. Those contracts have long term performance stipulations outlined, it's absolutely insane to sign and then do what they have done over the last few months.

This article is crazy

https://www.ign.com/articles/bungie-devs-say-atmosphere-is-soul-crushing-amid-layoffs-cuts-and-fear-of-total-sony-takeover

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Eyy, BP, did you check out this extended Ultros preview?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

That bit where an employee asked if leadership had considered taking pay cuts instead of paying off developers who had been there for 20 plus years and was told “bungie isn’t that kind of company” is rather gross.

A lot of crazy stuff in there but that popped out.

ShoogaSlim posted:

the weapon degrade system is a little lackluster and im not sure it adds anything to the experience. i lost in one of my attempts with the second boss bc my durability was drained in the middle of the fight. bleh

You can restore durability at any time by using the grindstone on your arm. Later on you’ll be able to buff that grindstone too. Best to top up your weapon right before going into a boss, most weapons will last a full fight. Some of the fast but high damage weapons will need mid fight repair to keep them from being OP, but you can think of backing off to use the grindstone like finding time to swig estus, but for your sword.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Dec 7, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

Eyy, BP, did you check out this extended Ultros preview?

A cosmic uterus, you say?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
one of my PS5 controllers started exhibiting stick drift. The controller is untouched and the cursor will move as though the left stick is being pushed to the left

1. this can be worked around with a dead-zone, right? implement one until the cursor is no longer moving on its own?
1.1 that's going to have to be done on a per-game basis, right? but at least after I figure out the limits in one game it will probably be similar across all the rest?

2. is it worth sending it in to a service center for repair if I'm already out of warranty, compared to replacing the controller with a brand new one?

right now I'm working around it by playing via Remote Play, since my PS4 controller (and whatever controller I'm using for Chiaki on the PC) still works just fine

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Dead zone adjustments work but not all games have that setting. I think there’s some hack where you can adjust the dead zone of the controller itself in PC software? I might be thinking of something else though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

You can adjust stick and trigger deadzones on an Edge, and replace the sticks if need be. It's a better investment than a regular DualSense by a long shot. I wish I hadn't wasted money on a second DualSense way back when.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Also BP, I posted my goty list, you should check it out.

Hell yeah, a true Raven.

Sorry, took me a few days, I've been really sick.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Bugblatter posted:

You can restore durability at any time by using the grindstone on your arm. Later on you’ll be able to buff that grindstone too. Best to top up your weapon right before going into a boss, most weapons will last a full fight. Some of the fast but high damage weapons will need mid fight repair to keep them from being OP, but you can think of backing off to use the grindstone like finding time to swig estus, but for your sword.

it felt like my sword was always topped off before the fight and only in one of the attempts did it deplete. i imagine different attacks do different amounts of wear.

once i got the upgrade that makes the grindstone also apply additional buffs, i started to understand the utility. more mechanics are opening up and it feels interesting to keep gameplay fresh although i doubt i'll interact with all of them.

particularly proud of the decision to not increase my "estus" charges after having the opportunity to do so twice now and instead opting for other buffs. i've seen youtubers talk about not leveling estus in ds to keep the challenge up, and i always thought that sounded crazy. but in this game so far i feel like it's an acceptable approach. might pay for it later if/when poo poo really hits the fan but we'll see.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

You can adjust stick and trigger deadzones on an Edge, and replace the sticks if need be. It's a better investment than a regular DualSense by a long shot. I wish I hadn't wasted money on a second DualSense way back when.

an Edge is three DualSenses :smug:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

I just don't think I'll ever be able to agree that a £200 controller is ever going to be a good investment.

Especially compared to just doing the old 'buy a new one, return the old one and get your money back' trick with a normal dualsense.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

buy all the dualsenses you want none of them are gonna come with back paddles or the ability to shorten the trigger travel

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’d rather buy a freakin Portal than a DualSense Edge

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

The Perfect Element posted:

I just don't think I'll ever be able to agree that a £200 controller is ever going to be a good investment.

Especially compared to just doing the old 'buy a new one, return the old one and get your money back' trick with a normal dualsense.

Might as well get the edge with the 'shoplifting doesn't cost anything' trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

I’d rather buy a freakin Portal than a DualSense Edge

also no back paddles