Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

My favorite Kennedy conspiracy theory is that Oswald was actually trying to the kill the Governor, but missed and hit JFK by accident

Mine is the actual fatal bullet was a secret service guy reacting to the first shot had his gun go off and that's the bullet that got him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

My theory is there was no shooter and JFK's head just did that

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Spaced God posted:

That's what Victoria Neuman wants you to think

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Spaced God posted:

Nah there just happened to be a psychic who successfully exploded his head coincidentally at the same time Oswald’s shot just barely missed

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The Back, And To The Left Sports Broadcasting Thread

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Nick Castellanos was responsible somehow

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Nodoze posted:

Nick Castellanos was responsible somehow

3 HR game too due to CS Lewis & Aldous Huxley

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/shadowtodd/status/1728072779524624498?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hooooooly hell that’s a throwback

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://x.com/minakimes/status/1728135432175845609?s=20

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

First. The Gang would absolutely do Titus Andronicus.

Second. Mina did actual news coverage? For Fortune??

Third, The idea of Bachmann being presidential material is laughable.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Mina cut her teeth as a financial investigative journalist for years before switching to sports. Her pop punk phase just makes her even more badass. Not as cool as a ska phase tho

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spaced God posted:

Mina cut her teeth as a financial investigative journalist for years before switching to sports. Her pop punk phase just makes her even more badass. Not as cool as a ska phase tho

She said post punk. You insult her

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Mine is the actual fatal bullet was a secret service guy reacting to the first shot had his gun go off and that's the bullet that got him

Pretty sure this is the conspiracy theory re: RFK.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1729318571744895105?s=20

Lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I came

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1725337224143642843/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1725337224143642843&currentTweetUser=stephenasmith

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"AT BALL. SACK. SPORTS. Good lord." lmfao

God and it only gets better and better as it goes holy poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1729969322687168962?s=46
https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1729969659959517480?s=46

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Kinda lovely because the sport is going to be all over the place and impossible to remember what race is on which service but I'm not mad about American racing getting a very healthy cash influx

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Spaced God posted:

Kinda lovely because the sport is going to be all over the place and impossible to remember what race is on which service but I'm not mad about American racing getting a very healthy cash influx

Yeah all I read is, its going to get more annoying to watch the poo poo you like.

Me having to explain to my dad in a few weeks the only way to watch this one wild card football game is to subscribe to Peacock is going to really go great I'm sure.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

I thought Nascar was losing viewership not gaining.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

soggybagel posted:

Yeah all I read is, its going to get more annoying to watch the poo poo you like.

Me having to explain to my dad in a few weeks the only way to watch this one wild card football game is to subscribe to Peacock is going to really go great I'm sure.

I don’t know about peacock yet. But any bar with a satellite dish has the Amazon games on ch9950. I also saw the MLB apple+ games were up there too.

So if he doesn’t mind being in a bar for 3 hours he can watch the game that way if it matters to him.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
He's not a big bar guy, but I digress. It took me a long winded explanation that even if your tv has netflix or hulu built into it you still need to create an account and login to those and that it will cost money.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/cbssports/status/1730664310115012950?s=46

rip

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

And next season we get the Big Ten on CBS covering a classic conference match-up as Michigan State heads to Eugene, Oregon to face the Ducks

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sash! posted:

And next season we get the Big Ten on CBS covering a classic conference match-up as Michigan State heads to Eugene, Oregon to face the Ducks

Nah they’re gonna save the CBS trip for when Ohio State comes to Autzen :gritin:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Gird your loins for UCLA/Rutgers, next on CBS.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/herhoopstats/status/1730963585013026967?s=20

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Out of curiosity I turned on PTI, a show I first watched 20 years ago, and when Tony got real mad at Mike about the CFP playoffs let me tell you they still got it lol.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

algebra testes posted:

Out of curiosity I turned on PTI, a show I first watched 20 years ago, and when Tony got real mad at Mike about the CFP playoffs let me tell you they still got it lol.

Welcome to Two Guys Huffing Their Own Farts on ESPN

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nickelodeon NFL Christmas Day simulcast is happening again this year :toot:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1732457965448556968

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Shocking.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Does Pat McAfee know who Henry Kissinger was?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

AsInHowe posted:

Does Pat McAfee know who Henry Kissinger was?

Other way around, Adam Silver somehow turned a softball question that could be answered with well basketball unites people around the world etc etc and turned it into “I’m just like Henry Kissinger and I believe in invading everyone”

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
the NBA has a right to defend itself

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He's really bad and is basically coasting on doing the bare minimum thing of ousting Donald Sterling who was probably a few months away from ousting himself.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I mean that was an awful answer to that question but he's been a really good commissioner for no other reason than he's navigated every CBA without any work stoppage or acrimony with the players. Things like the play-in and IST have been great changes, and the Bubble was pretty successful way of keeping the league going while being safe. He has a really successful resume as commissioner beyond Sterling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The bubble is the only one of those things I think is good and they undermined it the next season by forcing games to take place where people had definitely been exposed to COVID and then further in the year when he leaned on cities to return fans to the building during the still currently ongoing pandemic. I think opening the door for direct Saudi investment, and not only ignoring the capture of their media partners by sports gambling but actually promoting it are terrible developments.

Like I get there isn’t a better example of a commissioner to point to but that doesn’t mean I have to pretend he is doing a good job.