Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

extremely unnerving hearing about a guy who's almost sixty lament that he had no one special to him to love and then died alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Wow, that was unexpected. My first thought was that it was suicide but I guess he died during a surgical procedure.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

It's on the first page of this thread.

quote:

1. Who the hell is this Ralph guy?

2. drat, that Ralph guy is annoying.

3. I hate Ralph.

4. I want Ralph to die slowly in a fire.

5. drat, sometimes that jerk Ralph has huge balls.

6. I still hate Ralph, but I enjoy his contributions to the show.

7. I grudgingly respect Ralph.

8. I like Ralph, the show wouldn't be the same without him.

I'm not much of a starfucker, but I once fantasized about going out to dinner with Ralph, listening to him dish about everyone on the show, have him piss off the waitress, stiff me for the check, and steal the tip. Like, I wanted the full Ralph experience.

Rest in peace Ralphiecakes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Probably time to end the show . This is too depressing

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
RIP to a truly legendary professional slacker/hanger-on. It takes a particular kind of talent to chill out in an endless adolescence without becoming homeless, and by god he pulled it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKsJ5Fgh_NA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That sucks...... Poor Ralph

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
All the people on this show are old and they are going to keep dying.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Ralph died never having known what ETM wanted to be called. RIP fella

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

His greatest bit was not paying artie back before he died

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
He took the secret of taking the fall for Howard's condoms on the Private Parts set to his grave. What a true Italian. He kept Omerta!

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He took the secret of taking the fall for Howard's condoms on the Private Parts set to his grave. What a true Italian. He kept Omerta!

If you listen to the Youtube excerpt above, you will hear Howard say essentially exactly this ... something along the lines of "Ralph knew a lot of very personal things about me, and never breathed a word to anyone."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, that sucks. This sucks way more than Ralph's roast.

RIP Ralph.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Crazy. I was just listening to the bit where Ralph stole $100 from a waitress’ tip at Nobu.

I remember when Ralph would goof on Gary for getting married and having kids. Gary would always reply that Ralph would die alone and end up in a paupers grave. I guess Gary won.

RIP you berry faced queer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He wasn’t even old !!

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
I was an avid listener during the Artie Sirus years and listened to almost ALL of the back catalogue and I always loved Ralph because he was annoying as a motherfucker but was absolutely perfect for the show. Him needling Eric the Actor on the phone never failed to make me laugh. Dude was the perfect poo poo starter.

I've got to remember the specific moment but there was an moment back in the early Sirius years where Howard was mad at Gary and Sal was banging on Gary's door etc. and at that moment Howard added Ralph busting on Gary to the mix and it was the funniest added ingredient you could imagine. Perfect fit for the show.

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 6, 2023

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Two Kings posted:

... Gary would always reply that Ralph would die alone and end up in a paupers grave...
A Professional Friend to dying Sam Simon isn't ending up in a pauper's grave.

I'll always remember Ralph:

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
The Ralph vs Bubba stuff from the early Sirius years is what got me listening to Bubba.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

I always loved the way that Ralph would somehow rush onto the phone whenever Howard was talking to Eric the Actor because he could absolutely drive him insane. I need to find a call from like 2006 when Eric is making demands and Ralph made his life living hell for 15 minutes.

Found it! From 12/5/2006 - RIP Ralphie Cakies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su0Jv1EctSk&t=32860s

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 6, 2023

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
ETM on the phone and Howard says "guess who's on the phone for you? Ralph." and you hear Eric in the background say "oh gently caress" is one of my favorite random calls

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

All Ralph had to do to set Eric off was stay quiet on the phone until Eric was done saying something, then just make that “ehh” sound

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

barnold posted:

ETM on the phone and Howard says "guess who's on the phone for you? Ralph." and you hear Eric in the background say "oh gently caress" is one of my favorite random calls

NNNNNNng

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My first thought upon seeing that there were 39 unread posts in this thread: "This...probably isn't about Norman Lear..."

I didn't expect it to be about RALPH though, of all people. :rip:

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
rip ralph

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
drat, didn't see this news coming. Howard sounds devastated in that clip. I was not a Ralph fan, but he definitely was valuable to the show because he could get away with so much more by being tertiary. He was the only one that was staff-ish that could ask some really direct questions on the show without getting too much flack (beyond the berry/gay/starfucker stuff he got since day one). I hope he is jerking off to Star Trek in the beyond.

Finished the clip and drat do I understand Howard being pissed at him. Sounds like he had a curable cancer and just didn't really do much about it? As someone who has a loved one currently dealing with a curable, early detected cancer and beating the gently caress out of it, I would be loving livid if they were doing any less.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 6, 2023

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Ralph was an rear end in a top hat, but he was our rear end in a top hat.

This means Artie has outlived Ralph and half the Wack Pack, and will probably outlive Howard and Robin.

Also Ralph totally stole the tip money.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

EngineerJoe posted:

Wow, that was unexpected. My first thought was that it was suicide but I guess he died during a surgical procedure.

I hope when I go everyone I know has the first thought that it was suicide. One last dark, great burn.

RIP Ralphie. I just recently saw what he looked like and it perfectly matched the image I had of him in my head that I was stunned.

Howard should do a bit tomorrow where he shows up bald and shirtless and says "Ralph couldn't dress me today".

edit: also I learned the news not from this thread but from Deadline, so good for Ralph. I think he'd like that he made Deadline.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I wonder what Sandra Bernhardt thinks.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Everyone's getting old and dying :( Watching this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn9lrrrE9fs

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
In hindsight, :lol: that Ralph died early because he didn't put in enough effort. He went out on brand.

Former Human posted:

Ralph was an rear end in a top hat, but he was our rear end in a top hat.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
It’s too bad we never got to the point that Ralph was so desperate for money that he wrote a tell all about Howard.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Ralph is rating Angels now. Probably giving them a 6/10 because they have cellulite around their wings.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat I feel like this is the first “big” show name to die. Ralph’s death is hitting me harder than I expected even though I haven’t listened to a live show in over a decade. I always liked his calls - he was the ultimate poo poo stirrer.

Life is loving weird. RIP Ralphie cakes

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I would say it is the most surprising death since he was only 58. I don't think any other staff-ish person has died? There have been major show personalities like Hank (surprised no one) and Gilbert (wasn't really part of the show anymore).

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
It's extra surprising as I always thought of Ralph as a healthy guy (save for casual drug use which was hinted at.)

Artie, Jackie, Grillo, Stuttering John, and Scott the Engineer all lived these horribly unhealthy lives, and they're still kicking.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

kylej posted:

drat I feel like this is the first “big” show name to die. Ralph’s death is hitting me harder than I expected even though I haven’t listened to a live show in over a decade. I always liked his calls - he was the ultimate poo poo stirrer.

Life is loving weird. RIP Ralphie cakes

i get the point about eric/hank/gilbert but i agree with this. it feels like the first of the core group in a way i find hard to articulate

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Ralph is rating Angels now. Probably giving them a 6/10 because they have cellulite around their wings.

If there was any justice the Lord would have taken Lorenzo Lamas instead.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I just realized I'm probably going to hear him a few times since I'm so behind on listening... currently at June 2021. Has he been on a lot since then?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/18c1zu1/comment/kc87sdf/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I read this and thought it was interesting. Makes sense about Ralph and rings true for me and I'm sure some others. It wasn't until my 30s that I realized how much our childhood impacts every part of our adult life. Who would've thought Ralph Cirella would be a cause for self reflection lol

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
drat. Ralphie. I always liked his poo poo-stirring, he was funny and smart enough to make clever statements most of the time. Hard to believe he's dead and Jeff the Drunk and High Pitch and Artie and etc etc etc are still alive.... He was only 10 years older than me.

RIP you berry-faced queeah. Driving around in Hamptons Heaven shouting out the car window looking for Howard's house for eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
One thing about days like today is all of us here feel the loss together in a way. Many general people won't know who Ralph was. We may not listen to the show anymore, but it's a part of our younger, more simpler lives. It takes us back to more pleasant times like when we giggle after hearing a song in the grocery store that is forever changed for us because we now only hear the parody version. Many of us often hear about a celebrity dying first from this thread.

The show may suck, but this thread never has, and days like today show me why I've had it bookmarked for well over a decade.