Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

hell yeah, I did my first set of assisted pullups this week, even assisted ones were something I never thought I could do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

hell yeah, I did my first set of assisted pullups this week, even assisted ones were something I never thought I could do

I used the assisted machine to work up to bodyweight pull-ups. way better than bands because the force is linear and it won’t slip off and slap your genitalia

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’ve been doing weighted chin ups and for some reason I got up to +12.5kg and immediately couldn’t do +10kg. I could be overdoing it, but it’s strange.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
current yosfit status: trying to curb night snacking. thinking of getting into decaf coffee for the pm

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pythagoras a trois posted:

current yosfit status: trying to curb night snacking. thinking of getting into decaf coffee for the pm

I'd always crave junk food after drinking booze. I cut the booze and that solved that.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i just count the night snack calories and adjust my daytime meals so i’ve got space for that.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lower back started hurting during deadlifts. had to cut it short 😕

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

bummer: the trucker jacket i got for christmas is too big now

non-bummer: the peacoat i got in grad school fits again
some of my favorite nice casual pants recently fit very comfortably again. feels good. covid start was the last time they felt like that

my lifts are a bit less heavy but im slowly walking them back up this winter. becoming consistent again

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I got some small glass Tupperware containers that i can bake in, and so I've been making an egg white bake and then cutting slices off for breakfast. makes figuring out a whole meal so easy

i let it bake for a bit and then put some corn and black beans in it so they suspend in the middle rather than sinking to the bottom

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Friend I haven't seen in a while saw me today and asked if I'd been lifting. Well, yes. Yes I have. Back feeling better today, so I must not have screwed it up too bad last time.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
saw a personal trainer at my gym doing incline db bench with the smallest ROM i’ve ever seen followed by using one of only two squat racks to do curls (cheating on every rep of course). good to know that’s always an option for a career change since apparently they’ll let anybody be a trainer

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

HamAdams posted:

saw a personal trainer at my gym doing incline db bench with the smallest ROM i’ve ever seen followed by using one of only two squat racks to do curls (cheating on every rep of course). good to know that’s always an option for a career change since apparently they’ll let anybody be a trainer
hey, do as i say not as i do

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

akadajet posted:

Friend I haven't seen in a while saw me today and asked if I'd been lifting. Well, yes. Yes I have. Back feeling better today, so I must not have screwed it up too bad last time.

yeah, i had a similar thing with some family i havent seen since last year

the funny thing i was lifting last year, and heavier too, the real big thing was cutting back on alcohol (which is an obv thing to cut back on but still)

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

Ran a turkey trot today, made a PR on my 5k.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I took a chance on some ghost brand chips ahoy flavored protein powder and it’s pretty good. has cookie bits in it. would recommend

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Did my first deadlift set in a couple of months, back is feeling a lot better but of course I took it easy. I also did sumo deadlifts which might be my go to going forward, felt like a lot less stress on my back (but still a good workout for it)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

scale says I'm down 20 lbs from when I started this dieting business. so far it hasn't been too bad. I've got 16 lbs to lose now to get to my goal weight.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

gained back the 10 lbs i lost and havent worked out in like a month :eng99:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i stalled out at about 200lb. first got ill so i suspended my diet, then thanksgiving and the assorted leftovers (plus some self-owns of buying delicious candy).

back at it this week though.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

gained back the 10 lbs i lost and havent worked out in like a month :eng99:

this is called a deload. you're now ready to make some PRs in the gym again

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Eeyo posted:

i stalled out at about 200lb. first got ill so i suspended my diet, then thanksgiving and the assorted leftovers (plus some self-owns of buying delicious candy).

back at it this week though.

I was a grouch this Halloween and turned off my porch light because I didn't want to buy candy and eat it for myself.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

skipping this week because a friend is in from out of town and i hate the combo of doms and hangovers

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Share Bear posted:

skipping this week because a friend is in from out of town and i hate the combo of doms and hangovers

:rip: to all your gains

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

akadajet posted:

I was a grouch this Halloween and turned off my porch light because I didn't want to buy candy and eat it for myself.

i got a giant bag of costco candy, but hardly anybody came because it was snowy and cold.

the next morning I threw the rest of the bag away because it was too much of a temptation.

maybe next year i'll just list it on craigslist for $1 or something. i don't think a food pantry is going to take 2/3 a bag of halloween candy

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

akadajet posted:

:rip: to all your gains

i always reset whenever i take breaks to my "baselines" which is basically body weight or body weight * 1.25 depending on body lift

my benches are always awful so its not really a reset there

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

there was a deal for a family size of those new nerds/gummy candies, it was like $4.

i haven't fallen off my diet but i think having that in the house is like leaving loaded guns around kids

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I've found the same thing about booze. I can't have it in the house or I _will_ drink it.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

i admit i am powerless over

<glances at bag of nerds gummy clusters, grimaces>

ferrara candy company products

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Pythagoras a trois posted:

i admit i am powerless over

<glances at bag of nerds gummy clusters, grimaces>

ferrara candy company products

i had some edibles that were 4mg gummy nerds and it was a constant test of my mental fortitude to keep from just scarfing all of those mfs

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
hard stop on everything due to awful sciatica. be careful lifting heavy guys.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

didnt move the squat rack into the basement from the garage before winter so i did squats and binch in 25 F weather today. felt good to get out of the house

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

hard stop on everything due to awful sciatica. be careful lifting heavy guys.

my lower back is still sore from deadlifts a few weeks ago. no sciatica thankfully

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I've decided to start working on side delts because my shoulders look like poo poo. Oh god, this is how you end up doing body building stuff isn't it?

anyhow I've started to notice my chesticles in the mirror more now that I'm losing weight.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

next thing you know you’re wearing gymshark and doing Arnold press. like I do

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
lol same, just starting to focus more on side delts and lats so i can hopefully go from “oh he looks like he might workout” to “drat he’s big”

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I sat down to dinner with my brother the other week after not seeing him for a month or so and first thing on the agenda was “so, you’ve been lifting.” lmao

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

well why not posted:

I sat down to dinner with my brother the other week after not seeing him for a month or so and first thing on the agenda was “so, you’ve been lifting.” lmao

hell yeah

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
lost about 15 lbs over the last few weeks until thanksgiving and then gave up half of
that. time to push through until EOY.

well why not posted:

nice

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

presently 85kg and I’m 5’10” so I’m a way off my goal of 90kg, which is the reported weight of Christian Bale in his Batman movies. I doubt I’ll get there but we’ll see. 5kg is a big jump and he looks way way bigger.

I’m not doing his ridiculous steroid programme so that sets me way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this guy’s openness is amazing. “here’s exactly all the poo poo I was on and how I got it”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXWaX2MR0A