Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i keep getting "you are bugs" is that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Re: Sheehan and his $1000 secret special insider access Yeah idk. that’s what I posted about a few pages ago and then edited out, because I was worried I was being divisive. It is nice to know I’m not the only one raising an eyebrow at it tho.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It could be as innocuous as being on their internal mailing list.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

LuckyCat posted:

Re: Sheehan and his $1000 secret special insider access Yeah idk. that’s what I posted about a few pages ago and then edited out, because I was worried I was being divisive. It is nice to know I’m not the only one raising an eyebrow at it tho.

Naw see there's divisive and then there's holding back information for a select few in a community that is notorious for that poo poo, and then asking for a grand for that.

The drama with the SOL tapes that's so far kept them unreleased has not eased the boiler pressure of suspicion I have for all of these community big names. It irks me so much that they want to have their special little in crowd while crowing for disclosure for the supposed benefit of humanity

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Related to the ball of light attacking people in India a decade ago?

https://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/destinations/asia/indias-deadly-ufo-encounter/

quote:

More than a dozen people were killed in the riots and lynchings that followed the attacks of the Muhnochwa. Though all manner of descriptions and theories were bandied about, no one could say what the “Face Scratcher” was. But it had been filmed: One video allegedly showed people running in horror from a beam of light spinning furiously over darkened streets. According to The Times of India, a team of investigators on the scene of one attack did not rule out “the possibility of the presence of an extraterrestrial body with electromagnetic effect.”

I remember watching this video, but it's apparently lost to the tides of internet (it was very low quality, also maybe just an emergency vehicle light reflecting weird).

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Ooooohhhh

https://twitter.com/TheUfoJoe/status/1732520266713239620?t=Hj2Md7hrnWB5RMJF-4GgsQ&s=19

E: the pic is not an actual advert but apparently he really is asking cash for disclosure

Big Greer energy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

nevermind
that was the old version

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 02:38 on Dec 7, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

LuckyCat posted:

:justpost: imo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

yeah its like, although everything is true, we also like pointing out and laughing at the grifters. Also getting mad at them being jerk faces

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/NewParadigmInst/status/1732535854776889758?s=20

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Moving, shaking

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

this thread is worth that price tag imho
that poo poo is going to be dire lol im almost tempted to start a fundraiser to get one of us in there but itd be a sheer waste of cash and not even funny

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

everyone but us is an enemy of disclosure

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

I'll just say it - I don't trust Sheehan.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Objurium posted:

I'm there. The only thing giving me pause is his past actions but people can and do get different when they get older.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Objurium posted:

its the hair isn't it?

Or you hate the Irish like PFC and Italians (hopefully a gimmick of course)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I honestly don't trust any of these people, except maybe.. Garry Nolan.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I honestly don't trust any of these people, except maybe.. Garry Nolan.

Nolan is also holding back/desperate for exclusive answers because he's an experiencer himself

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
never meet your heroes

edit: definitely venmo them some cash instead

you lil paypig

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Trust no one

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/wotzitt/status/1732505004483682628

https://twitter.com/wotzitt/status/1732505007239438390

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

no one with birdbrain would ever charge money, they may be cagey about telling people stuff for the usual reasons but they would share and for free and any attempt at gross monetisation like the above marks one as either a grifter or an enemy of the phenomenon, why not both. our wonderful bread doesnt butter itself after all

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

perhaps it was a space-hearse

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm there. The only thing giving me pause is his past actions but people can and do get different when they get older.

He's done so much it's true. Like journalists have him to thank for sources being protected. I don't know how to feel about him and it's making everything he said yesterday complicated. Well, even more so

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Delta-Wye posted:

never meet your heroes

edit: definitely venmo them some cash instead

you lil paypig
The Only reason I haven't posted my V"enmo" or "Paypal on here is I don't want to take advantage of all the very great, very beautiful people on this website who love me, your favorite poster, so much. MAKE C-SPAM GREAT AGAIN.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 04:16 on Dec 7, 2023

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

[

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Honestly the whole cattle mutilation thing makes perfect sense when you think of it like a completely unknowable entity looking at what we do to cows in slaughterhouses going "jesus christ... okay... wow, gently caress. I guess they really don't like those things so they're fair game"

What's that quote where the aliens thought we had fought the cows in an interspecies was and our current treatment of them was punishment for their crimes? I think I saw it ITT years ago

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/18clq7e/linkedin_image_post_from_radiance_technologies_3w/

Well, Stratton does appear to be engaged with Radiance Tech so score one for Sheehan

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

They killed my baby

https://twitter.com/matthew_pines/status/1732613699880263955?t=pewn9FNUm9TjGdNodZKfDQ&s=19

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

No review board, no withholding funds, toothless. Welp.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

"The use of the term "privileged access to inside information" in our appeal for contributions was not intended to convey exclusivity or secrecy. Going forward, we will ensure that our language clearly communicates."

Well if it didn't mean exclusivity and secrecy, and you are going to be more clear with your communication now... what did it mean then?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

TheWorldsaStage posted:

No review board, no withholding funds, toothless. Welp.

This is really discouraging. I think I'm going to step away from the subject for a while.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

D-Pad posted:

What are the threads thoughts on Chris Bledsoe? He just did a podcast on the Danny Jones podcast (formerly Concrete) that is very much worth listening to. It's incredibly woo but also like every big name in UFO circles has apparently spent a lot of time with Chris and they all say he is the real deal. I don't know what to make of it. The guy seems truthful but the woo is so extreme at the same time.

There is an episode of Beyond Skinwalker Ranch about him. They go out to visit him and he tells his story and says he can summon orbs on demand. They go out at night with him, he points to the sky, and within two minutes there is an orb. About five minutes later there is another orb, then another. It's like he summons orbs at the rate of 3-4 per hour. The investigators are freaking out but there is no real conclusion on what these orbs are. They are just moving lights in the sky. At one point they go "There's one! Oh wait, that's a plane."

Later they bring out a neuroscientist who puts on some kind of brainwave measuring device on his head while he is summoning orbs. The doctor analyzes his brain activity and says he is in a zen-like state while calling to the orbs that only hardcore monks can achieve.

Apparently Bledsoe will actually be on Skinwalker Ranch next season.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

The Grey posted:

This is really discouraging. I think I'm going to step away from the subject for a while.

Stay and enjoy the ride. The fact that catastrophic disclosure has been brought up so much over the last few weeks makes me think it's going to be a wild time.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

papersack posted:

Stay and enjoy the ride. The fact that catastrophic disclosure has been brought up so much over the last few weeks makes me think it's going to be a wild time.

I'd like to believe that catastrophic disclosure will happen now that official disclosure has been shut down. Unfortunately I don't think it will. We are far more likely to continue with the status quo of vague second-hand leaks and blurry pictures of lights in the sky.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the least credible things posted in this thread are whatever ~those clowns in congress~ are up to at any given moment.

not trusting the government of the united states of america, including its "wildcard lone wolves", to ever tell me anything cool.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Mola Yam posted:

the least credible things posted in this thread are whatever ~those clowns in congress~ are up to at any given moment.

not trusting the government of the united states of america, including its "wildcard lone wolves", to ever tell me anything cool.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I just want the aliens to [redacted] every house of power in this nation and then on this planet that is corrupt.

Is that so much to ask???

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Seems so, at least so far

But hey, it's a magical time of year, keep praying to S'anta

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Nothing like that has ever happened in our place before. Five or six loud breaths, then nothing. If not for my wife, I would've thought it was her or some kind of half-asleep hallucination. It goes without saying that there's no way someone could've been inside our house, and I don't think it'd be possible to make such a noise outside our window. It really sounded like it was in the room.

My sleep paralysis / alien abduction experience in 97 had the breathing sound at the start, it was very weird and I heard it as a dog sniffing/huffing right near my head before it became a mechanical air pumping sound. I hadn’t heard of it in pop culture as anything associated with aliens so it was the most interesting part to me, that my brain didn’t just copy that from somewhere when it created a sleep paralysis situation. I’ve always been interested in if anyone else experienced anything like it too. Your description does sound very similar, for me it was definitely an alive biological breath-like sound, at least to start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
but the poster's wife also heard it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5TX3yqyZYo

so at the very least it couldn't be some hallucination unless they were both hearing something happening, which means it wasn't just merely sleep paralysis

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 09:52 on Dec 7, 2023