Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Some Help with Our Ethnic Cleansing, Please

Ted Rall posted:

One of the more tone-deaf talking points of Israel and its supporters is to accuse neighboring Arab states of being cruel to the Palestinians because they refuse to accept them as refugees. Setting aside the fact that countries like Egypt and Jordan already have millions of Palestinian exiles from previous wars, Israel is tacitly admitting that they are trying to impose ethnic cleansing against Palestinians. Like Germany before World War II, which demanded that other countries accept Jews, Israel wants to turn Arab states into collaborators.

First Dog on the Moon: Welcome to another episode of Nice Stories Where Nothing Bad Happens. This week: I saw a platypus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Things are worse"
How. How are they worse. What about this is bad.
"We have to secure our border"
Why. Why do you have to? What is the problem?
"We can't be a sovereign comic strip without it"
What the gently caress are you talking about
"Feed us!!"
Oh so they're starving and desperate and your response is "get them the gently caress out of here", all above questions have been answered.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If they gave prickly citizenship to Snoopy then they'd get like a million times more royalties than they ever would from world famous characters Winslow the Democrat Dog and the Libertarian Lizard whose name I forget, so then everyone would be able to afford more food.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
There is a certain type of irony here. The comic characters are complaining about being invaded by characters from other strips while the one who made the comic to rail against immigrants is the one responsible for the problem.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

Marshall Ramsey

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Overall Worst

It's just such a smooth blend of horseshit hackery.
The mangled attempt at using Actually Popular characters as stand-ins for "undesirables", the big reach for the hypocrisy gotcha at the end, the overall blandness that permeates every pixel of a Prickly City comic.
It's the flavorless gruel of thinly veiled racism.
Bad as it is, I think the coyote (liberal until the exact moment it might be personally inconvenient) is exactly what Horsey is.

Edit: for fucksakes Branco you're a Boomer, you should know how wrong that is on multiple levels. And I know Skelley is trying to say something really lovely but I cannot work through the syntax of that grammar.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 6, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Prickly City might have come dangerously close to an actual joke if Stantis had made Winslow a horsey.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

I always find Hitch viscerally annoying, knowing he's from the North Shore. Dude's an hour out from one of the most diverse cities in America, with the most colleges per capita, and yet still produces a comic with a dogwhistle to "you vill eet zee bugs".

The context of a person's life informs the intent of their actions. An obvious comic.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

lmao everything about this cartoon

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Neito posted:

I always find Hitch viscerally annoying, knowing he's from the North Shore. Dude's an hour out from one of the most diverse cities in America, with the most colleges per capita, and yet still produces a comic with a dogwhistle to "you vill eet zee bugs".

Also, I feel like it's one thing to fall for the whole "Klaus Schwab wants to personally take away my Big Mac so he can force feed me raw crickets" thing, but it's another level of delusion to depict your Average College Lefty Loon as being, like, actively pro-eating bugs. Like they're throwing enthusiastic rallies about it.

It's like the people who assume every Muslim danced with joy in the street on 9/11 until proven otherwise. They've demonized the Other so thoroughly in their head that they're convinced their enemies are openly embracing evil in public, just off-screen of course, they're sneaky and nefarious like that. Lack of evidence? Doesn't matter, it feels right.

(Not to imply that seeking possible lower-impact meat substitutes is inherently evil, but try convincing your average Black Rifle Coffee enthusiast that.)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I'd nominate it for worst label, but I absolutely see Elon wearing an Elon shirt.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

seiferguy posted:

lmao everything about this cartoon

He didn't even get the title right! It's "The Empire Strikes Back", not "The Empire Strikes Again"! loving christ.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
My favorite part is that to fit the metaphor, the Death (Chinese Woke?!?!) Star laser needs to be advertising money, which Elon is deflecting by telling them to gently caress off. Like, he's not protecting anything, besides himself maybe? What's that thing even aimed at?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i wouldn't watch an entire movie about the ewok empire

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JamesBont posted:

He didn't even get the title right! It's "The Empire Strikes Back", not "The Empire Strikes Again"! loving christ.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

It's the weird pose he's doing, like who holds a shield like that?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

seiferguy posted:

If he didn't you couldn't see his "Elon" shirt.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

What's that thing even aimed at?

Free speech, isn't it obvious?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

Free speech, isn't it obvious?
Yeah, he's using free speech as an ablative shield to protect himself and X, rather than him using X to protect free speech.

An accurate cartoon.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

You gotta appreciate the little details, like novelty IDF dog tags.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Islamic Shock posted:

Bad as it is, I think the coyote (liberal until the exact moment it might be personally inconvenient) is exactly what Horsey is.

:hmmyes:
I honestly agree with you entirely on that point, but I was coming at it more from the angle that Stantis/Allie are two of the last people who need to be telling the kettle what color it is.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Something tells me that that 'HAMAS' label wasn't originally there.
That's the Channukka menorah, (8 branches) which starts tomorrow, but Israel uses the one from the temple. With six branches.

Like if Massachusetts used a Christmas Tree instead of the Pine Tree

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

That's the Channukka menorah, (8 branches) which starts tomorrow, but Israel uses the one from the temple. With six branches.

Like if Massachusetts used a Christmas Tree instead of the Pine Tree

I'm sorry but actually the official state tree of Massachusetts is the Dunkin iced coffee cup.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

My favorite part is that to fit the metaphor, the Death (Chinese Woke?!?!) Star laser needs to be advertising money, which Elon is deflecting by telling them to gently caress off. Like, he's not protecting anything, besides himself maybe? What's that thing even aimed at?
When pressed about what exactly Disney is doing wrong, Elon's explanation that Disney is trying to destroy the site formerly known as twitter by...uh... not giving him a bunch of money, money that twitter is entitled to for its role as digital town square and protector of free speech yada yada.

So if Branco thought about it as a metaphor for what's happening, it must be an anti-money ray and Elon is deflecting it somehow to survive (maybe the shield is the $8 membership fee he collects from chuds).
But more likely Branco didn't think about all that and he's just drawing the Nazi story about Disney using its nefarious Jewish powers to oppress the plucky little richest man in the world.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 6, 2023

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1732214524542140913?t=qASvG8PUK9VKHAvsgJbkMQ&s=19

New Rob Rogers

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at 7, it's marginal, right

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There are some grown adults who still believe that Trump won 2020, so anything's possible.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:ducksiren: Ellwood Atfield Political Cartoon of the Year Award Winners Announced! :ducksiren:
Best Political Cartoon went to Adams, for his Rishi Barbie; and the Best Political Cartoonist is the Telegraph's Patrick Blower! Watch his acceptance speech here.

:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on James Cleverly’s Rwanda deportation plan – The home secretary says his new asylum treaty is not about getting ‘cheap or quick popularity’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

New visa rules will ruin relationships, Rishi Sunak told
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon of the year.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Aztec Galactus posted:

Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at 7, it's marginal, right
W-what do you mean “still a believer” :ohdearsass:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He's real, NORAD tracks him every year.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Exactly! The American military would never lie to us :downs:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

the Best Political Cartoonist is the Telegraph's Patrick Blower!

:psyduck:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus, with the shadow attorney-general Michaelia Cash in the door. ‘I will not be apologising’: Dreyfus shouts at reporter in fiery High Court exchange (SMH). (By "shouts" and "fiery" they mean he raises his voice to avoid being talked over by the reporter).

Knight:

An "Airbus Albo" cartoon about him not going to COP28.

Lethbridge:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Ombudsman slams 'creeping politicisation' of Victoria's public service under Daniel Andrews (ABC).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Worst Label

Dear God that loving briefcase label.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 7, 2023

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

JON TESTER FAILS THE TEST
Cartoon published 12/06/2023

Election season is rolling back around and once again we Montanans are being peppered with commercials pushing Democrat Jon Tester for Senate everywhere we look.

Tester has his campaign strategy down to a ’t’. He looks like a poor country farmer and he attacks the millionaire class, yet he himself is a multimillionaire. He spends most of his time in a fancy mansion in Washington D.C. where you can bet he doesn’t wear overalls.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

Of course, the Democrats would dearly love to see their comrade get reelected. Their Senate majority hangs by a thread. Montana’s other Senator is Steve Daines, a Republican. It’s natural for Montana to have Republican Senators. After all, ‘The Treasure State’ is a red state.

Yet Jon is good at raking in votes because he presents himself as a dyed-in-the-wool Montana. He’a farmer and rancher and he can be seen in his commercials riding on tractors or driving well-worn trucks. He shows hunters and fly fisherman in his ads. Tester, who misses three fingers on his left hand, claims to represent “Montana values.”

Keep Us Drawing- Support our work with a small donation, click to donate!

Yet when he gets to Washington D.C. he aligns himself more with the policies of Hillary Clinton and George Soros. Both of them help fund his campaigns—especially Hillary. You might even say she bought his loyalty. Tester has voted with Biden’s position 91 percent of the time so far during his presidency.

Tester, like most Democrats, approves of abortion, Obama Care, and open borders. He voted to put radicals on the Supreme Court, and he voted against Trump’s conservative appointees. To his credit, Tester wanted to repeal the unpatriotic “Patriotic Act” and he favored the Keystone Pipeline.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Still, Montana can do better than Tester because Jon Tester Fails The Test.

— Ben Garrison

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

The Biden Agenda has been directly helping people. A good cartoon.

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Too big to hang out, slowly lurching toward your favorite city
Pierced through the heart but never killed

Jack Ohman

Ann Telnaes - The Gossips of Tiktok

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

All Santa has to do is remove "meat eaters" from this list.

Randall Enos

Amjad Rasmi

Adam Zyglis

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
For that Mike Smith one, no Napoleon was actually competent and actually rich

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

"Yes, but for complicated historical reasons, it'll be called Napoleon III."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What're they talking about?
That's clearly the base for the Teen Titans.