Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Really interested to see how good the reporting was on the Soto return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ultimately this is probably a little more than you want to give up but who gives a gently caress? Juan Soto hitting bombs into the short porch all summer is going to be so fun

Mike King is awesome but his elbow is liable to snap off at any given moment. There will always be another pitcher out there

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Trent Grisham is a shittier Aaron Hicks. lol

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

humpthewind posted:

Really interested to see how good the reporting was on the Soto return.

https://twitter.com/talkinbaseball_/status/1732612698708345212?s=46

Pretty much spot on.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1732613095254634679?s=20

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

so fuckin pumped for both teams from NY to have blown out payrolls and still not even be the best team in their divisions

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is the exact same trade as Aaron Rodgers to the Jets. Desperate team negiotiating against themsevles vastly overpaid but got a guy they needed. Hoepfully he doesn't die in the first game.,

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

mcmagic posted:

This is the exact same trade as Aaron Rodgers to the Jets. Desperate team negiotiating against themsevles vastly overpaid.

I feel like your tune will change when he hits 35+ dingers this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

humpthewind posted:

I feel like your tune will change when he hits 35+ dingers this year.

Look, they had to do it. And i'm glad they got him. Giving up King hurts though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcmagic posted:

This is the exact same trade as Aaron Rodgers to the Jets. Desperate team negiotiating against themsevles vastly overpaid.

i don't know, maybe there's a difference between trading for a 40 year-old guy who does not believe in medical science and a 26 year-old superstar in his prime

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

There will always be another pitcher. King looked excellent but you have to do a deal like this every time. A bat like Soto is never available unless under special circumstances

Of course mcmagic would find something to be upset about with getting literally Juan loving Soto lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

This is the exact same trade as Aaron Rodgers to the Jets. Desperate team negiotiating against themsevles vastly overpaid but got a guy they needed. Hoepfully he doesn't die in the first game.,

Is Juan Soto 40, unvaccinated, and crazy about UFOs/pizzagate?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I don't think the Yankees would give up King if they didn't feel reasonably certain they are going to sign Yamamoto

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

I’m sorry man this is a batshit take when you’re talking about Juan Soto lol

Anyways

https://twitter.com/yankees/status/1732615920076411335?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I’m sorry man this is a batshit take when you’re talking about Juan Soto lol

Anyways

https://twitter.com/yankees/status/1732615920076411335?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

I support this trade! I supported the A A Rod trade too. Just commenting on the return.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Incredible work here

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Is there any Yankees news that mcmagic can't spin into the worst possible take?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
You know the answer

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't think the Yankees would give up King if they didn't feel reasonably certain they are going to sign Yamamoto

tbh i don't think they are related. they HAD to get soto.

King would've been in the rotation even if they got Yamamoto.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

maffew buildings posted:

You know the answer

And that's why he's on ignore.

Yes yes, coward's way. But a good list of the time my brain stays nicely Bad Take free (except for my own.)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

I support this trade! I supported the A A Rod trade too. Just commenting on the return.

I just don't think Juan Soto and Aaron Rodgers are remotely comparable and I don't think the assets given up in the trade are remotely comparable

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mustached Demon posted:

Is Juan Soto 40, unvaccinated, and crazy about UFOs/pizzagate?

...probably

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yankees desperately needed offense besides Judge and now they've got it. The only guy they should really hate to lose in that package is King and he was already a guy sitting in more of a swingman role than a starter. If they go get somebody like Montgomery, Yamamoto, etc to beef up the rotation as well they should be in a much better position to make the postseason.

Padres got a nice pitching piece they will presumably try to move to the rotation and some bulk farm depth. Also their ownership got to shed a ton of payroll, which is what really counts.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

its clearly an overpay, they should have aquired him for gleyber torres and 3 random dudes in 2022 now THAT would have been a trade!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to hear about Juan Soto's ayahuasca trip

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I just don't think Juan Soto and Aaron Rodgers are remotely comparable and I don't think the assets given up in the trade are remotely comparable

If King is a no 2 starter it's pretty comparable though.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Professor Funk posted:

True because the Jets are getting more than one year of Rodgers :v:

Frank yelling at Cashman over the phone for trading King

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It was literally 8 starts lol. A really good job of selling a guy at the peak of his value

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The D-Backs are signing Eduardo Rodriguez to a 4 year deal

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Carlosologist posted:

There will always be another pitcher. King looked excellent but you have to do a deal like this every time. A bat like Soto is never available unless under special circumstances

Of course mcmagic would find something to be upset about with getting literally Juan loving Soto lol

As some NY radio personalities said today, "some fans are in love with their sadness."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

its clearly an overpay, they should have aquired him for gleyber torres and 3 random dudes in 2022 now THAT would have been a trade!

so gleyber torres sucks or he's good? or just the opposite of what i think?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

you tell me you're the one who proposed the amazing fan take trade package for Soto with centerpiece gleyber torres during the summer of 2022 on something awful dot com forums

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

so gleyber torres sucks or he's good? or just the opposite of what i think?

He's good since he helped get the Cubs a ring.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Bregor posted:

Just had a vision of Juan Soto launching dingers over the RF wall at Yankee Stadium and the fans booing and holding signs that said “WE WANT JASSON DOMINGUEZ BACK”

I wrote this a long time ago so just pretend the signs say MICHAEL KING instead

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

you tell me you're the one who proposed the amazing fan take trade package for Soto with centerpiece gleyber torres during the summer of 2022 on something awful dot com forums

if i would've proposed one with mike king and drew thorpe as the centerpieces i'm sure you would've reacted well.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/brwalkoff/status/1732610043802202578?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

mcmagic posted:

if i would've proposed one with mike king and drew thorpe as the centerpieces i'm sure you would've reacted well.

Dawg I hate the Yankees I don't give a gently caress and hope this trade is a disaster for your team, who you have assured us are dogshit garbage, Namate.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

And smdh at y'all using ignore. Terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If the Yankees sign Yamamoto after this I will go to a Yankees game with mcmagic