Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s certainly a factor

Still doesn't make it the loving cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'd take Bill Belicheck the coach.

There's no loving way I'd take Bill Belicheck the GM.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Mega64 posted:

I'd take Bill Belicheck the coach.

There's no loving way I'd take Bill Belicheck the GM.

This is why he'd be perfect for the Chargers. You're likely to get a ring before he fucks up your franchise and he'll probably retire before he does too much long-term damage.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kalensc posted:

From the Athletic article on the Panthers coaching:

Put aside your personal assessment of Bryce as a QB, both pre-draft and now, for just a moment. Replace his name in those paragraphs with "1st-round rookie QB".

How the gently caress could anyone down at Panthers HQ believe this approach would be successful while naming the rookie the starting QB?

Letting flawed mechanics fester for a whole season? Knowingly putting a guy who's new to calling plays and new to the offensive scheme behind an OL that was specifically assembled for an entirely different blocking scheme? And then refusing to switch to Dalton once it became apparent that starting the rookie was only reinforcing bad habits re: footwork and providing very little in terms of 'useful experience running a well-installed offense'?

:stonk:

(aww, is the 'you dumbass' smilie gone?)

He's never called plays from the huddle before?? Your #1 pick doesn't know how to do this?! :psyduck:

I get college isn't like the pros but holy poo poo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Benne posted:

I think the more appropriate question is "do you want the 2024 version of Belichick that completely whiffed on his last QB project and seems more or less checked out at this point?"

Checked out lol?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd take Belichick as a DC but that's it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah your an idiot if you don’t want Bill as a coach

You are also an idiot if you want him to GM

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I like the Kevin O'Connell / Brian Flores mix in Minnesota, although it may not last. So I'm good for now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Belichick will be 72 going into next season and his teams over the past couple of years have been coached like dogshit. Every single Patriots game there are dumbass procedural penalties or special teams gaffes and the announcers act incredulous and say "this doesn't look like a Bill Belichick coached team!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Belichick will be 72 going into next season and his teams over the past couple of years have been coached like dogshit. Every single Patriots game there are dumbass procedural penalties or special teams gaffes and the announcers act incredulous and say "this doesn't look like a Bill Belichick coached team!"

That's what happens when you employ a bunch of unqualified goons and kids.

He needs to be in an organization with people in the FO who can question what he is doing. That's the problem in New England. Anyone who ever had any kind of clout is long gone.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

casario is like the only pats coaching or FO higher who is doing a decent job.

Jason Licht came up through the Pats system under Belichick and he's done a pretty solid job in Tampa as GM.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I only hire coaches that can win without having the best QB in football for 20 years of their career.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So bill? Because he was winning before Brady

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

So bill? Because he was winning before Brady

He was also in his 40s before Brady.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Bill's age is a problem, because you have no idea how much longer he's gonna be coaching. If you're in a win-now situation and okay with giving him the keys for a couple of years that's fine, but if you're wanting a long-term solution, he ain't it

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The watermark on that photo makes it look like she's wearing a goofy mask, and I prefer to think that she's making all the decisions in Carolina wearing a stupid cat-lady mask. It's much more interesting than the alternative.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That's what happens when you employ a bunch of unqualified goons and kids.

He needs to be in an organization with people in the FO who can question what he is doing. That's the problem in New England. Anyone who ever had any kind of clout is long gone.

Bill Belichick to the Panthers.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The only place that feels like a good fit for Belichick in his current state would be the Chargers. The team already has a lot of foundational pieces that can compete now if coached well. I don't see Bill being a good fit for a team in need of a rebuild like the Bears or Panthers even if he doesn't have GM power. I doubt he wants to go through a rebuild at his age either.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah your an idiot if you don’t want Bill as a coach

You are also an idiot if you want him to GM

The problem is, you're not going to get one without the other.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Febreeze posted:

The only place that feels like a good fit for Belichick in his current state would be the Chargers. The team already has a lot of foundational pieces that can compete now if coached well. I don't see Bill being a good fit for a team in need of a rebuild like the Bears or Panthers even if he doesn't have GM power. I doubt he wants to go through a rebuild at his age either.

They’ve also thoughtfully set him up with a lovely first round bust receiver and a bunch of old, hurt, expensive veterans (who are still 1000% better than anyone on New England). He will feel so comfy!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Simplex posted:

The watermark on that photo makes it look like she's wearing a goofy mask, and I prefer to think that she's making all the decisions in Carolina wearing a stupid cat-lady mask. It's much more interesting than the alternative.

Okay so I'm not the only one who saw this.

It gives the pic this vibe like Bryce Young is meeting a small-time vigilante crime fighter.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Simplex posted:

I have zero knowledge of Nicole Tepper, but based solely on this, I’ll assume she’s gonna go full Maureen Ponderosa.

Quiet Feet posted:

Okay so I'm not the only one who saw this.

:same:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tyler Dunne just wrote a Sean McDermott hit piece, so x-posting this from this from the AFC East thread…

quote:

At St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y., McDermott’s morning address began innocently enough. He told the entire team they needed to come together. But then, sources on-hand say, he used a strange model: the terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001. He cited the hijackers as a group of people who were all able to get on the same page to orchestrate attacks to perfection. One by one, McDermott started asking specific players in the room questions. “What tactics do you think they used to come together?” A young player tried to methodically answer. “What do you think their biggest obstacle was?” A veteran answered, “TSA,” which mercifully lightened the mood

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's not an Onion article?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

That's not an Onion article?

You sound like someone that couldn’t organize a terrorist attack

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Nonetheless, when Allen decided to put roots down and build a house with his then-girlfriend in Western New York, his boss was livid. Inside staff meetings, one source said McDermott would bark: “Tell Josh to stop worrying about that loving house! We’ve got the season coming up. When the season starts, that needs to be Brittany’s issue and not loving his.” Coaches, understandably, were stunned. They shared What the…? glances of disillusionment and moved on.

Also here's the Ringer on Belichick https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/12/7/23991775/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-coach-fired-traded :rubby: at the thought of Jerry and Bill together

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Here we gooooooo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

fsif posted:

Tyler Dunne just wrote a Sean McDermott hit piece, so x-posting this from this from the AFC East thread…

God i hate defensive HCs. They almost universally have massive sticks up their rear end over the dumbest poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

God i hate defensive HCs. They almost universally have massive sticks up their rear end over the dumbest poo poo.

Fire Staley etc

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Still doesn't make it the loving cause.

There isn’t a single loving cause. It is many loving causes creating this situation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1732872856252399898

What a league. What a year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Jesus Christ. Just ignore it my man, copping to that basically confirms every single fact in the article

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Thinking of kumails very good 9/11 joke from the big sick and having an lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

To be fair, that's a meeting that team will never forget.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Bill to the Bills

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Bill to the Bills

They'll need more than one though

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Nicole Tepper is 5'0" in case anyone wants more picture references like when he kept getting compared to 5'6" Nick Saban.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sirriani's seat is definitely hot right now. Defense might as well not even come to the games they are nonexistant. Offense hasn't been able to figure it out all season and hurts regressing by the week. Need to bring someone in to right the ship before it sinks here.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The lack of awareness from McDermott to make a 9/11 joke while the head coach of a New York team is incredible to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Asproigerosis posted:

Sirriani's seat is definitely hot right now. Defense might as well not even come to the games they are nonexistant. Offense hasn't been able to figure it out all season and hurts regressing by the week. Need to bring someone in to right the ship before it sinks here.

makes sense