Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Pokémon Violet's picnic sandwiches inspired me to put a bit of extra effort into my breakfast today. It was the best sandwich I've had in a while.

oh poo poo PIkachu this isn't Rare Candy :lsd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The little faith I had in this game is pretty much down to zero now.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Who the gently caress are the Banu Haqim

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Brujah
Tremere
Ventrue
Malkavian
Nosferatu
Tzimisce (or whatever)
The shape-shifting ones think it starts with a G
There's the gypsy clan too, that one starts with an R..???? Ravnos maybe???
Cappadocians from Dark Ages become something else in Masquearde.. God it has been so long since I've played the table top game

...cant think of any others

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Chants of Sennaar is a fun $20 game where you come to a foreign town and try to decipher their language.

I started playing this yesterday, it's cool, buuuuut i don't love that they threw in some stealth action and random basic puzzles

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Clan Giovanni???????? Nobody ever played one of those lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Who the gently caress are the Banu Haqim

"What if assassins were actually vampires?" while filling the gap of vamps in the middle east.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think the Banu Haqim replaced the Assamites who were middle eastern stereotypes?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk off to a strong start

Wait until you meet the Oldheads

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMJiyBLnhZU

Looks like someone accidentally public'd a trailer early

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
can’t say I like that haircut

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That voice acting is some real poo poo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Waffleman_ posted:

This game is actually looking rad as hell. More AAA 2d games please.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Aww i missed it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It’s been set to private, what was it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was a story trailer for the new Prince of Persia. Notably a demo is coming out on the 11th

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Shard posted:

The little faith I had in this game is pretty much down to zero now.

That happened for me when they named the main character Phyre.

Now I can't stop associating it with Fyre Festival.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

goatface posted:

"What if assassins were actually vampires?" while filling the gap of vamps in the middle east.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think the Banu Haqim replaced the Assamites who were middle eastern stereotypes?

Ahhh I see. Was there a in-universe explanation or just quietly changed on the sly

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

i love the Ventrue Bros!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
all these fancy vampires just make me want to play as those redneck vampire hunters who put UV lights on their pickups

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ChickenHeart posted:

all these fancy vampires just make me want to play as those redneck vampire hunters who put UV lights on their pickups

that's not a bad hack for vampire huntin tbh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

well ackchyually the vampyres of Blablabla clan are immune to sunlight and so strong and cool that they can never be killed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don't believe the old fairy tales, crosses and garlic don't do anything to vampires

Sunlight and silver? Yeah ok that's real

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Redfall is how you kill vampires these days.

Pumps em full of bugs and bad gameplay

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
just make a Blade game already

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

haveblue posted:

just make a Blade game already

Rumour is that is what the other part of Arkane is doing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glec7uzohbg

Hmm, just heard about this game. 9/10 on steam, available on Switch, Playstation and PC. People comparing it to undertale

I have been praising it up and down.

quote:

So I finished In Stars And Time and I would say it's easily one of the better indie RPGs I've played, even if it trends sometimes towards being an RPG-themed VN.

It's a time loop game but to be honest I'm hard pressed to think of a time loop game that handles the subject matter better. There is a frankly absurd amount of reactivity with lots of big and small changes in every loop depending on what you did in previous loops, sometimes in surprising ways, and there's a pleasant amount of unusual secrets and changes as well. Probably the best part is how the protagonist deals with being in the loops as the game genuinely spends a lot of time focusing on how it impacts them, how they feel about 'repeating' things that meant a lot to them the first time, etc.

The story is largely quite good with some genuinely interesting mysteries and excellent character writing. Since it's an indie game released in the year 2023 you know that it is about depression, anxiety and mental health but it handles the subject matter in one of the most effective ways I've seen and there were several moments I had to put the game down for a few minutes because it felt a bit too intense. How it eventually plays out was very effective.

It's kind of hard to discuss without spoiling big chunks of it but I'd say it is an easy recommend if you're into Omori or Undertale style games. My biggest criticism is that it can feel too repetitive at times. The game gives you a lot of ways to 'skip' things but you'll still be repeating a lot of the same areas over and over, which is thematically relevant (and the game plays with it in interesting ways) but can still grow tedious.

It actually is what I gave my GotY award to, I *really* liked it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Rumour is that is what the other part of Arkane is doing.

Well lets hope it's their Lyon Studio, cause they made Deathloop - and Deathloop owns bones

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
My trusty HyperX Cloud II headset just gave up the ghost. Anyone have any recent headset experiences? I honestly might just get another pair of those, or maybe the newer Cloud III. The price/quality ratio seemed to be on point, they were comfortable and I can't even remember how many years they lasted in constant use.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Gaming headsets have the worst mics and always overcharge for em. Get a cheap mic that can sit on your desk like a fifine k668 ($18) plus a regular pair of normal people headphones.
If you're couch gaming then you're outta luck though

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

StoryTime posted:

My trusty HyperX Cloud II headset just gave up the ghost. Anyone have any recent headset experiences? I honestly might just get another pair of those, or maybe the newer Cloud III. The price/quality ratio seemed to be on point, they were comfortable and I can't even remember how many years they lasted in constant use.

My Arctis 3 have been great, I'm getting the Nova 7 for christmas though solely to go wireless, which I dont even really need but will be nice.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
If you're not using a $300 condenser mic and $400 headphones while also putting foam all over your walls to reduce noise bouncing, is it even really worth doing anything?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Pokémon Violet's picnic sandwiches inspired me to put a bit of extra effort into my breakfast today. It was the best sandwich I've had in a while.

friend that is two slices of bread

glad to see Talonflame back in action, i'm pretty sure they left him out of the last gen which was a goddamn travesty

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1732835031872135678?t=Ef08zSqN0s1O8f4_Yau_CQ&s=19

MHW, Resi Village, and DMC5 are less than 30 bucks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kerrzhe posted:

friend that is two slices of bread

I think that was pickles with oil, one of the cheaper “recipes”

But lol the irl sandwich was inspired by the menus at the many food places in the game

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

I started playing this yesterday, it's cool, buuuuut i don't love that they threw in some stealth action and random basic puzzles
The stealth bits are important in the early floors becauseu they're about understanding the social structures of the locals and stealth is really the only way to test for that. in the second half it's much more debatable.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/SuperRADLemon/status/1732782992467075220

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

Ahhh I see. Was there a in-universe explanation or just quietly changed on the sly

Based on how they've handled this kind of change before it's usually "previous mentions of this group were biased stereotypes spread by their enemies, this is how they really are," they did that with the Romani-inspired ones (after they nuked that clan's leader, literally with a spirit nuke)

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 7, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Got a feeling this is related to that one Street Fighter tournament where the TO had mods on his copy and they accidentally broadcast naked-rear end Chun Li

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Probably or something similar. Mods are always in that grey area where it generally isn't worth it to try to police them but then someone does something stupid that gets enough attention and you get a few weeks/months/whatever of harder cracking down.