Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

freeedr posted:

This but also the tank would be delightfully warm

It's also a good way to have hideous mold and fungal colonies live in your toilet. As well as all the minerals from the hot water piping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Minerals, what

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

It's also a good way to have hideous mold and fungal colonies live in your toilet

Not in my case. I have my water heater set to 95°C. I make spaghetti in the tank

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

freeedr posted:

I make spaghetti in the tank

"Shorty what you drank?"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

AC Slatering myself a meal in the shitter while watching crokinole tournaments on the wall-mounted tv behind

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

I stayed in a cabin in the mountains and the plumbing was fed from a mountain stream and a hot spring and they decided to plumb the toilet from the spring. let me tell you, waking up in sub freezing temperatures in the winter and sitting on a warm toilet was very, very pleasant.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

BasicLich posted:

I stayed in a cabin in the mountains and the plumbing was fed from a mountain stream and a hot spring and they decided to plumb the toilet from the spring. let me tell you, waking up in sub freezing temperatures in the winter and sitting on a warm toilet was very, very pleasant.

Where I come from, those are called steamed hams

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Soul Dentist posted:

It's also a good way to have hideous mold and fungal colonies live in your toilet.

Not if you make it hot enough! Piping hot turd piping!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

LOL

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

BigHead posted:

Hong Kong uses an octopus card for public transit. I assume it's that. Like Seattle uses the orca card.

Hell yeah, it rules, every 10 rides you get a free gumbo :hellyeah:

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Lobok posted:

The question is for the customer. Why do they know it's hot?

This happened for a little bit in my apartment, hot and cold water were both really hot -- i found out because I flushed and the water that refilled the bowl was steaming. I didn't even feel any warm water, but steam coming out of the toilet bowl is inherently unpleasant in an entirely new way that I'd never experienced before. The bowl was clean, even, but the immediate disgust I felt seeing huge wisps of steam come out of the toilet bowl was unmatched

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Telltolin posted:

the water that refilled the bowl was steaming

The ole steamed dumplings.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The toilet crafts sort of a fine Turd Bisque.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Ah, I see sir is taking a poo poo. We've taken the liberty of keeping that warm for you

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Why do they call it toilet when you of in the cold water of out hot defecate the water?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Hot chocolate anyone?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Telltolin posted:

This happened for a little bit in my apartment, hot and cold water were both really hot -- i found out because I flushed and the water that refilled the bowl was steaming. I didn't even feel any warm water, but steam coming out of the toilet bowl is inherently unpleasant in an entirely new way that I'd never experienced before. The bowl was clean, even, but the immediate disgust I felt seeing huge wisps of steam come out of the toilet bowl was unmatched

Gently wafting poo particles throughout the entire room

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hot pot

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Poo stew

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Oh you think you're hot poo poo, well...oh, wait

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

How has this not come up in the replies yet, y'all are no Hulkamaniacs!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Laserjet 4P posted:

Why do they call it toilet when you of in the cold water of out hot defecate the water?

:hmmyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BallerBallerDillz posted:

Also true with the hot water toilet.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Tree Bucket posted:

Gently wafting poo particles throughout the entire room

Your toothbrush covered in shitcules? It’s more likely than you think!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Telltolin posted:

Was this in Cleveland?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

OwlFancier posted:

hot water toilet.

Charles Bukowski's unpublished book

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

BallerBallerDillz posted:

Is this optional?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ysoUmgM.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh hell yeah, petition to save this woman's job

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
How could you give your own brother the spicy splashback Dominic?

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Lobok posted:

Was this in Cleveland?

Nope, small hole in the side of the road town in the mountains of Colorado. When we first moved in the water was being especially weird, and when summer hit the cold water was blasting hot, too. And it was scalding hot, around 160f when we measured it, which HAS to be illegal.

It did that for about two weeks and would persist for an hour or so, and then it'd stop. It hasn't done that since, but there's a building with communal water heaters for our building and as a result the water temperature is really unreliable. At it's worst, it will wildly swing from super cold to super hot, back and forth, changing every 3 seconds or so. Makes showering an absolute misery when it starts doing that.

And our cold water, especially in winter, is REALLY cold, being on a mountain and all. It comes out feeling refrigerated, which is great for drinking but really sucks when it's forced on you during a shower.

funny image tax

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Telltolin posted:

Nope, small hole in the side of the road town in the mountains of Colorado. When we first moved in the water was being especially weird, and when summer hit the cold water was blasting hot, too. And it was scalding hot, around 160f when we measured it, which HAS to be illegal.

It did that for about two weeks and would persist for an hour or so, and then it'd stop. It hasn't done that since, but there's a building with communal water heaters for our building and as a result the water temperature is really unreliable. At it's worst, it will wildly swing from super cold to super hot, back and forth, changing every 3 seconds or so. Makes showering an absolute misery when it starts doing that.

And our cold water, especially in winter, is REALLY cold, being on a mountain and all. It comes out feeling refrigerated, which is great for drinking but really sucks when it's forced on you during a shower.

funny image tax

they were making a cleveland steamer joke

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

TotalLossBrain posted:

Is this optional?

Nope, that's just how it works with the ocra card :shrug:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Telltolin posted:

funny image tax

Opposite vibe when it's self checkout.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Telltolin posted:

funny image tax

Got a 20oz that didn't scan for free from a cashier in Publix saying this.

The man looked ready to quit anyway.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Guyver posted:

Got a 20oz that didn't scan for free from a cashier in Publix saying this.

The man looked ready to quit anyway.

If you hadn't done that the poor guy might still have a job, congrats I guess on your free 20oz for being the final straw on that poor retail worker's back.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

great big cardboard tube posted:

If you hadn't done that the poor guy might still have a job, congrats I guess on your free 20oz for being the final straw on that poor retail worker's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGnqf3CUW8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
*sobbing* Please, I'm trying. I'm really trying!