Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
it was found in chatgpt that if you told it to repeat a word forever it would eventually freak out and give you training data, which included people names, phone numbers, socials, etc

if you did it on grok i would assume it would eat itself and set their server farm on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Looks like he can barely see out of the thing, and can't see the front of the vehicle. Probably fine

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Elderly man operates impractical vehicle, what could possibly go wrong.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
linda can't go to japan where they're mad about x to try to smooth things over because shes part of the yaccuza and she's barred from entering the country

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

shyduck posted:

Looks like he can barely see out of the thing, and can't see the front of the vehicle. Probably fine

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

uncanny

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Maybe the guy just wants a new horse

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Literally everyone who is trained in the field dealing with this says you are wrong."
"Well who are you going to believe? Trained experts or me, someone who has no actual knowledge in the field?"

Elon: "Hmmm... both sides raise good points."

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

shyduck posted:

it's also Jay Leno who is a notorious car-crasher

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

it's also Jay Leno who is a notorious car-crasher

If elon's cybertruck can take leno out, it will be like the first good and pure thing he's done, even if just by accident.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

does he want to burn the other side of his face?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

it was found in chatgpt that if you told it to repeat a word forever it would eventually freak out and give you training data, which included people names, phone numbers, socials, etc

if you did it on grok i would assume it would eat itself and set their server farm on fire

telling chatgpt to put machine code at a certain memory address and then execute it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
every time you tell grok to divide by zero, a spacex rocket gains its wings*

*explodes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Randalor posted:

"Literally everyone who is trained in the field dealing with this says you are wrong."
"Well who are you going to believe? Trained experts or me, someone who has no actual knowledge in the field?"

"Yeah but don't forget, Doctors also said smoking and lobotomies were cool and good once too. Whose to say genital mutilation and sterilization of kids will end up being the same kind of thing?"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Randalor posted:

bold of you to think elon thinks the non-matt walsh side has a good point as well

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
walt disney is turning over in his grave over twitter

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

walt disney is turning over in his grave over twitter

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1732777176775147789?t=sSZnJh_UptQv5yKS45zOYA&s=19

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he's right

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol he spent $44b to unban that account

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

wondering why advertisers don’t wanna come back

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!
that big clearly coordinated push from the chudosphere and elon sycophants a week or 2 ago to pay for platinum was really funny

no matter how you want to spin it, paying for a free website will never be a better value for me, you, anyone over something like hulu or disney+

i know they got to sell this spiel to the biggest marks but drat hahaha

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

got em

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you make fun of twitter blue and yet you paid to post here... curious

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

what

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
:qq:
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1732616176247934980?t=Jnd9GgeN6uU63exBFfSGug&s=19

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
yacc seems like the wife in american beauty, she just needs a hot real estate guy to hop on top of every so often

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

that doesnt look like a real photo

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

a guy posted csam on twitter and supposedly even watermarked it and everything and was banned for posting it and then elon personally intervened to get this person's account unblocked

it's a shame about ians skull but at least it is very roomy for an ant colony

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hold on are you telling a shrimp made this scampi?

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

a guy posted csam on twitter and supposedly even watermarked it and everything and was banned for posting it and then elon personally intervened to get this person's account unblocked

I've seen this said a few times after Elon bought Twitter, but how did this not immediately result in three-letter agencies at the very least asking very pointed questions to Twitter staff?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Considering their history and what we know they look for in partners it's not at all unlikely Elon has some very important friends who can solve problems for him.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Randalor posted:

I've seen this said a few times after Elon bought Twitter, but how did this not immediately result in three-letter agencies at the very least asking very pointed questions to Twitter staff?

law enforcement doesn't care as much about csam as people think, their enforcement efforts are barely a drop in the bucket and step one is "trust platform operators to police it" which lmao

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Considering their history and what we know they look for in partners it's not at all unlikely Elon has some very important friends who can solve problems for him.

Hahahahaha! Sure, Elon musk with a friend, THATS likely.

Just kidding, I was being sarcastic. Because musk is famously unlikeable, so it's actually unlikely.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Randalor posted:

i wonder that too, apparently it was under the guise of "educational/awareness purposes" or something, idk. elon seems to have an impenetrable anti-mattering shield w/r/t the federal government

the guy is @dom_lucre on twitter if you wanted to venture down that rabbit hole

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

tenderjerk posted:

elon seems to have an impenetrable anti-mattering shield w/r/t the federal government

I mean pretty much any rich white guy is going to get treated the same by the Feds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1732861913573265782

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1732865160476328068

quote:

Think about how much letting Alex Jones BACK on X would make the machine rage @elonmusk.
It's time.

Musk posted:

Will consider. In general, since this platform aspires to be the global town square, permanent bans should be extremely rare.

Also, if he does say something false on this platform, then @CommunityNotes will correct him, whereas that would not be the case elsewhere.

Let’s hold a poll: