Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

Think there will be any Star Citizen announcements at the game awards.

Best game engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look if it doesn't win literally every category it will make everyone aware the gaming awards are 100% rigged.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Lammasu posted:

Think there will be any Star Citizen announcements at the game awards.

Croberts will stride onto the stage and read the entire Fourth Stimpire

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

chadbear posted:

Star Citizen is stored in the balls

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dr.Smasher posted:

I like to think he has actually read the drat thing.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Lammasu posted:

Wait, is this a real thing and not a parody? Did a real-life furry interview Chris Roberts?

Oh, for sure a real thing, yup. This particular furry / person i don't know what they prefer to be called, did a couple of them if i'm not mistaken. That's definitely someone's very real fursona and chosen voice.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Even cats are dunking on Crobear these days

https://packaged-media.redd.it/n6mj...1252986e84a#t=0

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

onesixtwo posted:

Oh, for sure a real thing, yup. This particular furry / person i don't know what they prefer to be called, did a couple of them if i'm not mistaken. That's definitely someone's very real fursona and chosen voice.

Thinking about Keetah Cheetah shook loose the memory of Wesha, that insufferable dude that used to make every post about being in the rl millionaire club that had the nft looking cat avee that was dropping big bux on Star Clitizen

What I'm saying is my brain is truly broken and filled with garbage :v:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Thoatse posted:

Thinking about Keetah Cheetah shook loose the memory of Wesha, that insufferable dude that used to make every post about being in the rl millionaire club that had the nft looking cat avee that was dropping big bux on Star Clitizen

What I'm saying is my brain is truly broken and filled with garbage :v:

the fact that the first thing i think is geez, which millionaire idiot spent 10's of thousands on SC

because it could have been multiple people, 100's if not thousands of them at this point

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

onesixtwo posted:

If I remember rightly they paid to be able to send a bunch of questions in to Croberts, rather than talk to him live. He had no idea that he was going to be edited together with the question asker in that way.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Welcome, Elon Musk

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Black bears are so cute, I really hate to shoot them in RDR2

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

You have to be careful when quoting Jared, he trolls certain members of the community on purpose.

Sataball is in Squadron 42. We already know it.

Look closely at the mobiGlas screens they have shown for Squadron 42 for the last 2 years the Sataball tournament has been mentioned on all of them. I also know they've done a lot of expensive mocap and audio capture for it. Team names, team member names, sports presenter play by play commentary. Will the players be able to play it? Don't know, but the players will certainly be able to watch Sataball matches. Someone went to the trouble of writing whole voice acted narrative scripts for it, more than once. Jared doesn't like leaks, unfortunately he caused one of the biggest collection of leaks and he can't control Chris's propensity for dropping big hints. "You'll be fighting creatures in Squadron 42".

If you listen to the 2018 vertical slice mission with directors commentary you'll hear Chris say they removed sections of that period in the game (while you're aboard the Stanton) to avoid spoilers and to keep the video length down to an hour, he's a master of understatement!

"Squadron 42 is feature complete" - and one of those features is mentioned by name on the players mobiGlas screen in the promotional video - SBPL. They check and re-check everything for spoilers, if it's there plain as day to read it's because they intended it to be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtjzLzs7V8&t=149s

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can't trust the employees of the company making this game, you can only trust me.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Chris is a master of understatement!

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
PC figures in his stories that the everything about SC is meticulously planned to the smallest detail, except when it isn't, and stuff was and wasn't intended to be shown and kept hidden or not kept so.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

GTA 6 will probably release on PC like in 2027 and still beat SQ404

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sandepande posted:

PC figures in his stories that the everything about SC is meticulously planned to the smallest detail, except when it isn't, and stuff was and wasn't intended to be shown and kept hidden or not kept so.

He’s like those people who go through the Bible assigning numbers to each letter and deriving prophetic truths from it. Bullshit built upon bullshit built upon bullshit. A veritable banquet of bullshit

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I think the funniest part about this is that he's replying to a post regarding a developer's comment about how you shouldn't take everything said in the past as gospel because the game has changed since that point. To quote the dev,

quote:

It is super easy to forget WHEN they were written as this disregards that the game has moved on since then. I often get quoted on things that were said years ago (old IFCS docs come to mind)... they are treated as the ultimate authority in discussions whereas they are just a momentary record of development at that specific time.

... And then Monocle Cat does that exact thing the dev warns not to do.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Look the devs don't know what they're talking about, obviously one should only listen to the one true prophet Monocle Cat for he has been chosen to spread the truth and beauty of star citizen to all unlike those deceiving, untrustworthy and unbelieving dev team.

Do not trust their lies!!!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think the funniest part about this is that he's replying to a post regarding a developer's comment about how you shouldn't take everything said in the past as gospel because the game has changed since that point. To quote the dev,

But if he did what the devs warned him not to do, he wouldn't have anything to post any more since it would undermine every single facet, component, or basis of anything he has ever dreamed up… :ohdear:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It occurs to me Monocle Cat is basically a chatbot AI that's been trained on nothing but Star Citizen developer's statements. He'll repeat everything he's heard ever as true no matter how much has changed in the meantime, because to him, it's all the same.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sataball is in the game? That just might be enough to buy in.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Just take images of blitzball from FFX and send them to him as exclusive leaked shots of development builds of Sataball and see if he believes it.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Is Sataball just a faster version of Pataball?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Apollodorus posted:

Is Sataball just a faster version of Pataball?

Only because Star Physics™ will inevitably make the ball have negative drag and/or friction.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
In related news, The Day Before is showing how hard it is to follow exactly in the Crobbler's footsteps, tipping their hand far too early and ruining the illusion. I suspect there are countless disciples of CIG waiting in the wings with their scam games, but they can only hope to emulate a scam so perfect it could only have come about by accident.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

In related news, The Day Before is showing how hard it is to follow exactly in the Crobbler's footsteps, tipping their hand far too early and ruining the illusion. I suspect there are countless disciples of CIG waiting in the wings with their scam games, but they can only hope to emulate a scam so perfect it could only have come about by accident.

I wonder if Roberts has the mental capacity to understand his luck with this entire fiasco.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Dr.Smasher posted:

I really hope Chris blows all of his SC money someday and has to resort to Cameo and we can get him to read out the entirety of Stimpire lore and select Piss Cat posts.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

colonelwest posted:

I really hope Chris blows all of his SC money someday and has to resort to Cameo and we can get him to read out the entirety of Stimpire lore and select Piss Cat posts.

lmao the perfect ending

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Imagine his wavy hands as he reads.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

colonelwest posted:

The reaction to that would of course be a massive wall of :shepspends: posts from ex-commandos begging him to make that game and open up a kickstarter already. And to ensure the community doesn't fail the vision this time, it should be priced well above SC which was too affordable, leading to its downfall due to entitled low-thousands backers.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Imagine his wavy hands as he reads.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

of course they all have exit plans prepared, they've only had 10+ years to work on them

Chris has a patreon all ready to go, and backers would probably be good for $10k/month in exchange for a few lovely hand drawn space ship jpegs , for the next few years at least to make sure he doesn't have to give up his porsche

some of the other cronies would do patreon as well

and the rest would do an onlyfans i guess, your guess is as good as mine on who that might be

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Blue On Blue posted:

and the rest would do an onlyfans i guess, your guess is as good as mine on who that might be

ASMR with Tony Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
So, do they have aliens in game yet?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

monkeytek posted:

So, do they have aliens in game yet?

They've got citizens, so… yeah? Of sorts.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I work at a 3D printing company and we got an inquiry about printing a bunch of ships from this game. They sent files in that were absolutely awful looking - basically like someone had taken the game assets, ripped them out of the game, and shrink-wrapped them to make them manifold solids that would be printable. The end result is that they looked partially melted.

I warned the client that these files weren’t very good and that they weren’t likely to produce what he wanted in terms of quality if I printed them, and he proceeded to tell me all about how he spent a lot of money on having someone prepare these files for him, which was a lol because of course a Citizen gets fleeced. When I started giving him ballpark numbers for cost for printing based on the size of the models, assuming they weren’t half-melted-looking, he immediately panicked and started telling me about how money was super tight right now. He wanted to negotiate, like, a six month payment plan for these 3D prints. Obviously we told him no, because we’re not his credit card company, but the whole interaction felt deeply indicative of the type of guy still propping this shitshow up.

Back in October we also produced a number of Star Citizen trophies for some kind of dogfighting event at CitizenCon and the design they brought us was really ugly. Some e-sports company was trying to get in on the ground floor of competitive play for this game and I just couldn’t imagine how completely not fun that must be.

In summary, lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Harvey Baldman posted:

I work at a 3D printing company and we got an inquiry about printing a bunch of ships from this game. They sent files in that were absolutely awful looking - basically like someone had taken the game assets, ripped them out of the game, and shrink-wrapped them to make them manifold solids that would be printable. The end result is that they looked partially melted.

I warned the client that these files weren’t very good and that they weren’t likely to produce what he wanted in terms of quality if I printed them, and he proceeded to tell me all about how he spent a lot of money on having someone prepare these files for him, which was a lol because of course a Citizen gets fleeced. When I started giving him ballpark numbers for cost for printing based on the size of the models, assuming they weren’t half-melted-looking, he immediately panicked and started telling me about how money was super tight right now. He wanted to negotiate, like, a six month payment plan for these 3D prints. Obviously we told him no, because we’re not his credit card company, but the whole interaction felt deeply indicative of the type of guy still propping this shitshow up.

Back in October we also produced a number of Star Citizen trophies for some kind of dogfighting event at CitizenCon and the design they brought us was really ugly. Some e-sports company was trying to get in on the ground floor of competitive play for this game and I just couldn’t imagine how completely not fun that must be.

In summary, lol

I believe this company (JRDF) is officially approved by CIG to make 3d models of their ships/vehicles. They are hilariously expensive and look like crap. They send you the unpainetd straight off the 3d printer pieces and you have to cut away all the printer supports.

https://www.jrdf.sc/collections/star-citizen-kit-models/products/carrack-model-kit-1-500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Just like the jpegs, all their stuff is out of stock.