Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

CainFortea posted:

There is no central authority or record keeping of this certification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I had to pick up a thing, drive a cone course forward, drive back in reverse, then put the thing back. That seemed like silly limited training to me but apparently that was rigorous?

E: Fast forward two months and now I’m doing stupid poo poo like using the forklift as a makeshift crane as I load bars of metal onto the saw.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 8, 2023

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
That dog is maintaining three points of contact on the ladder. Good boy

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

ILL Machina posted:

Didn't know what thread this would be best in, but I think it fits here and y'all will enjoy

https://i.imgur.com/ShoRlyS.mp4

I like how the other cow there is like yo what the gently caress

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Glagha posted:

I like how the other cow there is like yo what the gently caress

Lol I just noticed that now that you posted this. Dude jumped back like wuuut

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Entropic posted:

Now I’ve heard there was a secret cord
You plug it in, you meet the Lord
But you don’t really care for safety do ya?
It goes like this, the ends both fit
Don’t touch the prongs, oh poo poo, oh poo poo
Thats how you get the voltage coursing through ya

:golfclap:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

ILL Machina posted:

Didn't know what thread this would be best in, but I think it fits here and y'all will enjoy

https://i.imgur.com/ShoRlyS.mp4

Can’t fart there, mate?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's some insanity from poland I found in the yospos SECfuck thread. A train manufacturer, pissy because they lost the maintenance contract on servicing the trains, modified the software for the trains so that it would brick them if any equipment was changed OR the train's GPS reported it was in a certain set of GPS coordinates for >10 days. Those GPS coordinates all lined up to competitors' service centers.
To fix the trains, you just had to punch a few buttons on the console in a certain order, but the manufacturer didn't tell anyone about any of this. It only came after a hacking group was able to dump the train's computer software and finally discover the "stop working" flags and how to enable/disable them. Once this hit the news, other train maintenance companies with broken down engines tried the konami code and it worked. The hackers now sell jailbreaking kits to remove the train bricking code in the computer since the manufacturer broke/changed the konami code in an update after all of this hit the news.

https://badcyber.com/dieselgate-but-for-trains-some-heavyweight-hardware-hacking/

Update on this one, if anyone else is curious:

quote:

Polish train maker denies claims its software bricked rolling stock maintained by competitor - Says it was probably hacked, which isn't good news either

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Entropic posted:

Wow this is good

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Shooting Blanks posted:

quote:

Polish train maker denies claims its software bricked rolling stock maintained by competitor - Says it was probably hacked, which isn't good news either
Yeah this isn't corporate malfeasance it's... uh... our software that may govern if a horrific loss of life occurs or not. it is deeply compromised by hackers

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"We're not malicious, we're deeply incompetent in ways that may be felonious!" is definitely a defense of some kind.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
drat even John Deere isn't that savage lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"It's not what you think....

...it's worse"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
"we were hacked in a way that would specifically make our chief competitor look incompetent"

Spatule
Mar 18, 2003

That's cold. Not "in the schad thread" cold, but still, some dude died.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Benagain posted:

"we were hacked in a way that would specifically make our chief competitor look incompetent"
Perfect crime, no one would ever suspect the competitors.

I have to assume the hacked line is coming from the managers who requested and approved the change requests as they frantically cover their tracks.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Shooting Blanks posted:

Update on this one, if anyone else is curious:

quote:

Those dastardly unknown third-party hackers, specifically excluding the Newag workshops from the geofence triggers, and removing the cockpit reset code after it was publicised.

I am impressed that these mystery black-hat hackers went so far as to install a physical component that phoned home to Newag, though. That's some real next-level effort.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Non Compos Mentis posted:

you never been real gassy that you feel like you need a port to let it out?

next you're going to tell me you don't want a plug in your side that is a direct hole to one of your four stomachs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_St._Martin

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

CainFortea posted:

There is an OSHA requirement that forklift drivers be trained and certified by their employers before operating them, but there are only a few general guidelines on what that training will cover (Unless you can prove your business doesn't require that type of loading or whatever).

Also OSHA requirements are that training is to be refreshed every 3 years.

There is an exception in that if an employee says they've already been certified the employer can skip that.

There is no central authority or record keeping of this certification.

You can puncture 3 load bearing columns in a warehouse in one day, get fired, and then get hired by another company and if they don't actually call your old employer and ask, and actually get told why you got fired (which isn't really a guarantee), you can just say "Oh yea I got certified just last year to OSHA standards here's my cert" and there you go.

I've been certified like a dozen times and the most rigorous one was making me watch a 2 hour long VHS tape and then someone watched me start the forklift and drive off and that was it.

For $50, you too can be a low speed/high drag certified forklift operator.

https://usforkliftcertification.com/

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
My Guard training on the forklift consisted of taking a 4k out to a parking lot, picking up a concrete base sign then taking it back to the warehouse

Qualified

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Last time I was forklift certified it was my supervisor looking at my driver's license to waive the video and then going out to the parking lot and turning on the lift and the supervisor saying ayup.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

he really should have burnt off that gas
https://i.imgur.com/uIUYGwG.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

nomad2020 posted:

For $50, you too can be a low speed/high drag certified forklift operator.

https://usforkliftcertification.com/

comes with this hat

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Entropic posted:

Rare W for goon parodies.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
We took one morning off from welding in welding class at community college to watch a 1 hour video and then we lined up to do the little cone course in the parking lot with our one forklift. Rigor!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao

Wasn't there also a backpack for cows that captured the fart methane?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Dragons are ruminants

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scratch Monkey posted:

comes with this hat

LOL

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It may seem silly to you, but some of my fondest memories are of spending time with my family gathered around a bloated cow on a cold night, staying warm and telling spooky stories by the light of the fartflame

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
the GWP of methane is 34 times that of CO2, so a single cow creates as much global warming emmisions as one car.

by installing flames on all livestock cattle, we'd take the equivalent of 1.5 billion cars off the road.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

32 more of those and you could make orbit.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s the spherical cow’s reaction control system, for use in vacuum.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Spatule posted:

That's cold. Not "in the schad thread" cold, but still, some dude died.

I appreciate his spouse's commitment to continue the online argument in his place so that he can keep on postin' from beyond the grave

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Deteriorata posted:

32 more of those and you could make orbit.

this remake of Up sucks

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Qwijib0 posted:

the GWP of methane is 34 times that of CO2, so a single cow creates as much global warming emmisions as one car.

by installing flames on all livestock cattle, we'd take the equivalent of 1.5 billion cars off the road.

Capturing that gas and using the equivalent energy for cooking / cooling the resulting steaks, milk, milkshakes, butter, and cream would result in net negative lifecycle emissions! SBD (Sustainable Bovine Delikatessen)!!

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

When they announced they were shutting down because a fire caused some damage I was assuming some smouldering, maybe a little flame, not...this.

https://twitter.com/wjz/status/1732905327035617502

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/TlscSAo.mp4

If this were Final Destination that thing would shoot out of there and decapitate someone.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/TlscSAo.mp4

If this were Final Destination that thing would shoot out of there and decapitate someone.

You know I took a few calculus classes and I never realized how important log differentials would be.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

StormDrain posted:

You know I took a few calculus classes and I never realized how important log differentials would be.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I want to believe 1 log on 1 side did that and not the diff lock button in the cab