Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
In North America belligerents in these wars typically include large coffeehouses, such as Starbucks,[3] Dunkin',[3] McDonald's,[4] and Tim Hortons.[5]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The islands are known for a children's French camp. Activities include sand castle competitions and a night alone in the woods.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hydrogen fluoride is lighter than air and could theoretically be used as a lifting gas. However, it is extremely corrosive, highly toxic, expensive, is heavier than other lifting gases, and has a low boiling point of 19.5 °C. Its use would therefore be impractical.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

In the New York Times archives, the earliest reference is from 1993 when Arnold Schwarzenegger did it with the son of a film-crew member while on the set of Last Action Hero, saying: "Let's have five. Five high. Five low," at which point Schwarzenegger pulled his hand away saying "Too slow." The boy reportedly laughed.[24]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Fearful of Butts,[179]

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

goblin week posted:

Fearful of Butts,[179]

The Waylon Smithers Story

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sticky Vicky, was a Spanish ballet dancer and illusionist known for her vaginal magic show.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The Los Angeles Times reported that some of Kinkade's former colleagues, employees, and even collectors of his work said that he had a long history of cursing and heckling other artists and performers. The Times further reported that he openly fondled a woman's breasts at a South Bend, Indiana sales event, and alleged his proclivity for ritual territory marking by urination, once relieving himself on a Winnie the Pooh figure at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim while saying, "This one's for you, Walt."[40][41] In a letter to licensed gallery owners acknowledging he might have behaved badly during a stressful time when he overindulged in food and drink, Kinkade said accounts of the alcohol-related incidents included "exaggerated, and in some cases outright fabricated personal accusations". The letter did not address any incident specifically.[41]

In 2006, John Dandois, Media Arts Group executive, recounted a story that on one occasion six years previously, Kinkade became drunk at a Siegfried & Roy magic show in Las Vegas and began shouting "Codpiece! Codpiece!" at the performers. Eventually he was calmed by his mother.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i know fan wikis are cheating, but

Squirrelly Dan says "the" hockey team is providing security, but what this means is unclear. Reilly is wearing a Letterkenny Irish cap, but the other teammates seem youthful, and at least one is wearing a Letterkenny Shamrocks cap. Hiring the junior team for security is also unlikely, considering the ages of team members would be 16 to 20, and the drinking age in Ontario is 19. Rather than a hockey team, therefore, it might be more accurate to say simply the organizers had hired hockey players.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Themes covered include the meaning of the self, which the writers had studied in preparation.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The fallacy of four terms (Latin: quaternio terminorum) is the formal fallacy that occurs when a syllogism has four (or more) terms rather than the requisite three, rendering it invalid.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Peters has called for the execution of Hunter Biden, Dr Anthony Fauci, Catholic Charities workers, Taylor Swift, and Travis Kelce for reasons ranging from promoting COVID-19 vaccines and aiding migrants to being a "presidential failson".[30][31]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The English name comes from the term for "wrestling" in some Turkic language.[citation needed]

(probably meant languages plural but lol)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
On 23 January 2020, Terry Cavanagh, programmer of VVVVVV and Super Hexagon, created a VR version of Zombo.com.[12]

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

this is just a fun picture

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

FMguru posted:

On 23 January 2020, Terry Cavanagh, programmer of VVVVVV and Super Hexagon, created a VR version of Zombo.com.[12]

That's not useless. I'm glad he did that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mescal posted:

this is just a fun picture

meh, anyone can do that, once

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

haveblue posted:

meh, anyone can do that, once

I don't think I could decapitate myself.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

0008 Eric Burdon (September 3, 1969), singer – The Animals (mold failure, no cast)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I don't think I could decapitate myself.

yeah, I have this self-preservation instinct that makes me really not want to try.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

how are you gonna find out if you like it if you don't try?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Name origin

The name sounds similar to the obscenity "cocksucker". This was a deliberate choice by Cox and Zucker, who conceived of the idea of coauthoring a paper in 1970, while first-year graduate students at Princeton University, for the express purpose of enabling this joke. They followed through on it five years later, as members of the faculty at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.[3] As Cox explained in a memorial tribute to Zucker in Notices of the American Mathematical Society in 2021: "A few weeks after we met, we realized that we had to write a joint paper because the combination of our last names, in the usual alphabetical order, is remarkably obscene."[3]

See also
Cox ring

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

always been a big fan of the cox-zucker machine even if i dont know what it does

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
It is necessary at the outset to make clear what “cassette culture” refers to in regard to this article.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Other names in politics which could be regarded as gag names include John Boehner, Harry Baals, Dick Armey, and Tiny Kox (although Boehner's surname is properly pronounced "bay-ner", someone who has not heard the name in news coverage could mispronounce it as "boner", while Kox's name could be vulgar in English ("cocks"), but not in his home nation's Dutch).

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The aircraft was usually referred to by the British as simply "Concorde".[311] In France it was known as "le Concorde" due to "le", the definite article,[312] used in French grammar to introduce the name of a ship or aircraft,[313] and the capital being used to distinguish a proper name from a common noun of the same spelling.[312][314] In French, the common noun concorde means "agreement, harmony, or peace". [N 8]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

(although Boehner's surname is properly pronounced "bay-ner", someone who has not heard the name in news coverage could mispronounce it as "boner"

this is a bunch of bullshit that john boehner made up because he's a pathetic weenie who can't own his own name. not a single other person on the planet named boehner pronounces it "bayner."

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Paging PhazonLink

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

a pathetic weenie who can't own his own name.

wheynhey

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The show was also notable for featuring the actress Jennifer Grey playing herself, the source of a running joke related to her real-life rhinoplasty.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

ColTim posted:

It is necessary at the outset to make clear what “cassette culture” refers to in regard to this article.

lol this whole article is written in such un-wikipedia language. Also it has a link in a heading, which is weird to see.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

Other names in politics which could be regarded as gag names include John Boehner, Harry Baals, Dick Armey, and Tiny Kox (although Boehner's surname is properly pronounced "bay-ner", someone who has not heard the name in news coverage could mispronounce it as "boner", while Kox's name could be vulgar in English ("cocks"), but not in his home nation's Dutch).

Luckily, there's no other way to pronounce Bonar Law

edit: oh wait its pronounced Bonn-er. lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Ludicrous speed" redirects here. For the Tesla vehicular mode, see Tesla Model S.
"Plaid speed" redirects here. For the Tesla vehicular mode, see Tesla Model S § Palladium (Plaid).

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

this is a bunch of bullshit that john boehner made up because he's a pathetic weenie who can't own his own name. not a single other person on the planet named boehner pronounces it "bayner."

it’s pronounced “bouquet” energy

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

In later life, he said that he invented the term to increase the "respectability" of puppetry, a medium that he had not originally intended to work with. According to Sylvia, the productions were described as "Supermarionation" to distinguish them from traditional puppet theatre. Noting that a major disadvantage of APF's marionettes was their inability to walk convincingly, commentators have argued that the term expressed Gerry's preference for artistic realism and his wish to make the company's puppet techniques more lifelike.[2][3]

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

(The entire article appears to have had links added by a psycho)

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Clay, I want to vape

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Dog excrement was reportedly left at his property.[79]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Boulez refused to conduct Bedford's work on the grounds that audience members would interrupt other pieces on the programme with their kazoos.[1]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Thought-Action Fusion (TAF) is a polyseme defining false beliefs or self-confusing mind wandering about a biased and painful association/fusion between subjects' spontaneous thoughts and imaginary latent egodystonic desires or magical-thinking capabilities.[1][2] These imaginary latent egodystonic desires or magical-thinking capabilities generally express harmful actions/behaviours (e.g. compulsions) that subjects appraise as highly possible, even though they have never existed so far.[1][2][3]