Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

fool of sound posted:

I had a setup spec thought while driving: the lack of a Groke claim makes me think that they're town hostile. If their wincon is just "get the item" then why would they just not claim, given that Windward offered to give it back? With that in mind, it might be safer to kill windward and deny an item that could power them up. Am I off base?

fool of sound posted:

Actually I guess Windward could be a bounty hunter targeting Groke and wants them to reveal themselves. That could make sense too. Hmm.

A lot of people think 3P hunting is scummy behavior generally.
1) I'm not sure I'm one of them.
2) Hard to say in this game specifically, given Wind originally brought it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

TPC why did you decide to move your vote off Josef at the last minute yesterday? Especially since you’re immediately back to them today:

Came out of the gate pretty aggro, that'd be bold as scum, probably?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

fos is sarcastic and a bit defensive as scum but i don't think to this degree

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

They do not always follow through

Still think I have always followed through, but I could be wrong here.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Jesus christ. I'm making a joke about stupid rear end mafia cliches like "scum flailing" or apparently "effectively hammered" that serve only as confirmation bias.

These posts are "pretty frustrated" tone, which leans townier in general, I think?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Wait are you claiming that you were roleblocked or are just theorizing?

This was a reasonable push, I think. Town RB's are rare. If FoS is scum, they know the answer. It doesn't actually make a difference to the case on FoS I think. So it's legit scum hunting and trying to get info. I like this, feels townie.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'm town you fools

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

This is so hilarious that I interrupted my actual compilation post to count posts. This is what that looks like since I first voted you yesterday

TPC: 36
Josef: 35
Ham: 23
Trajan: 21

Obama: 7
Maer: 5
Cube: 3
Schwinn: 3
Moritz: 2
Toad: 1

All four people controlling the "conversation" are voting the same direction. The four of you represent 3 of the last 3.25 pages of posts despite being in agreement where it actually counts. No wonder the thread is loving quiet now! Trajan, with the lowest postcount of the four, is tied for total posts with all six of the quieter people combined!

This is weird effort. Scum FoS in Touhou didn't do this. I'm not sure I've seen town FoS do anything like this either.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Hey TPC why did you fake moving your vote to josef

And then a bunch of VF bickering.

With a day left, I'm NOT interested in hammering FoS right now.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

shwinnebego posted:

fos is sarcastic and a bit defensive as scum but i don't think to this degree

I will say that as far as tone goes, This is not all that different from when FoS was a cop in star control Mafia. I still think the cases is he's trying to make are stinky though

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CubicalSucrose posted:

And then a bunch of VF bickering.

With a day left, I'm NOT interested in hammering FoS right now.

Cube between tpc, beet, and tmor who would you read as scum

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Oh poo poo I can get cube to hammer
##vote Stalin

JS is currently at -2. Will reread them now.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I'm gonna lol so hard If FoS gets cold feet and moves his vote off of Josef

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Cube between tpc, beet, and tmor who would you read as scum

TPC townie. Beet has been posting reasonable which...is probably NAI. TMor I think has a good chance of flipping Grook/Groke. Traj also might be Grook/Groke, there was some weirdness with the translation naming that I never went back and sorted out.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Scum probably won't kill me because I attract so much useful diverted attention for them, but my full claim:

I'm sniff, and I'm a bodyguard. There's a bit more to it than that that I want to keep to myself just in case I somehow survive today, but that's the role in essence. Last night I protected TPC, wondering if scum would go after them to hit what I was reading as a good town read and keep the suspicion high on myself.

This is an interesting claim. If there's a hostile 3P it could even be a scum role basically as-is. It's a risky thing to wholecloth fakeclaim since bg's are common enough that you'd be counterclaimed reasonably often?

Huh.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

I think I'd be interested in casing the lurkers a bit - yesterday was town v. town and they'd be content just sitting there and letting things keep rolling. They knew today would open up with suspicion on me too, so they hit another lurker and could hope to skate by off that

Pretty confident scum-mindset post.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

I didn't even think about whether I could self target, now I'm gonna ask the mod

Honestly don't think scum will kill me as long as I'm keeping suspicion and attention of them anyway. And my flip could implicate them

This last bit makes me feel townier on JS.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Now that wind ended up flipping town, I'm lean town but not as strongly on shwinn. Shwinn gave a good case for Wind and my gut believes them - but I'm a bit torn as to whether their ambivalence about the vote DESPITE making a stronger anti-town case on wind came from the fact that scum didn't truly care who got dunked. Won't vote today but not cleared

I don't really agree with this Shwinn case, but it's not unreasonable.

My Shwinn ping is driven by it being Shwinn + JS. So if JS really is town, then Shwinn does come off townier.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Just lazy spec, I forget who but someone earlier in the thread speculated 3 scum and noted past ilu setups. Doesn't matter that much because we take it one scum at a time

I slipped a ton of times as scum, I remember in the 99% historical mafia I slipped a speculative aspect of my fake claim that absolutely would have outed me as faking but thankfully no one noticed. I talked about "trying" to increase my beauty but didnt know if you ACTUALLY could since I wasn't able to do it - and no one had confirmed it in thread. I'm sure there's more but there's always scumslips we just don't always catch them

Naw FoS is my vote for the day still - though I'm increasingly furrowing my brow at people sussing me for not immediately voting for someone 24 hours + before the deadline, and when TPC and I have been dominating the discussion.

TPC's tryhard scumhunting is perfectly balancing some of the insane tunneling and flailing accusations to the point where I'm constantly pingponging back and forth with a scumread/townread on them. Still more scum than town but

If this is a taunting post, well, gently caress me I guess.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

soooooo did anyone get Hal's ruby

Hal only backs up Power Role, but Wind flipped as Vanilla.

##vote TMor

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Note, I should reread Maer at some point later.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

CubicalSucrose posted:

Do you have a link to this? I'd love to read the game. I'll try and dig it up later I guess.

I can’t find it anymore in my post history, it may be in the SA Archives? It probably would have been around 2008 or so?

CubicalSucrose posted:

I would vote JS, I'd vote Shwinn. Need to reread FoS entirely because I'm not sure I see why they're at -2 right now.

Myself personally I’d go Shwinne over Josef.

CubicalSucrose posted:

This was an early flavorclaim that seems townie. Was sufficient for not pressuring D1, unsure about D2.

I had missed this.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Note, I should reread Maer at some point later.

And Toad. Last night I thought Toad was townie D1.

Votecount for Day 2

JosefStalinator (4): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, fool of sound, shwinnebego, ObamaAkbar., shwinnebego, shwinnebego, Tea Party Crasher
fool of sound (3): hambeet, Tea Party Crasher, trajanmax, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher
Tired Moritz (3): Toadsmash, Maerlyn, CubicalSucrose
Tea Party Crasher (0): fool of sound, fool of sound, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator

Not Voting (1): Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 09th, 2023 at 11 p.m. EET -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CubicalSucrose posted:

If this is a taunting post, well, gently caress me I guess.

It wasn't aimed at you, was just the most recent example I could think of. I also kinda scumslipped in cultivation mafia in loving uo my fake claim - that one was caught

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

JosefStalinator posted:

It wasn't aimed at you, was just the most recent example I could think of. I also kinda scumslipped in cultivation mafia in loving uo my fake claim - that one was caught

Really? Is that happening here also?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

##vote TMor

Wtf

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

##vote TMor

what?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Reread Wind's flip and TMor's posts and tell me TMor isn't the Groke, which seems like a bad thing for town.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 09th, 2023 at 11 p.m. EET -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Also I will,definitely NOT be around as day two winds down tomorrow. I will be traveling to work.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Reread Wind's flip and TMor's posts and tell me TMor isn't the Groke, which seems like a bad thing for town.

If this is accurate, plus your real reasoning, at worst that would mean tmor is in irrelevant 3P Who can no longer get the item they need to be a threat. Come on hunt scum!!!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

+3 scum points for Cube. Very disappointed see me after class

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

If this is accurate, plus your real reasoning, at worst that would mean tmor is in irrelevant 3P Who can no longer get the item they need to be a threat. Come on hunt scum!!!

Why can't TMor be scum?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

I see no evidence that TMor is Groke

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not sure I buy the leap to tmor being groke, but I can see lurky scum

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Why can't TMor be scum?

Oh no, don't put this on me, you were the one arguing that you're voting for them because they are the Groke, and as best as speculation can tell they are probably 3P.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

JosefStalinator posted:

Not sure I buy the leap to tmor being groke, but I can see lurky scum

Even Josef is making a better case for why tmor is scummy. Josef!!!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Rereading TPC is interesting because they give the appearance of scum hunting but the overall pattern is just tunneling josef or fos. I don't hear curiosity from TPC at all and it started yesterday with the votes on wind.

You know what I'm not going to vote wind. Sorry wind I will not grant you the death that you crave

Sorry Wind but you've been sentenced to LIFE

anyway ##vote Stalin

Sorry but my gut just says no to a wind vote.

Knowing Wind is not scum it's easy to put your foot down and die on that hill, turning your attention to other people and preparing your arguments for when Wind flips town, which is what you did immediately starting D2 with Josef

Agreed, wind was the perfect scapegoat for scum. The question is would scum hop on early or late?

Josef hopped on early and refused to budge despite never calling wind scum, pure policy vote.

Fool hopped on late, and whether he intended to or not it did result in wind being hammered. Fool explains this as him being concerned there would be a no lunch. Why, in those last moments before placing his vote, he didn't voice his suspicion about us moving our votes off of Josef, I don't know, but he sure feels strongly about it today and wants to hold us accountable for Josef not being the lunch even though his contribution to that vote was early on and he didn't even try to wrangle us back into voting on Josef again.

TPC's demeanor is wildly off from previous games I've been in with them (Alaskan cruise, Hydra) and it's making me very suspicious

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Also Cube you realize this makes your behavior with the hammering look bad right? Yesterday you were gung-ho for immediately lunching wind, but now that it's someone else up on the block you're like "oh errrm guys I actually want to vote someone with only one other vote on them that was also barely explained, because I think that tmor might be The toothless Groke Who didn't get the item they needed in order to be threatening"

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

Rereading TPC is interesting because they give the appearance of scum hunting but the overall pattern is just tunneling josef or fos. I don't hear curiosity from TPC at all and it started yesterday with the votes on wind.

Are you reading the thread at all? Yes I've put a lot of pressure on Josef, but I've been prodding plenty of other people. I've had spats with FoS multiple times today, I prodded at hambeet for his voting behavior, I have voted for Shwinn and called him scummy for the way he tried to lie about my strategy yesterday morning, and I'm grilling cube literally right now. Why heck, I'm calling you out for lying! So your attempt to narrow my input to "just FoS and Josef" Is dishonest and noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Are you reading the thread at all? Yes I've put a lot of pressure on Josef, but I've been prodding plenty of other people. I've had spats with FoS multiple times today, I prodded at hambeet for his voting behavior, I have voted for Shwinn and called him scummy for the way he tried to lie about my strategy yesterday morning, and I'm grilling cube literally right now. Why heck, I'm calling you out for lying! So your attempt to narrow my input to "just FoS and Josef" Is dishonest and noted

Oh yes you're right, cube not hammering Josef a day early IS scummy 🤔