Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is going to be so loving funny when he signs eith LA in like 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

rickiep00h posted:

Spouse works for Lou's in IT. There's no way they could pull it off, I assure you. It's hard enough to get a menu change to make it to all departments and then go out to all the stores. If there's something super-secret going on, we'd all know by now.

That said, Mark Malnati DOES personally test the tomatoes for quality and the tomatoes come from... California...???? OHTANI CHICAGO CONFIRMED???

What's another favourite pizza topping? Onions. What does "Chicago" mean? It's a translation of the Miami-Illinois word for onions...

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Zisky posted:

Whoever called that it was some exec coming back from Disneyland with his family, take a bow.

I'm surprised I didn't notice the dude's initials in plane's serial because a lot of famous people do that like Travolta (N707JT)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

maffew buildings posted:

he's going to just stay in anaheim because he already has an apartment and knows the walk to the stadium, book it

this is what i'd bet on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if he was home the whole time how did his people let this go on for like 5 hours lmao

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Have every baseball journalist lined up against a wall and shot imo

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

if he was home the whole time how did his people let this go on for like 5 hours lmao

He doesn't care and it rules.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Because it's incredibly funny

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Ohtani in the wake of Robertsgate telling the Dodgers "Your arrogance offends me, and for that the price just went up 10%" and really going to the hilt trying to make them believe he'll go sign with Toronto, no really I'm serious, you'd better goose that offer right now because I'm gonna do it, don't test me, you'll be sorry

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Thank you Mr. Ohtani sir for making me feel good about baseball for 5 hours. Wish he would have waited another 3 so I could've at least got drunk on the way up.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

https://x.com/jordancicchelli/status/1733257353535865255?s=20

I bet his phone had some good notifications as soon as he landed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Tony Phillips posted:

Kelly comics CHAOS ha ha YES! dot jpg

:sickos:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sydin posted:

He doesn't care and it rules.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shohei's not at his house in California he's at my goddamn house for some reason and his dog is chewing up my poo poo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BenSteiner00/status/1733256808821600662

lol maybe you shoulda confirmed that. Dude is done.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Zisky posted:

Whoever called that it was some exec coming back from Disneyland with his family, take a bow.

:bow:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
lol. Shohei is absolutely not signing with Morosi.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's really bad for Morosi if Ohtani signs with LAA or LAD, huh.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone posted:

JUST SIGN THE loving CHECK ARTE

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I dunno if that’s enough money there

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MJeff posted:

That's really bad for Morosi if Ohtani signs with LAA or LAD, huh.

It's already bad, he tried to Woj it up and then got dogwalked by Bob of all people. Even if he does sign in TOR he was massively wrong on scoops at least twice today, no one will ever take him seriously again.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Popete posted:

This all a deep scheme by the masters of the NWO a secretive group based out of Chicago who are using Ohtani rumors to sow chaos and discord before announcing his signing with the Cubs.

They are called the Lou Malnati

Fuckin Eric Bischoff

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Fuckin Eric Bischoff

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/BenSteiner00/status/1733256808821600662

lol maybe you shoulda confirmed that. Dude is done.

Honestly feels like the response from reporters who feel salty Ohtani isn't being fully open with them is to just uncritically report on every incidental rumor they hear no matter the source or plausibility.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sydin posted:

Honestly feels like the response from reporters who feel salty Ohtani isn't being fully open with them is to just uncritically report on every incidental rumor they hear no matter the source or plausibility.

Mmmm, I think he probably went way further out on a limb than anyone else. Well except that opera singer, that guys done in the sports journalism world too.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Rosenthal reported that Scherzer was going to the Padres before he was traded to the Dodgers. He's hated in San Diego but his job has otherwise been unaffected. If Ohtani signs elsewhere, Blue Jays fans will hate Morosi but he'll be fine.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/jz2016cubs/status/1733263454671196542

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Sydin posted:

It's probably not even salt. They are just so incompetent because they are used to being hand fed every piece of information they report from front prices or agents that they have no idea how journalism works and what verification means. Everything they report is the truth because it comes from someone official so they have no idea what to do when they actually have to gather information for themselves.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm cannot stand hoping

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

R.D. Mangles posted:

It was a test, and one the city of Toronto failed

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

pseudodragon posted:

It's probably not even salt. They are just so incompetent because they are used to being hand fed every piece of information they report from front prices or agents that they have no idea how journalism works and what verification means. Everything they report is the truth because it comes from someone official so they have no idea what to do when they actually have to gather information for themselves.

Yeah probably much better put.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Today was the test of who could avoid the keyboard. (not me obv lol)

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 9, 2023

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Of all the billionaires in North America, what are the odds that a famous one would be on that plane?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

live with fruit posted:

Of all the billionaires in North America, what are the odds that a famous one would be on that plane?

All billionaires are famous to some degree. It brings me no pleasure to report this

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

https://x.com/toloveamariner/status/1733261493205192830?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

He rejects your offer of a 3-2 count and a walk and responds with a 1-2 count, a fielder's choice and 4 strikes to be returned to him later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Why does this mfer want to move to toronto anyway, toronto sucks