Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

*sobbing* Please, I'm trying. I'm really trying!

Roald?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Trevor's quaver when he goes "you never make them touch man", such an incredible touch

:rip:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

*sobbing* Please, I'm trying. I'm really trying!

Are you Skid Maher

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Phy posted:

Roald?

Steurt!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Oh, that's her hand. I thought Scoob was standing on Velma's backfat

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

credburn posted:

Geez, Velma isn't that thicc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Fred is strong

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Canterbury tales :rolleyes:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Canterbury tails :rolleyes:

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

HPanda posted:

Canterbury tails

:cheersdoge:

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Peak internet.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

credburn posted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Owl/eeyore crossover

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Hitz from tha joooong

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Hey that's in my family cookbook too

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Boomer humor is never original or funny

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Oh blow it out your turkey

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Mary Chic(?) David Jackie Scotty Amy Susan Bob Peter Donna Stephen Meg Bill Liao Arvoh Carhemihe Aerer Frbckaelstyhamz

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

credburn posted:

Mary Chic(?) David Jackie Scotty Amy Susan Bob Peter Donna Stephen Meg Bill Liao Arvoh Carhemihe Aerer Frbckaelstyhamz

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

Soul Dentist posted:

Hey that's in my family cookbook too

I wonder if the inclusion of the popcorn is intended as an indicator for when the bird is ready, ie the interior is at a certain temperature? For goose certainly you can get little tabs that you push in to the breast which will pop out when it is cooked.

Speaking of goose, and the goose poo poo green yarn, there was a particularly unpleasant shade of mustard yellow-green which was popular on cars in the 1970s and 80s which, my father informs me, was known in the trade as 'baby poo poo green'.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

What the bird looks like after having popcorn blown out its rear end.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

CuriousSymptoms posted:

I wonder if the inclusion of the popcorn is intended as an indicator for when the bird is ready, ie the interior is at a certain temperature? For goose certainly you can get little tabs that you push in to the breast which will pop out when it is cooked.

Speaking of goose, and the goose poo poo green yarn, there was a particularly unpleasant shade of mustard yellow-green which was popular on cars in the 1970s and 80s which, my father informs me, was known in the trade as 'baby poo poo green'.

It literally says cook until the corn pops so yeah when the novelty exploding Hoover-administration-era joke recipe stuffing destroys the turkey it's ready to eat

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

CuriousSymptoms posted:

I don’t know about within the industry but certainly in the 70s and 80s we as kids called that horrible chartreuse shade “baby poo poo green”.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My parents once "bought" (for $1, to keep it legal) a VW Rabbit from a family friend. His wife insisted it was Inca brown, but to everyone else, it was only ever monkeyshit brown. An evocative description; I won't argue with that.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

(In the USA) the drab desaturated cultural color scheme of the 70s was a rejection of the bright saturated cultural color scheme of the 60s.

Then the '80s and '90s brought in hypercolor and day-glo and I'm not sure there's been a cultural decade-based palette since.

Except for one:

stringless has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Dec 10, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Really sling-shotted back into bright neon and sparkle glam in the 80s

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

FFT posted:

(In the USA) the drab desaturated cultural color scheme of the 70s was a rejection of the bright saturated cultural color scheme of the 60s.

Then the '80s and '90s brought in hypercolor and day-glo and I'm not sure there's been a cultural decade-based palette since.

Except for one:

There's a white car on my block with this on the side

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mauser posted:

Hell yeah.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mauser posted:

Hell yeah.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

CuriousSymptoms posted:

It's a joke, popcorn needs to be way above boiling to pop - like around 200C/400F. You're turkey wouldn't just need to be on fire, it would need to have already burned to ashes before anything happens to that popcorn.

The really unhinged part is the seasoning of salt, pepper, and baking soda.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Baking soda is a standard dry brine ingredient. Level up your drat turkeys.

E..wait that's in the stuffing, lol. I don't actually know what that's trying to do.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zedprime posted:

Baking soda is a standard dry brine ingredient. Level up your drat turkeys.

I think you mean baking powder for the dry brine?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Subjunctive posted:

I think you mean baking powder for the dry brine?
I've heard of both but looking into it more, it's possible that by the time you add enough baking soda to affect the browning you can also taste baking soda. So probably don't listen to me about turkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I knew Americans loved their soda but this is ridiculous :v: