Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

:shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Datamined leaks: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/leaks-and-updates

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I'm being baited with the Shuraig mate.

Also have a Funny Skill intensive deck i've been playing since I saw it
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/top-decks/win-streaks/november-2023/umi-control/thepacifistrat/Pgf2M

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheFlyingLlama posted:

it is a very cool idea that always seems to end up with like, 3 people making fun underpowered decks, one person playing outright garbage and 2 more running "blue eyes/DM" that's actually just 35 staple cards and 4 actual alleged engine cards"

Still like my idea of a format where participants are given a deck from a semi-randomized pool of preconstructed decks(with a small pool of extra cards to add a small amount of customization) with the idea that while every deck has its own strengths and weaknesses none of them are capable of dominating the whole format(outside of random chance shenanigans like someone only ending up going against decks theirs is strong against)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

drrockso20 posted:

Still like my idea of a format where participants are given a deck from a semi-randomized pool of preconstructed decks(with a small pool of extra cards to add a small amount of customization) with the idea that while every deck has its own strengths and weaknesses none of them are capable of dominating the whole format(outside of random chance shenanigans like someone only ending up going against decks theirs is strong against)

isn't this kind of what those Speed Duel boxes are, except i guess with normal rules

it's really too bad YGO doesn't work well with sealed/draft outside of precons.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

What if Speed Duels used the Speed Chess rules is going to be insane.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Calling it now the 2024 lp duel is all self-ftk.

Unless they don’t use the medal reward system.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

They have to blanket ban every burn card because that is any burn carf and 2 level tins.

It's Gustav turbo

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Let the games begin:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lol

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I just won a game where I ended up on a board of Bystial Dis Pater, Baronne de Fleur, Thunder Dragon Colossus and Chaos Angel made with Light and Dark, with my opponent starting their turn with two cards in hand. This deck barely has anything going second, but when it fires off going first, it's something else.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

People routinely maxx c me in the draw or standby phase before I get the chance to even do anything. Meanwhile, I can only maxx c people in the main phase and as response to them playing cards. What option don't I have clicked right?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

People routinely maxx c me in the draw or standby phase before I get the chance to even do anything. Meanwhile, I can only maxx c people in the main phase and as response to them playing cards. What option don't I have clicked right?

You've got detection on Auto probably. Set it to "On" or hold left mouse to turn it to ON while you click it as you go into end phase and it'll check immedietly on draw phase.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You've got detection on Auto probably. Set it to "On" or hold left mouse to turn it to ON while you click it as you go into end phase and it'll check immedietly on draw phase.

There's also a setting to automatically change it to a specific priority on turn change.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Lost to Rescue Ace at locals tonight, went 2-1 with Centur-Ion. Good poo poo. Rescue ace is absolutely insane.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Moderoid Accesscode Talker model kit coming.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TaurusOxford posted:

Moderoid Accesscode Talker model kit coming.

ok but when do i get an AA-ZEUS gunpla

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ok but when do i get an AA-ZEUS gunpla

https://twitter.com/House_of_Champs/status/1669726541322805249?lang=en eventually

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lmao how did i miss that, i need that so bad

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/UncrownedJules/status/1735121514834636893

Came across this while scrolling Twitter. Unrelated to the topic being discussed, but I'd love it if my local game store offered this. I'd gladly pay a little over average market price if it meant skipping the headache of dealing with sites like CardMarket.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
1x Purrleyeap? what a ripoff!!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You all need to watch the first duel in this video. It's the nexus of all war crime cards, resulting in some really absurd poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYXUIpjR7sg

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Honestly, I'm surprised that Master Duel is even coded to handle all that.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios posted:

Honestly, I'm surprised that Master Duel is even coded to handle all that.

The power of scalable code and 32 bit integers

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I'm just trying to imagine somebody doing that in cardboard and having a barrel of tokens next to the table.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Someone should do that irl like the 2000 card deck specifically to demonstrate how dumb the rule is which specifies that you must use discrete tokens and not something like a spindown die

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Someone should do that irl like the 2000 card deck specifically to demonstrate how dumb the rule is which specifies that you must use discrete tokens and not something like a spindown die

How many dice would you need to represent THAT combo?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cleretic posted:

A couple dozen d100s or so might do it.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Went 2-1 at locals with Centurion, got my cheeks clapped by Labrynth

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Haven't bought a lot of the new packs in MD because I've been building Speedroids and Windwitch (they're both shockingly fun and good)

Anyway I opened my first 10 set of the new pack and pulling cards is so easy girls,

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I pulled an SP so once again I need to reiterate to everyone that gambling is FTW and is guaranteed to make you money

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

This games ez just pull what you need.

Simple as

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Second Stage closed out. There seems to be a lot of variety, though not many decklists out yet. Nonetheless, here is second place:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
A decklist for ants????

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Standard VS list with some kash and bystial techs

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pleasantly surprised that VS managed to place that high despite its occasional brickiness. That list is actually pretty similar to mine, except I'm running Small World instead of Desires as my consistency booster

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cleretic posted:

King of Solomon posted:

A couple dozen d100s or so might do it.

Reminder that according to official yugioh tournament policy, you can't use a die or something to represent a number if counters, you actually do need to use the exact number of physical counters :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Julias posted:

Reminder that according to official yugioh tournament policy, you can't use a die or something to represent a number if counters, you actually do need to use the exact number of physical counters :v:

Showing up to the tournament and i place a bag of rice on the table.

"youll know whats its for soon" I say, smirking

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Forbidden and limited list update:

Newly forbidden:

Agido The Ancient Sentinel
Kelbek The Ancient Vanguard
Mathmech Circular
Isolde, Two Tales of the Noble Knights

Newly limited:

Unchained Soul of Sharvara
Rescue-ACE Air Lifter
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Orcust Harp Horror
Gozen Match
Rivalry of Warlords
There Can Only Be One
Sunavalon Dryas
Sunvine Healer
Ib The World Chalice Justicar
Snatch Steal

Newly semi-limited:

Purrely Sleep Memory
Dinowrestler Pankratops
Speedroid Terrortop

Newly unlimited:

Infernity Archfiend
Kashtira Unicorn
Mind Control
Spellbook of Judgement
Upstart Goblin
Pot of Desires
Spright Starter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Snatch Steal unbanned after like 20 years is wild.