Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't believe Ryan North saved the Marvel Universe from Covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thunderbolts was really good. I'm not really sold on this version of Val, but the first issue didn't waste any time and I'm looking forward to Natasha and Yelena joining the cast.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Snowy posted:

:respek:

Thanks! And I think I always had a little ROM insecurity, besides it being a toy spinoff I never knew anyone else who got into it.

I never even found out how it all ended! Glad he and Brandy got to repopulate Galador together :wiggle:

And now he’s getting an omnibus? Awesome. I’m a little disappointed it isn’t called ROMNIBUS but I’ll manage.

I agree. Marvel zombies was the zomnibus after all

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

90sgamer posted:

I actually liked that character and thought she was a better fit for peter

I can respect your opinion when it comes to liking the character but I am genuinely curious why you think she is a better fit for Peter.

90sgamer posted:

I remember they turned her into a goblin or lizard or some poo poo and then I stopped reading 616 spider man

She got turned into a Goblin, turned back and then she left New York for a bit.Then she came back in the Spencer run and was friends with MJ for a bit since they both knew Peter was Spider-man and then she vanished with the switchover to the Wells run.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
You go through your life thinking you're pretty open minded and not dogmatic about the kind of things you like in your comics, and then you see Miles Morales make a lightsaber of his bioeletric discharge powers and just write off an entire storyline

I might like it less than Wolverine's hot claws, even

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Yvonmukluk posted:

I can respect your opinion when it comes to liking the character but I am genuinely curious why you think she is a better fit for Peter.

Carlie had a lot of interesting parallels to Peter and could've made for a good member of his supporting cast, but the combination of being named after Quesada's daughter and being the first love interest introduced post-Brand New Day meant she was essentially DOA.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OnimaruXLR posted:

You go through your life thinking you're pretty open minded and not dogmatic about the kind of things you like in your comics, and then you see Miles Morales make a lightsaber of his bioeletric discharge powers and just write off an entire storyline

Even if the sword by itself isn't going too far, seems like a bad precedent to set that he can make solid constructs out of electricity. Like, this character is built around spider powers, right?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lobok posted:

Even if the sword by itself isn't going too far, seems like a bad precedent to set that he can make solid constructs out of electricity. Like, this character is built around spider powers, right?

It's pretty random, so I will wait and see if it comes up again. Especially in his own title.

Spider-Man hasn't stabbed anyone with his blades in a minute, now that I think about it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

Carlie had a lot of interesting parallels to Peter and could've made for a good member of his supporting cast, but the combination of being named after Quesada's daughter and being the first love interest introduced post-Brand New Day meant she was essentially DOA.

Yeah, I had no problem with her as a member of Peter's supporting cast when she came back in the Spencer run, it's the 'she is a better fit for Peter' I'm curious about.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It's pretty random, so I will wait and see if it comes up again. Especially in his own title.

Spider-Man hasn't stabbed anyone with his blades in a minute, now that I think about it.

He lost thoser along with his organic webshooters after OMD. They never explained why, just 'he lost those powers, shutupstopasking'.

Regaridng Miles' zappy sword I have to respect the writer coming out and saying 'yeah, I did this just because I love anime'.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Er...I kinda want Tony & Emma to stay a thing for a good long while. Is that wrong?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The writer gives them a lot of chemistry, it's really good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sentinel Red posted:

Er...I kinda want Tony & Emma to stay a thing for a good long while. Is that wrong?

:hfive: If it is, I don't wanna be right

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Yeah, I'm not sure I want anyone other than Gerry Duggan writing them together but I'm fully onboard with the pairing.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I did groan when Emma described herself as sapiosexual but otherwise I'd agree that it's a good pair.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
On the topic of Peter's love life if they won't commit to either MJ or Felicia I think the best route would be to instead just pair him up with a b or c tier heroine who doesn't currently have a book of their own and/or isn't part of any active teams

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I enjoyed Peter and Bobbi Morse together during the post Superior era. It was never going to be long term but it was a fun dynamic, even if it came out of nowhere.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm really into tony and emma's undoubtedly brief romance to be followed by being eternal bitter exes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Emma's too good for Tony.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Good post/avatar combo.

As much as everyone was dreading Tony/Emma, it has been quite fun. I'm surprised Tony Stark and WIlson Fisk haven't been involved with the Hellfire Club sooner.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

Good post/avatar combo.

As much as everyone was dreading Tony/Emma, it has been quite fun. I'm surprised Tony Stark and WIlson Fisk haven't been involved with the Hellfire Club sooner.

Yeah that's one of those things that just clicks when you actually see it, like "yeah, of course these two would have been hanging around that joint" (especially when Tony was in his real piece of poo poo pre-Iron Man days)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Who was dreading Tony and Emma?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was baffled by it because how would that even happen? via a wacky sitcom plot, as it turned out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Emma's too good for Tony.

Right, she needs to get with Steve.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Civil War 3: Battle for the White Queen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Yeah that's one of those things that just clicks when you actually see it, like "yeah, of course these two would have been hanging around that joint" (especially when Tony was in his real piece of poo poo pre-Iron Man days)

You wouldn't have liked me. White suits, thin mustache, vodka martini, arms dealer. I used to be a real piece of poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

She'd have to make him stop thinking she looks like his mom, though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dawgstar posted:

Can't wait for the "Steve wants to gently caress his mom" flashback that makes this work

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

Who was dreading Tony and Emma?

History of the Marvel Universe #6 came out in December 2019, teasing that Tony Stark and Emma Frost would get married. Plenty of people on this forum, and I was probably among them, were gnashing their teeth at the idea of it happening. We had that dread hanging over us for like three and a half years, and it ended up turning out alright.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the various promo images and covers about their lavish wedding attended by all of their family and friends turned out to be completely fake, though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it would be funny if marvel did the opposite of dc's giant batman/catwoman fakeout by making the joke tony/emma marriage stay

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

it would be funny if marvel did the opposite of dc's giant batman/catwoman fakeout by making the joke tony/emma marriage stay

They kind of did that with Rogue and Gambit.
While their relationship was quite solid beforehand (there was a Kelly Thompson series specifically about it a while earlier.) the whole event was about Colosus and how Kate would want to settle for him and that didn't turn out well. Rogue and Gambit decided to marry in the spur of the moment since all their friends where already there anyway and the venue was paid. As far as I'm aware, their relationship remained solid since then. But I haven't really read X-Men comics in years, so who knows?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

While their relationship was quite solid beforehand (there was a Kelly Thompson series specifically about it a while earlier.) the whole event was about Colosus and how Kate would want to settle for him and that didn't turn out well. Rogue and Gambit decided to marry in the spur of the moment since all their friends where already there anyway and the venue was paid. As far as I'm aware, their relationship remained solid since then. But I haven't really read X-Men comics in years, so who knows?

Nah, they've had 2 different minis as a couple and are still hitched.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Still solid. They had another mini-series recently where they had a momentary disagreement, but it as worked out by the end. Currently they are on separate teams during the Fall of X period, but their relationship is still good overall.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they've had relatively normal problems since they got married, like how rogue's parents absolutely despise gambit.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OnimaruXLR posted:

TWO Spider-Men currently have magic glowswords, btw.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gambit and Rogue probably have the healthiest relationship outside of the Fantastic Four.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Open Marriage Night posted:

Gambit and Rogue probably have the healthiest relationship outside of the Fantastic Four.

I would put Billy and Teddy above them but I love both couples.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

You’re right. Gay space kings win. Sexy mutants with accents aren’t far behind.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What about Luke Cage and Jessica Jones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
How is black bolt and Medusa’s marriage? absorbing man and titania seem like a healthy couple too