Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

boz posted:

I played one about 30 minutes ago and it seemed to be all bots from the naming scheme of the opponents

This was in ranked

There's definitely alot of bots up until silver. But after the first Bronze rank I started to see a bunch of ttv and yt's. I looked at a screenshot from the first Bronze rank, and I refuse to believe I beat 11 human players by 20 to 28 seconds each lol I know I've seen the Panda name before too.

But Silver 3 is where all the sweats live right now. They will intentionally just sabotage you without even trying to race. I've heard people saying it's just an early game thing though, since the rankings haven't had time to adjust and spread people out based on their actual ranks yet. So it's just every kind of player (sincere players, sweats, and assholes that just want to make people miserable) all together for a week or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

The new racing mode is a solid arcady racer, I'm having loads of fun in it so far. The cars are a bit expensive in the shop but that just make getting the sweet Scorpion in the battlepass that much more cool to me.

Pro tip for the lego mode, turn off "Drop Inventory upon Elimination" when making a new world so you can die purposely across the map and spawn back at your village without worrying about losing your stuff.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Silver is having problems filling races already.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

RiskyDigits and DestruyenFritas are bots and I think BroSincerely is too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I raced against LaptopWebcam, a very real person

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

My favorite bot name is OrneryPotato.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got to gold and won my first race. wondering if the time is ripe to grind to the super hard ranks before the super good players make it a super sweaty grind

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I know we have some Fortnite workers here and just want to give you my condolences on trying to keep two brand new things up and running along with the other stuff. Seems like it'd be a bitch!

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

1glitch0 posted:

I know we have some Fortnite workers here and just want to give you my condolences on trying to keep two brand new things up and running along with the other stuff. Seems like it'd be a bitch!

Thanks. We’re launching another one tomorrow…

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what time do these things drop

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
so im not a fortnite guy outside of maybe 2-3 hours of poking at it over the years, but i really like lego fortnite. it seems relatively shallow but im okay with that for free, and if they do post release support i could see them making it feel a lot more robust by just adding more template builds and stuff

ironically the worst thing about it is i think the building stuff is really annoying because you cant just set arbitrary heights for things and it has to be "stuck" to something. i assume that has to do with how fortnite's more strategic building in pvp (or even before that, the long dead pve) stuff worked but it feels bad in a more creative environment. i'm still getting the hang of it though so hopefully it'll feel better with more practice

i also really liked how fortnite racing felt, it reminds me a lot of the last two hot wheels games but snappier. do think it needs some kind of mario kart item system to feel complete though

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Whoever is in charge of Lego needs to play some My Time at Sandrock and incorporate a lot of quality of life features there. Stuff like auto sorting stacks, crafting drawing from stored items not just your backpack, etc.

Number one complaint, give me at least a compass on the ui. So easy to get turned around, have to keep bringing up map is a pain.

Two, let me destroy tools, the area around my settlement is littered with white pickaxes because you can only drop not destroy. The alternative, using till they break is not feasible, just too many

Three let the bed serve its purpose and let me sleep thru the night. Endless skellies is already old. I guess this is incentive to wall in your whole town? Just annoying, let the night combat be a risk/reward if I choose to venture away from camp.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Adhemar posted:

Thanks. We’re launching another one tomorrow…

What a preposterous week for you guys.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

from all the stuff leaked about it, it's kind of wild that Fortnite Festival seems to be like almost straight-up just Rock Band 5, including terminology like Overdrive and Expert difficulty being able to gold star songs

if anyone's wondering, Fortnite Festival's pass is not going to have the fomo thing going on with items in it, though. all of them will be able to be in the cash shop later on. though apparently they'll be more expensive individually than they were as part of the Festival pass, which makes some sense. typical bundle savings stuff.

kind of a bummer that the fortnite subscription thing doesn't cover the cost of the Festival pass, but given how expensive it can be to do licensed music for games like this on a large Rock Band/Guitar Hero style scale I'm not surprised they had to separate it out. the free tiers giving non-licensed songs is good at least.

butter barn hoedown is gonna be the best rhythm game song of all time

maybe time for a new thread title though? given how much the game's changed since back when this thread was made

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 9, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok but is there plastic instrument support

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

that's the thing I'm waiting to see, I guess

Drums should work fine, just gotta map the buttons properly. But guitar/bass aren't as satisfying without the strumming

It's Harmonix, maybe they'll work that in. But I'm not optimistic strumming will be supported

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol they got an actual furry artist to draw the tiger mans loading screen, someone at epic realised which group is buying all the animal skins

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

ok but is there plastic instrument support

not at launch but it's planned

https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1733503099300462771

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well if there was ever a chance for plastic instrument gameing to reach the critical mass necessary for new ones to be manufactured i'd say it would have to be through fortnite so this is a nicer outcome than expected

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fortnite Festival seems really cool, I'm really happy the people at Harmonix are getting this opportunity to make Rock Band again and I will be buying some plastic guitars.

The on-boarding for this mode is pretty awful though. If you select the default instrument and first-alphabetically song, bad guy, you get to play for like 1/3 of the song. Same for Seven Nation Army, you get three 30s cooldown timers during the song while playing guitar. Idk if the song selection for the launch is off, or they're just not doing a good job of specifically recommending songs for each instrument, but it was disappointing to pick songs and then not get to play.

Loved playing Bad Romance on guitar though~

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

So is Rocket League brand new or did Fortnite just incorporate it? Seems pretty good for an add on game on Fortnite.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

1glitch0 posted:

So is Rocket League brand new or did Fortnite just incorporate it? Seems pretty good for an add on game on Fortnite.

The racing is new, but epic owned rocket league the car soccer game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

1glitch0 posted:

This did psychic damage to me

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

teaching these pubbies the hard way that seven nation army and bad guy are all bass. need ranked main stage so i can get some band high scores

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
the jam stage is this weird fuser/dropmix-ish playground. too bad you can only use owned tracks. also there's not much beyond playing with parts, tempo, and key and yet the daily for it is up to 30 minutes of idling

wish i had a decent bemani controller of some kind but i don't so mapping my OG madkatz TE1 it is

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

at least that fuser effort went somewhere. could be a cool toy if you had four people with tracks and any sense of musicality but in practice is probably you and three kids all playing the epic games drum tracks at 300 bpm

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

at least that fuser effort went somewhere. could be a cool toy if you had four people with tracks and any sense of musicality but in practice is probably you and three kids all playing the epic games drum tracks at 300 bpm

I was playing butter barn at the highest bmp. Unfortunately you can't make it sound like a chipmunk

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

The racing is new, but epic owned rocket league the car soccer game.

Ah I knew I had heard of it somewhere. I tried that and it kinda sucked. This is better.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

AcidCat posted:

Stuff like auto sorting stacks, crafting drawing from stored items not just your backpack, etc. Two, let me destroy tools, the area around my settlement is littered with white pickaxes because you can only drop not destroy. The alternative, using till they break is not feasible, just too many

Yes please. I don't know what the merge button is supposed to do, but it certainly doesn't combine stacks of like items as I thought it would. We need that feature pretty badly. Enemy mobs drop items constantly that clutter the map.
In minecraft, before they added deleting items, the old trick was to dig a deep (3-4 blocks) hole and put a trap door on top of it as a lid. You could simply chuck your trash in the hole and close the lid, and the depth of the hole would prevent the items from being picked up again... or throw the poo poo in lava. We can't even do that.

Each of these new modes have little things going on that make it seem like it was rushed out the door a little early.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lego Fortnite is extremely proof of concept, I’d bet it’s deliberately shallow to see if there’s a market for the game or if kids just continue to play Minecraft. You can see where the game would absorb new content well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
All the new modes are fun.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

it's the game that keeps on giving

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Racing is the perfect mode to just just drink and bullshit with friends as you level your battle pass

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The rock band stuff is also super fun and a easy way to dick around with your friends. It can be funny for everyone to go on expert difficulty and everyone just tries your best to mangle your way through the song. Kendrick is also fun as hell on drums on easy to just jam

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Apple Craft posted:

Each of these new modes have little things going on that make it seem like it was rushed out the door a little early.

Yeah, I've had fun with all of them. But they all definitely seem a bit like early access versions of games. I'm hoping they get a lot of love and turn into more full featured things.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Apple Craft posted:

They're free modes inside Fortnite. Like others, I'm guessing they put these out to test the waters, and they'll expand/sell poo poo for the ones that catch on.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’ll also all work as promotional material down the line. A bunch of the Marvel skins don’t have Lego skins yet but they literally have Lego minifigs already. Slap a Marvel storyline into Lego Fortnite! Rocket Racing with item pickups! Peripherals now available for Fortnite Festival!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I've had fun with all of them. But they all definitely seem a bit like early access versions of games. I'm hoping they get a lot of love and turn into more full featured things.

I'm betting they have a bunch of stuff planned for them. Epic is referring to them as 3 new live service games in their press releases and promotional material.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

converting 1500ish skins into textures for the same brickman model probably cost as much as the rest of the coding for lego minecraft, which were both surely dwarfed by the cost of getting the license itself. They're committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

1glitch0 posted:

Ah I knew I had heard of it somewhere. I tried that and it kinda sucked. This is better.

Exsqueeze me?!