Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I'm so drat sick of the Mandalorians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

:siren: Patch notes are up! :siren:

Nothing really new in there versus last Friday's news update as far as the highlights are concerned (although I now realise I failed to mention the gearing changes, explained in detail here), but the notes also include a list of various fixed bugs - and one neat little graphical enhancement:

quote:

Scrolling cloud shadows enabled in certain areas
:toot:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Ahahahaha. The Republic version of the new stuff, at least, requires a series of clickies. That can only be clicked by one person and have a several second respawn time. Huge crowds gathered around these spots spamming clicks trying to get them.

I'll come back in a week or two I guess. :suicide:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/1732176925634838694?t=qUzM7HHtAaig1fmQd4XW2g&s=19

Being fixed tomorrow

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got the new trooper suit because I think it looks great in the new lighting. Really funny putting it on my jedi knight

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Clearly the solution is to grab one of the new metallic dyes to make it look better.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I refuse to buy dyes because you can't unlock them via collections. I have everything I ever bought unlocked in collection and basically never buy anything that can't be added to the collection.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Does that have a buttcape? I refuse to buy anything with a buttcape.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

kinda? It's not like the other but capes, it doesn't flow and it goes around to the front and there is armored legs under. Looks almost like shorts with armored legs underneath.

Shard fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 6, 2023

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

honestly i mix and match stuff all the time so I might experiment with other pants.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Ahahahaha. The Republic version of the new stuff, at least, requires a series of clickies. That can only be clicked by one person and have a several second respawn time. Huge crowds gathered around these spots spamming clicks trying to get them.

I'll come back in a week or two I guess. :suicide:

Remember the meat tree? Devs obviously didn't.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Remember the meat tree? Devs obviously didn't.

At least this time they fixed it the next day instead of like 2 months later. #MeatTree #NeverForget

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So it was indeed fixed and I finished the new story.

Things are... happening? Maybe? In between the millionth 'The Republic abandoned us!' 'You have to have faith in the Republic!' story.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

meet me at the meat tree in the next 15 minutes for an rear end clicking

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I'm not 100% certain the new patch is the cause, but I can't think of what else it'd be. Before, running the game on ultra graphics settings was way more taxing on my GPU than it should have been. Today, it's running like 20 degrees C cooler. So that's nice!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Nice to learn that stealth actually works in this new story and daily area rather than enemies auto-aggroing at pre-set points stealth or not, as has been the norm for story content since Fallen Empire.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
I went saboteur on my knight and screwing the Ossus farmers out of their farming data made me feel bad. If I just ignore the droid and sab options, will it fix it self? I was hoping to gently caress over the Garzas and Senators of the Republic, not some poor working class people just trying to survive in their war torn, shithole galaxy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crancherry posted:

I went saboteur on my knight and screwing the Ossus farmers out of their farming data made me feel bad. If I just ignore the droid and sab options, will it fix it self? I was hoping to gently caress over the Garzas and Senators of the Republic, not some poor working class people just trying to survive in their war torn, shithole galaxy.

It's all fluff and there's no meaningful consequences in actual gameplay and later story.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Medullah posted:

It's all fluff and there's no meaningful consequences in actual gameplay and later story.

Unless that’s the choice that sparks the entire plot of 8.0! You don’t know!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pryce posted:

I'm pretty sure that in 8.0 we'll still be chasing Mandalorians and trying to figure out what a certain somebody is planning.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I still haven’t played past kotet and was initially a little bummed that I spoiled myself about that character, but it sounds like there’s not much to spoil yet so I guess I still have time

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Medullah posted:

Ok, good!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

:siren: Life Day is back !! :siren:

No new Christmas mounts this year, unfortunately (again :mad: ), but there is a fancy & festive new armour set for the occasion that seems to come with one of those super-shiny dyes built in. And it even works with your character's hair! Sort of. :wow:

Prices per armour piece vary, from 75,000 to 185,000 credits (not too bad) and 15 to 55 Snow-Covered Parcels (less ideal - you need 220 for the whole set).

The anniversary vendor's back as well, and comes with both this year's Best View winners and a new poster of the current splash screen. I picked up a poster for the previous one as well - not entirely sure if I just missed it last year or if it wasn't available yet at the time, though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

no collection unlock sale :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Doesn't look all that friendly tbh (imho (no offence (sorry)))

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

Doesn't look all that friendly tbh (imho (no offence (sorry)))

He's preparing for those on the naughty list.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
In light of the “RIP E3” news today I posted this elsewhere on the internet but figured yall would probably enjoy this too:

I first worked on SWTOR in 2010 and helped out on the E3 booth that year doing demos and coordinating with our fansites that were there. Before the floor opened one morning, Ken Levine came by and asked if he could check it out so I helped get the demo going for him. Almost immediately I could tell something was wrong with his demo....his character had spawned on Tatooine in a weird place, he didn't have the quest he was supposed to have, and most importantly his character was completely naked.

I both wanted to intervene to give him a better experience but also felt like I should leave him alone, and after letting him wander aimlessly for two minutes or so, I finally quietly said "I uh, I think your demo is busted, I can help restart it if you want" and he turned to me and said, "It's totally fine, I know how these things go, everything that can possibly go wrong with a demo will go wrong....I gotta run though, thanks for the time." He very nicely asked his assistant to sneak me into one of the Bioshock Infinite press presentations later that week as thanks, which was so kind of him.

Cut to a couple hours later....the show floor is open and most of the demo machines are acting SO WEIRD. Game crashes, quests not functioning, things are wild. I point out that the same thing happened that morning. We thought maybe we just needed to reboot all the machines, so we went under the counters and opened up the door to get to the PCs, and are greeted with the hottest blast of air I've ever felt in my life. Like, almost burned us with the heat blast. Turns out our section of the booth hadn’t been built with any ventilation for our massive Alienware loaner PCs. The plastic cases were all literally melting because they were stuffed in a wooden box with zero airflow. Someone came by and cut giant holes in the sides of the desks and the rest of the week went fine!

I think all the time about how close we were to setting the EA booth on fire without realizing it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

no collection unlock sale :(

i lied, 50% off collections starting the 20th

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

In light of the “RIP E3” news today I posted this elsewhere on the internet but figured yall would probably enjoy this too:

I first worked on SWTOR in 2010 and helped out on the E3 booth that year doing demos and coordinating with our fansites that were there. Before the floor opened one morning, Ken Levine came by and asked if he could check it out so I helped get the demo going for him. Almost immediately I could tell something was wrong with his demo....his character had spawned on Tatooine in a weird place, he didn't have the quest he was supposed to have, and most importantly his character was completely naked.

I both wanted to intervene to give him a better experience but also felt like I should leave him alone, and after letting him wander aimlessly for two minutes or so, I finally quietly said "I uh, I think your demo is busted, I can help restart it if you want" and he turned to me and said, "It's totally fine, I know how these things go, everything that can possibly go wrong with a demo will go wrong....I gotta run though, thanks for the time." He very nicely asked his assistant to sneak me into one of the Bioshock Infinite press presentations later that week as thanks, which was so kind of him.

Cut to a couple hours later....the show floor is open and most of the demo machines are acting SO WEIRD. Game crashes, quests not functioning, things are wild. I point out that the same thing happened that morning. We thought maybe we just needed to reboot all the machines, so we went under the counters and opened up the door to get to the PCs, and are greeted with the hottest blast of air I've ever felt in my life. Like, almost burned us with the heat blast. Turns out our section of the booth hadn’t been built with any ventilation for our massive Alienware loaner PCs. The plastic cases were all literally melting because they were stuffed in a wooden box with zero airflow. Someone came by and cut giant holes in the sides of the desks and the rest of the week went fine!

I think all the time about how close we were to setting the EA booth on fire without realizing it.

Holy poo poo that's crazy. I used to work for Geek Squad and the amount of computers we'd see that were wrecked because people locked them in cabinets was nuts. Then they'd find out their warranty wouldn't cover it and get pissed "The salesman never told me not to do that!!!!". Was always especially funny when they also bought additional fans

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

How much are the new dyes selling for on average? I'm debating on whether its worth picking one or two up and selling down the line

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moreau posted:

How much are the new dyes selling for on average? I'm debating on whether its worth picking one or two up and selling down the line

Close to 3 billion from what I saw yesterday. They'll probably stay at 3 billion since they're RNG only after the first week they're introduced. Which is a terrible loving thing.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

can i acquire these from cartel market? i just reinstalled and am lookin to do some player versus player combat but i dont mind some credits as well

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Yah, they are cartel market specific, limited time only.

Speaking of pvp, 500 matches to go, woo!

It does feel as if something has changed in pvp meta since 7.4 - stuns feel a lot more common. Im spending a large amount of my time locked down, which is absolutely my personal bugaboo

Of course, this could just be confirmation bias, or Im being focused cos my gear is still 336... certainly seems more prevalent, tho.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

before i stopped playing a year or so ago i was playing a lot of skank tanked kinetic combat shadow, and i had something like 8 stuns/saps. it was very foolish

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Still nowhere near what it was like in the 6.0 era. Let me sing you the song of my PvP set for my Operative with two charges of Debilitate, Flash Bank, sap, grenades...

Shadow has sap and electrocute, and the spike option which no one really takes on Maul, but that's it these days. In 6.0 they had a tactical that let you do two saps (three if you cheesed it with equipping/unequipping).

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Moreau posted:

It does feel as if something has changed in pvp meta since 7.4 - stuns feel a lot more common. Im spending a large amount of my time locked down, which is absolutely my personal bugaboo

Of course, this could just be confirmation bias, or Im being focused cos my gear is still 336... certainly seems more prevalent, tho.

Confirmation bias. CC is the weakest it's ever been at any point in the game. No changes since 7.0 which majorly nerfed everyone.

CC in ToR is mostly rock, paper, scissors....knowing what you can/can't do and what you're strong/weak against. For example Operative has the best hard stun and is strong against soft CC but incredibly weak against hard CC.

Edit: If it's clear you don't know how to handle being CC'd yeah I'm going to pick on you.

Medullah posted:

grenades...

Grenades in PvP...how gauche.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 14, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Grenades in PvP...how gauche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Hey the whole "My account" page on the SWTOR site has suddenly changed completely #wow #whoa