Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He was literally trying to do a deus ex machina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Digital Jedi posted:

Also, I hope they do a Ben Franklin episode so we can finally find out if he was or wasn't president.

It's impossible to know for sure.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
All that matters is he's president in gareth's heart :angel:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

i wish i knew what toyota's position on electric vehicles was

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Props to Dave for keeping it together during that.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Omg Gareth's laughter at the god machine was a delight

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That episode was amazing

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

Just look at this thing. It's loving crazy
http://www.danbaines.com/blog/john-murray-spears-mechanical-messiah-discovered-in-colorado-attic/3/7/2019

Also, I hope they do a Ben Franklin episode so we can finally find out if he was or wasn't president.

Dave called him the Elon Musk of the 1700's so I am kind of looking forward to an episode

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://x.com/thedollop/status/1730042392978551145?s=20

Haven't see Dave this happy about something in quite a while

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can’t wait to hear the next recording session after tonight

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes please

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1730047340726435909?s=20

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I wonder who destroyed his phylactery.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Mosaddeq

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
massive L comparing Prince renaming himself the symbol with Musk rebranding Twitter

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just relistened to the rube. Forgot the funniest part was at the end when Dave said he didn’t want the podcast to get political.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I miss those days. Dave's doomerism makes me not want to listen to new episodes at all, I just go back through the old ones.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I miss those days. Dave's doomerism makes me not want to listen to new episodes at all, I just go back through the old ones.
It’s not usually too bad in the episode proper, but once the story ends you can just turn off the podcast because sometimes it just ends with 5-10 minutes of that

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

:same: Barely listen anymore since I hate doomer poo poo. I mostly watch this thread for funny ones.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Some of this poo poo that's the only honest answer though. Their episode about PG&E? How else do you respond to "The lucky ones only lost everything they had, the rest died in a literal fire so some rich rear end in a top hat could make number go up and will never feel a moment's remorse for what they did"?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't listen to those. The Dollop is for people building a machine Jesus full of cum and hair or what happens when beer is only ten cents.

I also don't accept that doomerism is the only response to stuff but have no interest in debating that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
yeah exactly, i can see the title and immediately tell if dave is going to be insufferable or not during it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I might even agree with what he’s raging about but it isn’t what I want from the Dollop

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Doomerism means being angry at injsutice, got it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i introduced the dollop to a friend and she liked the first like, 30 episodes, and so when she saw that they were coming to town, we all went and saw them.

afterwards she told her husband she felt like she was getting preached at the whole time and it turned her off of the show and she stopped listening.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i introduced the dollop to a friend and she liked the first like, 30 episodes, and so when she saw that they were coming to town, we all went and saw them.

afterwards she told her husband she felt like she was getting preached at the whole time and it turned her off of the show and she stopped listening.

You really should have warned her that she probably wasn't going to hear some wacky baseball history.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

When faced with the cruelty and darkness of the world we live in, the logical person is left with no choice but to make a podcast. To imply that one should not podcast is to be a naive fool.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

She sounds like a delight! Was it them being on a stage with a microphone for an hour that did it?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
havent seen a live show but dave absolutely shouts at and then angrily glares at the live audiences as if to say, “you had better loving understand why im mad about this”

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The doomerism just feels like the natural end result of doing a podcast about american history honestly.

Ironically i was turned off an entire other podcast recently because the cohost decided to open an episode with an unhinged rant about dave anthony's unhinged rants with zero self awareness.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

been thinking a lot about those episodes of the Dollop that no longer exist because of plagiarism lately, for no particular reason

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

scary ghost dog posted:

havent seen a live show but dave absolutely shouts at and then angrily glares at the live audiences as if to say, “you had better loving understand why im mad about this”

ive been to 3 in the detroit area.

the first one, about henry ford's henchman, who crushed strikes and had matt christman from chapo as a guest was fun and hilarious without all the preaching.

the one i brought my friend to was the charles lindbergh, where for some reason dave was angry about everything.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alaois posted:

been thinking a lot about those episodes of the Dollop that no longer exist because of plagiarism lately, for no particular reason

im pretty sure those episodes are still up and frankly i couldnt care less about plagiarizing historical journalism for a comedy podcast, especially when the draw is the guy who has no idea what the topic is. about.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
They took down the episodes they got accused of plagiarizing but then continued plagiarizing much in the same way as in the Hbomberguy video that now everybody on the internet has seen: listing a bunch of sources on their website when the episode is 99% derived from a single source. Not every episode was like that, and maybe things have changed now they they have research assistants apparently, but there's a whole bunch of episodes where you could pick out the single article that they used and then rounded things out with some links to Wikipedia.

The thing is, Dave basically reading an article to Gareth is enough of a draw that they do a whole other podcast about it! There's nothing preventing them just saying the name of the article at the top.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rochallor posted:

They took down the episodes they got accused of plagiarizing but then continued plagiarizing much in the same way as in the Hbomberguy video that now everybody on the internet has seen: listing a bunch of sources on their website when the episode is 99% derived from a single source. Not every episode was like that, and maybe things have changed now they they have research assistants apparently, but there's a whole bunch of episodes where you could pick out the single article that they used and then rounded things out with some links to Wikipedia.

The thing is, Dave basically reading an article to Gareth is enough of a draw that they do a whole other podcast about it! There's nothing preventing them just saying the name of the article at the top.

this might surprise you but i dont think everybody on the internet has seen the four hour hbomberguy youtube video about youtube plagiarism

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

this might surprise you but i dont think everybody on the internet has seen the four hour hbomberguy youtube video about youtube plagiarism

its getting close to 8 million views less than a week after going up so they probably will eventually lol

at the very least more people have probably seen the video already than have ever listened to the dollop

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I can’t imagine spending four hours watching one YouTube video about anything, that poo poo is absolutely loving bizarre.

You could just tell me “a guy from YouTube is bad” and I would believe you without evidence because I’ve seen YouTube content in the past.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

buddy this is a subforum about podcasts, and a thread specifically about a guy who spends 4 hours telling everyone who already agrees with him how Donald Trump and Elon Musk are bad, i dont think this is the place to throw stones

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Somehow I can deal with long audio but four hours of video had better be something amazing

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
You can walk or bike or drive while listening to a podcast, but you do, in theory, have to sit down and watch a video, so that's not surprising. I have heard rumors of sickos who play video games while watching youtube videos on another screen but those people will never see heaven.

(I watched like an hour of the video a day, it was good and informative)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The AI bit at the end was pretty weak though.