Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"We're doing rehab out of order"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bi-generate some pants

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Weirdly after the split, the captions were referring to Tennant as the 10th Doctor

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

Weirdly after the split, the captions were referring to Tennant as the 10th Doctor

Not on the BBC. They were referring to Gatwa as the New Doctor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"You get a prize, honey!" :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder if this Doctor will get a job as a curator?

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!
Well this is frickin adorable

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I hate the breathy bit in the new theme.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

That felt really end of an era. :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God, that was wonderful.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Ncuti's theme definitely works better in context

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that was the happiest ending a doctor ever got

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Khanstant posted:

that was the happiest ending a doctor ever got

The happiest ending Big Finish ever got too!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, is the new companion... NOT FROM CONTEMPORARY EARTH? (It looks like she's maybe from the 60s, going by the sets and outfits?)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

That felt really end of an era. :unsmith:

Yeah, feeling like a real closure on Doctor Who (2005) to make way for the soft reboot.

So.. how does this work now? Does 14 eventually regenerate into 15, and we got 15 early? Or can 14 regenerate into new forms? Does 14 stop regenerating cause he's split off? Will Tennant finally stop leaving extra copies/body parts of himself about?

RTD back babyyyyy

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Good god that was hammy as gently caress. I loved it.

People are absolutely screaming right now about the new bi Doctor but whatever. I hope they explain at some point why he doesn’t have any trousers on.

Edit: poo poo I just realised they split their clothes. I’m an idiot.

Creature fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 9, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Him getting a TARDIS was doubly surprising. Wonder if when Tenant is in his 70s they'll mash em back together for a new doubledoor TARDIS that's slightly less smaller on the outside.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This also very much feels like Tennant wanting to leave the door open to come back here and there.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Creature posted:

I hope they explain at some point why he doesn’t have any trousers on.

They split clothes.

14 was free-ballin' it

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
That was very silly and I enjoyed it immensely.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The Spice Up Your Life lipsync performance.

Rusty’s back, baby. :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Creature posted:

Good god that was hammy as gently caress. I loved it.

People are absolutely screaming right now about the new bi Doctor but whatever. I hope they explain at some point why he doesn’t have any trousers on.

They explained it in the episode? Each doctor is wearing half the clothes. Fourteen got the undershirt, waistcoat and trousers, Fifteen got the dress shirt, socks and underpants.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I knew they were going to plant spin off possibilities, but going in to the episode "Tennant still as the doctor with a tardis" hadnt occurred to me as one. Not sure how I feel about it tbh. Enjoyed it in the moment, but left with a lingering feeling of "well, that means every 21st century Earth is Invaded plotline will have to explain why 14 didnt stop it and 15 has to".

Enjoyed the episode overall, will have to give all 3 of the specials a rewatch at some point. If I'm picking nits I thought the game of catch was the most tension-free way they could possibly have come up with to finish the toymaker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NPH gave RTD the chance to indulge in one of the things he does best, which is make vague references to incomprehensibly ALIEN beings of unfathomable power and ability. His reference to "the thing hiding in the dark that I didn't dare challenge" did a fantastic job of raising my interest in whatever the next big bad enemy is.

Also, watching Unleashed, getting a good laugh out of RTD going,"Bi-Generation is something new, and I'm sure all the fans will of course be thrilled by something new happening :laugh:"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TinTower posted:

The Spice Up Your Life lipsync performance.

Rusty’s back, baby. :allears:

This was exactly my reaction to that scene, lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
NVM beaten and wasn't mistaken

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SiKboy posted:

I knew they were going to plant spin off possibilities, but "Tennant still as the doctor with a tardis" hadnt occurred to me as one. Not sure how I feel about it tbh. Enjoyed it in the moment, but left with a lingering feeling of "well, that means every 21st century Earth is Invaded plotline will have to explain why 14 didnt stop it and 15 has to".

Enjoyed the episode overall, will have to give all 3 of the specials a rewatch at some point. If I'm picking nits I thought the game of catch was the most tension-free way they could possibly have come up with to finish the toymaker.

Eh, it's the 'how come Superman doesn't help Wonder Woman stop whatever villain is in her comic this month' non-problem. The answer is 'because that's not the story'.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SiKboy posted:

I knew they were going to plant spin off possibilities, but going in to the episode "Tennant still as the doctor with a tardis" hadnt occurred to me as one. Not sure how I feel about it tbh. Enjoyed it in the moment, but left with a lingering feeling of "well, that means every 21st century Earth is Invaded plotline will have to explain why 14 didnt stop it and 15 has to".

He always come back from a brief jaunt with Rose or Mel or Donna to discover some crazy poo poo went down!

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

They explained it in the episode? Each doctor is wearing half the clothes. Fourteen got the undershirt, waistcoat and trousers, Fifteen got the dress shirt, socks and underpants.

Yeah I just realised that. I didn’t notice that Fourteen was missing clothes because I’m a moron.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I thought they were just splitting clothes at first since Tenant had enough layers, but in hindsight 14 wasn't shirtless under the vest or anything so yeah either gonna come up or maybe with 14 is feeling better and they remerge, there will be a reason why no pants.

14 is wearing a t-shirt/undershirt. 15 has the actual dress shirt.

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend
Enjoyable enough except for the cringey lipsyncing music scene. One RTDism I hoped would be left behind

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I had no idea the Eccleston to Tennant regeneration was filmed with David Tennant completely alone in the room (actor wise), Billie Piper wasn't even there!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I was really hoping that Tennant's TARDIS would have the old organic interior but I guess even Disney money wouldn't stretch to that.

That was very silly and the possibly the hardest RTD has ever RTDed I enjoyed it immensely.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Haha yeah I convinced myself otherwise but then immediately saw that poster was corrected while I was already accidentally editing my memory from thinking it was wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RTD: Well that's a Doctor Who monster, look at that!

God, I love RTD.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Hunter Leopardson posted:

Enjoyable enough except for the cringey lipsyncing music scene. One RTDism I hoped would be left behind

Horrible events soundtracked to cheesy pop is one of my favourite RTD things :)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

My problem there was entirely that he lipsynced instead of sang. Very happy to hear spice girls.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

SiKboy posted:

Well, sitting down to play Settlers of Catan wouldn't have made for gripping television.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I had no idea the Eccleston to Tennant regeneration was filmed with David Tennant completely alone in the room (actor wise), Billie Piper wasn't even there!

I absolutely loved the musical call back to the 9 to 10 regeneration and Mel's use of "fantastic" just as Eccleston did before regenerating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks for new Doctor Who :livintrope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2LKKnf4riw