Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Nice, that's fine by me. Now the question is when/where do I find the time? But I'll find it and make it happen. Sooner or later... After Pikmin 4 for sure.

Nice. On the other hand having my wife mimic the Korok sounds every time I found a seed was always worth a smile. She'd even start doing it at the audio cue even if it wasn't a Korok, which would disappoint her.

MY WIFE imitates the Toad "got item" voice from Mario Party in an incredibly shrill voice and it's hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gonna buy a couple N64 controllers because God wanted Goldeneye and JFG to be played in the ancient manner.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Gonna buy a couple N64 controllers because God wanted Goldeneye and JFG to be played in the ancient manner.

They’re fantastic.

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/nintendo-64-controller/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Inzombiac posted:

It has a great D-Pad too if you are sick of the pro controller's not great one.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I picked up one of those N64 controllers awhile back to play N64 NSO games, so I'm set. Never played Jet Force Gemini, so maybe I should give it a shot the way it was meant to be played!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Silver Falcon posted:

I picked up one of those N64 controllers awhile back to play N64 NSO games, so I'm set. Never played Jet Force Gemini, so maybe I should give it a shot the way it was meant to be played!

Ok well you better make a nice dead zone in the center of your fancy new N64 controller then.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

And they’re in stock!!! :eyepop:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

MassRafTer posted:

Ok well you better make a nice dead zone in the center of your fancy new N64 controller then.

Sorry... I don't know what this means. Is it something I can do on a normal unmodded Switch?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Silver Falcon posted:

Sorry... I don't know what this means. Is it something I can do on a normal unmodded Switch?

N64 controllers used to get big dead zones in the center of their control sticks because people would spin them with their palms for Mario Party mini games (and just general wear and tear) so by the time later N64 games came out you'd be playing them with worn out controllers, unless you had a third or fourth that rarely got used.

So you will be getting a superior experience.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If your N64 analog sticks never got powdery from overuse and thus became nearly unusable, you're lucky as hell and should cherish your primo N64 controller.

N64 analog was a hell of an innovation but if you used it enough they made Joycon stick drift look like a minor annoyance.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

If your N64 analog sticks never got powdery from overuse and thus became nearly unusable, you're lucky as hell you didn't play enough

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lol at Christopher Judge destroying the very nature of the game awards with his existence

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The cruelest I am to them is dropping the rock I picked up to find them immediately on their head. Which is pretty mean I’ll admit and worth some place in hell.

you shouldn't do this

If the Korok is hiding in a very terrible not-good place, still respectfully throw the rock off a cliff.

and then cast rewind on it :twisted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The cruelest I am to them is dropping the rock I picked up to find them immediately on their head. Which is pretty mean I’ll admit and worth some place in hell.

We all have that intrusive thought when we lift a rock and the sweet little Korok pops out, so proud that you found them and looking up at you with innocent unsuspecting eyes.

I don't think a single one of us has managed to not give in to it though. :devil:

Ooof.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I feel bad when I mount a horse and ride it somewhere far from their herd and don't board it, so I always give them a fistful of apples before I bounce. But the second a korok lost his buddy I picked them up with dat beam and dunked'em in the river a few times before carrying them over.

What I'm saying is video games give you weird morals.

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 9, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
look i gave the koroks a good 5 minutes on the catapult to reconsider and none of them did and they got home eventually so im right with jesus as far as im concerned

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

man nurse posted:

Personally I wouldn’t abide a partner that actively hated my hobbies or interests. That sounds like a bad time.

I'm still catching up on the thread from days ago, but same. I mean, my wife and I have played Baldur's Gate 3, Valheim, Sea of Thieves, GTA Online, and a bunch of others together. She and I are of the firm belief that there is a video game out there for literally everyone.

Also, unrelated but if you want a good holiday-themed switch profile pic, check out the missions and rewards section; you can get one of a goomba in a stocking, like it's a kuribo shoe, and a few Pikmin icons of them carrying a Christmas tree. I love it.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 9, 2023

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
holy poo poo they did it, jet force gemini, my god.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there any loving way to uninvert the aim on jet force Gemini, holy gently caress. I am playing as some guy, not a plane

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is there any loving way to uninvert the aim on jet force Gemini, holy gently caress. I am playing as some guy, not a plane

I think the other control scheme uninverts

it's kind of a clunky game no matter what you do, can't believe I 100 percented it back when it came out

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
the stick nub controls the top of your head. it is very simple

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

n64 games cemented inverted view in my brain and i will never unlearn it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Learn to play the way God intended.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i always change the control scheme when i start up Super Metroid because the default setup is unnatural

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
God is dead and we have killed him

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

The galaxy is at peace.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I explained inverted controls to my kid last week and he thought I was insane, I can't wait to have him play this

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I tried playing 1080 snowboarding and it just pissed me off that there’s no SSX Tricky or SSX 3 remaster or port or anything. I know a lot of peeps love 1080, but it’s not for me anymore. May have to dig my PS2 out the closet.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
The SSX series beats out tony hawk for me, i spent so much time with those games, especially Tricky.

e; and I spent a fuckload of time on tony hawk

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Cartoon Man posted:

I tried playing 1080 snowboarding and it just pissed me off that there’s no SSX Tricky or SSX 3 remaster or port or anything. I know a lot of peeps love 1080, but it’s not for me anymore. May have to dig my PS2 out the closet.

Yes please! A SSX Tricky remaster/remake would be so good. Loved that game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DuhSal posted:

Yes please! A SSX 3 remaster/remake would be so good. Loved that game

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Cartoon Man posted:

If you have an xbox, SSX 3 had enhanced backwards compatibility. It looks and plays *great*.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

an SSX 3 remake done up like that Tony Hawk remake is my Gamer Dream

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I wanted to get a simple case for my switch
Best I can tell I have a V2, but most cases I see seem to be for OLED or dont say.
Is there size differences, or does it matter?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OgNar posted:

Best I can tell I have a V2, but most cases I see seem to be for OLED or dont say.

OLED is slightly broader than the OG Switch, beyond that shouldn't matter much.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

OLED is slightly broader than the OG Switch, beyond that shouldn't matter much.

Thanks Neddy

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

OgNar posted:

I got a nice roomy one from Best Buy for like $5 recently.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-universal-go-case-for-switch-and-switch-oled-black/6478420.p?skuId=6478420 This is the case. You might find it on ebay or something fairly inexpensively.

otter fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 11, 2023

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

otter posted:

I got a nice roomy one from Best Buy for like $5 recently.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-universal-go-case-for-switch-and-switch-oled-black/6478420.p?skuId=6478420 This is the case. You might find it on ebay or something fairly inexpensively.

I ended up snagging this one for $12 and the raccoon controller for $20.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C81R1NXD/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFDYHXQ5/
Thanks though.

Mostly because i have a locked apartment gate that no delivery guys except for the Amazon guy can seem to figure out how to get in to.
UPS just looks at it and laughs then drives away.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 11, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Also, apparently Dekudeals.com now has accessories and hardware price tracking too.https://www.dekudeals.com/items/rds-traveler-case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Wrong thread