Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

quote:

Israel’s military will almost certainly oust Hamas from governing Gaza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Benagain posted:

No, pretty much every army throughout history has packed as much onto its soldiers as it can and usually refinements to make things lighter means more poo poo gets added. You can literally weigh the standard kit for a roman legionnaire and it weighs about what a modern troop carries, the milhist thread went through it.

Were Roman legionaries inside or outside the norm? I’ve seen a lot of things showing at least the modern day American soldier steadily having to carry more and more weight. I’ve seen stuff like a Civil War era soldier carried around 35% of his weight and that gradually increasing to a modern day one carrying about 60% of his weight.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

These idiots whining about how certain non-derogatory words somehow make them feel unsafe in America at a rich ivy league university. The only country whinier than Israel is America.

edit:

Harik posted:

This thread moves fast but I didn't see this, sorry if repost.

https://twitter.com/revolutionaryem/status/1733137165486326063

https://twitter.com/revolutionaryem/status/1733138213370286264

Three videos. I don't think there's any combat footage in them, it's discussing how they've been building and testing their rockets while under occupation.

Hamas are loving badass.

And jesus christ at israel pulling "I DRANK YOUR MILKSHAKE".

These videos about how Hamas creates missiles from old unexploded ordinance and pipes can't be viewed anymore (account says private). Anyone else got a link?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

watch the clip

im allergic to congressional testimony is there a transcript

i gave up trying to read news about this because nobody wanted to print the actual loving words that were spoken... which means they dont actually matter. its just we support israel no matter what

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i gave up trying to read news about this because nobody wanted to print the actual loving words that were spoken... which means they dont actually matter. its just we support israel no matter what

its just the usual of screaming at people that they support genocide while you are supporting a genocide

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

this is why it's so important to have someone in charge of continuity on the set.

https://x.com/netanyahutoo/status/1733601098273792311?s=20

I'm extremely stupid - what is being revealed with the discontinuity of these images?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

no genocide, no genocide, you're the genocide

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I'm extremely stupid - what is being revealed with the discontinuity of these images?

They filmed the guy walking out with the AK and surrendering it twice. So it's definitely a real thing that happened and wasn't staged.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Picture one insufferable woman shouting 'is calling for the genocide of jews harrassment, yes or no?!?!' and three woman quietly stating 'it depends on the context' and then explaining under what context it would be, and then the first woman screaming 'YES OR NO?!?!?!'

So it's basically just a rehash of 'do you condemn Hamas' but with the explicit aim of forcing the people unwilling to say 'yes' out of their jobs so someone who will say 'yes' can be installed.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

jfc

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this piece of poo poo is my (royal our, goons) age.

check this out

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/elise-stefanik/summary?cid=N00035523

its that easy folks. 32 grand is all it takes. cheap cheap cheap

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Smythe posted:

check this out

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/elise-stefanik/summary?cid=N00035523

That's a pretty achievable sum so sounds like we need to start a cspam project for our congressional representation. Saps elsewhere on the internet might donate, but winners start their own pac.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Apropos of nothing, I learned today that the legal term for defiling or poisoning water is "lurgulary". Thanks, NPR.
https://thelawdictionary.org/lurgulary/

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

It's not the direct cash that keeps politicians in line; it's the threat of direct primary challenges, like the $10 million that AIPAC keeps waving in front of dems it's asking to challenge Tlaib.

They can get money by sucking off different lobbyists, but they cannot defeat the might of AIPAC-sponsored candidates.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

checkstock posted:

They filmed the guy walking out with the AK and surrendering it twice. So it's definitely a real thing that happened and wasn't staged.

In the comments they're claiming that this guy was chosen to ritually surrender each weapon in the group individually.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Willa Rogers posted:

It's not the direct cash that keeps politicians in line; it's the threat of direct primary challenges, like the $10 million that AIPAC keeps waving in front of dems it's asking to challenge Tlaib.

They can get money by sucking off different lobbyists, but they cannot defeat the might of AIPAC-sponsored candidates.

Haven't they had a couple people outright say 'AIPAC literally offered me 10 million to primary a leftist' already

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

In happier news, a pro-palestinian convoy shut down a chicago expressway.

https://twitter.com/WindyCityWxMan/status/1733600910775889927

She and "antisemitic" college students are Zionists' pound of flesh. They're so frustrated that no one buys their horseshit so they have to ruin someone's life in order to make themselves feel better about their ugly little genocide.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Dec 10, 2023

Sushi X
Jan 13, 2001

I genuinely hope that Americans see the rot in our institutions when an outside actor like AIPAC seems to control so much of the political sphere but I doubt they will.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I want to apologize to the thread and everyone who posts in it. I have some bad brain worms, and I allowed that to pollute this very important thread. I'm genuinely sorry for that. I'll try to not let that happen in the future, and I hope you'll all forgive me for making GBS threads up this forum.

Death to Israel, death to America, and death to all those that perpetuate genocide.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mushika posted:

I want to apologize to the thread and everyone who posts in it. I have some bad brain worms, and I allowed that to pollute this very important thread. I'm genuinely sorry for that. I'll try to not let that happen in the future, and I hope you'll all forgive me for making GBS threads up this forum.

Death to Israel, death to America, and death to all those that perpetuate genocide.

its not that important dude. its a sa forums thread. relax lol

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Mushika posted:

You don't have to come crawling back, you can just post without the mea culpa and you'll catch less poo poo. welcome back anyway

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

its not that important dude. its a sa forums thread. relax lol

posting is the most imprtant thing a human person can do with their time on this planet

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Benagain posted:

No, pretty much every army throughout history has packed as much onto its soldiers as it can and usually refinements to make things lighter means more poo poo gets added. You can literally weigh the standard kit for a roman legionnaire and it weighs about what a modern troop carries, the milhist thread went through it.

Wrong.
Taliban ftw.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Fundamentally nobody cares

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speng31b posted:

posting is the most imprtant thing a human person can do with their time on this planet

this

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

speng31b posted:

posting is the most important thing a human person can do with their time on this planet

:haibrow:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Smythe posted:

check this out

I'm sure the money helps but there's just as good a chance she did it just for the fun of dragging college president before congress to make some spectacle about DEI and leftist students

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

speng31b posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5cmja599g

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Always
Be
Cposting

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Mushika posted:

https://youtu.be/XKPzKm3JdD8?si=SEcPgZlybhJ-gep-

:justpost:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Very, very fair.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Haven't they had a couple people outright say 'AIPAC literally offered me 10 million to primary a leftist' already

No, because there are no leftists to primary in the USA's congress. But yeah I seen at least one fellow say he was offered a huge war chest to primary Tlaib.

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023

ben shapino posted:

The Israel, the

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023

Willa Rogers posted:

The movie of the same name won an oscar for best documentary the year after the U.S. withdrew from Vietnam.

As the trailer shows, LBJ originated the phrase.

I watched that earlier this year after hearing about it in a podcast, it goes hard. really recommend everyone watch it

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1733636116119445574

No way I never would've guessed

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yes; they've offered it to 2 different people (who we know of) to primary Tlaib.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Sushi X posted:

I genuinely hope that Americans see the rot in our institutions when an outside actor like AIPAC seems to control so much of the political sphere but I doubt they will.

It's all about the Benjamin Netanyahus.

(I mean, there are polls showing that people are seeing the rot, but then congress goes & passes a law stating that anti-zionism = anti-semitism.

I still do really think that there's a seismic shift happening in the u.s., not just over israel but our unitary political system in general. There will be systemic & harshly punished pushback but I think a year from now we'll have seen at least some meaningful change & recognize that the I/P war brought it about.)

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

a year from now we'll have seen at least some meaningful change & recognize that the I/P war brought it about.

yeah biden's going to get re-elected by telling everyone he'll nuke gaza and then everyone will nod sagely and agree that this - this is the issue on which the dems can win elections while they gut social spending, raise the retirement age, and hand control of your city's municipal water system to jeff bezos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

someone needs to post that old parody at him again, you know the one