Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Good for Ohtani but I kind of hate it for baseball. Mostly just because the dodgers have dominated the NL for a long time already and now will continue to do so. At least he gets paid. Wish the Cubs could’ve got him but that’s a ton of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If I were still an Angels fan, I'd probably say it's a good thing they didn't spend 700 million on a player they couldn't make the playoffs with anyway

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You doin alright? poo poo can be a bit rough.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The Mariners will continue to ruin my dreams so I'm good. Gonna put all my local sports hopes on Sonics 2 if the NBA comes back.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

You doin alright? poo poo can be a bit rough.

Turns out he just blew out both his knees and passed out. That was… a thing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Turns out he just blew out both his knees and passed out. That was… a thing.

How much was he tryna squat?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

700ish.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Went and saw the new Godzilla today, was an excellent movie and glad my whole family went.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vertical Lime posted:

if the last couple of seasons have taught us, the regular season doesn't matter at all

Mariners fans have known that since 2001

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Bird in a Blender posted:

Good for Ohtani but I kind of hate it for baseball. Mostly just because the dodgers have dominated the NL for a long time already and now will continue to do so. At least he gets paid. Wish the Cubs could’ve got him but that’s a ton of money.

Every other team lucked out that the money is So Much; fans aren't going to be angry at not spending that. Even if Ohtani wasn't coming off an injury it would still be a preposterous amount

SundayMoney posted:

Went and saw the new Godzilla today, was an excellent movie and glad my whole family went.

It's fantastic! Most fun I've had in a theater since Top Gun 2. I feel like it has a shot at making some serious revenue and opening up the American audience to more foreign language blockbusters, which will be great.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

just setting 700m on fire to keep losing to the Braves :laffo:

I remember when ARods 252m contract was inconceivable. :corsair:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
hey they lost to the diamondbacks this year

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

LeeMajors posted:

I can't find good historical data but the A-rod contract is worth about 450m now, so this is the first one to really blow past it. There's probably some old timey guy whose inflation adjusted contract is more, but maybe not without the modern TV contract revenue

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

trevorreznik posted:

I can't find good historical data but the A-rod contract is worth about 450m now, so this is the first one to really blow past it. There's probably some old timey guy whose inflation adjusted contract is more, but maybe not without the modern TV contract revenue

Oh I’m sure there’s some inflation adjusted stuff but this has to be at the top.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

And who do the Braves lose to hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Please, the Dodgers have a time-honored tradition of losing to the second place team from the NL West in the NLDS

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am playing Final Fantasy 6 for the first time and I am at the part where I have to choose my party and I am having giant choice paralysis

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

I am playing Final Fantasy 6 for the first time and I am at the part where I have to choose my party and I am having giant choice paralysis

:getin:

it never gets easier

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

Which part? It happens a few times. I don't think there's anything missable because of these choices outside of story beats (which you can get later)

E: Are you doing the Esper defense or is this after?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Please, the Dodgers have a time-honored tradition of losing to the second place team from the NL West in the NLDS

And I will continue to lol because they employ Dave Roberts still. He is going to break Ohtani.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

C-Euro posted:

Which part? It happens a few times. I don't think there's anything missable because of these choices outside of story beats (which you can get later)

The three-way split near the beginning

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lmao: the boozy coffee cocktail I had at brunch put my rear end to sleep and I napped the day away.

Fusion Curry Pizza opened up and my desire for Indian Food on pizza is fulfilled again. I first had Indian pizza back in Maryland after taking my mom to the hospital and I'm so happy there's a place here in Portland that does this.

Pizza tikka masala chicken on it and the wings are tandoori. I'll order tikka masala wings for Sunday Night Football tomorrow.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

a neat cape posted:

If you don’t take Celes you’ll be sorry

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Only Relm can sketch an invisible monster and glitch your save completely.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

C-Euro posted:

It's the Esper Defense.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Android Apocalypse posted:

There's a great Dave Antell bit where he likens fat to getting a tattoo. It says something about yourself, like you'd rather attend a hot dog eating contest than jog.

Skanks for the Memories got me through soooo many road trips. I had forgotten about that bit until you mentioned it, but yeah, that's a very good one. "Long bike ride? I'm out! Hot dog eating contest? I'm listening..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8ivasb8j4

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Only Relm can sketch an invisible monster and glitch your save completely.

Only a glitch in the SNES version I think

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

If it's saving Terra, grab Edgar and Sabin first since there's a neat optional side quest in Figaro Castle if they're in.

Edit: by end of game you'll need them all at a decent level so it's generally not a good "choose 4 and go" type game.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Locke-Edgar-Sabin is Team Optional Dialogue after the Esper Defense, but it's nothing you can't go back and see after you get a little more flexibility with world travel. Fourth slot can be anyone or no one if you want to pick up a temporary guest character along the way :ssh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I like everyone so far except Gau

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Good day for LA sports fans. Shoutout to the teams combining to shoot 54 three pointers and hit a massive 22% of them. :toot:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a neat cape posted:

I like everyone so far except Gau

Gau sucks because developing him is entirely dependent on RNG, but he is really good at one section of the game way later. Like 2nd or 3rd to last thing you do before the final dungeon later.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Good day for LA sports fans. Shoutout to the teams combining to shoot 54 three pointers and hit a massive 22% of them. :toot:

gently caress the Lakers

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sabin supremacy because you do hadokens as part of his move set.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

trilljester posted:

gently caress the Lakers

It was pretty funny watching the NBA go fully mask off and ruthlessly hand the Suns game to them

e: for anyone who doesn't know what I mean, the Lakers were up by 2 and Reaves lost the ball on the inbound but the refs let Lebron call a timeout even though it was a loose ball

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The NBA referee system is predicated on just ignoring the rules of basketball, it has little to do with letting the underdog Lakers win a meaningless game through nefarious foolishness (it's just regular foolishness)

https://twitter.com/NicoleMcMilllon/status/1733230006367870976

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

So not mask off OR ruthless

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

The NBA referee system is predicated on just ignoring the rules of basketball, it has little to do with letting the underdog Lakers win a meaningless game through nefarious foolishness (it's just regular foolishness)

https://twitter.com/NicoleMcMilllon/status/1733230006367870976

Any time the Lakers get handed a game I will default to nefariousness :colbert:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The DraftKings partnership era has made it impossible to not notice, but the subjective application of the rules by the people employed by the completely-not-Vegas-affiliated Global MegaCorporation with huge stakes in TV dollars & fan interest goes back at least as far as me noticing, at age 10, that the rule violations committed by my favorite NBA stars circa 1985 - those infractions that were a certain 2 points in the NBA were whistled dead 100% of the time in the casual dad-coached/college-student-officiated games I was playing at the YMCA. We wore matching t-shirts and half the kids had on jeans and dress shoes.

There was never a mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

There was never a mask.

Well yes there was a certain amount of dramatization in that post for funsies