Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

The Top G posted:

Not even an interesting cake or something high quality, just a grocery store white sheet cake with white frosting

It’s the most alien thing ive ever heard a politician do, like those bugs in Men In Black who had to eat lots of sugar to stay alive
Not political, but it reminds me of Larry Bird eating multiple wedding cakes while he was injured in the 80's, because he was so bored and "I ate wedding cakes cause you knew they was gonna be good. I mean, who would gently caress up a wedding cake?" Hard to argue with the logic at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have had some pretty mediocre wedding cakes that were more about looking good than tasting good. always get a slice of the “overflow” cake instead, IMO

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mr. Lobe posted:

The dawning horror on Colbert's face when he came to realize he was talking to someone completely devoid of principles and also stupid enough to broadcast this openly

You weren't kidding.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I keep remembering Carlos Danger, and every time I chuckle.

Aaah just remembered Pierre Delecto again, too.

If Nikki Haley had her way and people had to use their real name on the internet at all times we would be robbed of future gems like these, a true crime, someone must stop this madwoman who is stopping herself because I'm reminded her other Big Idea is cutting social security lol she will never be POTUS

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Nikki doesn't even use her real name

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

moist turtleneck posted:

:drat:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

lol
https://web.archive.org/web/20200221223101/https://facts.elizabethwarren.com/elizabeth-does-not-take-risperdal/

between this and the dna test and trying to use it as proof positive

and then the pow wow chow cookbook, and the burrito on the carpet for the dog's birthday, and the giant dog, and "he's supposed to be there," and "you called me a liar on national TV," and being a Republican through the 80s, ... what a life.

remembering when jacob wohl had that press conference in front of his house claiming that warren liked to get railed by beefy marines, which unlike almost everything else about warren's life and career is not a mark against her, but was extremely funny

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Actually she railed them

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Afterward she made a tweet about some sporting event that said "go cougars!" as a wink

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
30-50 feral hogs guy

and that he was right

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

Neither does Senator Rafael Cruz

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

30-50 feral hogs turning out to be a real and present danger was something. but then it remains an inherently funny phrase

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Afterward she made a tweet about some sporting event that said "go cougars!" as a wink

A rare w from warren

moist turtleneck posted:

Actually she railed them

even better

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
A trad games poster using a squad tactics game to determine that an ar-15 won't do poo poo and the only feasible solution is a belt fed grenade launcher

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Benagain posted:

A trad games poster using a squad tactics game to determine that an ar-15 won't do poo poo and the only feasible solution is a belt fed grenade launcher

I thought I was reading politics bits you're working on thread but someone in tg actually did that? lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

fosborb posted:

I thought I was reading politics bits you're working on thread but someone in tg actually did that? lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895679&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao ty for this

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

haha this is great

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

You weren't kidding.

you think you just fell out of a coconut tree?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Actually she railed them

Milo and POTUS posted:

A rare w from warren

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Who's afraid of Naomi Wolfe

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a barely sentient xanax bar is the vice president of the us

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

my bony fealty posted:

a barely sentient xanax bar is the vice president of the us

That Xanax bar has a marxist dad who has denounced her

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the CIA ad with the gay southern librarian

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

my bony fealty posted:

the CIA ad with the gay southern librarian

Link

Mr. Lobe posted:

That Xanax bar has a marxist dad who has denounced her

Cornel West being ew no on pete B

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Amidst dismal polling support with poc and going into the SC primary, the Buttigieg campaign sent out an email to dozens of prominent members of the black community that upon receipt, automatically signed them up as endorsing his campaign. They had to respond and refuse the endorsement to get their name off a PR campaign that began basically immediately.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1390726025097760769/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1390726025097760769&currentTweetUser=AlanRMacLeod

lmfao it's even better than I remember

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

I’ll never forget snopes calling his wife to determine whether he tazed himself to death, tazed himself until he pissed and slipped in it and snapped his neck, or had a heart attack or what.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

snopes credulously marking their fact check of taser balls guy "false" based on nothing more than his wife's denial and a brief NYT article that lacks any mention of the presence or absence of a taser

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they literally said lanyard :toughguy:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There is a man who has giant orgiastic rallies where his supporters bay for blood
and I'm still paying my bills like I have a future

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There is a man who has giant orgiastic rallies where his supporters bay for blood

Lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

THE PRESIDENT: And the previous President, who is seeking the job again, was asked what he thought about it.  You know what he said?  He said, “There are very fine people on both sides.”  “Very fine people on both sides.” 

When I heard that, I knew I couldn’t —

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  Mr. President, if you care about Jewish people, as a rabbi, I need you to call for a ceasefire right now.

(Cross-talk.)

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  Sit down!

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  Get out!  Get out!

THE PRESIDENT:  No, no, no, no, no, no.  No, let —  

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  (Inaudible) Palestinians and Israelis have died.  Please explain to me why.

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  Ma’am, you need to leave the event.

THE PRESIDENT:  Let — if you’ll be quiet, I’ll answer your question.

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  I would love for you to answer my question, please.

THE PRESIDENT:  I think we need a pause.

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  A pause?

THE PRESIDENT:  Yes, a pause, for — 

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  What is a pause?

THE PRESIDENT:  A pause means give time to get the prisoners out.  Give time — (applause).

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  (Inaudible.)  If you’re clapping for a ceasefire, (inaudible) —

THE PRESIDENT:  No, don’t — don’t — look —

AUDIENCE MEMBERS:  Four more years!  Four more years!  Four more year!

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  Ceasefire now!

THE PRESIDENT:  No, no, no, no, no.  No, it’s okay.  It’s okay. 

AUDIENCE MEMBERS:  Four more years!  Four more years!  Four more years!  

THE PRESIDENT:  It’s okay.  I under- — I under- — don’t — just let her stay in.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

god he really is more of a mascot than a leader. that was spot on. ideally they'd have him wordless, in a costume, doing pep dances on stage

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

drat... :2bong:

Ruffian Price posted:

god he really is more of a mascot than a leader. that was spot on. ideally they'd have him wordless, in a costume, doing pep dances on stage

k now you guys are blowing my mind :okpos:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
This is supposed to be funny politics poo poo you remember... not deep observations that blow your mind

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

Actually she railed them

No schlonging? Concerning.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
a man named ‘Buttigieg’ seriously thought he had a chance at the presidency

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
McKinsey fucks you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Mister Bates posted:

a man named ‘Buttigieg’ seriously thought he had a chance at the presidency

He also may or may not have changed how his last name was pronounced to be more marketable

But he definitely totally just went on a weekend trip to talk to political leadership in Somaliland, which he wrote about in the NYT. Not CIA at all