Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

CuddleCryptid posted:

I really hope that this is a DBD supermassive game and not a Supermassive DBD chapter. Supermassive has some good characters but an up close CYOA using all the batshit lore of DBD would be awesome.

Sackboy killer. Calling it now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Briefly read it as Supergiant and thought we were getting Zagreus survivor snarkily flirting with everyone while Killer Hades bitched about his son whenever he picks up someone.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

CuddleCryptid posted:

I really hope that this is a DBD supermassive game and not a Supermassive DBD chapter. Supermassive has some good characters but an up close CYOA using all the batshit lore of DBD would be awesome.

From that clip and the announcement they made quite a while back it seems like a full single player game using the DbD lore, so yay!!

I'm so behind on the rift unlocked lore that's been my bedtime reading the past week.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Briefly read it as Supergiant and thought we were getting Zagreus survivor snarkily flirting with everyone while Killer Hades bitched about his son whenever he picks up someone.

We'll now I'm angry we don't have this.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I believe this was initially announced as the latter. Which is probably for the best, since Until Dawn hasn't been a hot property in a while and wendigo is going from a rare woods monster to an Algonquian myth it's kind of disrespectful to use willy nilly in more and more social circles.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1732861337544376331?s=20

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Wonder what the exploit was

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Wonder what the exploit was

Same as it was before, people could clip into lockers where killers couldn't hit them.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Then they’ll fix it and break fast vaults for male survivors

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Medullah posted:

Same as it was before, people could clip into lockers where killers couldn't hit them.

How did they break this AGAIN

Griffball
Sep 6, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's the first! Called the casting of Frank Stone, don't know if thats an existing character. Very supermassive announcement trailer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/TCoFrankStone/status/1732942818191056899?t=t0XZhznAvpJl-Bg7zkYJVQ&s=19

I dig the trailer

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Griffball posted:

It's the first! Called the casting of Frank Stone, don't know if thats an existing character. Very supermassive announcement trailer.

Nope, new character and the "survivors" seem new too. I assume they'll come to the "main game" as either distinct characters in their own right, or as skins for other characters (Frank Stone looks Trapper-esque in his mask).

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

4 stuns in one trial sounds like absolute hell for both sides

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

I wish there was a way to talk to survivors. Anyone who said they had that challenge would have my full co-operation.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Killer design looks awful to me at first blush, a rejected trapper cosmetic. With how much the design shows off the mouth and eye I guess he’s meant to talk a bunch? And the name is real Action Guy. Guess we’ll have to see

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pyrolocutus posted:

(Frank Stone looks Trapper-esque in his mask).

basically identical to the furnace series with the bottom part of his molars cut out.

Bunch of the tools in the trailer looked vaguely like the trappers addons too, but hey, they are tools for a reason.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Blast Mine is usually good for 1 or 2, then you can camp pallets (and throw the match, basically). Another option is letting yourself get tunneled with Decisive Strike.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

The stun one isn't terrible if you have Blast Mine, since that counts - I think Decisive Strike and maybe wiggle-out stuns count as well? e: Okay yeah, Medullah beat me to it :v:

It's still not something I'd enjoy, of course, but I'd take it over the "blind the killer while they're carrying a survivor twice in one game" one, which I personally farmed off a friendly Huntress before it was patched out. I never use flashlights because I don't enjoy them as a game mechanic on killer and I generally follow a "do unto others" rule with what perks/mechanics I engage with, so I suck rear end at them. Like I understand them and I'm not mad at people for using them, but "valid game mechanic" doesn't always mean "fun game mechanic", y'know, so I personally just feel bad trying to use them.

Flashbangs, on the other hand, are chaotic good because of how incredibly stupid and funny and likely to miss they are, and I wholly support those. I think flashlights should just be replaced with flashbangs.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Medullah posted:

I dig the trailer

Cribbing some other comments but it seems like this might be the "first killer", the one that brings the Entity into our world. There's the gens, hooks, all of that stuff that later got pulled into the Realm.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

Cribbing some other comments but it seems like this might be the "first killer", the one that brings the Entity into our world. There's the gens, hooks, all of that stuff that later got pulled into the Realm.

Saw someone post that it looks like it might be a "multiverse" Trapper, the environment and look is 'almost' Trapper and MacMillan but not quite.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

Saw someone post that it looks like it might be a "multiverse" Trapper, the environment and look is 'almost' Trapper and MacMillan but not quite.

This would be really neat. The Entity canonically does span multiple universes - there's a Haddie in the archive lore with a slightly different backstory from the one we get to play as, for example. It's part of why I hope we one day get a killer that's an alternate universe version of an existing survivor or vice versa. Legion as survivors is something people have made fan concepts for before. I also think Yun-Jin would make a loving awesome killer (and it would be very funny to have a corresponding Trickster-as-survivor).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

New killer - David King. His power is Dead Hard which he uses to knock survivors down

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Tiny Myers posted:

This would be really neat. The Entity canonically does span multiple universes - there's a Haddie in the archive lore with a slightly different backstory from the one we get to play as, for example. It's part of why I hope we one day get a killer that's an alternate universe version of an existing survivor or vice versa. Legion as survivors is something people have made fan concepts for before. I also think Yun-Jin would make a loving awesome killer (and it would be very funny to have a corresponding Trickster-as-survivor).

Yes to all of this!

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Heck yeah. Killer and survivor who are the same person is the final entry on my old DBD wishlist now that we have Dredge (locker based power) and a handful of sci-fi killers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Good news, got Adept Chucky first try. Bad news....I was a M1 killer, I can't hit Slice and Dice for poo poo.

Friends til the End is replacing Nowhere to Hide as my Aura perk, holy poo poo that is fun. I was worried about the last survivor finding hatch, but he was Obsession and I hooked the other, so I knew exactly where he was.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Cool interview about Casting of Frank!

https://www.ign.com/articles/exclusive-the-casting-of-frank-stone-interview-screenshots?utm_source=twitter

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I don't think I get Slice and Dice on a mechanical level. I charge, I swing at someone theoretically right in front of me, there's a weird lag, Chucky hits nothing. Repeat until I go insane

On a brighter note had a funny match while trying to knock off the orange glyph archive, was Michael running a silly endgame Rancor build and largely getting kicked all over the place. Ended up with lots hooked but no one dead when last gen was about to pop, it just so happened I was right in front of the obsession Meg who'd been juicing me all game. Smack, down...she immediately springs up again with Adrenaline. A beat of confusion. Smack, Rancor, stab

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 9, 2023

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Slice and Dice requires you to let go before you're on top of them, chucky lunges towards the target. If you're waiting until you're on top of them, you'll hit past them, not on them.

My favourite chucky build is: friends to the end, nowhere to hide, lethal, and pop, paired with rat poison addon, and your choice (I like razor)

So much aura reading, it's essentially a permachase build.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

tithin posted:

Slice and Dice requires you to let go before you're on top of them, chucky lunges towards the target. If you're waiting until you're on top of them, you'll hit past them, not on them.

My favourite chucky build is: friends to the end, nowhere to hide, lethal, and pop, paired with rat poison addon, and your choice (I like razor)

So much aura reading, it's essentially a permachase build.

Right now I'm running Monitor, Plaything, Trail of Torment, and Dark Devotion with Silk Pillow and Pile of Nails. It's a pretty fun jumpscare-y build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkkgP3q5amA

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

survivors get really mad when you smack their toys right out of their hands, huh

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oh yeah, Trail of Torment is super evil on Chucky. He has such a loud "Hey I'm stealthing now" giveaway with the footprints that *not* doing that catches people totally out of left field

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Oh yeah, Trail of Torment is super evil on Chucky. He has such a loud "Hey I'm stealthing now" giveaway with the footprints that *not* doing that catches people totally out of left field

Trail of Torment is one of my favorite perks. Doesn't always work, but man once you find that gen at almost full and kick it and the survivors ignore it, it's fantastic. It being highlighted yellow is a giveaway but thanks to blast mine and wiretap they don't always immediately beeline to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-yw_8k1M8

In other news, I suck at Chucky. Think this dude was as surprised as me.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

survivors get really mad when you smack their toys right out of their hands, huh

As a firm believer in equality, the only thing I'm mad about is the fact that there are no perks or items that let survivors do this to killers.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Umbreon posted:

As a firm believer in equality, the only thing I'm mad about is the fact that there are no perks or items that let survivors do this to killers.

What, flashlights/pallets/Head On knocking survivors out of the killers hands not good enough for ya?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Umbreon posted:

imagining stunning Hag so hard her hand falls off

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
For all of you Stealth Chucky enjoyers, I've been having a blast with Dark Devotion, Tinkerer, BBQ, and (regression of choice). It's gotten me a few gen grabs, a bunch of surprise downs, and lets me harass the right people at the right time pretty consistently. The antiheal razor addon rounds things out for pushing them against a wall, and all without meta perks being the defining feature of the build.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

imagining stunning Hag so hard her hand falls off

michael myers crying, crawling around on the ground, looking for his knife like velma looking for her glasses

I've never cared for Franklin's Demise - another one of those "I respect it but prefer not to use it" things. It can feel a little mean spirited, though part of it I think is that most of the people I run into with it are acting kind of rude in other ways, e.g. tunneling and facecamping type behavior, so I just associate it with that on some level.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Mr. Locke posted:

What, flashlights/pallets/Head On knocking survivors out of the killers hands not good enough for ya?

Ive been addicted to head-on and parental guidance last few days. Leave killers not knowing what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Mr. Locke posted:

Not that, let me knock off add-ons. Doesn't even have to be the killer weapon, just add-ons. Killer could still pick them up just like survivors can.

Would that be terrible and probably cause survivors to lose even harder because they're going for stuns they shouldn't? Absolutely. Would it likely not impact the match enough to even matter? Probably. Would a survivor get tunneled straight out of the match the very instant a killer even thinks the survivor has that perk/item? Definitely.

But I don't care, I want it anyway.