Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I would not have guessed that Alex knew about let alone could pronounce “Jägerschnitzel”.

That being said, Alex was specifically talking about red meat and then listed a bunch of pork dishes so swing and a miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pork: the other white meat, but the other other red meat

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Xiahou Dun posted:

I would not have guessed that Alex knew about let alone could pronounce “Jägerschnitzel”.

That being said, Alex was specifically talking about red meat and then listed a bunch of pork dishes so swing and a miss.

Jager liquor and German restaurants are surprisingly popular here. There were a lot of early German immigrants in central Texas.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I worked in a German and then an Austrian restaurant here in the States, and Jaegerschnitzel is very well-known among average folk because it's "the one with gravy on it."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Huh, weird, why is roger stone complaining about other people exercising their freedom of speech and making parody accounts

Almost as if their free speech absolutism isn’t absolute

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
https://fxtwitter.com/MattGertz/status/1732520758432215367?s=20

(Tucker is having Alex Jones as a guest on his Twitter show)

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Two ghouls circling the drain, desperately trying to feed off each other.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1732896488018075997

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

oh jesus it's three loving hours

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Color Printer posted:

oh jesus it's three loving hours

hell yeah old school knowledge fight is back bay-beeee!!!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Grand Fromage posted:

hell yeah old school knowledge fight is back bay-beeee!!!

1 hour of those is the bright spot

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O hey giant bag of weed and stack of crosswords.

Looks like we got us a date.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex: [barfs out 4 minutes of Alex poo poo]

Tucker: where's the lie?

Dan: Here's 21 lies from just that clip

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Tree Dude posted:

Dan: Here's 21 lies from just that clip

"Only 21? I see this is a rest-and-recovery week for young Dan."

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I'm only about halfway through, to the part where tucker is talking about how Austin is dirty now with trash on the side of the road and whatever

I'd blame the contemporary tech transplants that didn't grow up with "Don't Mess With Texas" long before whatever lovely point he's gonna make (and yeah I also suspect it's just a euphemism for tents and such)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlFD0Zyl_f0

stringless fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 9, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I can't stand listening to tucker is there anything funny/of not in the ep or is it just that bow-tied pervert ending every sentence with an upward inflection and jerking off his guest as usual?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I can't stand listening to tucker is there anything funny/of not in the ep or is it just that bow-tied pervert ending every sentence with an upward inflection and jerking off his guest as usual?
Tucker's shockingly mask-off in this interview. Even by Tucker standards. The poo poo coming out of his mouth is absolutely appalling.

I had to pause it a few times because it's a rough listen.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Lol Alex can’t pronounce “Hochul”.

Great politics knowledge, buddy.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Froghammer posted:

Tucker's shockingly mask-off in this interview. Even by Tucker standards. The poo poo coming out of his mouth is absolutely appalling.

I had to pause it a few times because it's a rough listen.

I reeaalllyy hate skipping episodes but if Tucker is real mask off, then I know it’ll just upset me deeply. Alex I can handle, but Tucker’s voice is needles on a chalkboard smarmy. Thanks for the trip report.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Alex Jones: Conspiracy theorist returns to X after Elon Musk poll

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

quote:

Last month he accused major advertisers of trying to "blackmail" him when they boycotted X over concerns about antisemitic content shared on the site

Well now we're going to get a lot more anti-Semitic content.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

teen witch posted:

I reeaalllyy hate skipping episodes but if Tucker is real mask off, then I know it’ll just upset me deeply. Alex I can handle, but Tucker’s voice is needles on a chalkboard smarmy. Thanks for the trip report.

Tucker’s so giggly and weird jones on his own shows most recently can’t shut up about how “fun” and “joyful” Tucker is up on his Maine compound and repeatedly refers to Tucker as “a young Santa” he’s so jolly.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I kind of appreciate the Tucker episodes because the nature of Tucker's commentary allows Dave to tackle a less scatterbrained version of Alex's ideology and speech. The biggest downside is listening to Tucker's weird, scoldy, infantalizing speaking style.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

A grown man who laughs like that is probably a serial killer.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

There were several moments where I wasn't sure if I'd heard Jordan's hysterical laughter or Tucker's weird giggling.

And a couple of moments with both.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Pennsylvanian posted:

I kind of appreciate the Tucker episodes because the nature of Tucker's commentary allows Dave to tackle a less scatterbrained version of Alex's ideology and speech.

Data Scrap with Dave and Jimmy

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I honestly think that Musk letting Jones back on Twitter is how Musk is going to blame the downfall of Twitter. It was not him that lead to its demise, it was the people voting to allow Jones back on. It just seems like putting Jones back on came out of nowhere and was just to shift the blame.

I also agree with the boys that this interview with Tucker was likely written by Jones which makes me wonder if Jones paid Tucker for the interview.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Musk letting Jones back onto X feels like he's trying to distract from something as well. Did a new story drop about him recently? I know there was that embarrassing story about his CEO begging Rockstar to release the GTA6 trailer on X earlier last week, but that was the last thing I heard

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Shinji2015 posted:

Musk letting Jones back onto X feels like he's trying to distract from something as well. Did a new story drop about him recently? I know there was that embarrassing story about his CEO begging Rockstar to release the GTA6 trailer on X earlier last week, but that was the last thing I heard

He's trying to get the Supreme Court to rule that the deal he made with the SEC over the "Funds secured!" stock price manipulation tweet is unconstitutional. Basically his lawyers negotiated a fine of $20 million for billions worth of stock price manipulation in return for agreeing to have a securities lawyer approve his tweets on business matters. He wants to get out of the second part.

Not that I think the two are connected, he's just a dumbass.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I feel like the easier explanation is that he's just run out of reasons to keep him banned, when his only remaining fans are so overwhelmingly sympathetic to Alex. Elon wants attention and adoration, so not a huge surprise that he would abandon his "principles" of being disgusted by Alex's treatment of Sandy Hook to score a cheap win for his own ego — and more importantly, to spite his critics.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Generic American posted:

run out of reasons to keep him banned

Lmao

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Generic American posted:

Elon wants attention and adoration, so not a huge surprise that he would abandon his "principles" of being disgusted by Alex's treatment of Sandy Hook to score a cheap win for his own ego — and more importantly, to spite his critics.

I feel like you could just have left the first sentence off because unbanning Alex gets both Twitter and Elon some much needed attention and probably some rage-tweets/clicks from people who hate Alex, and might drive traffic and thus the stock up, at least for a while.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Having Alex Jones back on the platform will surely entice advertisers to come back

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Froghammer posted:

Having Alex Jones back on the platform will surely entice advertisers to come back

Hey, even if you go out to London, seems like a third of the people know him and want to come up and say "Hi, we love you"

That's what I hear from Jones anyway

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Musk letting Jones back onto X feels like he's trying to distract from something as well. Did a new story drop about him recently?
"Grok is woke" has been making the rounds.

Grok is The Twitter AI but it's just a quick skin on ChatGPT and the bluechecks are quite unhappy about it since it won't say slurs or be regressive about gender the way they want it to.

stringless fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 10, 2023

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I mean in the sense that his only reason before was "I want to be popular", because clearly his grandstanding about how offended he was by Alex's abuse of those grieving families was pure bullshit. Now that everyone hates Elon, keeping Alex banned doesn't get him any credit, whereas unbanning him will be super popular with his "anti-woke" fans.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If elon decides to pay off alex’s court bills for his freeze peach, i hope that incentivizes the judges in the still-to-resolve cases to whack him with even bigger fines

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
There's nothing more chilling than tuckers laughter. Maybe bezos's but drat...

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Twitter is going to move to dick pill and gold sales soon to solve it's advertiser problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
A+ episode today. Love it when Alex talks about his narcissism psychic powers.