Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think I'd just rather take a belt sander to my grundle, frankly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

credburn posted:

What if you're a vegan?

Something fatty or sweet is your best bet. Coconut milk is a good choice, there's a reason coconut flakes are common in Asian cooking

Or peanut butter. You do you

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Azhais posted:

Something fatty or sweet is your best bet. Coconut milk is a good choice, there's a reason coconut flakes are common in Asian cooking

Or peanut butter. You do you
Just keep eating more capsaicin until your mouth nerves error out and stop registering.

They came back after a few hours

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hippocrass posted:

Why do idiots keep drinking water after eating hot peppers?

Fixed for you. You have to have something seriously wrong with you to want to eat them in the first place. Remember that loving One Chip Challenge thing? They had to withdraw the product after what was believed to be the second fatality.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Hippocrass posted:

Why do idiots keep drinking water after eating hot peppers? Water just spreads the spice around. Drink milk.

First time I've seen someone eat a pepper so hot they needed oxygen afterwards :kingsley:

e:

Jedit posted:

Fixed for you. You have to have something seriously wrong with you to want to eat them in the first place.

It can be a fun scary thrill, like riding a roller coaster. Except the coaster decides when you can get off. It might be never.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Jedit posted:

Fixed for you. You have to have something seriously wrong with you to want to eat them in the first place. Remember that loving One Chip Challenge thing? They had to withdraw the product after what was believed to be the second fatality.

I worked at a 7-Eleven and we sold it. They were made by a company called Paqui, which sounds an awful lot like a racial slur (??)... Anyway, the chip thing was huge with the swarm of middle schoolers who would come in around 4 PM every day. I never knew there were actual injuries but it did get pulled one day earlier than normal for promotions. I hope none of the kiddos I sold those to got hurt :\

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Takes No Damage posted:

First time I've seen someone eat a pepper so hot they needed oxygen afterwards :kingsley:

e:

It can be a fun scary thrill, like riding a roller coaster. Except the coaster decides when you can get off. It might be never.
Based on the mother's reaction and that they had the oxygen on standby I'm guessing she already had some form of chronic medical issue, which makes the whole thing even more :psyduck:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Takes No Damage posted:

I want to get off Blister Chip's Wild Ride

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

credburn posted:

I worked at a 7-Eleven and we sold it. They were made by a company called Paqui, which sounds an awful lot like a racial slur (??)... Anyway, the chip thing was huge with the swarm of middle schoolers who would come in around 4 PM every day. I never knew there were actual injuries but it did get pulled one day earlier than normal for promotions. I hope none of the kiddos I sold those to got hurt :\

They absolutely did get hurt. The OCC chip was rated at 2 million SHUs, which is equivalent to getting blasted in the mouth by a standard police issue pepper spray.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Elon Musk had a hissy fit over ChatGPT and announced he was making his own super special "non-woke" chat thing called (sigh) Grok.

Let's see how that's going...

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

As someone who has eaten super hot peppers including the reaper, capsaicin is fun. Super hots also tend to give you a head high. That said, I think ghost peppers and reapers taste like poo poo. Some recipes with ghost peppers are ok, like Paqui haunted ghost pepper chips.

My kids did give me Da Bomb Beyond Insanity, the most infamous sauce on Hot Ones despite only being rated at 135,000 shu. It’s made of habanero and chipotle, which sounds delicious, right? Well, it tastes like poo poo because it has orange juice concentrate in it for some reason. Really.

They also gave me some reaper sauce, but I feel like you can’t cover up the unpleasant flavor of reapers effectively.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/sGrXDUA.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
There has to be a better way

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
I'm hella struggling to lift this thing, but I'm sure once I get it to head level and tip it over, thereby shifting all the weight inside, I won't have any balancing problems anymore!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
where are people buying water jugs that don't get punctured open by the dispenser once they're in place?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

china bot posted:

where are people buying water jugs that don't get punctured open by the dispenser once they're in place?

Water stores I think

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

They should try out the wonder of indoor plumbing, it's great!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
A cheapo countertop water dispenser? They're lucky the water spilled so that they didn't have to drink what came out of there. If they're not deep cleaning and vinegar-flushing that thing often, then the water that comes out will be nastier than a goon's keyboard

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Elon Musk had a hissy fit over ChatGPT and announced he was making his own super special "non-woke" chat thing called (sigh) Grok.

Let's see how that's going...

Oh this is SPLENDID

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sentient Data posted:

A cheapo countertop water dispenser? They're lucky the water spilled so that they didn't have to drink what came out of there. If they're not deep cleaning and vinegar-flushing that thing often, then the water that comes out will be nastier than a goon's keyboard

Goopy?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's just the Mother

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

Aramoro posted:

They should try out the wonder of indoor plumbing, it's great!

In some places the widely supplied water in non-potable, or they might not like the taste, or it's very heavy, or it's not there, etc.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Flint_Paper posted:

Oh this is SPLENDID

Maybe Musk can try to make an anti-woke car that will definitely target children and accidentally make the safest cars yet

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I half believe that they couldn't actually code a functioning chatbot so there's just some comrade intern typing away furiously

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

credburn posted:

"Paki" is a British slur for Pakistani immigrants. There's a lot of Pakistani immigrants in the UK, because they colonized their country and then arbitrarily split it in half.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tendales posted:

I half believe that they couldn't actually code a functioning chatbot so there's just some comrade intern typing away furiously

Amazon mturk service, coming full circle

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

I think I'd just rather take a belt sander to my grundle, frankly

lol

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmiK7u1YFWw

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's a good way to gently caress up your backflip

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

BlackIronHeart posted:

Almond milk?

Atom Bomb is like 130k on the Scoville scale and a Jalapeno pepper is around 3k so you really jumped into the deep end.

Almond Milk does not contain casein, his best option would be citrus which will neutralize the capsaicin.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

BlackIronHeart posted:

Almond milk?

Atom Bomb is like 130k on the Scoville scale and a Jalapeno pepper is around 3k so you really jumped into the deep end.

It was probably Da Bomb from Hot Ones and they claim it's only 130k scoville too but it's by far the worst hot sauce i've ever tried.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Large Testicles posted:

It was probably Da Bomb from Hot Ones and they claim it's only 130k scoville too but it's by far the worst hot sauce i've ever tried.

When I watch Hot Ones and it's a guest who can seriously take the heat, they consistently say it's terrible, then they'll have the next, hotter sauce and be like "this is tasty, I love this one." It's not the heat that maks it bad.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Seriously that OJ concentrate as their preserving acid was a BAD idea. I would normally love habanero and chipotle.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Large Testicles posted:

Yeah that was the one. We had a "hotter" hot sauce after Da Bomb but it wasn't nearly as bad. Da Bomb hosed us up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I wonder how much Da Bomb pays Hot Ones to stay on the show, they switch up a bunch of the other hot sauces between seasons but that one is always on there.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think they keep it on there because they know it fucks people up and always gives them quality footage for the last third as a result. Can't have guests who are hot sauce connoisseurs smooth sailing through the wings, you at least want a scene of them where they pause to cough so you can isolate the audio and turn up the volume.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Dec 10, 2023

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/TeENJpq.mp4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mierenneuker posted:

I think they keep it on there because they know it fucks people up and always gives them quality footage for the last third as a result. Can't have guests who are hot sauce connoisseurs smooth sailing through the wings, you at least want a scene of them where they pause to cough so you can isolate the audio and turn up the volume.

Pretty sure they've stated as much in at least one of the lineup videos. They know it's gonna gently caress people up as a curveball, and it's a running joke at this point after so long.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Mierenneuker posted:

Some cooking show lady was on and she didn't eat the wings but had a spoonful of each sauce as they went along, didn't blink once on any of them :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Takes No Damage posted:

Some cooking show lady was on and she didn't eat the wings but had a spoonful of each sauce as they went along, didn't blink once on any of them :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t69oHRPb4E8&t=766s