Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I heard he failed his physical because of a severe Italian Beef deficiency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Is anyone tracking a private jet flying from Tokyo to O’Hare cos I’m pretty sure it’s time for my new best friend Yoshinobu Yamamoto to sign with the Chicago Cubs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bregor posted:

Is anyone tracking a private jet flying from Tokyo to O’Hare cos I’m pretty sure it’s time for my new best friend Yoshinobu Yamamoto to sign with the Chicago Cubs

everything i've seen says the cubs are out on Yamamoto

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Lies

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees should bring back Tanaka in addition to Yamamoto so they can be best buds.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Im super excited to be a Dodgers fan. Rather, I’m super excited to be a fan of literally any team that isn’t the Angels any more.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lmfao, you know what, props for going "I took a huge L but it was also massively funny that I did so I wouldn't change poo poo"

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
I hear Yamamoto is on a jet to Toronto right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: THE FLOODGATES ARE OPEN. WELCOME TO THE MOTHERFUCKING DEAL ZONE
https://x.com/MLB/status/1733896470196043983?s=20

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

R.D. Mangles posted:

:siren: THE FLOODGATES ARE OPEN. WELCOME TO THE MOTHERFUCKING DEAL ZONE
https://x.com/MLB/status/1733896470196043983?s=20

Scott Harris does it again. Pack it in, motherfuckers :hellyeah:

This is seriously a great move. It fills a need, and he was fun/good when he was in Detroit before. Snag another SP and maybe another surprise hitter and we'll be cooking with gas.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wow the Jays got played!!!??

https://twitter.com/Brandon_N_Wile/status/1733670787159118045

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cubs are going to sign rhys hoskins to hit .234/.307/.402 in 135 plate appearances before releasing him and agreeing to eat his 2025 salary.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

cubs are going to sign rhys hoskins to hit .234/.307/.402 in 135 plate appearances before releasing him and agreeing to eat his 2025 salary.

A nightmare scenario for all of us Merverts

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Also $4mil with an option year for Chafin seems like a good value

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Monathin posted:

lmfao, you know what, props for going "I took a huge L but it was also massively funny that I did so I wouldn't change poo poo"

how is this even a question, obviously later in life whenever Ohtani comes up, you want to be the guy boring your drinking buddies or grandchildren or whoever with the story of the time he sized you up and crushed a majestic dong off you

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This is all highly speculative. There's nothing in that piece confirming the Dodgers offer changed on or after Friday. Maybe that's what happened, but this is just Verducci guessing. We may get more details leaking out about the process after the deal is finalized and the team has announced him.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1733903363941527632?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

:siren: RELIEF PITCHER DEAL ZONE :siren:

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

bawfuls posted:

This is all highly speculative. There's nothing in that piece confirming the Dodgers offer changed on or after Friday. Maybe that's what happened, but this is just Verducci guessing. We may get more details leaking out about the process after the deal is finalized and the team has announced him.

Personally the lesson I took from this is to believe baseball twitter when they talk about the Ohtani negotiations

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Congrats Royals on winning the 2024 WS I guess

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
It'll be the team the Royals flip him to in July.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Will Smith getting under paid as much as you can say Ohtani is getting over paid.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
GF and I are seriously considering going to SK for the Dodgers/Padres series. I have zero idea how to get tickets for those games though

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dodgers are the cubs opponents for the home opener, lmao

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
very glad that within the wide world of journalism the most incompetent of the bunch ended up in the world of baseball. wait are they the most incompetent? political journalists are probably worse but i'm not going to check

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Rags to Liches posted:

the Dodgers outspent Cohen, this is funny

(and as a Mets fan, I'm also annoyed that we haven't signed anyone other than Severino yet, but some of the depth pitchers look intriguing if Hefner can fix them)

Don’t worry. Sports radio is saying that the Mets won’t be outbid for Yamamoto.

:negative:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

It's be much easier if there weren't two Will Smiths in league, since his name is apparently the secret ingredient in winning the World Series

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

TV Zombie posted:

Don’t worry. Sports radio is saying that the Mets won’t be outbid for Yamamoto.

:negative:

Looking forward to the Mets FO winning a bidding war against another part of the Mets FO

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1733929181535232481

The Blue Jays have more trades/FA's to finish second for!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

No fair, I reported this breaking story first

Eric the Mauve posted:

Ohtani in the wake of Robertsgate telling the Dodgers "Your arrogance offends me, and for that the price just went up 10%" and really going to the hilt trying to make them believe he'll go sign with Toronto, no really I'm serious, you'd better goose that offer right now because I'm gonna do it, don't test me, you'll be sorry

You can't prove I was just making poo poo up. I assume I can be a twitter celebrity now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

lol at the mlb media trying to drag him through the mud after he wouldn't play along with them

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I won't go quite so far as to give Ohtani's agent definite credit for this, but "if anything leaks about us talking to you, the price will go up" is a pretty nifty way of ensuring the price goes absolutely as high as possible, since it is 2023 and everything always leaks. Even many things that turn out to have not actually happened.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

R.D. Mangles posted:

dodgers are the cubs opponents for the home opener, lmao

it's the rockies, but we do play 3 day games with the dodgers that week. hope the weather is awful

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Did TORONTO know that Ohtani wasn't on that plane? Like were they internally also going "Wait what??" Was a deal ever actually negotiated and offered?

DID they get played? The idea that they knew they didn't have a deal is actually funnier to me, but if they had an active offer but knew otherwise, not being able to say anything JUST IN CASE is such a fuckin pro move.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I imagine the prevailing feeling in the Toronto front office Friday was "I don't have a meeting with Ohtani, do you?...do you?... well, for all we know Eddie set something up without telling any of us so we'd better keep quiet about it for now."

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Gorman Thomas posted:

GF and I are seriously considering going to SK for the Dodgers/Padres series. I have zero idea how to get tickets for those games though
both teams and the league probably have an email sign up where you will get notified when tickets go on sale

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

And then you can go to stubhub and pay 5x face value for them, because they all will be purchased by bots 0.2 seconds after going up for sale

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

lol at the mlb media trying to drag him through the mud after he wouldn't play along with them
it's really something! Just to recap:

-Ohtani's people decree NO LEAKS
-baseball writers whine and cry that there aren't any leaks, so how can they write stories without being spoonfed information from the player's agent??
-finally on Friday there are leaks of dubious validity, baseball twitter has a day
-leaks turn out to be wrong, baseball writers complain that it's mean to feed them false information

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1733930416833237075

God loving dammit. Why. WHY.

Hedges sucks! Framing is a scam! We were free of him! We literally just claimed Bethancourt off the Rays to serve as Bo's backup!

Why are we paying 4 million dollars for Austin Hedges.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Monathin posted:

God loving dammit. Why. WHY.

Hedges sucks! Framing is a scam! We were free of him! We literally just claimed Bethancourt off the Rays to serve as Bo's backup!

Why are we paying 4 million dollars for Austin Hedges.

VeTeRaN LeAdErShIp!!!!!1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I finally laughed