Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

ZombieCrew posted:

Lol fuckin mercedes lewis looked shocked to have touched the ball.

Throwing him a bailout pass could be considered elder abuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Second leaping crotch to face move of the game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If this is just a copy of the first game exactly it would be insanely funny

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If Goff isn’t tucked into the pocket with a teddy bear he is an absolute liability

Where is Monty too? We keep running Gibbs into a meat grinder that he just cannot bounce off of

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If Goff isn’t tucked into the pocket with a teddy bear he is an absolute liability

Where is Monty too? We keep running Gibbs into a meat grinder that he just cannot bounce off of

All of this.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I hate the 3rd quarter every game

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I still can't believe that intentional grounding no call

PFF podcast said it best about this year, you shouldn't be holding your breath on intentional grounding to see if the refs get it right

I've definitely seen the exact opposite decision as well where the QB was hit mid throw and the ref specifically said that didn't matter

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
FIELDS GOT WHEELS!!!

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Ok I’m am officially worried about The Lions

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MikeCrotch posted:

I still can't believe that intentional grounding no call

PFF podcast said it best about this year, you shouldn't be holding your breath on intentional grounding to see if the refs get it right

I've definitely seen the exact opposite decision as well where the QB was hit mid throw and the ref specifically said that didn't matter

The main thing making it a gently caress-up is that he was 100% not hit mid-throw, he was getting sacked and decided to throw .2 seconds before he hit the ground

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aaron Glenn should be left in Chicago.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You know if the Carr wouldn’t have died the Packers would be in a insane place right now

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So basically it's score a TD this drive or game over. Sweet

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

The main thing making it a gently caress-up is that he was 100% not hit mid-throw, he was getting sacked and decided to throw .2 seconds before he hit the ground

Honestly, it shoulda just been a sack. He was in the grasp of being sacked. The throw shouldnt have counted at all.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Jesus Christ what the hell is this playcalling today!!?!?!?!?!?!:?:!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
da bears

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It is happening again

:getin:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Everyone screams constantly about firing Aaron Glenn and how the defense is awful, and I think that's misguided. The defense isn't great, but that wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if the offense could actually perform consistently. This is supposed to be the strength of the team, but they are constantly sputtering out in the middle of games.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Jesus Christ, a handoff that far back? Congrats Bear fans.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

What would you hand off the ball 8 yards behind the line when you need one loving yard!?!?!?!?:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao that was a getsy rear end playcall

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Ben Johnson needs to get his head out of his rear end. His play calling has been poo poo all game.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Lions stinky

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Score a TD and end this bitch.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Not loving good enough in any phase.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Everyone screams constantly about firing Aaron Glenn and how the defense is awful, and I think that's misguided. The defense isn't great, but that wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if the offense could actually perform consistently. This is supposed to be the strength of the team, but they are constantly sputtering out in the middle of games.

There's also just like a big lack of talent on the defence at like every level

I'm not a huge fan of Glenn but he's not exactly working with prime material

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Scipiotik posted:

Ben Johnson needs to get his head out of his rear end. His play calling has been poo poo all game.

I still want him for HC

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gonz posted:

Aaron Glenn should be left in Chicago.

The guy's taken some deserved lumps, but I don't know how you can say this is his fault today

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

There's also just like a big lack of talent on the defence at like every level

I'm not a huge fan of Glenn but he's not exactly working with prime material

It's also hard on the defense when they're on the field for so goddamn long during a game. Offense has been absolute poo poo today

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I only want to see Monty lined up for the rest of this game

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Lions season is done. I don't mean that in a "they're going to lose out" way, I mean its clear they aren't ready yet. Can they win the division? What was a certainty is now a doubt. Even if they do they're getting bounced unless they play the perfect imperfect team.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

trevorreznik posted:

The bears are going to win

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

yeah this game is entirely on the offense.

The Bears have had absurd field position today

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

DJ Moore is really good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

trevorreznik posted:

The bears are going to win

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

If it wasn't for the Lions defense holding the Bears to FG's the Bears would have ran a train on these dudes lol.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
i'm here from the future

feel free to preemptively congratulate the 2023 NFC North champions, the Green Bay Packers

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dexo posted:

yeah this game is entirely on the offense.

The Bears have had absurd field position today

Sure, but they should have punted to flip the field. Its on their coaches. Too much faith on the offense and not enough for the defense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This is actually play out exactly like game 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Lions drives today so far:

1. 6 plays, 12 yards, punt
2. 6 plays, 40 yards, INT
3. 9 plays, 61 yards, TD
4. 11 plays, 53 yards, TD
5. 3 plays, 4 yards, punt
6. 3 plays, 7 yards, punt
7. 3 plays, -1 yard, punt
8. 2 plays, 6 yards, fumble
9. 4 plays, 5 yards, turnover on downs.

That is a terrible performance, and makes it impossible for me to say the defense is the problem when the offense can only made it past midfield on 1/3 of their drives.