Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SexyBlindfold posted:

won't that lead to players putting in extra time / hearts / buddy points with a companion they don't like so they can sacrifice them later

it doesnt tell you ahead of time someone is going to die but if you do know then the smart choice would be to game the system so you dont lose someone useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Now instead of hoarding all your items until the end of the game you hoard your teammates

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does the robot count toward this or is it just the 5 or so humans they want you to care about

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I wholesale plagiarized a 10th grade social studies essay and I didn't get caught only because old people in 2003 didn't know what an internets was but if I did get caught I don't know how far I could get with an "actually it's the system's fault" argument.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Peter Coffin genuinely seems to believe having friends is a conspiracy. This has been a repeated response from him.

I remember when Caleb Maupin was giddly pushing that "breadtube" was a Interpol/MI6/CIA-backed conspiracy because someone received some funding from a UK government charity for research they did on a video project. Coffin, being a pathetic lamprey, was latched onto Maupin at the time and happily boosting that poo poo.

He also got mad about this when people exposed his friend for being a cult leader.

Was Coffin also the one who was friends with an FBI informant?

Coffin is a sad narcissist who burns through any positive relationships they have, and then finds some other place they can ingratiate themselves in. I wouldn't bother watching any videos of theirs. They're an attention monger like Jeremy Hambly/The Quartering, but catering to bitter nazbols with faux communist critiques instead of open fascism.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nuns with Guns posted:

I remember when Caleb Maupin was giddly pushing that "breadtube" was a Interpol/MI6/CIA-backed conspiracy because someone received some funding from a UK government charity for research they did on a video project. Coffin, being a pathetic lamprey, was latched onto Maupin at the time and happily boosting that poo poo.

Coffin is a sad narcissist who burns through any positive relationships they have, and then finds some other place they can ingratiate themselves in. I wouldn't bother watching any videos of theirs. They're an attention monger like Jeremy Hambly/The Quartering, but catering to bitter naznols with faux communist critiques instead of open fascism.

Wait his name is actually Hambly and I’ve never heard anyone call him Hambleast?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Bakeneko posted:

I skipped around through one of Coffin’s braindead gibberish videos and their basic argument is: everything is the fault of systemic problems, so you should never hold an individual accountable for doing something unethical and you especially shouldn’t criticize them online for inventing a fake Asian girlfriend plagiarism because that makes you the bully.

It was accompanied by this thumbnail:

Oh poo poo, Content Cop is back!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Wait his name is actually Hambly and I’ve never heard anyone call him Hambleast?

Yeah that's his name. I've heard people riffing on it before, but it's hard to dunk on the guy harder than he's dunked himself.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 10, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yeah that's his name. I've hard people riffing on it before, but it's hard to dunk on the guy harder than he's dunked himself.

That’s quite fair, there is so much more to critique that man with than to repeat what his mirror already tells him.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

Not sure on the fbi informant, but the cult leader was Maupin.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey, who amongst us hasn’t forced a group of teenagers into dependency upon us so that we could require them to spank us in exchange for food and shelter?

What’s truly fascinating about him is how someone so devoid of any charisma could attract anyone’s attention at all, even for a moment.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Bakeneko posted:

I skipped around through one of Coffin’s braindead gibberish videos and their basic argument is: everything is the fault of systemic problems, so you should never hold an individual accountable for doing something unethical and you especially shouldn’t criticize them online for inventing a fake Asian girlfriend plagiarism because that makes you the bully.

It was accompanied by this thumbnail:

Look, there's literally no other way to earn a living. I have a kid to use as a shield from criticism feed. It's the system's fault.
This post brought to you by Phillip Morris

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

if you mean laurelai bailey, the snitch hacker and sexual predator, yes. they were chummy on mastodon back when she wasn't ashamed to show herself in public.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Not sure on the fbi informant, but the cult leader was Maupin.

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

if you mean laurelai bailey, the snitch hacker and sexual predator, yes. they were chummy on mastodon back when she wasn't ashamed to show herself in public.

Ah, yes, that's who I was thinking of. Coffin defended her when the serial rape accusations came out.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

While watching the Todd/Hbomb double team I did wonder if Coffin and that weird cluster of thinly veiled reactionaries and drama merchants that Coffin orbited were doing now. Not surprised that Coffin is still out there though pleased that the audience appears to have dried up.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Baka-nin posted:

While watching the Todd/Hbomb double team I did wonder if Coffin and that weird cluster of thinly veiled reactionaries and drama merchants that Coffin orbited were doing now. Not surprised that Coffin is still out there though pleased that the audience appears to have dried up.

Maupin turning out to be a cult leader and sex pest made them all go a bit quiet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hmmm. borger king

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Weird channel that will either be interesting as gently caress or the worst idea ever, depending on your level of anime antibodies, but I really enjoy Amelie Doree, who does reviews/summaries for a very niche topic: Eroge VNs, most of which are untranslated, highly influential, and/or gay as hell. Here's her video on Gun-Katana, a weird 2000's boomer shooter/VN hybrid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oougvv7AQk

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Weird channel that will either be interesting as gently caress or the worst idea ever, depending on your level of anime antibodies, but I really enjoy Amelie Doree, who does reviews/summaries for a very niche topic: Eroge VNs, most of which are untranslated, highly influential, and/or gay as hell. Here's her video on Gun-Katana, a weird 2000's boomer shooter/VN hybrid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oougvv7AQk

I just started watching like 5 min of her Sex 2 the sequel to sex video earlier today before work lmao because how can you not click on a sequel to sex of all things? Glad to hear it’s worth coming back to for more than the 5 min though IDK how long that schtick can carry me, being quite allergic to eroge.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
yeah Amelie Doree's videos are good even though I'm not particularly into the topic of (most of) them so I find myself spacing out often. it's almost like my attention has a deficit!!!
i did like this one about 16-bit sensation, a manga about a small ero game company in the 90s with surprisingly good vibes. it recently got an anime adaptation but they inexplicably isekai'd it, adding a plot point about the protagonist being a gen-z woman who gets time-warped to 90s japan. it's what's selling these days, i guess???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLn_pgB-4Hs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

hmmm. borger king

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

starfield will kill off your most used companion for shock value and you cant avoid it which means if you use a companion for their useful skills you lose them for no reason and you cant get them back or replace them i believe bethseda thought this would be deep and meaningful and not annoying and pointless

Lol I played up to slightly after this point and I didn’t realize this was how the characters who go to the eye and stay at the lodge are decided. I thought it was just pre-written. I assumed everyone who went to the Eye would lose Cowboy Dad but it’s just a “well who do they like most” thing. That’s sort of a shame, I thought that was one of the better elements of the story as I saw it because of his kid but if it had been any of the others I don’t think I would have liked it as much.

Starfield’s story is so frustrating, there’s one moment where I thought it was gonna go do something truly interesting and make the story way more theological and like one of my favorite movies (Prometheus) but instead it’s just bog-standard multiverse fuckery. I’m so tired of multiverses because they so rarely use that to say anything interesting.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nuns with Guns posted:

Coffin is a sad narcissist who burns through any positive relationships they have, and then finds some other place they can ingratiate themselves in. I wouldn't bother watching any videos of theirs. They're an attention monger like Jeremy Hambly/The Quartering, but catering to bitter nazbols with faux communist critiques instead of open fascism.

I actually went and watched Coffin's "HBomb video REAXX!" response videos and their arguments were terrible and at times it really felt like they were deliberately whiffing it to try to goad HBomb into replying so they could worm their way into the wider discourse and rack up the view count on their own channel. I dunno, I haven't seen any of their videos before so maybe they're just always this bad? They did the lovely highschool debate team thing of singling out a sentence from the opposite team, redefining a key word and then smugly proclaiming that the argument no longer makes any sense. Lazy shameful poo poo.

They also kept arguing that laws only protect the Capitalist class therefore IP laws (which make plagiarism bad) only benefit Capitalists and shouldn't be a problem for real Leftists since if laws aren't real then plagiarism isn't a bad thing and not a real problem, and also kept going on and on about how HBomb's actions have started an internet witch hunt for people "who simply repeated something that someone else said first without crediting them, which is just a normal thing which happens in conversation all the time". It's suuuuuuper tempting to assume that was all an awkward attempt to get ahead of any accusations that might come their way but :shrug:

I wouldn't recommend anyone else watch those videos, they were a waste of time.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah, seems very much like trying to attract attention and provoke a response that can create more material for Peter to respond to in the hope of getting more attention and becoming part of the larger discourse.

I still remember something I think Shaun said about shoeonhead, which was something like, “the trick is to understand that she wants you to bother paying attention to whatever she’s saying, so you can’t get anywhere by doing that.”

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaoY2DlVr8

I didn't see anyone post this but jirard the completionist finally broke his silence after getting caught up in the charity-money-never-being-donated-for-10-years-scandal. I will admit I didn't watch nor will I ever watch him read a document prepared by his lawyers for 19 minutes but from reading the comments he, to nobody's surprise, didn't apologize or take accountability for anything, hit us with the "I'm sorry if you felt misled" line then hit everyone with a lot of emotional testimony, but the real story is at the end he threatened to sue the two youtubers who brought this up and reported on the things he tacitly admitted to in a call. He also did donate all the money on Nov 29th which does nothing but demonstrate that those youtubers are the only reason they moved the money, but anyway he handled this horribly, gently caress him, I hope his channel burns.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Sounds like an awful way to handle this yes.

That said I cant help but find it funny that Karl Jobst is getting sued again.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
karl jobst is a bad person and hell let them fight

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont know jirad or the full story maybe things are more complicated with charities i dont really care if he actually sent the money where its supposed to go but karl kobst is a just a drama whore that likes to stir poo poo up and used to be a pick up artist on top of being friends with nazis

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
imagining that goofy sounding mother fucker talking about goldeneye speedruns to pick up chicks and loling

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

beep by grandpa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaoY2DlVr8

I didn't see anyone post this but jirard the completionist finally broke his silence after getting caught up in the charity-money-never-being-donated-for-10-years-scandal. I will admit I didn't watch nor will I ever watch him read a document prepared by his lawyers for 19 minutes but from reading the comments he, to nobody's surprise, didn't apologize or take accountability for anything, hit us with the "I'm sorry if you felt misled" line then hit everyone with a lot of emotional testimony, but the real story is at the end he threatened to sue the two youtubers who brought this up and reported on the things he tacitly admitted to in a call. He also did donate all the money on Nov 29th which does nothing but demonstrate that those youtubers are the only reason they moved the money, but anyway he handled this horribly, gently caress him, I hope his channel burns.

I feel like actually watching it instead of relying on the comments is a better way to go? He does apologize several times regarding the handling of the money and its relation to IndieLand. Whether or not you accept the apology is up to you, but he does aplogize several times. The handling of the money is obviously lovely, and he even mentions Indieland in the future will not do charity again (likely because no one would trust it). I still think a big reason for this whole mess is that I think Jirard let his dad handle the whole thing (since it was originally part of his dad's golf tournament stuff) and just never looked into or gave it much though. Which like isn't good either but still. He gives a fairly long list of rebuttals to all the money/tax stuff the other two youtubers brought up against him, and if all he said ends up being true I think he does have a legit case against them because they really did create a shitstorm over Jirard and his family/work/friends. There's definitely a bit of those videos that felt really thirsty to get Jirard put into jail

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I'm pretty unfamiliar with these guys outside of this situation, but a quick google seems to bring up a lot of controversy or scam related articles and also he looks like if he went into the sun he'd burst into flames

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

beep by grandpa posted:

"I didn't watch this video but here are some reactions I'm having to other people's reactions to it" isn't really the own you think it is, especially when he does, in fact, apologize for several things.

Karl Jobst sucks for all the reasons 16BBH brought up, but even aside from who does or does not suck, I do not think the testimony of someone who puts out a video directly accusing someone of "stealing" money which was not stolen, constantly saying in the video "I'm not a lawyer but doesn't this seem SUSPICIOUS?!?!?" is not exactly a trustworthy source when the other side provides receipts directly refuting the fraud accusations. Jirard's video goes into a lot of detail, and there was admittance of the things that were not handled correctly - yes the money was not donated in a timely manner with no clear timetable provided publicly, yes the comments by Jirard regarding donations and their timetable were misleading, yes Jirard's family yadda yadda yadda - but the money was donated and the rest of the allegations are far-reaching. There comes a point where what Karl Jobst did is defamation under the guise of being a concerned citizen. It's also just drama bait and headhunting because that's Karl's MO. A deeply dull existence to please the algorithm.

Maybe I'll be wrong and the next thing I'll hear about is Convicted Felon Jirard Khalil but it really feels like a ridiculous situation based on a lot of assumptions that exploded because it turns out that "accusing a guy of major crimes based on shaky legal groundwork and Source: Dude Trust Me and it causing fiscal damage to his company and public image" is not something that can be Posted Through. If I'm wrong, well, Jirard joins Ted DiBiase Jr. in the hall of "extremely funny people I have photos of myself with". :shrug:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Grassy Knowles posted:

I just started watching like 5 min of her Sex 2 the sequel to sex video earlier today before work lmao because how can you not click on a sequel to sex of all things? Glad to hear it’s worth coming back to for more than the 5 min though IDK how long that schtick can carry me, being quite allergic to eroge.

The algorithm also recommended me her video on Sex 2 and yeah, there’s no way I’m not going to watch a video about Sex 2 (the sequel to Sex). Come for the goofy meme game stay for the highly thoughtful and emotional commentary on what counts as art, finding and connecting with niche interests, and why cringe is cool actually.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Marenghi posted:

I haven't followed it much but what I gather from clips is it's a silent hill game where occasionally other players will show up in your game as NPCs. So you can get weedlord bonerhitler showing up in your silent hill to talk about their jam making hobby, or equivilent dialogue written by chatgpt.
there is no 'your game', the entire 'game' is just an american idol voting system and twitch chat bolted to a singular video stream channel.

the jam making guy isn't someone else's character or anything, it's just a thing that was scripted to happen on the serialised tv show silent hill ascension.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I actually went and watched Coffin's "HBomb video REAXX!" response videos and their arguments were terrible and at times it really felt like they were deliberately whiffing it to try to goad HBomb into replying so they could worm their way into the wider discourse and rack up the view count on their own channel. I dunno, I haven't seen any of their videos before so maybe they're just always this bad? They did the lovely highschool debate team thing of singling out a sentence from the opposite team, redefining a key word and then smugly proclaiming that the argument no longer makes any sense. Lazy shameful poo poo.

They also kept arguing that laws only protect the Capitalist class therefore IP laws (which make plagiarism bad) only benefit Capitalists and shouldn't be a problem for real Leftists since if laws aren't real then plagiarism isn't a bad thing and not a real problem, and also kept going on and on about how HBomb's actions have started an internet witch hunt for people "who simply repeated something that someone else said first without crediting them, which is just a normal thing which happens in conversation all the time". It's suuuuuuper tempting to assume that was all an awkward attempt to get ahead of any accusations that might come their way but :shrug:

I wouldn't recommend anyone else watch those videos, they were a waste of time.
that sounds like a pretty standard coffin video, the only thing i'm missing for bingo is at least three utterances of "social capital"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Has anyone said how god drat funny "Hey, we're launching our queer film studio. We cannot have competition for this. Kill Somerton’s company" is as an idea yet

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Matt Baume, who was mentioned in hbomb’s video as basically the version of James Somerton that doesn’t lie and steal and suck, just posted his new video

https://youtu.be/sUt3CKFwNmU?si=jQWydB_F1mEAbJKd

I can almost guarantee that you will not leave this video dry-eyed, even if you already know how Rock Hudson’s story ends.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Nakey Jakey on Starfield, the Game of the Year of 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS2emKDlGmE

Skipping all the discourse to say I watched this video and it is very good, does a great job of summing up what has been my main problem with Bethesda for like every game they've put out since Oblivion: they utterly refuse to grow or change or get with the times in any meaningful way and the result is that Starfield is a game that barely would have passed as impressive ten goddamn years ago.

my second biggest problem with Bethesda is that Pagliarulo is a loving hack who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it rules that karl jobsts video about the charity opens with a paid advertisement for war thunder lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sydin posted:

Skipping all the discourse to say I watched this video and it is very good, does a great job of summing up what has been my main problem with Bethesda for like every game they've put out since Oblivion: they utterly refuse to grow or change or get with the times in any meaningful way and the result is that Starfield is a game that barely would have passed as impressive ten goddamn years ago.

my second biggest problem with Bethesda is that Pagliarulo is a loving hack who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag.

I hate having biases because I like basically every game that has Arkham Asylum combat: Marvel's Spider-man, Shadow of Mordor/War, Mad Max, even that Captain America game looked fun. But then I look at Far Cry skinned Avatar and I'm like 'This couldn't be less appealing if they had tried!' and I feel guilty about it.

Like, I would happily play any game that played like pre-Dragon Engine Yakuza like 5, 0, and Kiwami 1, even if they're genres I'm not that into like fighting games; not interested in Street Fighter, but an open world Street Fighter with a simpler X,X,XX,YY combo is more my speed. Sorta like how there's a lot of Dynasty Warrior games across various series. Same with Ratchet and Clank; I'd love a Megaman game that played like that.