Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

fadam posted:

What about a 3 CMC mana rock that also lets you loot?

FIRE power creeping The C******* involves making it 2 mana and making the name more racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"the celestial" is such a cool name for a character and it bums me out that it's an archaic slur for chinese people

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's one of the Warlock patrons in DnD 5E if you want to play a light based clericy warlock.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LifeLynx posted:

Seems like it would take less effort to get either of the two correct quotes. What the hell.

It probably means they were given a script to take quotes from, i bet theres some inane behind the scenes poo poo where they had to use quotes from it bc contracts are dumb like that

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

mandatory lesbian posted:

It probably means they were given a script to take quotes from, i bet theres some inane behind the scenes poo poo where they had to use quotes from it bc contracts are dumb like that

they got the wrong script off some shady website and you know it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How many copy editing mistakes like "it's" have we seen recently, it seems like it's been going up in recent years

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How many copy editing mistakes like "it's" have we seen recently, it seems like it's been going up in recent years

Maybe, but they’re also just releasing a lot more cards period. Their error rate *per card* could easily be the same.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Has there ever been a typo or error so bad it changed what the card did?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Khanstant posted:

IIRC there have been a few cards that omitted "until the end of turn".

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Khanstant posted:

the final sentence of the oracle text on this card (the front face) is "Put all cards of the chosen type revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order." they caught the error only after they tried to put it in arena, and arena, doing what it was told, attempted to put every card of the chosen type on the battlefield into alrund's owner's hand and every other card on the bottom of alrund's owner's library

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha, amazing. Choose a type. Reveal the top two cards of library, just for fun. Then add all cards of chosen type to your hand and sort your library in any order you like. Seems good to me.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

kalel posted:

the final sentence of the oracle text on this card (the front face) is "Put all cards of the chosen type revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order." they caught the error only after they tried to put it in arena, and arena, doing what it was told, attempted to put every card of the chosen type on the battlefield into alrund's owner's hand and every other card on the bottom of alrund's owner's library

That’s hilarious. I couldn’t figure out what the errata needed to be just from reading the card.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Scryfall also has a day 0 errata tag: https://scryfall.com/search?q=oracletag%3Aday-zero-errata

Most aren't interesting though.

Hostage Taker originally being able to target itself for an infinite loop of ETB triggers is a big one, along with Marath being able to create infinite 0/0s for infinite death triggers.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 10, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the gently caress's a spuzzem

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
For those who didn't see, the Grand Open Qualifier in Barcelona this weekend had 702 players. 3 on scam. Won by scam :D

https://melee.gg/Tournament/View/38286

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Khanstant posted:

Yes. Just in alpha:
Elvish archers was printed as a 1/2 instead of a 2/1
Orcish oriflamme and Orcish artillery both had the wrong mana costs.
Cyclopean tomb didn't have a mana cost.

chronicles also has a bunch of these errors.

I'm a big fan of walking atlas. Still has yet to get a reprint with the right text.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Khanstant posted:

Hostage Taker was able to exile itself as written, thus creating an infinite loop.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Alan G posted:

For those who didn't see, the Grand Open Qualifier in Barcelona this weekend had 702 players. 3 on scam. Won by scam :D

https://melee.gg/Tournament/View/38286

This isn't a scam deck... It's just rakdos mid. But lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha I have Don't Try This At Home in the Chandra tribal deck I'm making. Glad I read the errata.

Walking Atlas seems like a cool construct and I'm surprised I haven't added it as ramp in any commander decks yet.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

My favorite misprint is always going to be Zaffai, Thunder Conductor from Commander 2021

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bah gawd that's Zaffai, Thunder Collectors' music!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

zaffai, thunder conductor: c major, sopranos and altos in thirds; altos on C, sopranos above. do you have it?

zaffai, thunder collector, transcribing: you're—you're going too fast—

zaffai, thunder conductor: do you have it???

kalel fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 10, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
didn't corpse knight or some other BW knight have the wrong statline in french for one set?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ilmucche posted:

didn't corpse knight or some other BW knight have the wrong statline in french for one set?

There was a knight in eldraine that came in one of the Brawl decks with misprinted toughness, the deck came with an insert of the correct card to swap out

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

the gently caress's a spuzzem

this mfer talking about spuzzems

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Quick tournament report from F2F Calgary on Saturday:

Deck list:
Creatures:
4x Ornithopter
2x Giver of Runes
4x Esper Sentinel
4x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Puresteel Paladin
1x Invisible Stalker
1x Gingerbrute
(20)
Enchantments:
4x Sigarda's Aid
1x Forge Anew
(5)
Instants:
2x Spell pierce
2x Surge of Salvation
(4)
Artifacts:
4x Colossus Hammer
1x Shadowspear
1x Nettlecyst
1x Kaldra Compleat
2x Springleaf Drum
(9)
Land:
4x Urza's saga
4x Plains
4x Flooded Strand
2x Hallowed Fountain
2x Seachrome Coast
3x Inkmoth Nexus
2x Marsh Flats
1x Arid Mesa
(22)
(60)
Sideboard:
2x March of Otherworldly Light
2x Path to Exile
2x Sanctifier en-Vec
1x Spell pierce
1x Surge of Salvation
2x Lavinia, Azorius Renegade
1x Pithing Needle
1x Relic of Progenitus
1x Manriki-Gusari
2x cursed totem
(15)

I CAN tell you I lost all 7 die rolls lmao

R1 vs temur rhinos
Lose Die Roll
Win 2-0

G1: I get drum into stoneforge into Sigarda’s aid. Punch in with tokens go to 31 put opponent to 1. Opponent top decks like mad to buy 4 more turns before I finally knock it out.

G2: I keep a risky single colored source hand but manage to get inkmoth across with a hammer and protection.

R2 vs mono black coffers (opponent top 8's)
Lose die roll
Lose 1-2

G1: opponent doesn’t see coffers and I go surge into activate inkmoth into inkmoth swing

G2 and G3: I draw 4 lands in a row at poor times and lose.

R3 vs 4c elementals
Lose die roll
Win 2-1

G1: is urzas saga into equip hammer beats. Invisible stalker count plus one.

I call judge into check my opponents deck as the deck is mostly foil and EXTREMELY CURLED with what appears to be windswept heath and eladamri’s call as the non-foils. There’s a few minutes of investigation and the judges can’t cut to specific cards but they do suggest opponent double sleeves, opponent also didn’t cut or shuffle my deck

G2: opponent has all the action and beats me with elementals

G3: opponent taps out for elesh norn so I love tap them with Inkmoths for 6 twice

R4 vs yawgmoth
Lose die roll
Win 2-1

G1: opponent goes t1 dork t2 dork and undying creature t3 yawgmoth and undying creature. Worst case Ontario

G2: we both mull to 6. I curve Sigarda’s aid into sanctifier into hammer + shadowspear so I’m immune to removal and ready to party

G3: I mull to 5 but have the platonic ideal t1 pithing needle boseiju t2 cursed totem followed by MAKIN CONSTRUCTS. Which eventually gets the win. Also I forgot to side out spell pierce which saved my rear end when opponent paid full rate for a force of vigor.

R5 vs murktide
Lose die roll
Lose 1-2

G1: I make a loose keep and my opponent capitalizes on it.

G2: I pithing needle my opponents fetch and then resolve invisible stalker into hammer. Stalker claims another victim

G3: I makes huge punt in this game by tapping out for a springleaf drum like an idiot and get blown out by into the fire. I cannot recover from that and get wrecked

R6 vs 5c creativity
Lose die roll
Win 2-0

G1: t1 Sigarda’s aid, t2 invisible stalker, t3 double hammer. *law and order sound effect*

G2: my opponent sees sideboard cards to stop me but never sees a creativity, so I swing in with triple stoneforge mystic for 8 turns. Truly a cursed game of magic the gathering. Opponent hard casts an archon and I surge to stop the trigger while opponent is at 1.

R7 vs living end
Lose die roll
Win 2-0

G1: opponent sees 30 cards or so but none of them are cascade cards. I was prepared to rebuild even if they did cascade but it didn’t come up.

G2: opponent T1 griefs and takes spell pierce but I immediately top deck Lavinia, lets goooooo. Opponent searches for an otawara while I swing in with a bunch of random crap to cross the finish line. lol, lmao.

5-2 is Good enough for 12th place, an invite to the RC, and some prizing.

Feeling good about beating two of my worst matchups.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Last RCQ of the season trip report: I got deck checked twice and lost both matches i got checked in, including the match that would have got me into top 8. (Not from any fault of my own, my opponent in round 4 got a game loss but i never did). I eventually finished 13th out of 42. On the plus side i crushed d00mwake round 1. Living End is fun.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Khanstant posted:

Orcish oriflame had the wrong cost
Corpse Knight has the wrong toughness

ilmucche posted:

English too. I think the whole first print run says 2/3

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 10, 2023

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ilmucche posted:

Yeah from m20. Iirc it only showed up in the prerelease printings, 2/3 instead of 2/2. This was in English though.

https://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2019/07/corpse-knight-misprints-show-up-at-some-core-set-2020-prereleases/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is my favorite misprint, the Drudge Swamp

I used to have one, but it got ruined at school when a can of grape soda exploded in my backpack and soaked my box of cards I had brought with me :smith:

Johnny Truant posted:

this mfer talking about spuzzems
shut the gently caress up you spuzzem

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
They forgot to put “until end of turn” on Oboro Envoy, I remember them announcing that for the pre-release

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

ShaneB posted:

This isn't a scam deck... It's just rakdos mid. But lol.

poo poo, I was wrong. She still had 5 scam effects in the deck and 4 Grief. lol.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

ShaneB posted:

poo poo, I was wrong. She still had 5 scam effects in the deck and 4 Grief. lol.

In game two Mariluz also double Griefed both David’s Shardless Agent which pretty much sealed the deal. :sun:

She was playing with a high level of confidence in all the showcase matches I saw on the stream and pre-sideboard she was positioned well with the 4 Dauthi main. All in all she was well prepared for the field.

Can’t wait to hear what the Reddit experts have to say about the format with these tournament results.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You can't keep grief down!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The original printing of Grafdigger's Cage in Chinese is wrong. Something about it only saying creature spells instead of all spells from the graveyard, or the other way around. I only know this because I was playing with it in Modern and someone was trying to say they could do something they shouldn't have been able to do because they just read my chinese copy of the card, and the judge had to explain the English version to them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
It turns out that running hot and getting an ideal matchup 5+ times lead to some success. Good on them. They went against living end 6 times? I do t think I have ran against the same deck like that in modern ever, not in a single tournament at least.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
It's adorable people actually thought scam was dead with just Fury gone. Yes, creature decks get to play again but Hymn To Seize on a stick backed up by LotR landfatties is still strong enough to define multiple archetypes in Legacy currently, there was no way it wasn't gonna adapt and keep trucking in Modern.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The original German Fate Reforged and Ugin's Fate printing of Ugin, the Spirit Dragon's -X ability is "Schicke alle ein- und mehrfarbigen bleibenden Karten mit umgewandelten Manakosten von X oder mehr ins Exil."

Which says to exile every colored permanent with CMC X "or greater". :v:

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mr. Locke posted:

It's adorable people actually thought scam was dead with just Fury gone. Yes, creature decks get to play again but Hymn To Seize on a stick backed up by LotR landfatties is still strong enough to define multiple archetypes in Legacy currently, there was no way it wasn't gonna adapt and keep trucking in Modern.

it was the only copy in the money lol. talk to me if its 20% of the meta in 3 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Mezzanon posted:

Quick tournament report from F2F Calgary on Saturday:

5-2 for an RC invite, meanwhile here in Europe you have to win a 32-64+ player event with Top 8 or go 12-2 or better in a two-day tournament :newlol: