Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Stop being friends with Seraph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
the sad thing is, he just acts like a regular person if you can get him to talk about anything that isn't bitcoin or star citizen

oh, and age of consent laws

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

How much bitcoin has your friend bought

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Maybe don't be friends with a pedophile rube

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i'm not

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It’s a store of value, just like gold bars! I mean you lose your entire life savings if you forget your password, but that’s just a risk you have to accept! I could laser etch my bitcoin wallet on a metal bar and bury that in my yard for security.

It’s the future!

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Foo Diddley posted:

the sad thing is, he just acts like a regular person if you can get him to talk about anything that isn't bitcoin or star citizen

seraph "acts like a regular person" is called 'masking'. He needs serious help, which he can get by calling 988, which is New York City's mental health line.

e:he is not welcome here, so please do not encourage him or enable him.

buttcoin

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 9, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I tattooed the code to my Bitcoin wallet on my penis where no one, not even me, will ever see it. My Bitcoins go up every morning.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe you should stop replying to him at all. You’re probably prime target to get a rise out of him when he posts. He can count on you to reply “988” and “buttcoin” every time he posts. It’s clearly not an effective strategy.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

:stonk:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

IUG posted:

Maybe you should stop replying to him at all. You’re probably prime target to get a rise out of him when he posts. He can count on you to reply “988” and “buttcoin” every time he posts. It’s clearly not an effective strategy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Desert Bus posted:

I tattooed the code to my Bitcoin wallet on my penis where no one, not even me, will ever see it. My Bitcoins go up every morning.

It's really volatile and there could be a lot of inflation and deflation.

Do you call it wash trading when you go for a shower?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No matter how much they talk it up its still ultimately disappointing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Buttcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

look at this fake burning caker

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A rare Crossover between the newspaper comics thread in BSS and buttcoin.
---

This second panel spoke to me.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

A rare Crossover between the newspaper comics thread in BSS and buttcoin.
---

This second panel spoke to me.

:lol:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Surely you can't be surprised by this.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Could I ask a favor? I know it's always fun when Seraph shows up, but I think just ignoring him until we can ban him is probably a reasonable policy at this point.

I'm not going to probe for it or anything, but he is a clearly unwell person, and it starts to get to an uncomfortable point when it ends being bashing a mentally ill person. Even if he's terrible.

Let him shout into the void for a while and maybe it will slow his current rereg frenzy.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I just wanted to say it's impressive some other chronic re-reg hadn't thought of the username "Facts vs Feelings". That's prime "never going to let this argument end" territory.

Also, Bitcoin is bullish right now, and I'm seeing the suckers of reddits wall street bets getting excited for it. They love buying high.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

because it's all a scam so behind the scenes people are manipulating the prices to help them not lose the money they've extracted from idiots.

this applies to all markets all the time everywhere

the rich do it so they stay rich

this has been the case for at least 33,000 years

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
https://twitter.com/PrestonPysh/status/1733249313818493313

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What is this reality? Because so far the only thing that has a possibility of happening is Bitcoin makes you rich……in fiat

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm sorry you know a Libertarian.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The CEO Binance is going to prison for financial crimes and the platform is getting raked by the fed but no, this is somehow very good for Bitcoin.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
it just proves that traditional finance is scared of bitcoins

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

SettingSun posted:

The CEO Binance is going to prison for financial crimes and the platform is getting raked by the fed but no, this is somehow very good for Bitcoin.

Exactly! It makes sense now!

Bitcoin being declared illegal? Value goes up. Bitcoin being centralized? Value goes up.

Can't possibly go wrong.

Wait, were we talking BBBY (gone/delisted), or Bitcoin? I guess it's all the same.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Could I ask a favor? I know it's always fun when Seraph shows up, but I think just ignoring him until we can ban him is probably a reasonable policy at this point.

I'm not going to probe for it or anything, but he is a clearly unwell person, and it starts to get to an uncomfortable point when it ends being bashing a mentally ill person. Even if he's terrible.

Let him shout into the void for a while and maybe it will slow his current rereg frenzy.

I mean, transvestigators show that someone can be both mentally ill and a vile person deserving of mockery.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Gotcha, the point wasn't really to make fun of Seraph as much as he was the only buttcoiner I remembered here. I can edit to restore the name to Nancy.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Gotcha, the point wasn't really to make fun of Seraph as much as he was the only buttcoiner I remembered here. I can edit to restore the name to Nancy.

You don't know ghostTITTY? They post some fire graphs.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

CaptainSarcastic posted:

maybe to add to this a little: it might be a pain in the rear end to do it, but if a mod could edit out his posts whenever they're banning him, that might help a bit. just make it clearer that no one's listening

ofc he'll probably just keep on going regardless, so idk if it's worth the effort or not

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Heh, what do you know?

That's what I would say if it turned out Bitcoin had a use. If that's satisfying to any Crypto fan, you can have it now. No need to wait for anything to actually succeed!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

maybe to add to this a little: it might be a pain in the rear end to do it, but if a mod could edit out his posts whenever they're banning him, that might help a bit. just make it clearer that no one's listening

ofc he'll probably just keep on going regardless, so idk if it's worth the effort or not

Right, I know Seth had been doing this, and I probably should have already done it by now. I'll go back and blank the posts in a minute here.

Edit: I just went through and I think all got all the most recent ones.

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 10, 2023

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Coinbase has been advertising on Twitch lol, best time to get those in when all the other Exchange's CEOs are in or going to prison I guess

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is Twitch even a good place to advertise for crypto? I mean gamers HATE NFTs so I don't see why they would be open to it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The fact that people who try to day trade don't understand why they can never win doesn't make the market itself corrupt.

The scumbag scam artists IMO are the heavily advertised, low friction trading apps that wow you with absurd infographics and overwhelming stat panels, encouraging users to believe they have the slightest clue what any of it means.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Lammasu posted:

Is Twitch even a good place to advertise for crypto? I mean gamers HATE NFTs so I don't see why they would be open to it.

If you make the messaging something like: "earn millions without leaving your home or getting a job" it'll really appeal to the shut-ins

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
The quotes in this article are on par with the bad decision, and compete with eachother.

https://coinpaper.com/2711/netflix-s-conquest-director-turns-4-m-into-27-m-on-wild-doge-bet

headline: Netflix’s ‘Conquest’ Director Turns $4M Into $27M on Wild DOGE Bet

idiot director posted:

In a chat with a Kraken representative after his successful cryptocurrency investment, Rinsch jubilantly exclaimed, "Thank you and god bless crypto."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lammasu posted:

twitch has stream categories for crypto, and finance. im pretty sure some stonk bro clips are twitch clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Coinbase has been advertising on Twitch lol, best time to get those in when all the other Exchange's CEOs are in or going to prison I guess
Are these the ones that are all like "wow it sure is hosed up that our parents and grandparents could afford houses just by getting normal jobs, but our generation is barely making ends meet, the system needs to change!"? Because they're running these on sports games too and I think it's the first ad I've seen in awhile that actively pissed me off.

It unironically makes a great point about how something needs to be done about unpayably huge student loans and a vastly overpriced housing market! And then the "solution" they propose isn't to actually do anything about this, but instead it's to have the generation that barely has enough money to survive gamble their scant remaining funds on loving crypto. loving hell.