Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Why did she give the spatula back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Spoonful of hot sauce is way chiller than a wing covered in it because unless you seriously gently caress up a spoon it doesn't get all over your lips and fingers

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Do they ever serve boneless wings on Hot Ones

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Unperson_47 posted:

Yeah, it’s all up to the guest’s preference. They do cauliflower bites sometimes too or other vegetarian options

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Unperson_47 posted:

Louis Theroux had boneless wings or tenders but I swear they cut to insert shots of wings every now and then

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I wouldn't want anyone to film the way I eat wings

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The screen half-covered in the captions "[moaning, grunting, slurping, expletives]"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

ASMR Hot Ones difficult interview finger licks and low belches

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

Yeah, it’s all up to the guest’s preference. They do cauliflower bites sometimes too or other vegetarian options

I respect that Sean always has the same thing as the guest, instead of it being a weird “I’m eating wings while this actor has their dumb vegan bullshit”

I feel like that show could have easily had a super obnoxious attitude, but they’ve done a pretty great job of just making it welcoming and fun instead.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hawowanlawow posted:

Uh...you mean ever, or just from now on...?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

hawowanlawow posted:

what about a banana?

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

lotta booty

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

hawowanlawow posted:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Elon Musk had a hissy fit over ChatGPT and announced he was making his own super special "non-woke" chat thing called (sigh) Grok.
Let's see how that's going...

I had never heard of it before. If those posts are legit I think they should probably hand Twitter over to the AI, it's clearly more qualified to run it than Muskie.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

I respect that Sean always has the same thing as the guest, instead of it being a weird “I’m eating wings while this actor has their dumb vegan bullshit”

I feel like that show could have easily had a super obnoxious attitude, but they’ve done a pretty great job of just making it welcoming and fun instead.

He's also a consistently fantastic interviewer and doesn't go for generic softball questions, instead diving deep into esoteric facets of his guest's lives and careers. It's really sweet watching some of the guests just light up as a personal interest is mentioned, or asking validation on some really weird story, when they're clearly going in expecting just another rote interview.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He's also a consistently fantastic interviewer and doesn't go for generic softball questions, instead diving deep into esoteric facets of his guest's lives and careers. It's really sweet watching some of the guests just light up as a personal interest is mentioned, or asking validation on some really weird story, when they're clearly going in expecting just another rote interview.

i think the only person who interviews as well as sean is narduwar

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Meh, he's no Louis Theroux. Celebs are boring, like my posts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

That reminds me of a weird video review of fast food wings I saw once where the reviewer just stuck the entire thing in his mouth and then pulled out the bones like a cartoon cat eating a fish.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

That reminds me of a weird video review of fast food wings I saw once where the reviewer just stuck the entire thing in his mouth and then pulled out the bones like a cartoon cat eating a fish.

That's the correct way.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Biplane posted:

That's the correct way.

eh, half the time you get some of the cartilage at the ends of the bone that way and unless it's been cooked properly, it's not good eats

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Hippocrass posted:

Drink milk.

Ice cream is where it's at. Seriously, it's the heat quencher.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Fage yogurt is my go-to "cool down in emergency" for other people, after trying a bunch of things.

Also, Big Fat's 708 is the best hot sauce ever IMO and uses orange juice concentrate. Made from Trinidad 7 pot peppers which are 1M+ scoville. Pure heat is boring, it's nice to have something with good flavor too.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

well yeah, that is how I do it

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I thought you were supposed to pass the bones back to your molars and grind them down?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought you were supposed to pass the bones back to your molars and grind them down?

I just let my gizzard take care of it and get rid of all the bones at once a bit later. They have my picture hanging up in every BWW, I can never go back :sigh:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I vomit a highly corrosive liquid over the wing to turn it into an easily digestible sludge I can suck up with my proboscis.

The rest of you are just weirdos.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Loop from FreudianSlippers’ webcam

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I can't believe they ruined two perfectly good french fry pizzas.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

freeedr posted:

As someone who has eaten super hot peppers including the reaper, capsaicin is fun. Super hots also tend to give you a head high. That said, I think ghost peppers and reapers taste like poo poo. Some recipes with ghost peppers are ok, like Paqui haunted ghost pepper chips.

My kids did give me Da Bomb Beyond Insanity, the most infamous sauce on Hot Ones despite only being rated at 135,000 shu. It’s made of habanero and chipotle, which sounds delicious, right? Well, it tastes like poo poo because it has orange juice concentrate in it for some reason. Really.

They also gave me some reaper sauce, but I feel like you can’t cover up the unpleasant flavor of reapers effectively.

It's also just hot. There's no flavor. It's weirdly hotter than other hot sauces i've had that are made with hotter peppers and are rated higher.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I once had a bottle of chilli oleoresin with an SHU of over a million. Had to do sequential dilution to use it.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

CainFortea posted:

It's also just hot. There's no flavor. It's weirdly hotter than other hot sauces i've had that are made with hotter peppers and are rated higher.

yeah, Da Bomb is something completely different in the hot sauce world (there are others like it but this one is on the show for a reason). they have to be lying about the capsaicin levels

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Only if you're making your own bread later.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Isn't the Scoville scale entirely feels based anyway

This whole chili culture is so loving stupid and childish

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

steinrokkan posted:

This whole chili culture is so loving stupid and childish

drat son Scoville readings off the scale on this burn

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Chili power levels quickly becoming as meaningless as they did in DBZ

Gonna breed a chili with a one quintillion rating.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 08:51 on Dec 11, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Isn't the Scoville scale entirely feels based anyway

No.

Well, not anymore.

Originally, Scoville would extract and dilute the capsaicin from peppers into steps, and once 3 of the 5 taste testers could no longer detect the heat, that was the level he used on the scale. So the more dilute something is required to be before you can't taste it anymore, the higher on the scale.

These days they perform chromatography to detect capsaicin. They still call it the scoville scale since he started doing it, but now it's parts per million * 16 to convert.

Edit: Also while looking up some of the spellings I found out there's an alkaloid in the sap of a plant called a spurge that is 16,000,000,000 on the scale. Pepper X is 2,693,000

CainFortea has a new favorite as of 08:54 on Dec 11, 2023

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
We got a t-shirt and our photo on the wall for eating what the place claimed was our cities hottest curry, there was a while during where it felt like like being on MDMA but the next morning it completely destroyed my butt hole so was overall not worth it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rozzbot posted:

We got a t-shirt and our photo on the wall for eating what the place claimed was our cities hottest curry, there was a while during where it felt like like being on MDMA but the next morning it completely destroyed my butt hole so was overall not worth it

My wife used to be in the "Mayo is too spicy" level.

Then she got covid.

And while she was sitting in her hotel room while in quarantine, she couldn't tell if she'd lost her sense of taste due to covid or because everything just tasted like poo poo cause she was super stressed. So her sister recommended she just eat some hot sauce packets. Like, DIablo sauce from Taco Bell.

She messaged me to tell me how excited she was that now she could eat spicy food and it didn't hit like a truck anymore, it opened up so many new foods!

The next day she texted me to tell me that "My butt hole is paying for my hubris. Why didn't anyone tell me that spicy food did this?!?"

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Think this is the worst pepper nonsense I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ayzC8Z6KlU

5:25 for the money shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Takes No Damage posted:

Think this is the worst pepper nonsense I've ever seen:

5:25 for the money shot.

This video is age-restricted and only available on YouTube (clicks on link) -> Sign in to YouTube to view this content

Like... at what point did the internet get so loving worthless that every domain is a walled garden doing its best to break cross-site linking?