Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Plagues (Especially once Helya drops, apparently a 100% chance of occurance on T4) hard disabling Reno cards is really bad feeling, given the only counter is fuckin' Steamcleaner.

E: Not helped that the entire ladder is Plague DK or Dragon Druid, choose your poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

It's good that you can often just kill them without needing your highlander cards.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

GTO posted:

It's good that you can often just kill them without needing your highlander cards.
Sure, but that's true of literally every strategy in every situation, it's a given. 'Win before they X' is just... yeah.

(Said as lightly as possible, no rebuttal, just... :shrug:)

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

GTO posted:

Ah yes. The age old strategy of Why worry about Dracula's an attrition deck's slow subtle approach when you can blow their rear end up with an RPG aggro deck?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Shockeh posted:

Sure, but that's true of literally every strategy in every situation, it's a given. 'Win before they X' is just... yeah.

(Said as lightly as possible, no rebuttal, just... :shrug:)

I think the main thing with Plague DK is that there isn't an X. It's why the deck isn't actually very good despite being omnipresent.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Oh sure, hence why I didn't say 'Plague DK is OP!' or whatever, it just feels bad to have cards turned off so.... flatly. They didn't do something smart, you didn't have an option to do anything about it, either.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Shockeh posted:

Oh sure, hence why I didn't say 'Plague DK is OP!' or whatever, it just feels bad to have cards turned off so.... flatly. They didn't do something smart, you didn't have an option to do anything about it, either.

You can run 2x several cards in highlander these days by using ETC plus one in the main deck. Putting too many tech cards in is often seen as a trap but definitely an option and dropping steam cleaner after they've used hela should put you at a v high win chance.

The main thing I've been caught out on is not paying attention and dropping reno down just for a 5 armour new hero power.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Sometimes you build a deck for a quest and it turns out Standard? This is maybe not good but it's fun as heck for the Excavate quest.

### Death-xcavation
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Death Growl
# 2x (2) Down with the Ship
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Pile of Bones
# 2x (2) Plague Strike
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Death
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Crop Rotation
# 2x (3) Reap What You Sow
# 2x (3) Sickly Grimewalker
# 1x (4) Helya
# 2x (4) Skeleton Crew
# 2x (5) Burrow Buster
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (7) Harrowing Ox
# 1x (8) The Primus
# 1x (20) Reska, the Pit Boss
#
AAECAfHhBASoigST+wXt/wX/lwYN8OME2fEEh/YE88gFgvgFyoMG0IMG9YwG94wG85EGiJIGl5UGkZcGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This dumb game has so far made me competent in pidgin Portugese, Spanish, Mandarin, Russian, etc. I try to talk to people in their own languages. Now i have like a dozen loving languages rattling around in my dumb head that can barely retain USEFUL information.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I picked N'Zoth in a lobby where the only beast was Phalanx, and it panned out well. It meant I wasn't even weak on the turn I leveled to 6 despite power leveling. Had a really lucky tempo setup on tier 2, though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
N'zoth is pretty funny with Undead lobbies yeah. If you destroy a deathrattle minion during the shop phase the fish gets that deathrattle permanently

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Yeah, though I didn't even notice that until the last fight, or I'd have put it early for tempo.

I forgot to mention the The Chef's Choice interaction with the fish explicitly, if somebody wasn't sure what I meant.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is a pretty solid list:

### Shdowburst Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Mind Sear
# 2x (1) Shadowbomber
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 2x (2) Defias Leper
# 2x (2) Mind Blast
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Twilight Deceptor
# 2x (3) Ashen Elemental
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 1x (4) Pip the Potent
# 1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus
# 2x (5) Spawn of Shadows
#
AAEBAZ/HAgK79wOknQYOoQSSBZEP0cECurYDm80D184Do/cDrfcDjYEEp+QEhoMF3aQFwKEGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I got this from some random Chinese person I beat with Beasts and we were both using translators to go between Mandarin and English, but the idea is you make big Charge minions. It ain't refined but they got to Diamond with it so...

### 一拳超人
# Class: Warrior
#
# 2x (1) Razorfen Rockstar
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Bladed Gauntlet
# 1x (2) Bladestorm
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Drywhisker Armorer
# 1x (2) Forge of Souls
# 2x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 1x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Shield Block
# 2x (2) Stoneskin Armorer
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Warsong Commander
# 2x (4) Light of the Phoenix
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 2x (10) Shield Shatter
#
AAEBAQcE9s8Ck9ADlfYDtPgFDdQE8QeN0gLP5wKktgP31AP5jAT6jAStoASO1ASPlQXwzQWh+wUAAA==
#

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
One of the last few achievements I have is the quckdraw one so I made a mage deck and tossed them all in and clicked complete my deck. It built me a cobalt drake highlander deck so I undoubled the qickdraw cards tossed an extra drake into etc and have been having lots of fun.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Popped into Wild to check it out after a couple years, and it was... surprisingly great? Tons of deck variation, lots of things seem very playable even if they're not optimal. Granted I don't have the booster stars so I'm only in mid-Plat. With everything more powered up things don't feel quite as bomb-y as Standard.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

orangelex44 posted:

Popped into Wild to check it out after a couple years, and it was... surprisingly great? Tons of deck variation, lots of things seem very playable even if they're not optimal. Granted I don't have the booster stars so I'm only in mid-Plat. With everything more powered up things don't feel quite as bomb-y as Standard.

I play Wild almost exclusively in both Ranked and Casual and it's surprisingly healthy right now. Lots of fun, lots of variation, lots of neat stuff to lose to. Only major issue is the even shaman totem bots but those are pretty easy to outplay or break.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Felt inspired to try wild again, and had 4 totem shaman advesaries in a row. Wow.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If they ever manage to break or nerf the Wild Even Totem Shaman bots i'm sure something else terrible would pop up. At least they're a quick game with a solid chance to get a win.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
i hope shudderwock is in 2024's Core

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Desert Bus posted:

I play Wild almost exclusively in both Ranked and Casual and it's surprisingly healthy right now. Lots of fun, lots of variation, lots of neat stuff to lose to. Only major issue is the even shaman totem bots but those are pretty easy to outplay or break.

I'm glad I'm soaking up all of the Quest Mages for you then.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Desert Bus posted:

Yeah, the wild meta is really healthy right now it feels like. Been easily able to push to legend, think I might be going for 11 star this month.

As an aside, with the theme of this expansion, and the final mini-set tending to have combined keywords, I'm genuinely expecting that Hearthstone might end up being the game that introduces Azeroth the Titan.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Snake Eyes in BG seems OP as gently caress

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
She can have some explosive turns by rolling high but since it locks you out of your hero power afterwards it’s not really that amazing over the course of a game

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

New and improved:

### Shadowburst Priest
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Mind Sear
# 2x (1) Shadowbomber
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 2x (2) Mind Blast
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Twilight Deceptor
# 2x (3) Ashen Elemental
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (4) Frenzied Felwing
# 1x (4) Pip the Potent
# 1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus
# 2x (5) Spawn of Shadows
# 2x (6) Thirsty Drifter
#
AAEBAZ/HAgK79wOknQYOoQSSBZEP0cECurYD184Do/cDrfcDp+QEhoMF3aQFxpwGwKEG16IGAAA=
#

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RatHat posted:

She can have some explosive turns by rolling high but since it locks you out of your hero power afterwards it’s not really that amazing over the course of a game

I must have just been getting unlucky then because I’ve seen her in a few games and every time she’s had multiple tier 6 minions before anyone else has even got that high

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Man, Sunspot Dragon is a loving monster of a card. There's no way that it's not being slept on - it's utterly dominated some of my games in wild. Is it just a meta thing? Because while it's best as a topdeck it's not unplayable just as a 6/6 lifesteal body... and if you do hit the topdeck upside it's both a stabilizer and potential game-ender.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

orangelex44 posted:

Man, Sunspot Dragon is a loving monster of a card. There's no way that it's not being slept on - it's utterly dominated some of my games in wild. Is it just a meta thing? Because while it's best as a topdeck it's not unplayable just as a 6/6 lifesteal body... and if you do hit the topdeck upside it's both a stabilizer and potential game-ender.

Meanwhile, I pretty much hate the card. It always manages to dilute my Summer Flowerchild draws and gently caress up any attempts to get something going with Flint Firearm.

I will concede that it frequently comes up clutch when discovered off Rheastrasza’s Nest, though.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Got to Diamond in Wild with Highlander Dragon Quest Priest!

Tweaked the deck a few times on the way up, the original list was a bit more top-heavy with Alexstrasza and Kalecgos. Turns out I didn't need that much value or that many dragons for activation , I was better off with more draw. The final cut was Sister Svalna out of ETC (you have a wincon where infinite value isn't all that helpful, and if my hand is that empty I'm almost certainly better off to concede), and put in OG Reno as an emergency button/6-drop. 63% winrate, the only sub-50% class is Warlock (questlock has an inevitable wincon that comes out faster than yours which you cannot prevent in any way). It's actually pretty well-positioned against both Even Shaman and Order Paladin. General mulligan strategy is to keep one each of 2 and 3 drops, selectively keep 1 and 4 drops, and toss back everything else.

### Dragon Reno
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (1) Cleric of Scales
# 1x (1) Deafen
# 1x (1) Draconic Studies
# 1x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 1x (1) Renew
# 1x (1) Seek Guidance
# 1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 1x (1) The Light! It Burns!
# 1x (2) Creation Protocol
# 1x (2) False Disciple
# 1x (2) Firetree Witchdoctor
# 1x (2) Insight
# 1x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (2) Penance
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Amber Whelp
# 1x (3) Benevolent Banker
# 1x (3) Brightwing
# 1x (3) Love Everlasting
# 1x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (4) Cannibalize
# 1x (4) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (3) Sharp-Eyed Seeker
# 1x (5) Steamcleaner
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson

# 1x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Lightmaw Netherdrake
# 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (5) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (5) Spirit Guide
# 1x (6) Aeon Reaver
# 1x (6) Sunspot Dragon
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Murozond, Thief of Time
# 1x (7) Skeletal Dragon
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (8) Whirlpool
#
AAEBAa0GKIK1Auq/AtHBAsvmAuiJA/yjA5mpA7esA4GxA5i2A5m2A5O6A8i+A9jCA97MA+LeA/vfA/jjA932A62KBIijBIqjBNSsBKG2BLjZBPnbBJfvBKOTBYekBeCkBf3EBc/GBe33Bcz/BcmABsOcBtGcBrieBsmhBq+oBgAAAQPDFv3EBf/hBP3EBaT6Bf3EBQAA
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 16, 2023

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

World's Championship this weekend, starting at 9:00 PST, 2 Badland packs for watching on Twitch.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My ideal paladin nerfs:

Prismatic Beam to 9 mana
A "not less than 1 tag" for Garden's Grace
Removing the Holy tag from Boogie Down

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

My ideal paladin nerfs:

- blast the class into the ground

It's okay to wreck a class for a while for the sake of the meta. The biggest problem cards are going to rotate out of Standard soon, it's loving okay to torch them until they're rotated out. Boogie Down while not rotating will lose a hell of a lot of its power once Sous Chef/Sanguine Soldier are gone.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
oh lmao i knew paladin was the strongest class right now but i didn't know by what margin

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
drat. I've played almost exclusively rainbow mage and paladins are such a snack. I guess i should be glad.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Eh, I have switched to Reno Warlock and had a 91% winrate after 11 games, now down to 74% at 23 games (Plat 5).

I am 3-1 vs Paladins, worst matchups are 2-2 each for Druid and Warrior.
Actual a fun deck to play with some decision making and planning depending on your matchups.

### Renolock (v1.0)
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 1x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Smokestack
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Greedy Partner
# 1x (2) Kobold Miner
# 1x (2) Thornveil Tentacle
# 1x (2) Watcher of the Sun
# 1x (3) Forge of Wills
# 1x (3) Mortal Eradication
# 1x (3) Reverberations
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Trolley Problem
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (5) Steamcleaner
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
# 1x (4) Imposing Anubisath
# 1x (4) Mo'arg Drillfist
# 1x (5) Burrow Buster
# 1x (5) Symphony of Sins
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Dar'Khan Drathir
# 1x (7) Prison of Yogg-Saron
# 1x (7) Tram Conductor Gerry
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (9) Sargeras, the Destroyer
#
AAECAf0GHuegBOWwBPXHBLjZBM6SBeKkBf3EBfnGBcjrBa3tBfX4Bf74Bfr5Bdf6Bab7Be39BfGABtiBBpCDBsqDBtCDBtiYBs2eBs+eBtGeBteiBvijBqaoBqeoBq+oBgAAAQODoAT9xAX/4QT9xAXRngb9xAUAAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Valiantman posted:

drat. I've played almost exclusively rainbow mage and paladins are such a snack. I guess i should be glad.

Where any of them Earthen Paladin? I've been playing a lot of that and I'm pretty sure I've beaten like, 90% of Mages I went against with it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Earthen Paladins make the trade-off of being noticeably stronger against Warriors and Mages but at the cost of a much worse matchup into the non-earthen paladins and Reno decks of every flavor

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Where any of them Earthen Paladin? I've been playing a lot of that and I'm pretty sure I've beaten like, 90% of Mages I went against with it.

Yeah Earthen paladin in close to an auto loss for me in Rainbow Mage. I've been away from the game for awhile and it was a real rude awakening to discover that they reprinted Jade but made it stronger.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Earthen Paladins make the trade-off of being noticeably stronger against Warriors and Mages but at the cost of a much worse matchup into the non-earthen paladins and Reno decks of every flavor

Yeah that’s true. Really if you are playing Earthen Paladin and they get Reno off, it’s probably game over right there, and you don’t really have the ability to play around it or anything either.

Highlander Shaman in particular beats that real, real bad if anyone reading this starts running into that deck a lot.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

No. That sounds miserable unless I get real lucky with discovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Shitload of balance updates coming: 16 buffs, 6 nerfs