Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I started season just wanting the Broncos to fail hard so that the Raiders had a partner in the division dumpster, but now I would definitely prefer the chaos option of them stealing the Division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Send Kadarius Toney on a one-way trip to Neptune orbit pls kthx

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Send Kadarius Toney on a one-way trip to Neptune orbit pls kthx

It's not just Toney even though this is the most recent visible gently caress up. The whole WR room is an undisciplined mess that a 1.5 of them at a time can overcome with talent and luck.

Fire Matt Nagy. Or whoever the WR coach is.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Strobe posted:

It's not just Toney even though this is the most recent visible gently caress up. The whole WR room is an undisciplined mess that a 1.5 of them at a time can overcome with talent and luck.

Fire Matt Nagy. Or whoever the WR coach is.

He’s a first year WR coach who also sucks poo poo.

I’m almost to the point I’d be relieved if they missed the playoffs but I know they could theoretically get hot any point if they made it.

Or they could if they had a single loving receiver they could trust.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It was a whole lot cooler when the Chiefs allegedly got all the calls.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

sorry your team acquired the biggest doofus in the league at both WR and Tackle who are so hopeless the refs can't even ignore it

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
This week and last week's loss seem like coaching failures. KC doesn't seem to be ready to play for most of the first half. We give up a 14 point lead and the days of KC being able to easily come back from that are long over. The slow starts are what's really killing us. If KC could at least keep up it would be somewhat more competitive. When was the last time KC had a lead? Vegas?

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
i said "gently caress" a great many times.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Strobe posted:

Fire Matt Nagy.

yes

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Got my nosebleeds for Sofi on Dec 10. :woop:

This was a great game to go to! So much energy from the Broncos fans, it felt like what I imagine a home game to be like.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This was a great game to go to! So much energy from the Broncos fans, it felt like what I imagine a home game to be like.

You never been to Mile High?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rooster Brooster posted:

You never been to Mile High?

Only in my dreams

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What the gently caress is going on with the Chiefs? Holy gently caress Mahomes looked pissed and I don't blame him.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Only in my dreams

Man. Denver is a great city and Mile High is an amazing place to watch football. I highly recommend the pilgrimage.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rooster Brooster posted:

Man. Denver is a great city and Mile High is an amazing place to watch football. I highly recommend the pilgrimage.

Oh I know. I absolutely love Denver. I just haven't been able to time a trip so that it overlaps with a Broncos home game. The stars will eventually align!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The337th posted:

sorry your team acquired the biggest doofus in the league at both WR and Tackle who are so hopeless the refs can't even ignore it
Ah yes, so that's why Von Miller wasn't called for an even more egregious offsides the next down.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

LiquidFriend posted:

It's been less than a year since the Chiefs were handed the AFCW, #1 seed, AFCCG, and Superbowl by the league. It's been two weeks since they were given the game against the Raiders.

The league isn't going to let them miss the divisional round, calm down.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

Ah yes, so that's why Von Miller wasn't called for an even more egregious offsides the next down.

chat it up with MrLogan about adjusting the Chiefs wins for ref bias, that's his dept.

best I can offer is some condolences for things regressing slightly towards the mean after all the good breaks in recent years

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The337th posted:

chat it up with MrLogan about adjusting the Chiefs wins for ref bias, that's his dept.

best I can offer is some condolences for things regressing slightly towards the mean after all the good breaks in recent years
He already cleared it up. The Chiefs are being handed the Super Bowl again soon.

Whew.

But in reality, I am amazed at how stupid all of the wide receivers are this year. It's impressive.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

LiquidFriend posted:

He already cleared it up. The Chiefs are being handed the Super Bowl again soon.

Whew.

But in reality, I am amazed at how stupid all of the wide receivers are this year. It's impressive.

I don't know if they will be handed the superbowl again. But at the very least they'll be handed a WC game if it's in danger.

Like the Bills were versus the Dolphins last year.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Rooster Brooster posted:

Excellent city. We may be moving there next year, although we’re looking more at the Pac NW.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

I don't know if they will be handed the superbowl again. But at the very least they'll be handed a WC game if it's in danger.

Like the Bills were versus the Dolphins last year.
Can you tell me the rest of the script? I would like to just know it now and skip the rest of the year. Thanks.

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021

LiquidFriend posted:

Whew.

Rice seems to be doing pretty good, a lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal receivers' room.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

capncthulhu posted:

Rice seems to be doing pretty good, a lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal receivers' room.
I think Rice is a fairly adequate replacement for JuJu which makes the Offensive failure even more interesting. On a talent level they should be near 2022 output.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Can you tell me the rest of the script? I would like to just know it now and skip the rest of the year. Thanks.

Chiefs get the #1 seed in the AFC. They beat the Jags in the divisional round. Beat the Dolphins in the AFFCG. Lose to the Niners in the SB.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Chiefs get the #1 seed in the AFC. They beat the Jags in the divisional round. Beat the Dolphins in the AFFCG. Lose to the Niners in the SB.
I could handle that. Time to do arts and crafts.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
If my friend texts are reasonable anecdotal evidence, Broncos Country is riding hard af right now

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021

LiquidFriend posted:

I think Rice is a fairly adequate replacement for JuJu which makes the Offensive failure even more interesting. On a talent level they should be near 2022 output.

Perhaps we really miss Bienemy?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

If my friend texts are reasonable anecdotal evidence, Broncos Country is riding hard af right now

:clint:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Genuinely cannot be overstated how masterful a job Payton is doing coaching the team this year. Even if they lose out from here its a wildly successful season considering their talent level

I would love, LOVE for Denver to somehow steal the division.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I don't know how much credit to give Payton for it - more than zero - but health is really helping the Broncos out this year. There were some early injuries but not a lot since week 4 or so; the O-line has started every game together.

But he's got them looking generally professional, and Russ is gradually getting better in the pocket over the course of the year. I don't think I yelled "THROW THE BALL" even once today. They'd be a lot better if they had a reasonably good receiver to line up across from Sutton - Jeudy is still unreliable, Mims is still mostly playing like a rookie, and the other guys are just mediocre athletes.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

capncthulhu posted:

I think Matt Nagy sucks poo poo, so yeah. He sucked at Chicago. I was surprised af that he got promoted back out of the QB room.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Finster Dexter posted:

I think Matt Nagy sucks poo poo, so yeah. He sucked at Chicago. I was surprised af that he got promoted back out of the QB room.

It worked out alright more or less the last time he was OC for the Chiefs.

...He seems to have gone insane at some point in the middle there, so I have no idea how much this is him vs personnel vs bad luck. I didn't want him back after the whole completely fixated on Chicago kicking thing though, that was like a no, I don't want any part of that mind near a team I root for.

But it isn't like Andy fires anyone, he just gets them promotions. So Nagy is here until the stink wears off if it does or he gets bad enough that it's close to getting Andy fired.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

solarjetman posted:

I don't know how much credit to give Payton for it - more than zero - but health is really helping the Broncos out this year. There were some early injuries but not a lot since week 4 or so; the O-line has started every game together.

But he's got them looking generally professional, and Russ is gradually getting better in the pocket over the course of the year. I don't think I yelled "THROW THE BALL" even once today. They'd be a lot better if they had a reasonably good receiver to line up across from Sutton - Jeudy is still unreliable, Mims is still mostly playing like a rookie, and the other guys are just mediocre athletes.

This is what good coaching does though. The play calling even this week vs weeks 1-2 has improved a lot. I still wonder how we expect to get third downs with screens but we get fourth downs when it counts so that's something.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Genuinely cannot be overstated how masterful a job Payton is doing coaching the team this year. Even if they lose out from here its a wildly successful season considering their talent level

I would love, LOVE for Denver to somehow steal the division.

That sums it up for me too. After like, week four I was embarrassed to be a fan. It took more than a couple of wins before I felt like it was a decent team and now I'm thrilled with where we are and looking forward to next season.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Payton’s a dick, but I still wish he was the chargers coach

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pontius Pilate posted:

Payton’s a dick, but I still wish he was the saints coach

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I really hate that I'm rooting for the Broncos at this point but a team that lost by 50 points in week 3 actually winning the division and knocking the Chiefs back down to earth would be some incredible comedy and I'm all for it.

Mahomes became the biggest loving baby in NFL history yesterday so that was really great. Imagine being afraid to call out other players mistakes to the extent that you whine on national television multiple times about something that was such a blatantly obvious and legitimate penalty that even a child just learning the game could see it was legit, lol.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

capncthulhu posted:

I think they miss Greg Lewis a hell lot more than Bienemy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Easton Stick season baybeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

I really hate that I'm rooting for the Broncos at this point but a team that lost by 50 points in week 3 actually winning the division and knocking the Chiefs back down to earth would be some incredible comedy and I'm all for it.

Mahomes became the biggest loving baby in NFL history yesterday so that was really great. Imagine being afraid to call out other players mistakes to the extent that you whine on national television multiple times about something that was such a blatantly obvious and legitimate penalty that even a child just learning the game could see it was legit, lol.

Finally we've reached the moment where Patrick joins the nWo. Now to figure out if went with the black and white or will be rolling with the wolfpac.