Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Kith posted:

the gameplay of hots ruled because you could win the entire campaign w/ nothing but banelings Kerrigan

FTFY

Also I love how Jimmy takes his saved girl outside naked, even though the planet is supposed to be toxic nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

everyone's just been leaving their visors open, it's fine

... mostly fine

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Killing off Tychus was a dumb decision: the dude was like, the only character added to WoL that was worth keeping, except for the mechanic. He was funny! He was a logical guy for newcomers to relate to because he'd been on ice and missed the entirety of the first game! He had a neat conflict!

It's pretty telling that they brought him back in non-canon form like, twice.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tychus' mission never sat well with me. Mengsk had this one asset on ice that he could use against Raynor, and he spent it on... killing someone else that Tychus had no connection to. As an emotional beat it works fine, but the logic behind it only really works if Raynor has been trying to cure/save Kerrigan this entire time, which he hasn't even in this version of his story where he loves and misses her. Mengsk already had access to Moebius, who were the ones driving gathering the artifact. Why add the risk factor of Raynor, to the point of spending the one thing you could really use to destroy or control him?

Still, there's an angle where it does work, and it ties in with the earlier talk about Mengsk not being very present despite the story nominally being about him. Mengsk doesn't actually see Raynor as a threat. He's a convenient scapegoat, someone he can point at to explain why restrictions are getting tighter and conscription is getting raised, someone he can paint as responsible any time something goes wrong within the Dominion. But Mengsk isn't actually worried about him. Raynor can't seriously challenge his rule. Even when Raynor hijacks a major broadcast to reveal all of Mengsk's lies, his control of the sector isn't threatened. So Mengsk thaws off Tychus to point Raynor against the enemy Mengsk actually is worried about. Send a non-Dominion force around collecting the artifacts and pissing off the Protoss, so that Raynor makes the extra enemies rather than him.
This angle works better with the failing drunk version of Raynor than the passionate revolutionary, but it does work, I suppose.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I didn't really see this as a huge twist, tbh, maybe because of just how well they foreshadowed it. Tychus had plenty of time to kill Jim if that was his mission. If he's not there to kill Jim, then he's possibly just a spy in general, except he apparently never gives the Dominion any worthwhile intel... and even participates in a covert op to publicly embarrass Mengsk! So he's got a much deeper mission. And he's seemingly very fixated on Kerrigan, and her relationship with Jim... Actually pretty good foreshadowing tbh.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

there are lines in Heart of the Swarm about Kerrigan's perspective as a zerg that support the idea she was being partly influenced. to be honest it's not a big deal to have Kerrigan simply be in two minds about being a zerg

Starcraft and RTS games in general have form for not having characters interact much: the Confederate leaders are nameless and faceless, the Overmind and Tassadar show up only in Act 2... furthermore, the game isn't about Mengsk and he's not the one calling the shots - Narud is. Mengsk is of course happy to go along with it but the overarching plan is the Dark Voice's

JohnKilltrane
Dec 30, 2020

Congrats on finishing WoL! It must have been a real behemoth to SSLP, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

All In is a mission I'm of two minds on. It's such a huge difficulty spike from the rest of the campaign. On the one hand, this is very cool: It makes for a more cinematic experience that really pushes you to your limits. It drives home just what an insanely herculean feat you're trying to pull off, and it really does feel like you're trying to kick down the doors of the Heart of the Swarm.™

My main gripe is that it's difficult to the extent that it kind of warps the rest of the campaign around it. Especially on Brutal, a lot of the decisions you make when it comes to both research and unit upgrades comes down to "What will help me the most on All In?" because it's a huge pain to play with a sub-optimal approach. So it feels like there's less room for experimentation or focusing on the units you think are cool. Although I guess you can always just turn down the difficulty specifically for All In.

The good news is that they did learn from that, as we'll see with the upgrade systems in HotS and LotV.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I figured that Mengsk is just one of the only major characters in SC who has any awareness of dramatic conventions. He knew that if anyone could somehow beat the million to one odds of making a successful attack on the heart of the Zerg swarm, it was Raynor… so why not throw in some extra insurance in the form of Tychus to hedge his bets with the plan to make sure Kerrigan died?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

aniviron posted:

I agree with you that this is the substance of the plot, but I don't think it's what the writer wants to think it's about. The title is Wings of Liberty after all, not This One Weird Trick to Save Your Ex.

I think they probably had a very confused writing process with a lot of different ideas mixed up in it. The rebellion angle was definitely a part, but even the text of the game admits it's not what the game is about.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Tenebrais posted:

Tychus' mission never sat well with me. Mengsk had this one asset on ice that he could use against Raynor, and he spent it on... killing someone else that Tychus had no connection to. As an emotional beat it works fine, but the logic behind it only really works if Raynor has been trying to cure/save Kerrigan this entire time, which he hasn't even in this version of his story where he loves and misses her. Mengsk already had access to Moebius, who were the ones driving gathering the artifact. Why add the risk factor of Raynor, to the point of spending the one thing you could really use to destroy or control him?

I always figured there were more agents out there like Tychus, but we never saw them. Mengsk throws people out on various missions like this because sending a thousand coerced agents out is still cheaper by far than even one more capital ship, so he's got a bunch of useful idiots and assholes doing their thing. Tychus gets sent to Raynor because it's entertainingly personal, and also Jimmy seems to get caught up in dumb bullshit plenty. Or shoves himself into it. Why not?

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

BisbyWorl posted:

Also Mengsk knows Tychus failed, knows exactly where Kerrigan and Jim are right now, and still has half of the fleet on hand. But I'm sure that won't immediately bite Jim in the rear end.

It absolutely does, according to one of the books.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

JackSplater posted:

It absolutely does, according to one of the books.

In fact a lot of the narrative problematics we made evident in this thread would be reduced if we wrer to consider the side material like novels, comics and so.
But HOW MANY bought such material? Not a lot, I'd say...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Hell, at least it’s not as bad as putting literally all of the setup for a WoW expansion in one book.

Somehow, Garrosh escaped.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Good job on finishing this leg of the LP!

I'll be honest and say that Heart of the Swarm is probably my favorite part of Starcraft 2. Yes, the plot is incredibly silly, but the gameplay is a lot of fun and definitely fits the power fantasy. Without going into too much detail, Kerrigan is the final form of the hero unit progression system introduced by Warcraft 3, and it is glorious in motion.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 10, 2023

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

gohuskies posted:

I think they probably had a very confused writing process with a lot of different ideas mixed up in it. The rebellion angle was definitely a part, but even the text of the game admits it's not what the game is about.

Part of the narrative's flaw is that Raynor isn't far enough down the hole, I think. He's too noble and too committed to helping people when he should be more focused on getting revenge on Mengsk, as implied by the first cutscene. Maybe the Spectre vs Ghost plotline alongside Tychus' artifact hunt should have been the first leg of the story. Cast Jim as in a much darker and more morally ambiguous place, then have the Zerg Invasion force him back out to the fringes, where helping people and some distance from what he was doing starts to swing him back to the side of the angels. Then we get Zeratul's intel about the coming apocalypse and Kerrigan that forces him to give up his vendetta because saving lives, and the universe, like he did before Fenix died, is what really matters to him.

A branching finale where you have to choose between saving Kerrigan and exposing Mengsk would have REALLY paid off that conflict. You don't even need to hugely change Heart of the Swarm for that, I don't think. It just leaves Kerrigan is a different starting place and with a different model. I think you could make it work.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GodFish posted:

Wow, I've beaten WoL like 4 times and never seen that dialog at all.

I am 99% sure it only shows in Brutal.

Also excellent part 1 to the LP, I really enjoyed it.

To elaborate a bit more on my position as someone who didn't play SC1 for this bit.

I essentially went through the campaign believing, especially post the overmind reveal that being zerged *did* something to your mind that meant you didn't see things in the same way as a normal human. That whatever the gently caress the hybrids or the Xel'naga or whatever were doing meant that the zerg simply didn't have free will, or whatever their free will was, was compromised by some sort of overriding objective. So Kerrigan is essentially a victim of that as well. That being said, Kerrigan obviously displays intelligence and a conception of self, so there's an extent to which whoever she was previously must still exist and be driving, if not the ultimate objective, then the execution of that objective.

So hearing this line essentially confirmed everything I'd thought and it worked.

It would loving suck to go through the entire WoL campaign and get told at the end of it, "Actually Kerrigan was just a complete poo poo the entire time and everything you did was pointless because she regrets nothing."

Anyway Heart of the Swarm is coming up, I'm sure the geniuses at Blizzard will write an excellent story about someone coming to terms with what they did when they weren't in their right mind and spend a really good amount of story time examining how culpable Kerrigan is in those circumstances.

They could even explore the concept of what control of the Zerg even looks like. Whether one can even claim to be Queen of the swarm to begin with.

It'll be great!

Right?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Natural 20 posted:

It would loving suck to go through the entire WoL campaign and get told at the end of it, "Actually Kerrigan was just a complete poo poo the entire time and everything you did was pointless because she regrets nothing."

what are you talking about, that would absolutely rule

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

We'll talk about the start of Heart of the Swarm when it happens, but the situation I hoped for was that Raynor is obsessed and in love with Kerrigan, has been thinking about her for years, goes on this arduous quest to turn her human again at great cost, the whole WoL thing. Then when she's human and he goes to profess his love to her, she doesn't get it at all. "Uhhhhh... you mean you've been in love with me all this time, since way back then? Jim, we hooked up like once or twice. I mean, you're a nice guy, don't take this the wrong way, but it was just a fling." The love is completely one-sided, he's nostalgic for and trying to recreate a relationship that never actually existed, etc. That would be a great start to Heart of the Swarm.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

To elaborate a bit more on my position as someone who didn't play SC1 for this bit. (...) So hearing this line essentially confirmed everything I'd thought and it worked.
I think this was discussed earlier in the thread, but the reviews for WoL seemed to vary dramatically based on whether or not the reviewer was familiar with SC1/BW or not.

The ones where the reviewer led off with something like "I never played SC1" or "it's been a long time since I thought about Starcraft..." seemed to mostly enjoy the storyline, with only some minor nitpicks. The ones where the reviewer started with something like "I grew up loving Brood War and have eagerly waited to see where things went" had a lot more issues with the storyline.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean okay, look, if the writing was completely incredible and we had another full campaign with Jim Raynor reckoning with this decision that he made to save someone who was utterly reprehensible, then yeah, I could see it working.

But if we assume the tone of what Wings of Liberty's writing wanted, which is essentially a Western, then that decision would be at massive odds with basically the entire tone of the game and would suck.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

I mean okay, look, if the writing was completely incredible and we had another full campaign with Jim Raynor reckoning with this decision that he made to save someone who was utterly reprehensible, then yeah, I could see it working.

But if we assume the tone of what Wings of Liberty's writing wanted, which is essentially a Western, then that decision would be at massive odds with basically the entire tone of the game and would suck.

If the WoL ending cutscene ended with human Kerrigan saying "you rear end in a top hat, I wanted to stay queen of the Zerg! Screw you!" then I agree, that would be at odds with the tone of WoL and not be a good decision. I think they ended it reasonably well for the story that they told. But Heart of the Swarm is a new campaign that focuses on the Zerg. The opening of Heart could take Kerrigan's feelings about who she is now, what she's done, and what she wants next in a lot of different directions from here and still potentially work, IMO.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

When you take into account Kerrigan's early life (kidnapped, family murdered, brain scrambled like all Ghosts), years spent as a state-owned killer, her subsequent betrayal by Mengsk, and then getting her suppressed childhood memories unlocked after getting Zerged... is it any wonder that she'd be firmly on the side of 'actually gently caress humanity' after her free will was restored?

That kind of boiling hatred isn't just going to go away because one smooth-talking colonial marshal was nice to you for a few months. And it doesn't seem like the Zerg are big on therapy.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 11, 2023

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bloody Pom posted:

When you take into account Kerrigan's early life (kidnapped, family murdered, brain scrambled like all Ghosts), years spent as a state-owned killer, her subsequent betrayal by Mengsk, and then getting her suppressed childhood memories unlocked after getting Zerged... is it any wonder that she'd be firmly on the side of 'actually gently caress humanity' after her free will was restored?

It seems to me like the biggest dividing line between SC1/BW and WOL is the absence of context surrounding Kerrigan's character. In WoL as a vacuum, we only know Kerrigan as Jim's Photo/Memories and the monster in front of us. The game never digs into the society that raised her, the ideals she fought for, the scientific experimentation she was subjected to. Even when they show her betrayal I don't know if someone who didn't play the previous games would really get what it meant for her to take that mission from Mengsk over her own objections AND Jim's warnings and then be left to die. You don't even need to look at the expanded universe materials, all that is in the Terran and Zerg campaigns.

When Kerrigan revels in her villainy in Brood War, it felt good for a lot of people because they saw the whole chain that got her there and recognized that she was, if nothing else, FREE. There is an element of empowerment there, the fantasy of striking back at all the evils, personal and systemic, that created everything you don't like about yourself and the world. It also helps that along the way she IS still recognizably human, for all the good and ill that comes with that. She's not some Zerg zombie that's only there to consume and destroy for its own sake, she has recognizable motives, goals and feelings about those things.

If you don't have that picture, and you only see Kerrigan in WoL as a good person who didn't deserve to become the monster who's killing billions, then yeah, the ending would certainly work for you. You would be happy that Jim saved her instead of taking the easy road of destroying her.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I can't really get into it yet for spoiler reasons, but when you're armed with the context of SC1/BW, her actions at the start of HotS also make a lot more sense.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Natural 20 posted:

Oh, I'm not saying they would do it well, just that I'd take it over a corruption/mind control plot anytime. It's not particularly about Kerrigan being an established character; I wouldn't like it any more if she were an SC2 original.

I take your point about the tone, but in my book, more Westerns should end with the douchey cowboy embarassing himself for putting a woman on a pedestal and assuming he knew what she wanted.

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead

Bloody Pom posted:

That kind of boiling hatred isn't just going to go away because one smooth-talking colonial marshal was nice to you for a few months. And it doesn't seem like the Zerg are big on therapy.

Replacing your doubts, fears, traumas and insecurities with brain-tentacles, explody-juice, and groove is a kind of therapy.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

TURN IT UP!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I get the feeling that, much like the Borg, since all Zerg are under the same Hive mind infrastructure, it's probably amazing group therapy. Maybe the zerglings can't relate to you living for over 30 years, but I'll bet ultralisks have a lot to say. They're so big that they struggle with fine motor control.

The domination is just them working out their stress

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I think where some people's heads are in relation to Kerrigan is that basically, she's like how Gary Oldman's character describes Robocop's decision making in fights in this scene from the remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-SLhDmaTqI&t=207s

She may think she's in control, but she's really not.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

bladededge posted:

Replacing your doubts, fears, traumas and insecurities with brain-tentacles, explody-juice, and groove is a kind of therapy.

I know this is an SC2 LP but if you're posting that I can't not put this one out there, especially in the middle of December:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6fhaJebvwE

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Natural 20 posted:

I am 99% sure it only shows in Brutal.

Nah, I replayed All In on Hard today, and the dialogue played just fine. Fought off Kerrigan with the usual huge mass of Mutalisks in the last minute or so, and the lines played right afterwards.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Aces High posted:

I get the feeling that, much like the Borg, since all Zerg are under the same Hive mind infrastructure, it's probably amazing group therapy. Maybe the zerglings can't relate to you living for over 30 years, but I'll bet ultralisks have a lot to say. They're so big that they struggle with fine motor control.

The domination is just them working out their stress

The Zergian Instrumentality Project

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

The Zergian Instrumentality Project

I swear to gently caress, if this ends with a giant naked Kerrigan turning everyone to goo…

bladededge
Sep 17, 2017

im sorry every one. the throne of heroes ran out of new heroic spirits so the grail had to summon existing ones in swimsuits instead

Regalingualius posted:

I swear to gently caress, if this ends with a giant naked Kerrigan turning everyone to goo…

Spoiler tag your spoilers, friend. :(

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm now imagining the "I'm so hosed up scene" with Iszha and Abathur, and I don't want to :gonk:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Human Kerrigan reaching out to Jimmy from within the Queen of Blades is such a momentously stupid plot point for so many reasons that I refuse to believe it happened. Obviously that dialogue box is just Raynor having some kind of delirious episode.

Good news! Because of a bug, it didn't! And it also didn't happen in my game because I triggered the same conditions to avoid hearing it. La la la

Tenebrais posted:

It woulda been fun if all the zerg got turned into the original alien wildlife they were based on. A pointless amount of modelling effort, but fun.

More like the models for those weren't done yet.

CommissarMega posted:

I'm now imagining the "I'm so hosed up scene" with Iszha and Abathur, and I don't want to :gonk:

Iszha is just relentlessly positive about the whole thing.
Abathur is just all "I can fix her" but in the most horrifying way possible.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Bonus: Terran Unit Quotes

Well, poo poo, if Killtrane's doing this then I better get off my rear end and do one on my end. :v:

SCV:

https://youtu.be/VY7h8dpia7A

Produced:
  • SCV ready.
Selected:
  • Huh?
  • What's going on?
  • Bad news?
  • Aah! Ya scared me!
  • Go ahead.
  • Big job, huh?
  • In the rear with the gear. (Full Metal Jacket reference.)
Move Order:
  • You're the boss.
  • Yep.
  • Yeah whatever.
  • It's your dime.
  • Woohoo! Overtime!
  • Well butter my biscuit!
  • Yeah.
  • Yup.
  • Yo.
  • Gotcha.
  • Uh-huh...
  • Will do.
  • We hear ya.
  • Yes sir!
  • Sure thing.
  • Roger.
  • I'm goin'!
  • Move it!
  • Yeah, yeah.
Attack Order: (These specifically play when using an Attack command, meaning actually hearing them is a pain in the rear end since Attack-Move commands get a Move response.)
  • This is crazy!
  • This is your plan!?
  • What, you run out of marines?
  • Oh, that's just great...
Attacked:
  • I'm too young to die!
  • Help!
  • Not what I had in mind!
Annoyed:
  • *fly buzzing, followed by a splat* Gotcha! *Computer voice chimes in with 'Self-destruct in five...four...three...two...* Uh-oh...
  • I can fix anything! *malfunctioning sounds* If this dang thing holds together... *hydraulic sounds* Hear me baby, hold together... (Reference to Star Wars Ep 4.)
  • Say...ya got a reeeaaal pretty mouth... (Deliverence reference)
  • Oh, my cousin Lester saw a zergling, once... (References the Wasteland Patrol cinematic from SC1)
  • On the CB, they call me Big Drill! *drill noises*
  • *flips through radio stations* Hey! I wanna hear some FREE ZERG! (double reference to Free Bird and the Radio Free Zerg cheat in SC1)
  • My cow died last night, so I don't need your bull.
Other:
  • This sucks! (Death cry)
  • Job's finished. (Constuction complete)
  • I can't build here. (When a build site is blocked while an SCV tries to start building, or if they're just unable to path to the site for too long.)
  • There's something in the way. (Same.)
  • That's a negatory. It's blocked. (Ditto.)
  • (Like 5 or 6 variations of a dying scream. Almost all units have these, I'm not listing them over and over.)
Man, they're really going all out for these. The SCV has jumped from 19 voice lines to 46.

Marine:

https://youtu.be/ATUJSjNJEj4

Produced:
  • You want a piece of me, boy?
  • This better be good...
  • Who wants some?
  • Armed and ready!
  • Go, go, go!
  • Gangway! Coming through!
Selected:
  • This better be good...
  • Been waitin' on you.
  • You gonna give me orders?
  • Who wants some?!
  • Armed and ready!
  • By the numbers, boys.
Attacked:
  • We could use some help here!
Move Order:
  • I feel ya.
  • I'm on it!
  • Outstanding!
  • Keep your shirt on, Sparky.
  • Go go go!
  • Boo ya!
  • That's fine.
  • Got it.
  • Sure!
  • Sure thing!
  • Why not?
  • Of course!
  • Gangway, comin' through!
  • Aye aye, sir!
  • Can't wait.
  • Lookin' forward to it.
  • Orders received.
  • Will do.
  • You got it!
  • Yes sir!
  • Ten-four.
  • Roger that!
  • Affirmative.
Attack Order:
  • Get some!
  • Bring it!
  • How's that for whoop-rear end?
  • Let's rock!
  • Raaa!
  • Hit it!
  • Gonna get me some!
  • Let's do this!
  • Die die die!
Attacked:
  • We could use some help here!
Annoyed:
  • Man... STILL stuck in this chickens&@! outfit... (Reference to one of the Marine's annoyed lines from SC1)
  • Kiss my rear end!
  • Whatever I do, they keep bringin' me back in!
  • This is my C-14 Impaler gauss rifle! There are many like it, but this one is mine! (Reference to the Rifleman's Creed)
  • I came here to kick rear end and chew bubble gum... (They Live.)
  • And I'm all outta... ugh, forget it. (Ditto)
  • The only thing you should feel when you shoot someone...is the recoil.
  • You ever notice that nobody ever comes back to the barracks?
  • This one time, at boot camp... (American Pie)
  • Excuse me, I-I gotta burp... *gunfire*
  • Thank you, sir! May I have another! (National Lampoon's Animal House.)
Other:
  • Mother- (Death cry.)
  • How do you take a leak in this drat suit? (Annoyed line (cut))
  • Man, am I just being paranoid or is that medic following me?! (Annoyed line (cut))
  • AAACHOO!! *splat* Can't see a drat thing... *motor starts, windshield wiper sounds* Ah, much better. (Annoyed line (cut))
  • Awww yeah. (Stimpack (cut))

Marauder:

https://youtu.be/n3rKPYvPXSU

Produced:
  • Let's have a blast!
  • KABOOM, baby!
  • Ohhh, it's on.
  • It's go time!
  • It's about to get heavy.
Selected:
  • Just say when...
  • Go on...
  • Say the word, baby...
  • Time's a wastin'...
  • Don't leave me hangin'!
  • Gotta WHOLE lotta love!
Move Order:
  • Ohhh, it's on.
  • Believe it.
  • I'm all about that.
  • Let's do this.
  • It's go time.
  • It's about to get heavy.
  • First round's on me.
  • Got it.
  • Sure.
  • Sure thing.
  • Why not?
  • Of course.
Attack Order:
  • Blow them all to hell!
  • Sucks to be you!
  • Let's have a blast!
  • Say goodnight!
  • Blastin' time!
  • Frag 'em!
Attacked:
  • I'm in a world of hurt!
Annoyed:
  • What the hell are smithereens, anyway?
  • Yeah, I got all five fingers! Three on this hand, two on the other one!
  • Baby...you really light my fuse *weapon fires* Whoops! *distant explosion* drat! Premature detonation!
  • Baby, if I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together...
  • What's your sign, baby? Mine's explosive!
  • I'm sooo sexy. I sometimes romance myself.
  • Actually, that IS a grenade in my pants.
Other:
  • drat, I was good! (Death cry)
  • Diggin' in! (Entering Bunker)
  • Back in action! (Exiting Bunker)

Medic:

https://youtu.be/cY_FgTLnyuc

Produced:
  • The doctor is in.
Selected:
  • Where does it hurt?
  • Is it critical?
  • You rang?
  • Please state the nature of your medical emergency. (Star Trek)
  • Standing by.
  • Need some triage?
Move Order:
  • Just relax.
  • I'll take care of it.
  • Not a problem.
  • Ooh! Sounds serious!
  • Hm. That's a serious outbreak.
  • Must be an emergency.
Attack Order: (Most non-attacking units have attack lines, which will play if you put them in a group with units that do have an attack or give them one in the editor.)
  • I'll fix you!
  • I'll do my best.
  • This is gonna hurt.
  • Time to operate!
  • Call the blood-bank.
  • Sterilizing now!
  • Patient's prognosis is dead!
Attacked:
  • Better send some body bags!
Annoyed:
  • Call me when the swelling goes down, on second thought, just call me.
  • Here's some lotion, a comb, and a blowtorch. Good luck!
  • Ooh. Looks like that hurts. Next!
  • For the last time, this is NOT a strip-o-gram!
  • Can I see your insurance card? Oh, I'm sorry, this was a pre-existing condition.
  • That's the worst infestation I've ever seen! Next time, stay away from the cantina.
  • There's a protoss here who needs mouth-to-mou - ooh... well... mouth to... something.
  • If I do it wrong, it'll hurt a little. If I do it right, it'll hurt a lot.
  • Ooh, heh, let's just skip the medical history and go right to the next of kin.
  • Operation complete! Now where did I leave my watch?
  • Dammit, I'm a medic not a doctor! *pause* ...oh. (Star Trek)
  • Ugh, I've got leftovers. I don't even know where these go!
  • Congratulations! You're my first patient... ever!
Other:
  • Ah! Medic! (Death cry)
  • I'll get you fixed right up! (Heal)
  • Turn your head and cough! (Heal)
  • Ah, help! (Entering Bunker)
  • Ah!, fresh air. (Exiting Bunker)
  • Ewwww! (Entering dropship)
  • Feeling sluggish here. (low energy)
  • Heads up! (Optical Flare (cut))

Reaper:

https://youtu.be/RI2o7I6E9YM

Produced:
  • The Grim Reaper has arrived.
Selected:
  • What? You want somethin'?
  • Fear the Reaper man!
  • Death from above.
  • Got something for me to kill?
  • I'm listenin'.
  • What's it worth?
Move Order:
  • I'm goin'! I'm goin'!
  • Let's do this!
  • Oh yeah, baby!
  • Oh, that's all?
  • Done.
  • On the way.
  • Nothing I can't handle.
  • Agreed.
  • Alright.
  • Fair enough.
  • Certainly.
  • Yes, indeed.
Attack Order:
  • Here comes the pain!
  • Gonna' have me some fun. (Predator)
  • GERONIMO!
  • It's on now!
  • Whole lot a' pain!
  • Hit and RUN!
Attacked:
  • We're screwed.
Annoyed:
  • The life of a reaper man is always intense. (Repo Man)
  • I thought I was signing up to be a repo man. Imagine my surprise. (Ditto)
  • drat it, I'm out of stims.
  • These jets are burning my rear end!
  • I ain't got time to bleed. (Predator)
  • You can't get it cheaper, call the reaper.
  • I'm bringing the pain, and the pizza in 30 minutes or it's free.
  • I make dead people. (The Sixth Sense)
  • I'm goin' commando.
  • To Tarsonis and beyond! (Toy Story)
  • This is ground control to Major Tom. (Space Oddity)
  • I like you. That's why I'm gonna kill you last. (Commando)
Other:
  • This ain't good. (Death cry)
  • I love it when a plan comes together. (D8 Charge)
  • Can't make the jump. (When trying to scale inaccessible cliff)
  • You want us up there, call a dropship. (Ditto)
  • Don't like being caged... (Entering Bunker)
  • I'm back. (Exiting Bunker)
  • Waste of my time. (Entering dropshop)

Firebat:

https://youtu.be/dYfXNvqC024

Produced:
  • Need a light?
Selected:
  • Ready to roast!
  • Fight fire with fire.
  • Say the word.
  • You got my attention.
  • Fueled up!
  • Ready to fry.
Move Order:
  • Mmmm... Let's get cookin'!
  • Well done.
  • Smokin'!
  • Let's do this.
  • Barbeque time.
  • Humm... scorched earth.
  • Smells like... victory. (Apocalypse Now)
Attack Order:
  • Flame on! (Fantastic Four)
  • Let's burn!
  • It's about drat time!
  • Ashes to ashes.
  • Fired up.
  • Cremate 'em.
  • They do not know who they are f*flame noise* with!
Attacked:
  • My goose is getting cooked!
Annoyed:
  • I'm not just some flash in a pants you know.
  • Slow down, where's the fire? *flame noise* Nevermind.
  • How'd you want your zerg, original, or extra crispy? (KFC)
  • Where there's smoke *flame noise* there's me.
  • Burninating the countryside. (Trogdor)
  • I'm always hot... and bothered. (Cinderella's album Still Climbing)
  • I'm gonna flip you over and make sure you're done on the other side.
  • We're grillin' and killin'.
  • Zerg... they plump when you cook 'em.
  • Stop, drop and roll... always makes me laugh.
  • Stop, drop and DIE.
  • Ahh... turns out I hate the smell of napalm in the morning. (Apocalypse Now, and also his SC1 annoyed line)
  • Pork fat rules! (American chef Emeril Lagasse)
Other:
  • Into the pill box. (Entering Bunker)
  • Out of the frying pan. (Exiting Bunker)

Ghost:

https://youtu.be/-0rqtc0Bfv0

The Ghost is very, very obviously voiced by Liam O'Brien. I'm honestly surprised they didn't try to slip in an Illidan reference somewhere.

Produced:
  • Ghost reporting.
Selected:
  • Go...
  • Out with it!
  • Give me the sitrep.
  • Come again?
  • You sure about that?
  • Solo operative, right?
Move Order:
  • Nothing to it.
  • Copy that...
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • You're on.
  • Confirmed.
  • Deploying...
  • Yes sir.
  • Roger.
  • Okay...
  • Will do.
  • I'm on it.
Attack Order:
  • Never know what hit them.
  • You know what I like.
  • Well color me happy.
  • Target in my sights.
  • Take 'em down.
  • All too easy.
  • Now that's an rear end-whooping.
Attacked:
  • It's getting too hot!
Annoyed:
  • Boo!
  • Nu-cular launch detected...
  • You call down the thunder...
  • ...now deal with it! (SC1 Ghost's annoyed line)
  • Almost counts in horseshoes AND nuclear strikes!
  • I think the female ghosts have nicer equipment.
  • Did you see that? *pause* Exactly...
  • Pain don't hurt... *punch* *pained grunt* (Road House)
  • Today's forecast is...extra bomby, slight chance of mushroom clouds.
  • I see live people. *gunshots* I see dead people. (The Sixth Sense)
  • Whenever I see a world untouched by war, a world of innocence, a world of lush forests and clear rivers. (pause) I really just wanna nuke the crap out of it!
  • You have something on your face. *gunshot* Got it.
  • I'll paint the town...dead.
  • We all got it coming, kid. (Unforgiven)
  • I know what you're thinkin'... (Dirty Harry)
Other:
  • Never say die... (Death cry)
  • Painting the target. (Tac Nuke Strike)
  • Johnny number five, is not alive. (EMP Round) ((Skirmish only)) (((Short Circuit)))
  • Power down. (EMP Round)
  • Outa sight. (Cloak)
  • Feeling lucky, punk? (Annoyed line (cut)) ((Dirty Harry))
  • Make my day. (Ditto)

Specter:

https://youtu.be/tKEe0jPdHi8

Produced:
  • I have awakened.
Selected:
  • Bring it!
  • Feed the rage.
  • What's your call?
  • Enlighten me.
  • I'm tired of waiting
  • Come on already.
Move Order:

• One step ahead.
  • Mercy is for the weak. (The Karate Kid)
  • The time has come.
  • I'm already there.
  • Just stay out of my way.
  • I sense their fear.
Attack Order:
  • *cackle* Execute.
  • Hell is here.
  • They can't win.
  • Get 'em a body bag. (The Karate Kid)
  • I'll kill anything that moves.
  • I'm dying anyway.
  • They're living on borrowed time.
Attacked:
  • Where's my backup?
Annoyed:
  • They're Marked for Death. Good thing I'm hard to kill because we're all Standing on Deadly Ground and no one is Above the Law. (A number of Steven Seagal's films)
  • I can taste your mind. *pause* Mmm, salty!
  • You... complete me. (Jerry Maguire)
  • This one's got your name on it... *gunshot* drat, missed. Good thing this one has your name on it... *gunshot* Okay I'm pretty sure this one has your... what the hell IS your name anyway!?
  • (Computer voice) Welcome to anger management volume one. Repeat after me: Anger does not dictate my life. (Specter, calmly) Anger does not dictate my life. (Computer voice) Anger does not dictate my life. (Specter, angrily) YOU JUST SAID THAT you stupid-
  • I'm gonna sweep the leg. You got a problem with that? (The Karate Kid)
Other:
  • I'm gone... (Death cry)
  • I need more juice. (Low energy)
  • Fade to black. (Cloak)
  • Scorched earth. (Tac Nuke Strike)
  • Goin' deep. (Entering Bunker)
  • Who needs cover? (Exiting Bunker)
  • Oh, things were just getting interesting. (Entering dropship)
  • Lights out. (EMP Round (cut))

Vulture:

https://youtu.be/mAeUahLElfg

One of the biggest changes between games. The guy sounds Absolutely Done with everything now.

Produced:
  • Alright! Bring it on.
Selected:
  • Yeah?
  • I read ya... Sir...
  • Somethin' on your mind?
  • Whadda you want?
Move Order:
  • Yeah, I'm goin.
  • Dig it.
  • No problemo. (Terminator)
  • Oh... Is that it?
  • Born to be wild. (The song of the same name)
  • The road's callin'.
Attack Order:
  • Lets rumble.
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Like a bat out of hell!
Attacked:
  • How about lending a hand?
Annoyed:
  • Somethin' you wanted?
  • I don't have time to f*engine roars* around!
  • You keep pushing it boy...
  • ...and I'll scrap YOU along with the aliens! (These four are all from SC1)
  • Y'know we got a saying where I come from: Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me... no, wait a minute. Shame on you... twice, for foolin' me on... Ah, screw it, let... let's just be friends.
  • I was born standing up and talking back. (The Elvis Presley song Trouble)
  • I ever tell you about my carpet? Really tied the room together. (The Big Lebowski)
  • Hey, my breath smell like roadkill to you?
Other:
  • End of the road. (Death cry)
  • I'm going incognito. (Cloak (cut))
  • Whoa, gettin' mighty low on energy! (Low energy (cut))

Hellion:

https://youtu.be/aiP3eq1CstU

Produced:
  • Ready to raise some hell!
Selected:
  • Talk to me, boss!
  • Are you ready for this?
  • Where's the hot action?
  • Light it up!
  • Daylight's burnin'!
  • I'm waitin' on ya.
Move Order:
  • I'm goin' in!
  • Right on!
  • HELL yeah!
  • Smokin'! (The Mask)
  • Let's do this!
  • Burn rubber!
  • Pedal to the metal!
  • Is that it?
  • All day long!
  • Absolutely!
  • Sound's sweet!
  • Word...
Attack Order:
  • Get some!
  • Death rides with me!
  • Yeehaw!
  • Turnin' up the heat!
  • Eat napalm!
  • Fire! Fire!
  • Not a problem!
Attacked:
  • Uhh... I'm in a heap of trouble!
Annoyed:
  • Like a bat out of...ah, forget it... (Meat Loaf's debut albus, Bat Out of Hell)
  • Zerg. They're what's for dinner. (Beef. It's What's for Dinner, an advertising slogan from 1992)
  • I'm burning up the road like a big dog in heat!
  • I am Speed. Ka-Chow! (Cars)
  • Yes, in fact, I do own the road!
  • Off road? Hell, I do my best work off world.
  • Suspension is an integral part of any vehicle, but this one requires suspension of disbelief. (pause) Get it?
  • Wooh boy! I'm hotter than a June bug riding bareback on the hind leg of a jack rabbit with his tail on fire!
  • Gotta problem with alien races? Seriously, just anticipate the terrain, you'll win every time.
  • Put THAT in your tailpipe and smoke it!
  • Ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe. (Beverly Hills Cop)
Other:
  • Blaze o' glory! (Death cry)
  • I ain't got all day! (Entering dropship)

Goliath:

https://youtu.be/X_Uh78j-S1M

The new Goliath just... loses something from the original. If that makes sense.

Produced:
  • Goliath online.
Selected:
  • Go ahead, TACCOM.
  • Comm-link online.
  • Channel open.
  • Systems functional.
Move Order:
  • Acknowledged H.Q.
  • Nav-comm locked.
  • Confirmed.
  • Target designated.
  • Affirmative.
  • Data received, TACCOM.
Attack Order:
  • Weapons hot.
  • Locked on target.
  • Engaging.
Attacked:
  • Assistance required.
Annoyed:
  • MilSpec ED-209 online. (Robocop)
  • Checklist protocol, initiated.
  • Level one diagnostic.
  • U.S.D.A. selected.
  • F.D.I.C. approved.
  • Checklist completed... S.O.B. (All of these are almost word for word from SC1)
  • Warning! Step away from the Goliath.
  • Since the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? Because if it leaks to the V.C., he could end up M.I.A. Then we'd all be put on K.P. (Good Morning, Vietnam)
  • Aw, blinker fluid is low. (Red vs Blue)
  • *Car door ajar beeps*
  • *Car remote unlock beeps*
  • *Car alarm*
Other:
  • Standing fast. (Entering dropship)

Diamondback:

https://youtu.be/bmhi9iX4uV8

Produced:
  • What needs killing?
Selected:
  • Huh?
  • What's on your mind?
  • Go on.
  • What's the plan?
  • Mhm... mhm... What?
  • At the ready!
  • I'm waiting!
Move Order:
  • Of course.
  • I like it.
  • How devious.
  • My pleasure.
  • Excellent.
  • On the move.
  • Victory is ours!
Attack Order:
  • Unleash the hounds! (The Simpsons)
  • Heh, I like the way you think.
  • Oh goodie!
  • Gladly!
  • Railguns at the ready!
  • Bring a shovel for the burial.
  • Crush them!
Attacked:
  • Get me outta here!
Annoyed:
  • Haaah... the open road, wind in my hair, universal domination.
  • Yes, in fact, I do own the road.
  • Not all who wander are lost... some of us are drunk. (Lord of the Rings)
  • I completely respect your opinion, as long as you keep it to yourself.
  • I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy it.
  • My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late to all my appointments.
  • Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?
  • Have you no shame? Good, neither do I.
  • I'm a compulsive liar. It's true, I swear it!
  • Revenge is a dish best served cold... to someone who's already dead, because you killed him, out of revenge.
Other:
  • drat the luck! (Death cry)

Siege Tank:

https://youtu.be/2hXXfXP94vQ

Produced:
  • Ready to roll out!
  • Fueled up, ready to go!
Selected:
  • What's that?
  • Speak up!
  • Go ahead.
  • Need something blown up?
  • What's our target?
  • Got no patience for sittin' around!
  • Laaay it on me!
  • Give us your best shot!
Move Order:
  • Rock and roll!
  • Can do!
  • I'll give it my best shot!
  • Rollin' out!
  • Heavy metal.
  • On my way!
  • I never tread lightly...
  • Oh, IT'S ON!
  • Ab-so-lutely!
  • Definitely.
  • Af-firmative!
  • Ride on!
  • It's all me!
  • Rollin'!
  • Yes sir!
  • Let's roll!
  • Move it!
Attack Order:
  • This'll be a blast!
  • It's BOOM time!
  • Ready to drop the hammer!
  • Pound em' flat!
  • Good night now!
  • Got em' in my sights.
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Music to my ears!
  • Let's get 'em!
  • Ranged in!
Attacked:
  • I'm in deep!
Annoyed:
  • Why don't you walk about thirty yards out and stand still for me?
  • I love the smell of burning wreckage in the morning! (Apocalypse Now)
  • I don't have to shoot ya. I can just run you over!
  • Hehe, man, I just LOVE blowin' things up!
  • Let me hear your guns, boy. *distant cannon fire*
  • Why can't I quit you, siege tank? (Brokeback Mountain)
  • And here it is, a long drive up the fairway, he takes the shot and... *fires cannon* WHOA! IT'S IN THE HOLE! IT'S IN THE HOLE! (Caddyshack)
  • Nothing like getting tanked with your buddies! (From Dusk Till Dawn)
  • It's WAY past time I dispensed some indiscriminate justice!
  • If the guns are churnin', your rear end is burnin'! If the guns are blazin', your rear end is... *gears grind* ...a raisin. I don't know, what do you want from me?
Other:
  • It's been a slice! (Death cry)
  • Sounds like a plan! (Entering dropship)

Thor:

https://youtu.be/ISzAPpUzLuA

Arnold Schwarzenegger in spaaaaaaaaaaaace.

Produced:
  • Thor is here.
Selected:
  • Hit me!
  • I hear you!
  • I am here, click me! (Predator)
  • Hear the thunder!
  • I'm heavy metal!
  • Got something for me?
  • Get me back into the fight!
  • I'm wasting away here!
  • Fix me up, will ya?
Move Order:
  • Now, now, now!
  • Stick around. (Predator)
  • OK, baby.
  • Let's go!
  • Watch this.
  • All over it.
  • Can do.
  • No problem.
  • Right!
Attack Order:
  • Hammer of the gods!
  • Eat hot lead!
  • Ohh, it's on!
  • Dropping the hammer.
  • Ride the lightning!
  • It's over you idiots!
Attacked:
  • Ja! Come and fight me!
Annoyed:
  • Don't waste my time!
  • I am the destroyer! (Conan the Destroyer)
  • I could aim, but with this thing, I don't have to.
  • What happened to you commander? They got you pushing too many pencils? (Predator)
  • I am a thunder god!
  • And I hurl thunderbolts!
  • Eawarghhhhh!
  • *Quietly* Quiet... I'm trying to *now yelling* sneak up on them!
  • Thunder and lightning, this is crazy!
  • I am rated T for Thor.
  • If someone asks me if I am really a god, I'll say yes! (Ghostbusters)
  • If someone asks me I ever killed any zerg, I'll say yes, but they were all bad! (True Lies)
  • What is best: to crush the zerg, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the protoss. (Conan the Barbarian)
Other:
  • Ragnarok, baby! (Death cry)
  • I'm on fire. No, really! (Death cry with Immortality Protocol)
  • Hurry up and fix me you idiot! (Death cry with Immortality Protocol)
  • Hahaha, good as new! (Thor Wreckage repaired)
  • Just what I needed. (Thor Wreckage repaired)
  • I'll be back. (Selected line (cut))
  • Sue me, dickhead! (Annoyed line (cut))

Predator:

https://youtu.be/tWFM9tungeE

All:
  • (Assorted growling)

Viking:

https://youtu.be/t55nKXBAMPo

Produced:
  • Ready to plunder.
Selected:
  • Transformation systems primed.
  • Fight or flight? Yeah right.
  • Let's get into the fight.
  • Made for battle.
  • You ready for war?
Move Order:
  • No one lives forever.
  • Victory.
  • Bold...
  • I like it.
  • Very well.
  • Haha!
  • Agreed.
  • Alright.
  • Inbound.
  • Certainly.
  • Yes indeed.
Attack Order:
  • Burn and pillage!
  • Weapons primed!
  • Strike hard and fast!
  • Fortune favors the bold!
  • I love a good raid!
  • There's the spirit!
  • Aggressive, I like it!
Attacked:
  • Can't hold 'em alone!
Annoyed:
  • Erik! Baleog! Olaf! Come in! *pause* Must've gotten lost again... (The Lost Vikings)
  • Well, grease my gears.
  • Coordinates set. Norse by Norsewest. (The Lost Vikings 2: Norse by Norsewest)
  • I'm the best pilot in all the nine worlds! Oh yeah.
  • *hums Ride of the Valkyries*
  • Shock and Awe, baby.
  • Raiding and pillaging builds character, really!
  • Blood and glory! Man, I must be losing it...
  • By air or by land, all shall fall by my hand! *pause* Wait, d-did I say that out loud?
  • *Adjutant* Welcome to Viking. If you want rockets, press four. If you want weapons, press five. If you know the enemy you want to kill, press seven.
  • Fly the unfriendly skies. (United Airlines)
Other:
  • Valhalla! I'm coming! (Death cry)
  • V-TOL, engaged. (Fighter Mode)
  • Transform! (Assault Mode)

Medivac:

https://youtu.be/avN7vICX208

Produced:
  • Ready for dust-off.
Selected:
  • Waitin' on you.
  • Pickin' up or droppin' off? (Ghostbusters)
  • Talk to me.
  • Now what?
  • Where's the emergency?
  • Ready for pick up?
  • Life flight's here.
Move Order:
  • In the pipe, five by five. (Aliens)
  • I heard that.
  • Loud and clear.
  • Will do, command.
  • ETA: One minute.
  • Inbound.
  • Well hallelujah!
  • Acknowledged.
  • Understood.
  • Confirmed.
  • On my way.
  • Let's go.
  • Heading out.
Attack Order:
  • Who's gonna rescue me?!
  • Me? You're sure?
  • If you say so.
  • *sigh* ...This should be quick.
  • Oh hell.
  • Going in.
Attacked:
  • Somebody, get me out of this mess!
Annoyed:
  • I normally don't give rides to strangers.
  • Be sure to wipe your feet at the door.
  • Hurry up! What are you missing a leg or some... *awkwardly* oh...
  • Attention passengers, the local time... doesn't matter since you'll be dead soon anyway.
  • WE'RE HIT! WE'RE HIT! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! WE'RE... haha! Just kidding! Should've seen the looks on your faces!
  • The weather outside is hostile with a slight chance of fog-of-war.
  • Uh, why you boys all wearing red shirts anyway?
  • Welcome to the Flying Meat Wagon.
  • Walk it off!
  • Welcome aboard. Are you an organ donor?
  • The power of medivac compels you! (The Exorcist)
  • Oh suck it up! You act like you got BOTH arms blown off!
Other:
  • Medic! (Death cry)
  • Negative H.Q. (low energy)
  • I had exorcised the demons! (Heal) ((Ace Venture: Pet Detective))
  • Go into the light! (Heal)
  • We'll fix you right up. (Heal)
  • Strap in. (Load)
  • Watch your step. (Load)
  • Here's your stop. (Unload)
  • Droppin' off. (Unload)

Banshee:

https://youtu.be/vK0DUBMuxRY

Produced:
  • Engines screaming.
Selected:
  • Yeah?
  • I got my ears on.
  • Call the ball.
  • Holla back.
  • Load and clear.
  • Receiving.
Move Order:
  • Weapons hot!
  • Turbines to full.
  • In bound!
  • Roger that.
  • Done and done!
  • Engaging.
  • Confirmed.
  • I got this!
  • Can do.
  • No problem!
  • Right.
  • Fine.
  • That's fine.
Attack Order:
  • Rolling thunder.
  • I'm gonna enjoy this.
  • Screamin' fury.
  • This could get messy!
  • They ain't gettin' far.
  • Apocalypse...now! (Apocalypse Now)
  • Targets acquired!
Attacked:
  • Mayday! Mayday!
Annoyed:
  • We ain't got all day.
  • I'm burning fuel here, smart guy.
  • This is the 'Give-em-hell-o-copter'!
  • What is with you monkeys in command?
  • Thanks for the...props.
  • You can only tie the record for low flight.
  • In space, everyone can hear me scream... *pause* ...cause I'm the Banshee, get it? (Alien)
  • Today's in-flight movie will be Ghost Academy: The Musical, starring Zec Afron and Corbin Green. (High School Musical)
  • Please turn off all cell phones, gauss rifles, EMPs, psionic waveform emitters, and plasma-based perdition flamethrowers. Thanks, and have a great flight!
  • What's the vector, Victor? Give me the clearance, Clarence. (Airplane)
  • Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit Stimpacks... (Ditto)
  • Anyone else know how to fly this thing? No? I'll wing it...
Other:
  • Stealth mode engaged. (Cloak)
  • Got an energy crisis, here. (Low energy)

Wraith:

https://youtu.be/H00V486-H4Q

Produced:
  • Wraith awaiting orders.
Selected:
  • Go ahead, command.
  • Transmit coordinates.
  • Standing by.
  • Reporting in.
Move Order:
  • Coordinates received.
  • Attack formation.
  • Roger.
  • Vector, locked in.
  • Will do, command.
  • Thrusters to maximum!
Attack Order:
  • Targeting systems primed!
  • Light 'em up!
  • It's go time!
Attacked:
  • Whoa, they're all over me!
Annoyed:
  • Last transmission breakin' up, come back.
  • I'm just curious, why am I so good? (Independence Day)
  • You know who the best star fighter in the fleet is? (The Right Stuff)
  • Yours truly.
  • Everybody's gotta die sometime, Red. (Platoon)
  • I am invincible, that's right. (Goldeneye)
  • Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law. (Mythbusters)
  • All wings, look out for blue ice.
  • Phew, that ain't vespene gas. Somebody crack a window.
Other:
  • Eject. (Death cry)
  • Hmm, total systems failure. (Death cry)
  • Oh no... (Death cry)
  • This ain't good... (Death cry)
  • Goin' dark. (Cloak)
  • Negative, command. (Low energy)
I find it... telling... that the Wraith has four entirely different death lines.

Science Vessel:

https://youtu.be/fsc8VcqPqDc

No longer a Mr. Burns impression 2/10 see me after class.

Produced:
  • Explorer reporting.
Selected:
  • Ah, greetings command.
  • Transmit orders.
  • Receiving, headquarters.
  • We have you on visual.
Move Order:
  • Excellent!
  • Commencing!
  • Affirmative sir!
  • Let's roll!
Attack Order:
  • I like the cut of your jib. (The Simpsons)
  • With pleasure!
  • Most definitely!
  • Science hurts.
Attacked:
  • I'm in a pickle!
Annoyed:
  • *monkeys screeching* What - Who set all these lab monkeys free?!
  • E equals mc...d'oh, let me get my notepad.
  • Fusion, eh? I'll have to remember that.
Other:
  • Ah, the ship... out of danger? (Death cry) ((Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan))
  • I think we may have a gas leak! (Low energy)
  • That's how we did it in my day. (Nano-repair) ((The Simpsons))
  • Science wins again! (Irradiate)

Raven:

https://youtu.be/ToXE9yNPVd8

Has a more mechanical voice with odd inflections.

Produced:
  • Raven online.
Selected:
  • Ready for service.
  • Scanning battlefield conditions.
  • Engineering at your disposal.
  • Awaiting orders.
  • Command.
  • State your request.
Move Order:
  • Job confirmed.
  • Order accepted.
  • Understood.
  • This vessel will comply.
  • Command authority registered.
  • Systems primed.
  • Right away.
  • Immediately.
  • Commencing.
  • Order acknowledged.
  • Under way.
Attacked:
  • This vessel requires assistance.
Annoyed:
  • Logic capacitor. Offline.
  • Darn. I appear to have 'Turrets Syndrome.'
  • Command not recognized.
  • Cannot comply.
  • What are you doing commander?
  • What have you done for me lately, human?
  • I'm sorry, commander. I'm afraid I can't do that. (2001: A Space Odyssey)
  • Authority override in effect.
  • This vessel has assumed control. It has assumed control. (2112, by Rush)
  • All your base are belong to us. (Zero Wing)
  • I know I made some very poor decisions lately, but I can give you complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. (2001: A Space Odyssey)
  • Who said anything about cake? (Portal)
Other:
  • Target acquired. (Seeker Missile)
  • Auto-turret engaged. (Build Auto-turret)
  • Eyes in the sky. (Build Point Defense Drone)
  • What a blast this will be. (Spider Mine (cut))

Hercules:

https://youtu.be/-Z1Y5CPtafA

Produced:
  • Ay, laddie!
Selected:
  • Move it, move it, come on.
  • Yeah?
  • Oh, don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Move Order:
  • Okay.
  • Roger.
  • Easy...
Attacked:
  • If I die, I'll kill ya! (Red Dwarf)
Annoyed:
  • Off with ya!
  • Oh, now you're asking for it!
  • HEED! PANTS! NOW! (So I Married An Axe Murderer)
Other:
  • I'm too mean to die. (Death cry)
  • Get in my hold! (Load) ((Austin Powers))
  • Out ya go! Out ya go! (Unload)

Battlecruiser:

https://youtu.be/qNy6lWSYne0

Produced:
  • Who called in the fleet?

Selected:
  • Patching you through.
  • What is it?
  • Well?
  • You hailed?
  • Yes, commander?
  • Oh really?
Move Order:
  • Course laid in.
  • Take it slow.
  • Acknowledged.
  • Whatever that means...
  • Yes commander.
  • En route!
  • Yes sir.
  • Roger!
  • Okay.
  • Will do.
  • I'm on it.
  • Engage.
  • Squadron en route.
Attack Order:
  • Weapons charged and ready!
  • Commencing bombardment.
  • Take no prisoners!
  • Ah, how exciting!
  • Cauterise the area.
  • Full attack! All weapons!
Attacked:
  • It's a trap! (Star Wars)
  • Abandon ship!
Annoyed:
  • Let's go this way really, really fast! If something gets in our way, shoot it! (Better Off Dead)
  • We are running low on synergy...
  • This battlecruiser shoots, it destroys, but wait! It does more... (Inventor and infomercial salesman Ron Popeil)
  • Let's hurry up and finish this attack, it's raid night...
  • What's with all these blinky lights?
  • Flying this low always makes me nervous.
  • Do svidaniya. Don't get any on ya!
  • I've lost my hat! Swing around, we'll pick it up. (Hot Shots!)
  • We're going down. Stay with the ship. I'm out! Where's my escape pod? (Spaceballs)
  • The Yamato is loaded and so am I...
  • I'm seeing double! Shoot them both!
  • Ah, it's happy hour. Wonderful!
  • What do you mean we're out of olives?!
  • I have an announcement! I am drunk!
  • Don't panic, just grab ahold of the nearest crew member! Oh, sorry dear...
Other:
  • Shields at maximum. (Defensive Matrix)
  • Yamato cannon online. (Yamato Cannon)
  • Insufficent energy. (Low energy)
  • We need to recharge. (Low energy)
  • Plasma torpedoes loaded. (Plasma Torpedo (cut))

Jim Raynor:

https://youtu.be/ZljYst0sesk

Produced: (Hero units have production lines, again as an editor thing)
  • Let's make it count.
Selected:
  • What's up.
  • Talk to me.
  • What's the plan?
  • Break it down.
  • Sell me.
Move Order:
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • You can count on me.
  • Raiders roll.
  • Time to man up.
Attack Order:
  • Charge it.
  • Give 'em some pepper.
  • Kick rear end!
  • Lethal.
Attacked:
  • I'm getting buried here!
  • This don't look good.
  • Fat lady's about to sing.
Annoyed:
  • My dad raised me right... Tried to, anyway.
  • I've seen a lot of good lives wasted.
  • I always come through in a pinch.
  • Everybody's gotta believe in something.
  • I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble.
  • Koprulu: Love it or leave it!
  • Yippie-kai-yay. (Die Hard)
  • A country boy can survive! (Song of the same name by Hank Williams Jr.)
  • You don't mess with the bourbon cowboy!
  • Now... I sure could use some Scotty Bolger's Old No. 8.
  • I got friends in the low places. (Friends in Low Places, by Garth Brooks)
Other:
  • Goin' bust. (Death cry)
  • Ah hell... (Death cry)
  • Right between the eyes. (Penetrator Round)
  • Say good night, ugly. (Penetrator Round)
  • You won't feel a thing. (Penetrator Round)
  • Lights out. (Penetrator Round)
  • Whatever's clever. (Move order (cut))
  • It's aaall good. (Move order (cut))
  • It is what it is. (Move order (cut))
  • Aaall day long. (Move order (cut))
  • Take it to the limit. (Move order (cut))

Tychus Findlay (Marine):

https://youtu.be/s3rxYfglcpw

Produced:
  • It's about drat time!
Selected:
  • I'm a bad man.
  • Don't provoke me.
  • You gonna bark all day? (Reservoir Dogs)
  • Don't waste my time.
  • What's in it for me?
Move Order:
  • Walk the walk.
  • A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
  • Whatever it takes.
  • You can't fix stupid. (Comedian Ron White)
  • Okay, armchair general.
  • I didn't hear no magic word. (Jurassic Park)
Attack Order:
  • Full auto!
  • Why don't you join me?
  • Tear 'em a new one.
  • You're mine now!
  • Shut up and die!
  • You know what daddy likes?
  • Just like old times!
Attacked:
  • Get your head out of your six!
  • Get the lead out!
Annoyed:
  • People lose teeth doin' that.
  • I don't play well with others.
  • Think I'm gonna like you better... dead.
  • Shoulda seen me and Jimmy in action. Those were the days.
  • When in doubt, empty your magazine.
  • If the enemy's in range, so are you.
  • Friendly fire... ain't.
  • I've got the New Folsom Prison Blues.
  • drat, dropped a corn nut in my armor. Anybody got a shop vac?
  • Whoa, they gotta stop feedin' us chili!
Other:
  • That the best you got? (when killed)
  • I got no regrets. (when killed)
  • Fire in your hole! (Shredder Grenade)
  • Hey freak, catch! (Shredder Grenade)
  • Say 'hello' to my little friend! (Shredder Grenade) ((Scarface))
  • Who's your daddy? (Shredder Grenade)
  • Time to kick rear end! (Shredder Grenade)
  • Light 'em up! (Shredder Grenade)

Tychus Findlay (Odin):

https://youtu.be/tvK-fyh-bAE

Produced:
  • This is ridin' in style.
  • Love at first sight.
Selected:
  • Let's see what this baby's got.
  • It followed me home. Can I keep it?
  • I like it.
  • Heavy duty.
  • This'll get 'er done.
  • Make room for the big dog.
Move Order:
  • I like it.
  • Heavy duty.
  • This'll get 'er done.
  • Make room for the big dog.
  • Ragna-rock and roll!
Attack Order:
  • Squash 'em like bugs!
  • Wrath of God incoming!
  • Nothing but a smokin' crater.
  • Big dog is off the leash!
Attacked:
  • Hope this thing's insured.
Annoyed:
  • *rapid beeping* What the hell's this 'check engine' light?
  • There ain't no unkickable rear end when you got Odin.
  • *Laughter* And I will strike down upon thee, with great vengeance and furious anger. (Pulp Fiction)
Other:
  • drat, I thought gods were immortal. (Death cry)

Rory Swann:

https://youtu.be/Pp3SSM7Tw-I

Produced:
  • What's up, cowboy?
Selected:
  • Any time you're ready.
  • Is that it?
  • Let's show 'em what we got.
  • No time for chat, cowboy. What's up?
Move Order:
  • drat straight.
  • I got it, hotshot.
  • Yeah, yeah, I'm doin' it.
  • Oh, that's just great.
Attack Order:
  • Hey, leave some for me.
  • Oh, it's payback time.
  • I'll keep 'em at arm's length. *laugh*
  • How'd you like that?
Attacked:
  • Hey give me a hand, will ya!
Annoyed:
  • Hey, wanna arm wrestle? *arm whirrs*
  • Hey, wanna hear the sound of one hand clappin'? *metallic thud*
  • Present... arm! *metallic thud*
  • I got your nutcracker right here. *nut cracks*
  • Havin' a claw for a hand is great, so as long as you don't scratch.
Other:
  • Ah, son of a... (Death cry)
  • Betty here will roast 'em good. (Flaming Betty)
  • How do you like them apples, huh? (Flaming Betty)
  • Extra crispy! (Flaming Betty)
  • *inhales* Smells like victory! (Flaming Betty)

Egon Stetmann:

https://youtu.be/WoKGGHmETvE

Produced:
  • Commander?

Selected:
  • Just fascinating!
  • *Hums a song*
  • Need help, sir?
  • Back off man, I'm a scientist. (Ghostbusters)
Move Order:
  • I have a plan.
  • Riiight... oh, I mean, yes sir.
  • Oh, just my luck.
  • You sure about this?
  • Oh fiddle sticks.
  • Yes.
Attack Order:
  • We're doomed.
  • Me? Attack?
  • Do zerglings have large talons? (Napoleon Dynamite)
Attacked:
  • Game over, man! I'm done! Done! Don't wanna play anymore! (Aliens)
Annoyed:
  • There's got to be a better way to collect samples.
  • Take me back to the lab. It's icky here!

Gabriel Tosh:

https://youtu.be/N4HRiEPshMc

Produced:
  • Killin' time!
Selected:
  • You askin', or tellin'?
  • Open your mind. (Total Recall)
  • I know it before you say it.
  • Out with it.
  • Talk is cheap.
  • Convince me.
  • What's crackin'?
Move Order:
  • Irie.
  • I do, what I wanna do.
  • Let's just see about that.
  • Maybe yes, maybe no.
  • drat straight.
  • Let's do this.
Attack Order:
  • Bleed 'em slow.
  • Extinguish the flame.
  • Gonna do it real quiet.
  • Bad mojo on the way.
Attacked:
  • Gonna be a ghost for real.
  • You got me into this. Get me out!
Annoyed:
  • Trust ain't easy to come by.
  • Fear is my greatest weapon.
  • You're dead, and you don't even know it.
  • I ain't afraid of no ghost. (Ghostbusters)
  • Who you gonna call? (Ditto)
  • *laughter*
  • My gun be jammin'!
  • Watch the voodoo that I do. (Labyrinth)
Other:
  • Don't be bringing me back. (Death cry)
  • I'm out! (Death cry)
  • Ooh... drat. (Death cry)

November Terra:

https://youtu.be/t9CZKoq_XOA

Produced:
  • Failure is never an option.
Selected:
  • Nova here.
  • Say again?
  • Confirm that last?
  • I'm reading you.
  • Status report.
Move Order:
  • Strictly business.
  • Acknowledged.
  • En route.
  • Got it.
  • Loud and clear.
  • On the move.
  • I'll make it happen.
  • Executing.
  • Consider it done.
Attack Order:
  • Preparing to terminate.
  • Engaging the enemy.
  • On the offensive.
  • Advancing on target.
  • They won't see me coming.
  • Initiating assault.
Attacked:
  • Request immediate evac!
Annoyed:
  • The enemies of the Dominion are everywhere.
  • I'm a professional. The best of the best.
  • We've all got skeletons in the closet. Keep it up, and I'll add yours to mine.
  • I can read your mind. Not a lot going on in there.
  • Get your mind out of the gutter.
  • Keep it up. I will use deadly force.
  • Your actions are embarrassing both of us.
  • I can shoot the wings off a fly. Imagine what I can do to you.
  • Who are you? Nevermind, I remember.
  • WHO are you?
Other:
  • Mission terminated. (Death cry)
  • This is Nova, signing off. (Death cry)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Ah, so THIS is where the "in the rear with the gear" line was.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Looking forward to the Zerg unit quote writeup after HotS, in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP Tychus, too cool for this game

Do Marine suits have a ventilation system or something? I have no idea how Tychus can see if his helmet is filled with cigar smoke