Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
What's on your backlog? Everyone post your backlogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

acksplode posted:

Wtf I really can't believe that's totally missing. They gotta patch that in eventually, pretty important for a 3d tactical combat game imo.

Yeah the camera is bizarrely bad with 3 dimensions considering how crucial managing height advantage can be, there is 100% zero excuse for them not having an unlocked camera. Game needs a photo mode anyway.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I prefer to keep my shame and poor impulse control private.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

unattended spaghetti posted:

Human plays game for forty five minutes and declares it eh. Film at 11 lol.

But for real sorry it wasn't to your taste.

I mean I'm not a fan of the theming and I didn't enjoy playing the game on controller. Those are both discernable in 45 minutes. I'd rather get my 74 dollars back over playing 5 more hours and quitting in frustration with no refund.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I've been meaning to play grounded for awhile now. Everyone says its really good now(tm), but I actually believe them with this game. I tried it when it first launched on GP ages ago but that was a small beta compared to what it is now apparently. Also I need to buy and play like 3 vampire survivor dlcs lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Seltzer posted:

I mean I'm not a fan of the theming and I didn't enjoy playing the game on controller. Those are both discernable in 45 minutes. I'd rather get my 74 dollars back over playing 5 more hours and quitting in frustration with no refund.

As much as I love the game, respect. I am a sucker for bog standard fantasy settings in game and I loved Mass Effect and Dragon Age and a bunch of other poo poo, so this is catnip for me. But more people really should be willing to cut their losses when they're not feeling something. I wouldn't be stuck with so many things I'm never going to finish because I thought they might come to grow on me. Only time that ever worked out for me was with the Souls games, and even then it was mostly about getting gud, the setting and everything else grabbed me from the get go.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Almost everything that came out on Game Pass these last couple of weeks and months (except for Goat Simulator), which is :

- Against the Storm (PC game pass)
- Steamworld Build
- While the Iron's Hot
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Spirit of the North
- Persona 5 Tactica

Game Pass has been really good lately!

I'm also currently still playing Hogwarts Legacy, and of course Halo Infinite. The firefight update is so good.

And don't get me started on my Steam backlog, which is a couple dozen point-and-clicks.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Seltzer posted:

I'm just teasing ya. I view the game as a truly monumental achievement and I'd hate for someone to miss out but there's no accounting for taste and you don't have to justify anything to anybody.

But to tie it to backlog, BG3 is astonishing to me not for its creativity or its mountains of content absent any filler or its adaptive story or its great performances and animation or its tons of little details that make it stand out as a labor of love like variation on weapon attack animation based not just on class but also race or any of the other loads of things that make it cool. No. It's astonishing to me because as a person who'll drop a game at the slightest provocation, it's one that I'll not only finish but probably beat multiple times. And that never happens.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 10, 2023

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Backlog:
Banjo Kazooie NB
Metroid Prime
Crimson Skies HRTR
Ridge Racer 6
Cyberpunk

and yet I ignore everything in favor of Darktide…

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEoJhRER7M

Hell yeah (March 21)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Playing rn through RE4 Remake and Cyberpunk 2077. My backlog is insanely big but I think I'll manage it around... 2040.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m waiting for Rogue Trader to get a sale it looks pretty neat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Dead space remake and armored core 6 :getin:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dead space remake and armored core 6 :getin:

AC6 is my goty. Play it before dead space imo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

dawg i have games i got for the snes when it was still current that i haven't cleared out of my backlog yet. i gave up ever making tangible progress on it decades ago.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The problem with my backlog is that they keep making new games. Do a hiatus in 2025 or something drat

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
With BG3 controller stuff, I actually thought the tutorial for controls was pretty good, and there’s reminder descriptions on the screen constantly. The only thing I’ve had to google was how to use a torch from your inventory (hold dpad up for half a second).

Someone posted a big list of control tips a few pages back, and I think everything there was covered by the in game tutorials and prompts. I didn’t realise you could click RS during dialogue checks to see what buffs and modifiers your roll will have, but it’s actually right there on the dialogue screen, clear as day: RS Show Tooltips

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

dawg i have games i got for the snes when it was still current that i haven't cleared out of my backlog yet. i gave up ever making tangible progress on it decades ago.

Yeah, I'm firmly in these camps. I'll never get to all the games I want to yet I still buy them because I'm a sucker for good sales and the once-in-a-blue-moon sale on release day (i.e. Dark Forces Remastered in February).

Hopefully a scientific breakthrough happens that can freeze time around me or enable a way I can keep playing my games in the afterlife.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
having a backlog is fail.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Still haven't finished hifi rush, and wanted to give that other talking fridge game a go

Got halo, forza, sot and dune spice wars in my multilayer rotation. Heard aoe4 is in a pretty good state now as well so might give that a go again

Probs buy Alan wake 2 when it goes on sale over Xmas too

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

lol fuckin' same my man, can't wait to properly jump into Yoshi's Island. I think it's made worse by a lot of modern games having FOMO from time-limited events and stuff like on one hand it's rad that developers want to support games so much to the point that if you like it you'll always have other stuff to do but on the other hand please have mercy

Professor Beetus posted:

The problem with my backlog is that they keep making new games. Do a hiatus in 2025 or something drat

We haven't long had a hiatus thanks to Covid and now we're being punished

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Alan Wake 2

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm enjoying the hell out of Cyberpunk, as well as old standbys like Slay the Spire. I don't have a tonne of time to play games. I am Hella looking forward to Light No Fire, but otherwise I just play a bunch of gamepass games and that does exactly what I want.

Funny thing about Baldur's Gate 3 was I played a chunk of it, and then stopped playing and started playing Divinity 2 instead because even tho I actually play tabletop RPGs and enjoy the poo poo out of them I don't actually give a gently caress about Baldur's Gate as a setting. I just preferred the slightly weirder and more, uh, cartoonish (?) setting of Divinity.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Neverwinter Nights 3. Thinking back on it I think Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights 2 were the only D&D games I really got in to, the former because I was new to gaming in general so it seemed amazing, and the latter because it was right timed around high school and I doubt it would hold up nearly as well.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
If we got another NWN I would give just about anything for a slightly lower fidelity game with a suite of module making tools like the first one had. Some of my fondest memories were browsing the old Vault website and popping into dinky persistent online worlds with esoteric roleplaying requirements. That little universe was such a wonderful and fascinating one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

AC6 is my goty. Play it before dead space imo

Ok I’m playing AC6

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont have a backlog and dont understand the concept.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ruffian Price posted:

if we're really judging supposedly narrative content by the rarity of the items it leaves you with (they're not real! the time you spend with the game is real!) they could change that very easily

Yeah that’s fair. Makes sense they would want to promote the newer content, though. In any case, I’m doing a raid for the first time since D1 and 4 hour game commitment is not for me!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ok I’m playing AC6

It’s really good. I need to go back and finish now that spidey time is done.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What is ac6

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Assassin's Creed 6

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Ace Combat 6

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Animal Crossing 6

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm getting this urge to play Overwatch 2.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Lammasu posted:

Seek help

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Barudak posted:

I dont have a backlog and dont understand the concept.

I don't have an official backlog the way many goons do but I have quite a few games that I would like to play and haven't yet because other games I want to play more keeps coming out.

And I just started a 3rd solo playthrough of Baldur's Gate 3 and picked back up a multiplayer campaign that had been on hiatus. :negative:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Its overwatch 1, the exact same, but a small tiny bit worst, so the only reason I can fathom is you're horny as hell for one of the new characters

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Barudak posted:

Its overwatch 1, the exact same, but a small tiny bit worst, so the only reason I can fathom is you're horny as hell for one of the new characters

I've never played Overwatch one. And I'm horny for some of the older characters.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

I've never played Overwatch one. And I'm horny for some of the older characters.

Oh well fire that son of a gun up and get to enjoying the game. Don't wait for it to hit gamepass, you wont last that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Immortals of aveum runs like poo poo on Series X. No performance option.