Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sono posted:

That makes it sound like Moss scored the TD, then lateraled it to Williams, who somehow gained 15 more yards.

Yeah, that's just how PFR lists it. As another example, the River City Relay is just in the box score as "Jerome Pathon 21 yard pass from Aaron Brooks", but the whole play is "Aaron Brooks pass complete to Donte Stallworth for 42 yards, touchdown, lateral to Michael Lewis for 7 yards, lateral to Deuce McAllister for 5 yards, lateral to Jerome Pathon for 21 yards".

Out of curiosity, I checked and the NFL website is a bit clearer "Scoring Play: (Shotgun) A.Brooks pass to D.Stallworth to JAX 33 for 42 yards. Lateral to M.Lewis to JAX 26 for 7 yards. Lateral to D.McAllister to JAX 21 for 5 yards. Lateral to J.Pathon for 21 yards, TOUCHDOWN.", so I presume the PFR way is maybe just a big with how it's reported in their box scores, since laterals aren't all that common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

The Chiefs crying their salty, delicious tears over the refs calling an obvious penalty makes this win so much sweeter. :kiss:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1734040949934690558

:laffo:

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
The rare ref :thurman:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm saying it, the Broncos are a good team. RWBS, Sutton is HIM, defense shenanigans, Javonte is a human tank. This team loving rules.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What a Sunday

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm saying it, the Broncos are a good team. RWBS, Sutton is HIM, defense shenanigans, Javonte is a human tank. This team loving rules.

They're going to beat the Lions and I'm gonna be hell of mad.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Been in a cribbage tournament so couldn’t post but just wanted to confirm my impressions from today’s games

Lions are frauds
Chiefs are frauds
Eagles are frauds (in progress)
Vikings are an affront to god

Can anybody confirm?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How many drops and/or hilarious wr mistakes were made by the Kansas WR corp?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I feel like receivers not lining up correctly on the line is usually tricky tack and inconsequential, but Toney was so blatantly too far forward refs kinda had too throw a flag there

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How many drops and/or hilarious wr mistakes were made by the Kansas WR corp?

You might want to take a seat before getting the answer to this. And definitely don't take any big swigs of water.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Oh god it was Carl Cheffers? It was a penalty, the end. But Cheffers being involved is going to have Chiefs fans going full :tinfoil: about things.

There is ongoing beef there as far as many fans are concerned.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1734054156459978760?t=e55B2Bz8wEI-u3tLTEGBxA&s=19

Lol

Absolute baby poo poo. He really is shooting for this generation's Brady.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I am really enjoying this season where there are no undisputed, dominant teams, especially in the AFC where there is a 6 way tie for the last 2 WC spots and the #1 WC spot is tied with 2 division leaders. Hell, 11 teams at least have a chance to take the #1 seed, albeit <1% chance for any team with fewer than 8 wins.

In the AFCN all four teams have a realistic shot at the division still, especially considering the Ravens schedule down the stretch.

This season rules, partially because we're all frauds.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1734054156459978760?t=e55B2Bz8wEI-u3tLTEGBxA&s=19

Lol

Did Brady do stuff like that? I remember sadTom.jpg or whatever, but I don't remember any bitchfest quite like this one from Mahomes.

It's basically a new thing all together.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

Did Brady do stuff like that? I remember sadTom.jpg or whatever, but I don't remember any bitchfest quite like this one from Mahomes.

No Brady would already be down the tunnel

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lol

Crying to Allen about the call after all the bullshit Allen has seen for the last 3 years is insane lmao

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

the very next play

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVDgHEg2jnY

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mahomes is definitely coming across like a huge entitled giant whiny baby

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wilderthanmild posted:

Brady did all his screaming at the refs whenever a defender’s finger came within a foot of his jersey, he absolutely had fits on the field at times.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Pissypants pat

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Jesus Pat, I hope you’re twice as pissed at Toney tomorrow for making a Pop Warner-level mistake…

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Mahomes is facing the most adversity of his NFL career (being 8-5), and is not handling it well.

It would've been a better look to completely throw Toney under the bus than whining about the most obvious correct call.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fknlo posted:

the very next play

Blue line isn't official. Doesn't look like he lined up offsides when you look where the ball is.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Imagine being kadarius toney. You already have to exist as kadarius toney and then you get yelled at by a dude who sounds like Kermit the frog doing a Kenny powers impression.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

Blue line isn't official. Doesn't look like he lined up offsides when you look where the ball is.

Oh I know. He's just so much further past anyone else.

It's a really bad look for the team to be complaining about that call though. Like read the loving room dumb shits. It was blatant, beat the guy that did it with socks full of bars of soap and move on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nvm i see the bad point now

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Going to the championship game every year you've been the starter really fucks up your perspective doesn't it?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I can't believe a professional competitive freak was being unreasonable in the immediate wake of a last-minute play that cost his team the game

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
it just keeps going. incredible meltdown. legendary even

https://twitter.com/McKenzieMNelson/status/1734017807107407928

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

yes the call was elementary, for the refs, who saw Toney lined up offsides and threw the flag.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, not sure how much more I'll watch this season with them acting like this. It's a bad look, especially when the team is in the position they are. There was a sideline reporter that said that Toney checked with the official but they couldn't comment if the official did anything(and then deleted the tweet). And guess what, even if there's video of the dude giving a thumbs up and then immediately throwing the flag he was still offsides. Dumb fucks lining up offsides isn't the fault of the refs. The team is poo poo and undisciplined and now they're throwing temper tantrums.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Something tells me you will continue to watch

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I do appreciate that Chiefs fans here are not bitching as much as Mahomes is.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man gently caress off Mahomes this is the worst look you've had since you've been in the league.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BrownThunder posted:

Something tells me you will continue to watch

I've barely watched or completely missed watching several games this season already. It wouldn't be hard to continue that through the rest of it.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

The real question is what does Taylor think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fknlo posted:

Oh I know. He's just so much further past anyone else.

It's a really bad look for the team to be complaining about that call though. Like read the loving room dumb shits. It was blatant, beat the guy that did it with socks full of bars of soap and move on.

The ball also looks to have been snapped in that picture, so it might just be showing that Von has a real good getoff.