Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Agents are GO! posted:

God if I only had :10bux:

Maybe they'll do it for free, never hurts to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Shanghaied posted:

It's some hacker culture thing. The BF is likely a computer toucher.

A classmate got one of those Casio TV remote watches, and for like a week his favourite activity was switching off and on all the TVs and monitors in school. Then he got bored and moved onto other things. This was like in 7th grade. This loving dude is 35. Jfc just break up with him already.
Even at 35, I could see it potentially being a funny joke to pull once. Hell, OP even says that the first time, everybody was amused. And maybe if they were hanging out with different groups of friends, he could use it once with each group; the same way that a SO/spouse will hear the same story a bunch of times.

But yeah, repeating the same prank over and over on the same group of friends is just ridiculous.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for not allowing my wife to punish our son for an disgusting and embarrassing gift?

quote:

My wife(36) and I(38) have three kids. Twins(M and F 14) and a boy (12). The problem is between my boys Noah(twin), Liam and their mother.

Liam always felt that his mom favors Noah over him. To get it straight out of the way: She loves him but he is still right. To make it simple I would say Liam gets 60% and Noah gets 100% of all love and affection their mother is able to give. His mother swears that it’s not the case but it’s obvious to everyone else, including our girl. I am trying my best to make things even without punishing Noah for something he has no control over.

Liam's relationship with his mother and Noah has collapsed in the last year. He only speaks to them when it’s necessary and he strictly addresses his mom with her first name. He avoids them and flees from them and when his mom or Noah try to talk to him or do something friendly from him, he berates them until they give up.

Yesterday we celebrated my wife’s birthday with close friends and family. Liam stayed in his room although his mother slipped him a handwritten invitation under the door. When it came to opening the gifts we discovered to our surprise that Liam’s name was on one of them. My wife was super exited and grabbed this one first.It was a disgusting collage with family pictures. Liam was always cut out and my wife had devil horns and insults written on her head. She bursted out in tears immediately and ran out of the room. Everybody saw this collage. The party was over of course and my wife was publicly humiliated in her own home on her birthday.

Liam refuses to come out of his room and I decided to let him be for the moment but his mother demands that I ground him for a month with no electronics. I refused to do so and told her that if I punish him now for her he will resent her even more and their relationship may be unfixable. She called me an AH and an enabler. She doesn’t care about reconciling with her son, she wants revenge.

AITA?

Edit: she didn’t say she wants revenge, she said he should be punished for what he did. With revenge I meant that I think she wants him punished and does not think about the consequences.

Edit 2: Had a quick talk with my wife. She wants therapy too. But only for her and Liam. She says there is nothing wrong with the other kids.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"My son hates me!"
"Stop treating him differently than the other son."
"No."

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for not letting the only guy in our office use the ladies room.

quote:

I'm not sure if it's a health problem but he destroys the toilet when he uses it. He literally plugs up the toilet in the men's bathroom every day.

Recently he has decided that it is too much for him to plunge the toilet when he does this so he has been leaving it like that for the cleaning crew.

We allowed him to use the ladies room one day and he did the same to our toilet. We forced him to go in and fix it. He was not happy.

Both of our bathrooms require a key card to access. He has been asking us to borrow a card so he can use it. The other two women agreed but I said no. He said I was being an rear end in a top hat and he would clean up. I said if he was willing to clean up then he could just go clean the mens room. He wouldn't. The other women feel bad for him but I don't care.

He has been having to go across the way to a fast food place to use their bathroom and they won't let him use it without a purchase.

The women came to me and said we were cutting into his work time forcing him to go elsewhere to poo poo. I said that I would agree to let him use the bathroom so long as I got a signed agreement from them that if he did not clean up them they would take care of it. They said that wasn't fair. I, once again, don't really care. If they want to be nice and let him stop up the shitter then they can clean up after the slob.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's hard out there for a phantom shitter once you go public

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

kru posted:

I have a flipper and it's a daft toy - don't use your gadgets to gently caress with people who you are supposed to be having a night out with.

Honestly I might even do this for a bit of a chuckle, but like…once. “Hehe tee hee I goofed with your phone check out this neat thing I bought and how I did it :3:” as a conversation starter.

But sitting there playing master hacker and shutting down the entire group just because you can? Grab that thing from the man, smash it on the ground. Dare him to call the cops because I’m sure they’d love to hear you talk about the felonies that you were just prevented from doing.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's hard out there for a phantom shitter once you go public

This is taking "I poo poo on the company dime" to the extreme. The guy has no shame.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

christ what an rear end in a top hat

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for not letting the only guy in our office use the ladies room.

pencilhands!?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Boss makes a dollar
I make a dime
That's why I became a bioterrorist

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Am I understanding correctly that this guy regularly takes two toilet-clogging shits in the course of an 8-9 hour workday? What the gently caress is he eating?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for refusing to stay sober during my wife’s pregnancy?

quote:

My wife (Lauren) and I and have a son together and are expecting a second. Lauren is a recovering alcoholic and has been sober for over a year at this point and she’s doing great. At the start of her sobriety, she asked me not to drink in the house or around her to avoid causing her to relapse, and I agreed to it because I wanted to support her as much as possible and so I stayed sober with her for the first while. But eventually I started drinking again and she was fine with it by that stage.

But after she told me that she was pregnant, we had a talk and she told me that she didn’t want me to drink around her or go out drinking anymore now that she was pregnant. I asked her why it was a problem all of a sudden and she said that she didn’t want to risk relapsing while she’s pregnant. I told her I thought it was unfair on me because the fact that I drink around her hasn’t been an issue for over a year, and now she expects me to stay sober with her for the duration of her pregnancy. She started going off on me about how I should be wanting to do what’s best for her and how I don’t understand how hard it’s going to be for her for the next while, but I essentially told her that just because the next 9 months are going to be hard for her, it doesn’t mean she has to make it harder for me as well. She got pretty upset over it, but I just think that I shouldn’t have to stop drinking all of a sudden just because she’s pregnant when it hasn’t been a problem for so long.

well OP, it seems like the problem here is that you're choosing alcohol over your wife

quote:

Our marriage is fine, she won’t decide to leave me.

quote:

I’m not an alcoholic, nor am I selfish.

oh, well never mind then. cheers

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for refusing to stay sober during my wife’s pregnancy?

well OP, it seems like the problem here is that you're choosing alcohol over your wife

oh, well never mind then. cheers

I've refrained from drinking around people I have barely met because they were recovering alcoholics.

This bloke already has known this woman long enough and closely enough to already have one kid with her and be expecting another. Loves her enough to marry her. But her reasonable request of "I am an alcoholic, please don't drink around me whilst I am pregnant" is too much?

He is a very bad man.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Pirate Radar posted:

Am I understanding correctly that this guy regularly takes two toilet-clogging shits in the course of an 8-9 hour workday? What the gently caress is he eating?

The food from the fast food place across the street he's paying for in order to take a third destructive poo poo

It's really a perfect plan for big toilet

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

BrigadierSensible posted:

I've refrained from drinking around people I have barely met because they were recovering alcoholics.

This bloke already has known this woman long enough and closely enough to already have one kid with her and be expecting another. Loves her enough to marry her. But her reasonable request of "I am an alcoholic, please don't drink around me whilst I am pregnant" is too much?

He is a very bad man.

i liked this one:

quote:

|| But eventually I started drinking again and she was fine with it by that stage.

Did you ever have a conversation where she said she was fine with it or did you just start drinking and it was fine?

OP posted:

She never said that she had a problem with it.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

odiv posted:

Just the title because really what more do we need?

Am I wrong for making my boyfriend pay for an Uber because he didn’t get me off?

I looked it up and it's just depressing, dude wanting to put it in his girlfriend's rear end but he's disgusted by her masturbating next to him. A few good comments though.

quote:

He needs to be an ex and get him a fleshlight

quote:

But she’s more than a warm hole to him… She’s also a chauffeur.

Unfortunately the OP is not listening.

Rat Patrol posted:

She's not wrong for her comfort level but she's wrong for imposing it on an unconsenting person
This reminds me of some lady whose daughter-in-law didn't want her there when the daughter-in-law was giving birth and the woman said, "Don't worry, I've seen it all before." Or when you tell someone you're not comfortable inviting them over because your place is a mess and they say, "I don't mind." It's not about YOU, dumbass.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for refusing to go out to the store to buy milk for my girlfriend & causing her to leave the house?

Ah, boyfriend tests.

Recently I met one of my brother's first friends he made when he moved for a job several years ago. She and her husband are Indian and moved to the US as adults. She told a story about someone telling her about two children at a daycare. The American kid (may have been white, not sure) was cheerfully chowing down on raw broccoli and carrot sticks. The Indian kid had like five dishes spread out in front of him and was crying that he wanted something different. Apparently there's some cultural thing where Indian-American kids are absolutely spoiled for food, which, to be fair, I absolutely would be too if I got to eat Indian food every day.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MrQwerty posted:

The food from the fast food place across the street he's paying for in order to take a third destructive poo poo

It's really a perfect plan for big toilet

That’s a good suggestion actually: should they get a really big toilet installed in the men’s room? One that could handle this guy’s Brobdignagian dumps.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
just get one with a garbage disposal on it, they make those right?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I bet he just uses too much toilet paper. My brother would use these massive softball sized wads when we were kids and I had to unclog the toilet constantly

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Foo Diddley posted:

just get one with a garbage disposal on it, they make those right?

They do yeah, I’ve used one. It’s called a macerator when it’s in a toilet.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

If there was ever someone that needed a poop knife...

This could also be a situation where a bidet solves the problem because its not his colossal dumps but the roll of toilet paper her wipes with.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pirate Radar posted:

They do yeah, I’ve used one. It’s called a macerator when it’s in a toilet.

whaaaaaat

i was just joking, i had no idea

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for laughing like scooby doo

quote:

Recently I found out I can laugh exactly like scooby doo, I just had a weird hunch, I tried it, I’m great at it. Every since realizing this a couple weeks ago I just keep doing it randomly around my boyfriend because it’s funny and he usually reacts with annoyance but not anything extreme. He just thinks it’s silly. But tonight we were kissing a bit on the couch and I did it when he pulled away and he got really upset for some reason and he’s been refusing to touch me at all since saying he doesn’t trust I’m not gonna do the “stupid loving laugh” again. Am I seriously in the wrong here or is he being ridiculous, I’ve just been messing around

"Look, honey, you know I love you, but I just don't think this is working out" "RUH ROH"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for laughing like scooby doo

"Look, honey, you know I love you, but I just don't think things are working out" "RUH ROH"

jinkies

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Foo Diddley posted:

whaaaaaat

i was just joking, i had no idea

It’s for the niche situations when you want to put a toilet into a place where the pipes aren’t meant for solids and it’s easier to install something that just goes brrrrrrr and liquidizes your solids than it is to rip out and replace the piping. Trust me, I only know this because I was really confused and hitting Google to figure out wtf after I flushed and the bottom of the bowl started spinning furiously.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pirate Radar posted:

Brobdignagian

That's a big word

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Toilet Macerator would make a good username

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MrQwerty posted:

yeah, a buddy of mine has a flipper and I've played around with it a few times, it's neat if everything is happening consensually. Otherwise, gently caress off.

From the discussion I don't really understand what is the purpose of these? Like what's the pitch?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

John Wick of Dogs posted:

From the discussion I don't really understand what is the purpose of these? Like what's the pitch?

A. An interesting tool for security researchers.
B. An annoying tool for annoying tools like this rear end in a top hat.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You can be a huge rear end in a top hat. With technology, so it's all okay.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
With the flip of a switch you create a situation where you know what’s going on and other people don’t, which is all some people are looking for in life. That sense of power, no matter how minor.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

I looked it up and it's just depressing, dude wanting to put it in his girlfriend's rear end but he's disgusted by her masturbating next to him. A few good comments though.

Unfortunately the OP is not listening.

It's probably all fake anyway... Here's a list of other posts that were all deleted from the OP. I recognized one of their non-deleted posts as I went looking at their search history last week and couldn't remember why. They deleted pretty much everything including the 10k karma pettyrevenge post about their boyfriend that was the reason I was looking at them.

https://www.rareddit.com/r/pettyrevenge/comments/184uq3p/new_hire_at_my_boyfriends_job_thinks_shes_going/

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Making a small sacrifice in solidarity of the woman I love who's carrying my child?

Bulllshit!

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS!!!!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

This is true.

There is a lot to be said for intimate couples to be comfortable enough around each other to poo and wee and fart etc. in each others presence. But there is more to be said for one member of that couple to say "Hey, please don't come in whilst I am having a shower to take a poo poo." and the other party respecting that.

Because, yeah, it's her house so she can poo poo whereever and whenever she likes. And yeah, she is comfortable and intimate enough with her BF that she is not embarrassed by pooing in his presence. These are both good things. But she is also an adult, so can hang on and hold it until he has finished using that bathroom to be polite, or use the other one if it's an emergency.

And this politeness goes both ways too. A simple "Are you going to need a piss/poo poo anytime soon? If not, then I'm going to have a shower." would be an easy and polite way for him to avoid being walked in on.

That's the thing, as soon as you move someone in, you have to agree on what the situations going to be like. That "MUH HOUSE, MUH RULES" is something lovely, toxic boomers do. As soon as my girlfriend officially moved in (about 5 months after she actually moved in, and after 3 months of us living together, but that's another story) I knew that anything related to the house, or how we live in it, had to be by mutual consent, which was a legit bummer for me, for a few reasons, but I sucked it the gently caress up, because I wanted to live with her and be in a relationship with her, and not just live in the house alone with my cat.

This is even true with roommates, I bought this house, my name's the only one on the mortgage and tax documents, but back when I lived with roommates we still talked about what the house rules would be, and I consulted with them before making any changes that permanently altered the living situation in the house.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for not returning home for my fiancee when she was locked outside of the house?

quote:

It’s a nice Sunday afternoon. My plan is to walk to my sister’s house (an hour away) and watch my football team play live on television. It’ll be dark once the game finishes, so I’ll take an Uber back. We don’t have cars and are also trying to save money (wedding to pay for and much more). My fiancee plans to stay at our home, read, relax, watch TV.

So I make the walk to my sister’s. After about forty minutes there - and about twenty minutes into the game - I get a call from my fiancee. She’s in tears and has accidentally locked herself out of the house while picking up a food delivery to the home. She wants me to come back and use my key to let her in the house.

My first job is to calm her down. Then I have to convince her not to try and break our side door down so she can get in. Then a solution occurs to me. I tell her to take an uber to my sister’s. Then, I’ll uber us both back home in an hour when the game is over. That way my fiancee is not locked outside in the cold and I still get to watch the game. She doesn’t want to do this. There’s no real reason why besides her just not wanting to. She wants to carry on with her evening plans in our home. I don’t force the issue. I express that I want to stay and watch the game and my solution works for everyone, but it’s her choice. I’ll come if she insists on not coming. Otherwise, she can come here for an hour until we go back together.

She eventually take an uber to join me at my sister’s. We watch the match for another 45 minutes then I call us an uber back home. The whole time, she’s annoyed at me, barely speaking to me. She thinks I should have simply came back to ours when she called, stop what I wanted to do that evening to amend her mistake. My contention is: my solution was the best of both worlds! The way we did it, she was not locked outside of the house in the cold AND my whole plans for the night weren’t scuppered.

I basically feel like she’s expressing is: ‘what I wanted to do that night is more important than what you wanted.’ And what’s more, i don’t see how she can have an issue with the solution we came to: her coming to my sister’s for an hour then us going home together. It’s not like we got home late. It was 6pm. The uber one-way is cheap too. So Reddit, SHOULD I have gone straight back home when she called? Am I the AITA?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

And this politeness goes both ways too. A simple "Are you going to need a piss/poo poo anytime soon? If not, then I'm going to have a shower." would be an easy and polite way for him to avoid being walked in on.

There's a second bathroom. Why should he need to ask that?

AITA for throwing my friend out of the party after he misbehaved with my girlfriend because a prank went wrong

quote:

I was throwing a birthday dinner with drinks to close friends and family at a fancy cocktail place. My friend doesn’t drink at all, as a health conscious choice. He is a mildly religious person. My girlfriend was having a fancy cocktail and so was everyone else, except my friend.

He saw her drink and asked if it contained alcohol, if not, he would like to taste it because it looked great. She was tipsy and jokingly said no (lied), because she is a cocktail enthusiast and wanted him to sample it. He tasted it and instantly became furious because it contained alchohol.

His reaction - he started yelling at her all out in an extremely rude tone at the top of his voice, asking me to do something. He continued berating her, causing a scene at the pub. She apologised vehemently and then started crying. But he kept berating her.

I was quite drunk and was just absorbing what was happening, but interviewed as I saw her crying.

He stated that she broke his religious rule and continued to yell at me as my girlfriend rushed to the washroom, asking me to do something as I’m the man of the relationship. I know for a fact that he used to drink before and stopped at some point in time, and that’s his choice. But I didn’t buy the religion reason because he never mentioned it before and seemed more like an excuse to justify his nasty anger.

After she came back from crying in the washroom, he continued to yell at her and she kept apologising while crying. So I made a call and thought enough is enough. Told him very frankly that he needs to control his outrage, that even though she mad a mistake, she is genuinely sorry and that he can’t talk her like that. I told him that even though she made an honest mistake and is genuinely sorry, it’s not a crime big enough to justify nasty language.

He didn’t heed it and continued berating her out of spite, so I asked him to leave, thus breaking our friendship too. My girlfriend volunteered to go home instead and asked me not to do this to him because she felt guilty for causing his situation to arise.

So my friend is generally sexist but we tolerate him for his other qualities. She committed a mistake but how much outrage is tolerable for this? AITA for throwing him out?

Friend is probably an rear end in a top hat too if OP is correctly relaying what he said about "the man in the relationship" but this is otherwise the correct reaction to a "prank".

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for not returning home for my fiancee when she was locked outside of the house?
I'm always suspicious when one person goes off to do something that's important to them (a hobby thing, a sports thing, hanging out with friends, etc.) and as soon as they arrive and settle in their absent partner suddenly has an accident or emergency and needs them back home right now.

I wonder how "accidental" the fiancee's locking herself out actually was.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

FMguru posted:

I'm always suspicious when one person goes off to do something that's important to them (a hobby thing, a sports thing, hanging out with friends, etc.) and as soon as they arrive and settle in their absent partner suddenly has an accident or emergency and needs them back home right now.

I wonder how "accidental" the fiancee's locking herself out actually was.

In my overly elaborate imagining of the circumstances, she waited for him to leave so she could order her guilty pleasure meal that he either hates or always steals so she can only have it when he is safely away. And then she was so excited about it, she rushed out of the apartment to meet the delivery guy, forgetting that the door would lock automatically behind her. She brought her phone with her so she could track the delivery status in real time, which is why she was able to call him for help. And she immediately tore into the food with her bare hands because she was locked out from the kitchen with its plates and utensils, which made her hands too greasy to be able to climb up the drain pipe to get back inside.

Also secretly they hate each other and do everything they can to mildly inconvenience each other in an exhausting never-ending cycle of passive aggression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i mean if you think about it, there's really no other story that makes sense