Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Serephina posted:

This video is age-restricted and only available on YouTube (clicks on link) -> Sign in to YouTube to view this content

Like... at what point did the internet get so loving worthless that every domain is a walled garden doing its best to break cross-site linking?

I'm usually logged in on a burner account so I didn't know it required a login to view, gross.

Maybe not any better but here's the same thing on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=915302691912129
and reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/evp9ev/guy_vapes_homemade_carolina_reaper_juice/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

CainFortea posted:

Edit: Also while looking up some of the spellings I found out there's an alkaloid in the sap of a plant called a spurge that is 16,000,000,000 on the scale. Pepper X is 2,693,000

i want to know what new and exciting hallucinations that sap gives you

has anyone tried it?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The plants are called "spurge" because they're used for purging.

Though I can't attest to anyone actually trying the pure extract directly.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

The screen half-covered in the captions "[moaning, grunting, slurping, expletives]"

Why did you subtitle my sextape?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resiniferatoxin posted:

At 16 billion Scoville units, resiniferatoxin is rather toxic and can inflict chemical burns in minute quantities. The primary action of resiniferatoxin is to activate sensory neurons responsible for the perception of pain. It is currently the most potent TRPV1 agonist known, with ~500x higher binding affinity for TRPV1 than capsaicin, the active ingredient in hot chili peppers such as those produced by Capsicum annuum. For rats, LD50 through oral ingestion is 148.1 mg/kg.[13] It causes severe burning pain in sub-microgram (less than 1/1,000,000th of a gram) quantities when ingested orally.

thats nuts

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

You can buy Euphorbia resinifera at any decently-stocked cactus and succulent specialty nursery, but once you get it home you're just going to be anxious around it the whole time.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

What in almighty gently caress is this?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Imagine being a plant that evolved spines AND gut-melting chemical defenses and stupid mammals still try to eat you

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
monkey love spicy

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Serephina posted:

This video is age-restricted and only available on YouTube (clicks on link) -> Sign in to YouTube to view this content

Like... at what point did the internet get so loving worthless that every domain is a walled garden doing its best to break cross-site linking?

I mean, most YouTube videos embed just fine. You're not wrong about Enshittification in general, but I really don't think that's what's going on in this case.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Fishstick posted:

Imagine being a plant that evolved spines AND gut-melting chemical defenses and stupid mammals still try to eat you

Haha my butthole 12 hours later goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

e:

crusty posted:

What in almighty gently caress is this?

Either its tongue or its penis. YOU be the judge :eng101:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Takes No Damage posted:

Either its tongue or its penis. YOU be the judge :eng101:
Porque no los dos?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

A Carolina reaper is great if you're really hungry and want to eat a million of something.

sorry Mitch

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
You all need better buttholes

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Mauser posted:

You all need better buttholes

Always good to strive for

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Fishstick posted:

In the end your schemes tricked the stupid mammals to grow more of you, so good job you plausible seeming Darwinian counterargument

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

CainFortea posted:

My butt hole is paying for my hubris

That's a thread title.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/16lNrgA.mp4

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

hakuna matata muthafucker

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

CainFortea posted:

The next day she texted me to tell me that "My butt hole is paying for my hubris. Why didn't anyone tell me that spicy food did this?!?"

It's a rite of passage. :allears:

Reminds me of the time I went to Joella's for Nashville hot chicken a few years ago. I'd been there a couple times before and felt that their second hottest heat level was a bit disappointing, so I decided to try the highest level.

What I wasn't aware of is that apparently, their heat levels must be loving logarithmic because no one told me it went from "a few steps above mild" to "literally Carolina Reaper". I managed to push through 2 of the 3 pieces but I had to tap out (after like 10 trips to refill my water).

We all pay for our hubris at some point.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Karate Bastard posted:

Why did you subtitle my sextape?

...for the sake of the hard of hearing, naturally.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
On the way in I'm very resistant to chili these days. I can eat Carolina reaper based hot sauces without wanting to die. However my guts never got the memo, so if I eat for example a packet of that samyang extra spicy ramen, I better be near a toilet three or four hours later or there will be trouble.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

It was wagging its tail and everything

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I just want to say hot food doesn’t burn your rear end in a top hat on the way out and if you say it does I don’t believe you

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I signed a waiver to try a hot sauce back in like 2010 and it paralyzed my arms and face, but then afterwards I felt high as poo poo for about 5 hours

Wouldn't do it again but hot stuff is fun as poo poo

Also Da Bomb is garbage, it uses synthesized capsaicin with no regard for flavour. A lot of hotter hot sauces do this but that one is real bad

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That my problem with super hot stuff - so often they taste like poo poo.

They're designed for macho idiots to show off to other macho idiots. Man, I just want some tasty hot poo poo.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My favorite heat is just poo poo-tons of cayenne. Tastes really good, makes your head sweat. No downsides.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

I once had a bottle of chilli oleoresin with an SHU of over a million. Had to do sequential dilution to use it.

Man cross over with the Krokodil thread. Did you end up on the floor trying to live/buy a grand piano?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

freeedr posted:

I just want to say hot food doesn’t burn your rear end in a top hat on the way out and if you say it does I don’t believe you

agree

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

CainFortea posted:

now it's parts per million * 16 to convert.

Edit: Also while looking up some of the spellings I found out there's an alkaloid in the sap of a plant called a spurge that is 16,000,000,000 on the scale

Does this alkaloid have more than 1 million parts per million?? Seems like the max theoretical rating would be 16M for raw elemental capsaicin

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

freeedr posted:

can i borrow your guyses buttholes for a couple days to see what it's like not making GBS threads lava

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

freeedr posted:

I find it depends on how the spice was consumed. If I eat hot sauce? No issues. If I eat something like spicy chicken from Church's where the spice is mixed into the skin? Even if it's less spicy up front more of it survives to the other side.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Evilreaver posted:

Does this alkaloid have more than 1 million parts per million?? Seems like the max theoretical rating would be 16M for raw elemental capsaicin

Based on discussion upthread, it has some other compound that activates the same receptors capsaicin does but much more intensely, so they're basically saying "it's 1000x hotter than pure capsaicin would be".

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Elias_Maluco posted:

hakuna matata muthafucker

I mean there's a reason they aren't called peacethogs

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7SJDZAXHWI

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You've been visited by the Peacethog. Now chill the gently caress out or else.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I would simply not eat the sauce that is so spicy it makes you want to die but that's just me.

Felonious_Monk
Oct 26, 2008
Cry havoc, and let slip the thogs of war

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That Hog Out Grazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof